The Crucible

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
140 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate this update. (83 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this update? (5 best, 1 worst)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#81 Pika6807

Pika6807

• RS Name:Pika
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

Posted Image

First kill at the Crucible.

Opponent had full Statius's on. :D

#82 Dannnyy

Dannnyy

Blackpool FC

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

You Pkers always have something to moan about.
First it's, "Jagex don't give us updates enough."
Then when they give you updates it's "Why is the content they give us always crap?"
Then it's "They give us crap content because they don't give a crap about the PvP community".
Oh wait, scrap that last one, you have said that since day one.

All jokes aside you don't understand how lucky you are as a PvP community in a MMO. You get many content updates each year to go with PvP and contrary to your popular beliefs Jagex do try to make these work well and make enjoyable for you Pkers. Most MMO's are lucky to get an update to their PvP once and year and most of the time that is just to patch a few things.
If you don't like the way your treated as a PvP community by Jagex go to another MMO but don't be shocked when the developer doesn't put thereself out on a limb to create content throughout the year and year after you like Jagex do.

It may not be the best update but as said above, once a few things are ironed out it may become a great concept, give it time and try to understand how lucky you are to have a developer like Jagex working on the content.
Posted Image
                War Is Coming - Transformer Universe
                                The New Browser Based MMO From Jagex

#83 Evil.

Evil.

• RS Name:lies

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostDannnyy, on 19 June 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Then when they give you updates it's "Why is the content they give us always crap?"
Then it's "They give us crap content because they don't give a crap about the PvP community".

All jokes aside you don't understand how lucky you are as a PvP community in a MMO. You get many content updates each year to go with PvP and contrary to your popular beliefs Jagex do try to make these work well and make enjoyable for you Pkers. Most MMO's are lucky to get an update to their PvP once and year and most of the time that is just to patch a few things.
If you don't like the way your treated as a PvP community by Jagex go to another MMO but don't be shocked when the developer doesn't put thereself out on a limb to create content throughout the year and year after you like Jagex do.

It may not be the best update but as said above, once a few things are ironed out it may become a great concept, give it time and try to understand how lucky you are to have a developer like Jagex working on the content.
?

Clearly, we aren't being treated well as a pvp community. Pures are being killed off and this update is crap. I don't see how that's great treatment.

Keep in mind, Jagex also decided to shove PVP worlds (TERRIBLE) in our faces and expected us to like it. l0l

I can honestly say the only good pvp updates were the bringing back of the wilderness. No others. All the other updates; removing wildy, removing bh (which was a gift, but yes, they took it away of course), introducing pvp worlds, crap drops, introduction of the ditch, remapping the wildy - all crap.

Silly main.

Edited by Evil., 19 June 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#84 Ext1nct1onz

Ext1nct1onz

Ext1nct1onz/Alectrick

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

Ok I just finished a good 3 hours of non stop crucible pking.  It was a lot of fun, and I made about 12m profit (had one ~6m kill, the rest were rune sets with whips)

The ONLY bad thing about this update is that tank rangers are getting assigned to me.  I have fought quite a few low level tanks with only 75 def and like 90-99 range.  It's pretty unfair to them, but I reap the benefits of an easy kill (though they do put up a good fight!).

One minor issue is that you get a target pretty quickly after getting a kill, so you don't always have time to loot it all and leave before getting another target.

Ext1nct1onz

07 Scape

| 45/50 Attack | 34/75 Strength | 1 Defense | 70/82 Magic | 74/82 Range | 31/44 Prayer |

EOC

| 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 70 Defense | 99 Magic | 92/99 Range | 95 Prayer |

RIP Valhalla

#85 devenox

devenox

• RS Name:D ries

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostTact, on 19 June 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

I don't think this is a bad update; rather many people who are disappointed have been trying to make to make the Crucible into something that it's not.

1. The fee system is a good addition. It ensures some level of risk and cuts down on raggers, which a lot of pkers have complained about in the wildy.

2. On the subject of risk, don't complain if you're in rune and you get matched up with someone with SoA/gano/chaotics. The crucible isn't the Duel Arena, where you can choose who you fight and under what conditions. If they're willing to risk more to improve their combat effectiveness, then it means a bigger payout if you can kill them.

3. Clans have Clan Wars. The Crucible is 1v1 because it's based on a bounty hunting system. If full multi was allowed then you'd just get one group of individuals dominating the world with nothing left for everyone else.

4. I'm split on the use of summoning. On the one hand, the skill is factored into your combat level and should be something to be expected with main pking. As with other skills, notably prayer, players who train summoning should derive some benefit from it. However, it can also cut down on the quality of the fight, whether from people spamming titan scrolls or bringing a full BoB with them. A solution could be to create two arenas, one with summoning enabled and the other with it turned off.

In conclusion, I think the Crucible mostly lives up to what was announced in the BTS: an open-ended combat system that differed from existing forms of PvP. With some more fine-tuning of the matching system and perhaps an improvement on rewards, I expect it to settle comfortably into its niche.

This pretty much sums up my opinion. The only thing i did not expect was the summoning, which has his pro's and cons, but more cons imho.

As for the people complaining about 126's getting 138's as targets. I'm pretty sure that in old BH 118's could fight 126's aswell, so this should not be a surprise.

Posted Image

#86 Nick Rush

Nick Rush

RIP Rs..

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

View PostPika6807, on 19 June 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

http://i.imgur.com/UGPSa.png

First kill at the Crucible.

Opponent had full Statius's on. :D

Regen brace? He deserved to die
Only casually playing Old School atm.

Skiller: "Sloth Queen"

Buying Strange Fruits anytime 1k per.

#87 Psycho^

Psycho^

Get Mad

• RS Name:Ǽ
  • Clan:Damage Inc!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Heard about it, and though about buying a month of p2p to try it out. Then I read this thread, and others, and changed my mind. Looks like I'll be sticking to League of Legends and Diablo 3

#88 Waanzin

Waanzin

E X P

• RS Name:Moonki
  • Clan:Consentus

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostEvil., on 19 June 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

?

Clearly, we aren't being treated well as a pvp community. Pures are being killed off and this update is crap. I don't see how that's great treatment.

Keep in mind, Jagex also decided to shove PVP worlds (TERRIBLE) in our faces and expected us to like it. l0l

I can honestly say the only good pvp updates were the bringing back of the wilderness. No others. All the other updates; removing wildy, removing bh (which was a gift, but yes, they took it away of course), introducing pvp worlds, crap drops, introduction of the ditch, remapping the wildy - all crap.

Silly main.

silly pure complainin day and nite
it makes him feel allright

#89 OrawrItsDemi

OrawrItsDemi

Time is a flat circle

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

It's communities of MMOs in general. Most of the players are ungrateful, self-entitled morons who will find anything to complain about, so it's nothing new here.

#bestintheworld

Retired from RuneScape - September 2010

http://us.battle.net...rzalnter/simple

Houston Dynamo, Chelsea FC, Inter Milan fan.

#90 Daz121994

Daz121994

★★★★★

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

every1 in crucible in tank/gloth gloves/steel titan >.> this is not fun.the system itself is alright (a bit weird with that champion stuff) but the players are making it crap
R1IV3R0FR3D ~ Death Before Dishonour
L00TD3CT3R ~ The Green Dream
BLEED BLUE ~ No Guts No Glory

#91 Echliurn

Echliurn

Dave Bodom

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostBrony, on 19 June 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

It's communities of MMOs in general. Most of the players are ungrateful, self-entitled morons who will find anything to complain about, so it's nothing new here.

Exactly, runescapes pvp community is nothing unique, hell its pretty toned down in comparison to other MMOs.

Matching system might be tweaked at some point but it seems to be doing what they set out to do, summoning is something that can ruin the quality of a fight though.

Began 2002 - Maxed Melee 2005 - Maxed Combat 2006 - Retired 2013

Xbox Live - Dave_Bodom

Feel free to add for multiplayer

79k / 100k Gamerscore

#92 ʸᵃʸ

ʸᵃʸ

konnekting rod

• RS Name:Garalon
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

So, everyone's complaining about the combat system matching you with lower/higher level people.

Jagex claimed it would match you based on your "combat potential" or whatever their wording is.

Does it have to do with your gear? Like, if you're matched against someone much higher level, do you tend to have much higher gear than them? Because that would put you back on even footing.

While I agree it's a bit ridiculous to be risking 10M+ against someone risking 500K and being equally likely to die, that might be their logic.

#93 LenZ

LenZ

• RS Name:iDominate RS

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

Yeah it really is beyond me how Jagex didn't realise that the problems the wild and pvp in general have now are like 10x worse in a scenario like this where the area is fairly small etc. Hopefully since like 80% of the comments on the RS forums are negative they consider removing summ and or maybe adding 2 more arenas for different levels ranges so the matching system can't match 105's with 138s. Also...the area needs to be bigger so it is harder to get away then it is now.

Posted Image
Posted Image
                          My Runescape & Amnesia Videos

#94 Skitzodan

Skitzodan

Casual Dominance

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Maybe Jagex should start playing their game :\

#95 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

?

Silly main.
Pures abuse the current combat calculation to gain an unfair advantage and thus should be killed off.  It's their fault for abusing a system to get an advantage if later the system gets fixed and all of a sudden the abusers get destroyed.  And don't say you guys aren't abusing the system.  You all purposely train your stats to where your combat potential exceeds your combat level so you dominate those that are the same combat level as yourselves.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#96 dylanups

dylanups

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

Whos bright idea at jagex was it to allow summoning in this thing.
Posted Image

#97 Evil.

Evil.

• RS Name:lies

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostOrchh, on 19 June 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

?

Silly main.

silly pure complainin day and nite
it makes him feel allright
lol'd, coming from someone with 74 pray and mediocre combat stats

i have a 134 too. i prefer to pk on a pure because i like the high hits and the accuracy.

@the kid who says i abuse the system - you're retarded. pures have been around since the dawn of runescape classic. if we're such "abusers", then why hasn't jagex nerfed us YEARS ago? there's absolutely nothing wrong with training one stat more than another. runescape holds no rules to which stats you can train. pures choose to train all but defence.

and no, we don't dominate our own levels. we dominate other PURES our own levels, given that we can drop them with lucky hits. 8/10 times, i end up getting owned by kids with defence. don't be ignorant dude. if you've had a pure, you'd know what i'm talking about. clearly, you've only ever ventured into the wildy with a rune set and dlong and safed like a boss. l0l

Edited by Evil., 19 June 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#98 Dark Magi500

Dark Magi500

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

The summoning is a deal breaker for me, unfortunately. Someone earlier posted an idea to have one for summoning and one for non-summoning. Perhaps I'll renew membership then and come back to play it, but for now all the people I've fought had yaks full of food and that really diminishes the fun of it.

Yeah, they've earned it, but even if two people both had yaks it's just less fun.

#99 SoGreen

SoGreen

• RS Name:I am Nyu
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostEvil., on 19 June 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

@the kid who says i abuse the system - you're retarded. pures have been around since the dawn of runescape classic. if we're such "abusers", then why hasn't jagex nerfed us YEARS ago? there's absolutely nothing wrong with training one stat more than another. runescape holds no rules to which stats you can train. pures choose to train all but defence.

and no, we don't dominate our own levels. we dominate other PURES our own levels, given that we can drop them with lucky hits. 8/10 times, i end up getting owned by kids with defence. don't be ignorant dude. if you've had a pure, you'd know what i'm talking about. clearly, you've only ever ventured into the wildy with a rune set and dlong and safed like a boss. l0l
lol'd coming from someone who isn't comp cape. Stats have little to do with what he said. Get over yourself.

Pures were created back in classic as they had a higher DPS against other players and had a greater chance of killing within the 3 hits of no running in that combat system. Accounts with lower HP (through wine/dummy training) were ideal in this sort of system. That was the creation of the first pures. Pures then evolved in the new RS2 combat system to hold true to that same idea. They were designed to dominate any account their level by having much higher combat stats. However as more and more "overpowered" items came into the game - and the better armour and weapons became the use of a pure started to decline to what it is today.

Also Runescape has "unspoken" rules against pures and limited accounts. This comes in the form of quests with requirements and XP rewards.

#100 JessyU

JessyU

• RS Name:HeyitsJessy
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

A small breakdown

If you run away from your opponent you lose your entrance fee to your opponent (which makes sense because your opponent deserves a reward for making you run). The more you risk, the less entrance fee you will have to pay.

A problem here is the pairings of partners but since this is a brand new update im sure it will receive many tweaks in the months to come. I think a Beta for this project would have saved them alot of time and rage from customers.

Edited by ZdarkJessy, 19 June 2012 - 06:55 PM.

Nobody told the sheep, that they outnumber the wolves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: