• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 iBerry

iBerry

Good job.

• RS Name:mitchiemonte
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

With the introduction of the Queen Black Dragon, Grotworms were brought to the world of RuneScape. At first, they were great. Not only were they a great slayer task, but their drops made them all the more enjoyable. But now, bots have nearly taken over the Grotworm lair. Due to this, I can see the price of Rune items plummet, and I assume the Jagex will eventually nerf their drops. This upsets me.

What do y'all think about this epidemic?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 minidivine

minidivine

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

Nothing new, not even topic worthy. We already know the pattern with bot developers by now. If they see something profitable and easy to access, there will be a bot for it within a week. No they will not nerf item drops. Look at all the other bots that kill npcs for drops, never has JaGex (to my knowledge) nerfed drops because of that.
Posted Image

View PostL2 b whipped, on 02 September 2011 - 11:13 AM, said:

but why would i take time to scout to find people when i could just go  to edge and fight right away that are around the same level as me.

Your generic edge hybrid.This is what pking has become now, I guess.

#3 meow mix88

meow mix88

• RS Name:meow mix88
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

POPULAR

rune items cant drop in price because they're already at there alch value

View PostMib 17, on 25 September 2010 - 05:28 PM, said:

Shoutout to Meow Mix 88 for some serious camping ^_^.

View PostVoluminius, on 05 April 2011 - 06:39 PM, said:

Also would be nice if [Meow Mix88] would stop camping people[Binders]

#4 Christley

Christley

Failing since '03

• RS Name:Therealbest
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

that was fast to see a bot spread that fast.
and no, no nerf should be expected
Posted Image

#5 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

Like I said on a thread before, they aren't that big a deal. If they were, why are Frost Dragon Bones a 100% Rune Spear drop? I don't see a nerf anytime soon, but I do see a massive banning instead.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Sarrakas

Sarrakas

Puffo Brontolone.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:30 AM

POPULAR

What I don't understand is that Jagex, having 400 employees, can't just hire one guy that just goes around on all worlds all day to check out bot locations and ban the obvious bots. It costs them less than the revenue they lose from people that are fed up with the situation.

Posted Image
| Ex-Shadow Elves Leader | Ex-Mystic Knights Member | Ex-Fate Warlord |
| Global Moderator, feel free to message me with questions or concerns | Posted Image |

#7 Xtrm

Xtrm

(ง •̀_•́)ง

• RS Name:Xtrm
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Team:Sad Unit

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:47 AM

I'm surprised bots haven't snuck their way into Ganodermic beasts...

Honestly, everything that is profitable is botable nowadays. It's just simple greed, if there's something that is accessible that gives you more money, it makes sense to go there. Jagex need to stop working on game updates and finish Optimus before it's too late.

Posted Image

#8 Zparanoid

Zparanoid

Senior Dismember

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

Due to this, I can see the price of Rune items plummet

The price of runite items will always be protected by the high-level alchemy spell.  They won't fall much under the high alch price, as if they did then players obtaining runite items as drops, would just alch them instead of putting them on the Grand Exchange (many people do this already).  As it is, most runite items are selling with a grand exchange mid-price at or just iunder the high alch prices, and have been for a very long time.  Runite items can't really fall in value to any lower than they already are.

#9 Velits

Velits

Awesome~!

• RS Name:Velits
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:less
  • Team:Twinkle

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:33 AM

View PostXtrm, on 05 June 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

I'm surprised bots haven't snuck their way into Ganodermic beasts...

Honestly, everything that is profitable is botable nowadays. It's just simple greed, if there's something that is accessible that gives you more money, it makes sense to go there. Jagex need to stop working on game updates and finish Optimus before it's too late.

Due the high slayer req I assume. They need 95 slayer after all.

#10 jelloball

jelloball

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:48 AM

It's interesting the length to wich bot makers go to farm gold
Posted Image

#11 Magick

Magick

outrageous

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

There will not be a crisis over rune items lol, and as it is new content, JaGEx are probably already working on a fix.

Posted Image

#12 Kaur

Kaur

• Clan:RSD
  • Team:Team NH

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

Anything worth botting will be botted, simple as that.
Posted Image
Coming soon from Jagex Software! Runescape, our massive multiplayer adventure. Trade and communicate with other players. Learn skills to earn money, or if you're brave attempt to find riches in the dungeons. Your charactor will continue to evolve and improve the more you play, with quests to complete for extra rewards. Choose good or evil the choice is entirely yours!

#13 FunkVolume

FunkVolume

<3 Horticulture

• RS Name:Hydrop0nics
  • Clan:None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

Anything that can be botted to gain a decent amount of gp/h will be no matter what happens in the world of runescape.  Its just something we all have to come to deal with.  Jagex will continue banning them, they will continue making new accounts, rinse repeat.  They could possible nerf them it wouldn't be a shock at all I already feel they nerfed the drops of royal hides quite significantly compared to the first couple days they were released.

Funk Volume

If your a rap fan then give these guys a listen:

Hopsin, Dizzy Wright, SwizZz. Jarren Benton

FV TURN IT UP!!!

8+ years of RSC.

#14 ToeJam

ToeJam

Finger Picking Good

• RS Name:ToeJam

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

View Postminidivine, on 04 June 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

Nothing new, not even topic worthy. We already know the pattern with bot developers by now. If they see something profitable and easy to access, there will be a bot for it within a week. No they will not nerf item drops. Look at all the other bots that kill npcs for drops, never has JaGex (to my knowledge) nerfed drops because of that.

I disagree. They will nerf 'rewards' be they drops or otherwise if the bots can not be countered or as an easy solution... this was demonstrated in MA, programs were written to profit from the excessive money gains for spoils there... so they reduced the spoils rather than tackle to bots.

As it is a popular update, Jagex will probably find some kind of fix that hurts the bots rather than the genuine players.

Posted Image

#15 Bass Pew Pew

Bass Pew Pew

Gangsta Crizzab!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

View PostSarrakas, on 05 June 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

What I don't understand is that Jagex, having 400 employees, can't just hire one guy that just goes around on all worlds all day to check out bot locations and ban the obvious bots. It costs them less than the revenue they lose from people that are fed up with the situation.

You're smarter than all of Jagex.
Posted Image

#16 wubwubs

wubwubs

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

Grotworms were fun untill the bots went there.. but i kinda saw bots going there anyway.... bots just want to make money and idk why cause they arent using it they all use the same gear so why do they need the money? but really its not an epidemic.. its just runescape starting to get taken over by bots again.. *sad face*

#17 I Am Onher

I Am Onher

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

They need to release that bot nuke tbh

Posted Image

#18 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

Grotworms should be like strykewyrms in the sense they can only be attacked if on a slayer task.

I've got grots as my current task and the amount of bots is annoying although they do leave rune items on the ground a bit which is ok for alching for extra gp.

View Postwubwubs, on 06 June 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

Grotworms were fun untill the bots went there.. but i kinda saw bots going there anyway.... bots just want to make money and idk why cause they arent using it they all use the same gear so why do they need the money? but really its not an epidemic.. its just runescape starting to get taken over by bots again.. *sad face*

They're just after the mils to rwt, shame people actually buy mils for real life money though, if people didn't we wouldn't have this many problems with bots.

In some ways the free trade being removed helped due to preventing bots.

-Sprinted; 99 Slayer; 17th July 2012; 130 Combat; Only other 99 being craft

#19 Bexhill

Bexhill

Expecting the worst, will make you go far

• RS Name:S hane
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostDerp, on 07 June 2012 - 07:59 AM, said:

Grotworms should be like strykewyrms in the sense they can only be attacked if on a slayer task.

I've got grots as my current task and the amount of bots is annoying although they do leave rune items on the ground a bit which is ok for alching for extra gp.

They're just after the mils to rwt, shame people actually buy mils for real life money though, if people didn't we wouldn't have this many problems with bots.

But you get people who get cleaned from staking and go buy some money with rl cash then lose that staking, and repeat.. In a sense it's rather a good business, but you know...

#20 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

View PostRsBexhill, on 07 June 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

View PostDerp, on 07 June 2012 - 07:59 AM, said:

But you get people who get cleaned from staking and go buy some money with rl cash then lose that staking, and repeat.. In a sense it's rather a good business, but you know...

True, I don't think staking is worth it really, pretty much just luck if you're doing boxing or something similar.

I sorta doubt anything will happen to staking though.

-Sprinted; 99 Slayer; 17th July 2012; 130 Combat; Only other 99 being craft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: