Is This What Runescape Has Fallen To?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Badboy 236

Badboy 236
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Shadow Elves

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

I've got a little faith back in Jagex regarding bots.

Sure they're disappointing me every other days (SoF for exemple), but their bot-nuke did help a lot for 5-6 months. Bots weren't totally gone but serverals place weren't half as packed as they used to be (common slayer places, yew/magic trees, living rock cavern, etc..), hell even this hunter place was rather quiet for months. I'm sure they'll give a big push again soon enough to give it another 5-6 months.

Beside, if you're looking after making money while getting Hunter up, you could switch to hunting Grenwalls. You'll need the summoning level to summon a fruit bat (and cast fruitfall), and you'll also need 77 Hunter. It's been really quite there (rarely anyone anymore) and you can make a good 1.2-1.5m per hour.

Posted Image

#22 jotola

jotola

• RS Name:jotola
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:49 AM

Yeah it has become ridicolous at red chins.. I'm glad i started working on hunter right after the nuke. But jagex is working on the nuke 2 so there is some hope.

About red chin hunting, try placing a trap under the bots first trap in the line. I don't know if it works still but after a while as you keep placing the traps they start loosing traps and will leave. It worked a while ago. Hope it still works.

#23 Powerbee

Powerbee

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

Legit players should find a way to profit from these bots.

Example: I often go green dragons in wildy (always packed with bots). Teleblock & kill them. Fastest inventory of dragon bones ever!

+ I think jagex has a better idea on how to fight these bots now. I have faith in their know-how.

Edited by Powerbee, 08 April 2012 - 04:53 AM.

#24 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

just saying you can fxck with the hunter bots by planting your traps in the spots that bot is planting traps on just before they plant it, they can lose traps sometimes if you do it correctly & they'll end up going to lobby then coming back.

-Sprinted; 99 Slayer; 17th July 2012; 130 Combat; Only other 99 being craft

#25 Vardarac

Vardarac

Game Grump

• RS Status:Free

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

You guys DO know that one of the major anti-bot measures was recently removed from the game because it caused performance issues, right?

Edited by Vardarac, 13 June 2012 - 07:57 AM.

#26 ʸᵃʸ

ʸᵃʸ

konnekting rod

• RS Name:Garalon

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostVardarac, on 13 June 2012 - 07:08 AM, said:

You guys DO know that one of the major anti-bot measures was recently removed from the game because it caused performance issues, right?

No, it hasn't.

But you guys DO know that bots will constantly be racing to be one step ahead of Jagex, right?

Since Jagex hasn't made any huge anti-bot measures recently, people have had time to code bots that will work under the new system. This will always happen. Until Jagex starts figuring out how to make an anti-bot update every single day or something crazy like that, bots will continue to exist. The people who code bots aren't going to go "Oh, Jagex is fighting back against us. I'm going to stop programming bots then." If that were their thought process, they'd stop as soon as the first botter got banned. They realize Jagex won't stop trying to stop them- so they won't stop trying to become unstoppable.

It's pretty simple, really. There will always be bots around.

#27 Leah Skillz

Leah Skillz

• RS Name:Leah Skillz

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

i hate bots i cant forgot when my friend and me was and fishing lobster 4k per lob...now there like 200gp.. :(

miss you old rs!
____________________________________________Posted Image___________________________________________________

#28 Dannnyy

Dannnyy

Blackpool FC

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

As said above use the return of bots to your advantage until they are gone.
Quite a bit of money & fun to be made from them.
I don't understand the doom & gloom posts such as "The game dead."
With Optimus coming in the near future, new combat system later in the year & a new skill toward the end of 2013 the game is far from dead.

Edited by Dannnyy, 13 June 2012 - 08:51 AM.

Posted Image
                War Is Coming - Transformer Universe
                                The New Browser Based MMO From Jagex

#29 LStruelegend

LStruelegend

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

":I feel bad for all those people who buy p2p and have to deal with this.
Looks like Rs is coming to an end guys.   "

lol.. shame

#30 The Rune Unit

The Rune Unit

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Jagex is a sellout. Most people either scam or buy gold..

Posted Image [X]

Posted Image [X]

Posted Image [X]

#31 Stalenstruck

Stalenstruck

King of Iceland

• RS Name:Stalenstruck

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

I wouldn't go as far as to say that Runescape is dead. Jagex just needs to get their act together and fix the problem. I suggest a fix: Runescape runs off of Javascript, correct? Well so do the bot scripts. Jagex just needs to move their platform off of Javascript, and not allow background programs to coincide with it's script. If they can actually fix the problem, the game would be golden.

#32 Dedelus

Dedelus

• RS Name:Dedelus

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

If you enjoy hunting chins for fun then you have something wrong with you. Lol. There are better sources of $/exp to level the skill if that's what you're after also.

As for bots, I am sure this combat re-work will make it much more difficult on them, if not do away with them completely for a long while. Although, I probably won't stick around much longer afterwards anyways.

Edited by Dedelus, 13 June 2012 - 01:49 PM.

Posted Image

Deathrow Member - 2003-2007

Violent Resolution Member - March 2008 - August 2012

#33 Airavine

Airavine

• RS Name:Airavine

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:25 AM

Personally I think that Jagex has been dealing with the bots,I think they're working on the next bot nuke which hopefully will happen soon
Posted Image

#34 Dundaine

Dundaine

Blinding Sunlight

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

View PostDannnyy, on 13 June 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

I don't understand the doom & gloom posts such as "The game dead." With Optimus coming in the near future, new combat system later in the year & a new skill toward the end of 2013 the game is far from dead.
Exactly, people who play the game know that it's not dying; people who stopped playing feel the need to say it's dying because it's not what it once was, it's no longer their game

Former Leader of TRWF
Posted Image

JvK

Award #1 Award #2 Award #3 Award #4

#35 Scoobyninja

Scoobyninja

@go_wright

• RS Name:Scoobyninja

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

It was only a matter of time before the botters would find a way back into RuneScape after the nuke. I'm sure Jagex is working to fix it as much as they can. Remember though, Jagex is controlled by a group of investors who are likely in it for the money, aka membership, so if the bots purchase membership I'd expect to see them around until the investors realize that they are truly hurting the game and causing other people who pay and actually play to leave. I truly hope that Jagex isn't siding with the Investors and that they'll go to them and explain what is happening before there is no longer a point of fixing it. I don't think RuneScape is a dying game, yet, so it shouldn't be treated like one.

Posted Image

#36 Galaxy_Sabre

Galaxy_Sabre

Always here to help you

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

I remember when bots first came around, we'd poke fun at them and make fun of them as players, knowing that it was just funny that people would bot RS because we as players thought the game was more enjoyable than anything. Now you see bots and you just get angry that someone even does that. But hey, times are changing.

Galaxy-Sabre [Proud Former Player Moderator]

Posted Image

#37 Money

Money

420blazeit

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

View PostJessy Uppal, on 06 April 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Hopefully bot nuke 2 gets rid of the 2% that has now become the new 100%

View PostZephyr Zephyr, on 07 April 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

People are just mas producing bots at the moment while they can.  They know bot nuke 2 is coming, and want to get as much gp as they can, while they can.

has jagex given any specific time when bot nuke 2 will happen? might stock up on raw materials :L

#38 Dannnyy

Dannnyy

Blackpool FC

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:59 AM

View PostBionic, on 25 June 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

has jagex given any specific time when bot nuke 2 will happen? might stock up on raw materials :L
Optimus was actually released on May 3rd.

“ Hi Everyone,
Today's release has seen the introduction of the Optimus platform in place of many older build systems. As you've seen, this means that the recent performance issues have be resolved for almost all players, although there are still some engine updates being worked on to improve performance even further in various areas.
Optimus is not a change to the game engine itself, but a library that allows us to develop fixes to these sorts of issues very quickly. While today's update has already acted as another nuke to bots, it was targeted towards performance improvements and so is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to bot prevention. Optimus will allow us to introduce various anti-bot measures seamlessly, regularly, and without reducing performance heavily. We also have another huge update in development along side all of this to break bots of every kind (not just 'inflection' bots). There's a lot coming in the near future; watch this space! ”

— Mod Jacmob   

The next bot nuke is Bot Nuke 2.0. Which is planned for release this month or early next month.

Edited by Dannnyy, 25 June 2012 - 07:02 AM.

Posted Image
                War Is Coming - Transformer Universe
                                The New Browser Based MMO From Jagex

#39 Money

Money

420blazeit

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

Wow this is great then. I was planning getting a rapier+85 dung soon and now frosts will go back up

wait so does this mean that the first bot nuke didn't actually do anything

-_________________- i was stuck with lag for 6 months after the clusterfluterrer came out. constant 3-5 fps.

Edited by Bionic, 25 June 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#40 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

Lead the charge

• RS Name:Killerred005

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

It was only a matter of time before they figured out ways to counteract the anti-botting measures put in place. No one should expect that one update would fix things permanently. It's a constant battle between the developers of Jagex and the developers of the bot software. Once bots find a way to get around an update, Jagex patch it up or find a way to counteract it.

Posted Image
Global Moderator | Recruiting Leader | AoTM Staff | General Discussion Staff

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: