True Npc List

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GielinorMage

GielinorMage

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

Here is what I would like to do, I would like to create a true NPC list and separate it from the monsters with coordinates so in order to do this we need to make a list.  Hopefully after we start to get a good list going Zybez will create a list on their RS Game site.  So help me with this.  Following these examples post below your screenshots of NPC's

- Whats a NPC?

An NPC is a character that is not a player (Non Playing Character) and is not a boss or monster.

- Why is this helpful?

This list would be helpful for Clue Scrolls (Talk to ....... ) and for Quest to be used along side the Zybez Quest Guides.  (Go speak to "NPC Name" and ask them about ......)

- How do I get the coordinates?

With the integration of a toolbelt you will only need to have the Sextant in your inventory to do this if your toolbelt is full with the rest of the parts needed.  Simply stand as near to the NPC as you can and put the sun in the middle of the sextant and you will get the coordinates.

- Eventually Zybez will be able to create a alphabetical list on their game site.  Please contribute like I have done below:  (Dont worry about the text inside the box as this can be edited out later.

- Sometimes the location of an NPC will change after a quest so I have denoted a way to get around this:

Name *  = Before a quest
Name ** = After a quest

So for starters here we go: (I will add to this list as I can and will add anyone else's contribution to this list)

==================================================================================================================================================

Freygerd *

20 D / 00 N

01 D / 30 W

Sylas *

06 D / 48 N

14 D / 45 E

Rupert the Beard *

09 D / 28 N

16 D / 30 E

Miazrqa *

09 D / 46 N

16 D / 30 E

Edited by GielinorMage, 11 April 2012 - 11:36 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Matchu

Matchu

Youngest of the Old

• RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

If you wanted to do something like this, start it alphabetically (you'll thank yourself at NPC #1000) and make liberal use of the spoiler tags. Also, keep the space between entries as low as possible. People will use CTRL+F anyway, so you may as well not stretch the page hideously.

Matchu

Posted Image
Original RSC Member Number: 1191.
Official Zybez Chat: ZChat - details here.
I looked at what he built, and to me it explained the stars.

#3 GielinorMage

GielinorMage

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

Images for NPC's

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

View PostMatchu, on 11 April 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

If you wanted to do something like this, start it alphabetically (you'll thank yourself at NPC #1000) and make liberal use of the spoiler tags. Also, keep the space between entries as low as possible. People will use CTRL+F anyway, so you may as well not stretch the page hideously.

Matchu

I was hoping if people contribute to this then Zybez would make a list on their game site which would be sortable (alphabetically and possibly otherways)  My goal is to get the list and NPC images available to Zybez and they can do with them as they see fit.

Also the text inside the box ex. "Adventurer. Thank Saradomin you've come." would be cut and replaced with the coordinates.  I will put an example below.  Thanks!

Posted Image

This is the NPC way they have it now, so if they were to take that same layout and put a coordinates section below "Race" and above HTML/BBC Link that would work also.  Something like:

Posted Image

but with the new head images like the images above.

When someone clicks on either of the HERE links in the coordinates they will get something like this:

Posted Image

Edited by GielinorMage, 12 April 2012 - 12:04 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Josh Hogg

Josh Hogg

Debenkey

• RS Name:Josh Hogg
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

I haven't forgot about this since you pm'd me the other day. I was hoping to catch another manager on IRC for long enough, but with timezones it hasn't happened yet, but I will create a private topic for us to discuss this and how we will implement it (I'm doing it as soon as I hit Post).

As I said in the PM, we have for a while wanted to include more information about NPC's locations.

There won't be any need to gather images, unless we have some non-HD images hiding somewhere. As you can see in the examples, Freygerd looks the exact same.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Damage Inc.
August '09 MotM

Rejuvenation
June '10 MotM

#5 GielinorMage

GielinorMage

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

Yeah I think we could use the regular def. images for now but in all honesty since the move to HD alot of characters have been reworked visually so a move to HD should be considered imo.

I was in no way trying to rush your decision but I did hope to gather as many images and such as I could possibly from others so that when you decided on the plan of action it was less work that needed to be done.

I have many other images to donate as well :)  Looking forward to helping with this en devour.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: