Client Token Failure?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tyrnok

Tyrnok

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

I remeber Jagex mentioning these popping up massively after Bot Nuke Day, still getting them about 3 times a day.. Is this still a Jagex/Runescape issue they've not fixed, or is this a Swiftkit issue?

#2 iHockey

iHockey

Canadian Bro

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

It's a runescape error. Happens every 6~ hours of not refreshing RS. Dunno why it happens but it does so.

-~- TKO Blitz Posted Image Ending Member -~- Fight Jesus of The 1 Percent -~-

Posted Image

-~- Ex The Titans Captain -~-

#3 Kettlechips4

Kettlechips4

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

Happens to me aswell, not sure if it happens when using other clients since I use swiftkit.
Think its meant to stop bots or something (Obviously doesn't work too well :# )

#4 Gambit

Gambit

FoxHound

• RS Name:Gambit
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostKettlechips4, on 16 April 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

Happens to me aswell, not sure if it happens when using other clients since I use swiftkit.
Think its meant to stop bots or something (Obviously doesn't work too well :# )
This. I think it's to make sure the botter must reload the client, and I think they'll start to notice a pattern. Not quite sure, because imo Jagex's attempt to ruin Botters always feels like a marketing ploy rather then reality now.

Posted Image

#5 Simmo

Simmo

Head of SwiftKit Support Services

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

moved to computing technology, not a swiftkit matter

Edited by Simmo, 16 April 2012 - 02:37 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Kaur

Kaur

• RS Status:Member
  • Clan:RSD
  • Team:Team NH

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

Every time you load RuneScape, you use a slightly modified client and this is why you need client tokens. The client tokens are made so they time out and can't be reused. Why? Every time the RS client updates(new token), you are forced to update your botting client as the data the server sends you is scrambled in a different way so a bot is unable to read it. Well, that was how it was supposed to work until the bots beat the system. Why it's not removed? The old bots may have beaten it but it is still a huge barrier on the way of developing new bots from scratch.
Posted Image
Coming soon from Jagex Software! Runescape, our massive multiplayer adventure. Trade and communicate with other players. Learn skills to earn money, or if you're brave attempt to find riches in the dungeons. Your charactor will continue to evolve and improve the more you play, with quests to complete for extra rewards. Choose good or evil the choice is entirely yours!

#7 Grim lReaper

Grim lReaper

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

Just refresh your browser. It happens to a lot of 'Scapers.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Dervyy

Dervyy

Chihuahua Squad Captain

• RS Status:Retired
  • Team:Dont Panic

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

In fact, the client tokens are one of the most effective deterrents against botting we have at the moment
~ A Post from Mod Chris E in the QA RSO Forums. It's to combat bots. After 6 hours, some bots log out and their client breaks. Only way around is to refresh the client and A LOT of bots can't do this... yet.

Edited by Dervyy, 19 April 2012 - 12:23 AM.

Posted Image

Proud to of been an Ancient Fury | Intro | Future Applicant | Member | Member of the Month | Senior Member | Retired

#9 Tok3d

Tok3d

Yeah..

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:56 AM

I have no problem with clicking refresh when it happens, it doesn't log me out but if i was to go to Citadel it would, but meh just refresh, no biggie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: