• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Brb

Brb

Ranked #18 Construction

• RS Name:Brb
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

It seems that nodes are super-active during the appearance of a Runesphere so that seems to be the best time for hunting/camping nodes. During the hour when the runesphere was active, I gained about 120K xp through nodes just hunting them down from platform to platform. When runesphere isn't active, it's probably best to camp Soul ess Wraiths.

Nodes Worth Siphoning

Posted Image

2496 Total -- Completionist Cape Achieved
200M Construction [Feb 9th 2012]

Trimmed Completionist [Oct 12th 2013]

Ranked #18 Construction

#2 *Tom*

*Tom*

Expect to win.

• RS Name:BornSkulled

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

This got fixed hours after the update. They (JaGex) said that the nodes were spawning at an unnatural rate and quickly changed it to the proper amount which dropped the exp/hour significantly.

Tooheyy @SwiftIRC

Posted Image

>> Zybez Content Team << - >>Zchat Moderator<< - >> Zybez20 Team <<

Posted Image

#3 Brb

Brb

Ranked #18 Construction

• RS Name:Brb

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

View Post*Tom*, on 01 May 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

This got fixed hours after the update. They (JaGex) said that the nodes were spawning at an unnatural rate and quickly changed it to the proper amount which dropped the exp/hour significantly.

And then they fixed it again today and the spawns go nuts during runesphere -- this isn't outdated info, i did this 15 minutes ago.

Posted Image

2496 Total -- Completionist Cape Achieved
200M Construction [Feb 9th 2012]

Trimmed Completionist [Oct 12th 2013]

Ranked #18 Construction

#4 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

• RS Name:Debenkey
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

This appears to be more suited for the Tips board, so I'll move it there for you. :-)

#5 Jay

Jay

(ง •̀_•́)ง

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

Thanks for the tip mate. Love your videos btw. :hi:

"Men have called me mad, but the question is not yet settled
whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence whether
all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought
from moods of mind exalted at the expense of general intellect"

#6 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

Thanks for the tip! Been wondering where the best island for nodes were.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Banco Populair

Banco Populair

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

Thanks for the tip bro.
+1

#8 Maxsje

Maxsje

------

• RS Name:Maxsje
  • Clan:N/A

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

The island south of it seems better for lower levels though, seeing as you can only syphon from half of those nodes at level 77 and it spawns Jumpers, blood pools and skulls regularly, plus you can travel across when those same appear on your island (cost is 1 air, 1 death and 1 blood and most of those runes are given by the nodes, + there is an air essling on the bigger island and you only need to pay once to travel). Then it's only a matter of finding a world where a runesphere is active, which is easy with friend chats around. :-D
The Law my calling is, my robe, my tongue, my pen.

Current stats: View here
Current goal: 17/20 skills at 99 (Max2Max)

#9 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

I find Siphoning mid tier Lodes to be very effective. I get around ~100k an hour for the mid lodes (Vines, Fire Storm, Flesh) and hunting for the Yellow Wizard. I get more XP/Hour by Siphoning Vines than I do with Soul Esswraiths.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#10 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

View PostMaxsje, on 02 May 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

The island south of it seems better for lower levels though, seeing as you can only syphon from half of those nodes at level 77 and it spawns Jumpers, blood pools and skulls regularly, plus you can travel across when those same appear on your island (cost is 1 air, 1 death and 1 blood and most of those runes are given by the nodes, + there is an air essling on the bigger island and you only need to pay once to travel). Then it's only a matter of finding a world where a runesphere is active, which is easy with friend chats around. :-D
I found just 1 node at that island. :-( I did find some other good islands around the runespan though, most of them are in the southern part.

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#11 Stanley

Stanley

Completionist

• RS Name:Stanley

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:30 AM

Runesphere is active at the moment and not many nodes are spawning. Especially soul ones. There are only 3 people here including me if that matters.

Yesterday I averaged 1.9k-2k points here with like 6-7 living soul nodes and others. Don't know what's affecting them :-/
Posted Image

#12 Maxsje

Maxsje

------

• RS Name:Maxsje
  • Clan:N/A

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

View PostThe duck, on 02 May 2012 - 03:27 AM, said:

View PostMaxsje, on 02 May 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

I found just 1 node at that island. :-( I did find some other good islands around the runespan though, most of them are in the southern part.
Yeah, I realised a little after that post that this video is a bit premature and not correct seeing as that exact island was empty on a runesphere activated world where I was checking. I don't think any particular islands stand out to be better than others, I think it's a combination of people present on a certain floor/world and whether or not runesphere is influencing the Runespan that determine how many nodes are spawning somewhere.
The Law my calling is, my robe, my tongue, my pen.

Current stats: View here
Current goal: 17/20 skills at 99 (Max2Max)

#13 SavageRaven

SavageRaven

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:20 AM

Just got 85 rc from it and i have 10k points now :D But thanks for the info.
Posted Image

+ 1 if you're a bro, - me if you're scared

#14 Christley

Christley

Failing since '03

• RS Name:Therealbest

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

i wouldnt say it looks like the video.
ive been standing there for over 8 hours and ive only gotten that many spawns 1 time. and it lasted about 20 minutes. other than that there's only one there, and not high lvled at all. mostly mid lvl.
and yes. its during the runesphere
Posted Image

#15 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

For your interest, I think it would be better to siphon your second-best creature for the best results. Example: I am level 81 RuneCrafting, so I can siphon Blood and Death Esswraiths. Both provide decent xp, but I ''fail'' a lot, so I'll be getting xp flows like ''60-1-1-1-60-60''. When I siphon the Law Esshound, I have almost a 100% succes factor. Might be useful for some, especially if you are gathering rune essence.

Edited by The duck, 02 May 2012 - 09:35 AM.

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#16 petronjelly

petronjelly

• RS Status:Free

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

It is great that I dropped in this thread. Thanks for the video its seems that my runscape will be pretty exciting!

#17 Stona Bona

Stona Bona

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

Is the best way for runespan xp/hr! After fix! Plus its semi-afkable!
Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (exceeding 500 pixels in width or exceeding 150 pixels in height) and/or its file-size was too large (exceeding 150KB). To find out more, please see our Signature Guidelines. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be suspended. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.

Thanks, Josh Hogg.

#18 buumi

buumi

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

awesome tip.. i been running around like a headless chicken so far.

#19 Tact

Tact

Master Magician

• RS Name:Tact
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Darken S0uls

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

This tip is outdated. Whatever happened yesterday seems like it was a one-time thing, and hasn't been reproduced since. There's better spots to camp if you're siphoning nodes/looking for max xp/hr.
Posted Image

#20 Dj Ju Fro

Dj Ju Fro

• RS Name:Dj Ju Fro
  • Team:#Fro

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for the tip bro

Calvin Coolidge is boss

Dj Ju Fro- Max cape since 3/23/13

Max cape re-achieved 10/3/13

2595 achieved 10/11/13