Squeal Of Fortune - Extra Spins

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
218 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate this update (218 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate this Update

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Matchu

Matchu

Youngest of the Old

• RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

There are new ways to earn additional, free spins through playing RuneScape:
  • Squeal of Fortune prizes: Tickets for two extra spins can be won as prizes on the Squeal of Fortune itself.
  • Monster drops: Most monsters around the world now have a rare chance of dropping a spin ticket (a single-use item that adds an extra spin to your allowance), with the exception of creatures in minigames and Dungeoneering.
  • Non-combat skilling activities: Any activity that can score you a Shattered Heart strange rock also has a separate, rare chance to earn an extra Squeal spin – added right on to your current spin count.
  • Weekly Distractions & Diversions: Each week, one of four D&Ds will give a guaranteed spin for completing a particular action within the D&D. Regular details of which D&D will earn you a weekly spin can be found on the Squeal ofFortune reward screen. The four D&Ds, and the required actions within them, are as follows:
    • Circus: Complete any one of the four performances: Magic, Ranged, Agility or Firemaking.
    • Penguin Hide and Seek: Exchange penguin points for coins or XP by speaking to Larry or Chuck.
    • Evil Tree: Attack the evil tree.
    • Shooting Star: Mine any star, and receive XP from doing so.
  • The Monthly D&D – Troll Invasion: Starting your first Troll Invasion attempt of the month, either as a combatant or a skiller, will earn you an extra Squeal spin.
Being a RuneScape subscriber is another great way to get more chances to win. Members get 2 free daily spins rather than just 1, and have exclusive access to the D&Ds listed above. Also, members have access to 182 great quests!

If you require more spins, or simply prefer to save some time, you can purchase various spin packages. to do this, simply click the "buy spins" button within the Squeal of Fortune interface.

Finally, soon you will also be able to earn free Squeal spins as rewards for completing any quests. The team are working hard on this feature, and we expect to be able to provide it to you before the end of April.

When you spin the Squeal of Fortune, your free, daily spins will be used first, following by the spins you earned through RuneScape gameplay. Finally, any purchased spins will always be used last. Here's an insider's tip - if you want to spin faster, just double-click the big, red button to stop the wheel early!

The RuneScape Team

In Other News
  • It’s no longer necessary to log out and back in to access the Squeal of Fortune interface once it’s closed. You’ll find a Squeal of Fortune button in the bottom-right corner of the game screen.

Posted Image
Original RSC Member Number: 1191.
Official Zybez Chat: ZChat - details here.
Love is not a victory march.

#2 gunnar schramm

gunnar schramm

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

remove the goshdarn xp lamps.
To reiterate:
10/10 BTS, too bad all skills are 800k an hr now.

2496 total | 3 Billion EXP | 200m slayer | 200m dunge | 200m hits | 200m atk | 200m def | 200m str | 200m ranged | 200m cook | 200m fletch | 200m summ | 200m herb

Goal all 200ms (by 2017)
Posted Image

Please follow me on twitter (@dragonseance) and subscribe on youtube (dragonseance)!

#3 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:07 AM

Wow they're way too obsessed with this. Maybe concentrate on bringing out stuff we'll actually find super cool like the Eastern Lands? :huh:

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#4 eval slayer

eval slayer

Forever working on the 99's

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

Jagex has now crossed the line into RWT for XP and GP.  There is no other way to look at it.  No polite way to say it.  They just legalized and made the illegal RWT look more legit. Big mistake.
Member of the mature slayer/skilling/bossing clan Heart Of The Warrior

Former Co-Leader,  former Jr Clan Leader and former member of Deathrow Clan.

Winners of the Runescape Community 15 vs 15 levels 95 - 105 Tournament 12/04/05

Deathrow Closed on October 13, 2007 after over three wonderful years in Runescape.

#5 Josh Hogg

Josh Hogg

Debenkey

• RS Name:Josh Hogg
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

Well done Jagex.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2gwe1pj.png

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Damage Inc.
August '09 MotM

Rejuvenation
June '10 MotM

#6 ~ Darky ~

~ Darky ~

• RS Name:XsDarknesssX

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:15 AM

I dont like the idea of buying spins, the rarity of a decent thing is so low that its just a way to take your money imo, plus now they are encoraging rwt and gambling after all the fighting they did to get rid of stuff like dicing.  Like the idea of other ways to get spins though, hope that means more free exp lamps

Edited by ~ Darky ~, 02 April 2012 - 04:16 AM.

Completionist Cape Owner

#7 Kettlechips4

Kettlechips4

• RS Name:hoohaa
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:uokm8
  • Team:GG

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:17 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

#8 Goz

Goz

I Got It

• RS Name:Goz
  • Clan:VR
  • Team:Goz Gang

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:18 AM

So we can pay IRL $$ for our 99s now ?
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeems legit....

[Violent Resolution] http://www.vr-rs.com/forums/

Posted Image

Posted Image

League of Legends NA @ WSTN

Spoiler

#9 fant4zy

fant4zy

Everything I need and nothing I don't

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

Jagex have sunk to a new low.. how desperate are they for money?

Never buying P2P again.

#10 eval slayer

eval slayer

Forever working on the 99's

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

Two people on RSOF posted 150 spins test.  One got 400k of xp and the other 300k of xp.  The gp was about 200k for each. Estimating that takes five minutes to spin, this is 1,500000 xp and 2,400000 gp per hour for $480 USD.

Edited by eval slayer, 02 April 2012 - 04:32 AM.

Member of the mature slayer/skilling/bossing clan Heart Of The Warrior

Former Co-Leader,  former Jr Clan Leader and former member of Deathrow Clan.

Winners of the Runescape Community 15 vs 15 levels 95 - 105 Tournament 12/04/05

Deathrow Closed on October 13, 2007 after over three wonderful years in Runescape.

#11 Dint

Dint
  • RS Name:Dint

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

"Just say neigh to gambling"?

OK Jagex.

Edited by Dint, 02 April 2012 - 07:48 AM.

Posted Image

W116
Lurkin' RSC since '05

#12 Vinny`

Vinny`

Keep it simple .

• RS Name:Vinnn

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

you won't get anything good from the squeel so why would you buy spins

Sleeping is for dreamers

#13 Robinhoodrs

Robinhoodrs

Bomb Squad Unit

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

View PostVinny`, on 02 April 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

They know little kids will beg their parents for money to buy the spins, its a scam overall to be honest and people will fall for it, I will go as far as people spending over $200 on this trash.

Posted Image

| Singles PKing Team | www.dontpanicrs.com | #DontPanic |

#14 Cynicism

Cynicism

Biggest cynic in the clan world.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

Jagex selling spins while simultaneously telling people that RWT is bad is going to bring bad rep to the game.

Posted Image

#15 gunnar schramm

gunnar schramm

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:44 AM

View PostRobinhoodrs, on 02 April 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

View PostVinny`, on 02 April 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

They know little kids will beg their parents for money to buy the spins, its a scam overall to be honest and people will fall for it, I will go as far as people spending over $200 on this trash.
For competitive players it is the xp that matters, this makes all skills 800k an hr.........

2496 total | 3 Billion EXP | 200m slayer | 200m dunge | 200m hits | 200m atk | 200m def | 200m str | 200m ranged | 200m cook | 200m fletch | 200m summ | 200m herb

Goal all 200ms (by 2017)
Posted Image

Please follow me on twitter (@dragonseance) and subscribe on youtube (dragonseance)!

#16 Goz

Goz

I Got It

• RS Name:Goz
  • Clan:VR
  • Team:Goz Gang

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:46 AM

RSOF are going crazy atm. Jagex needs to address this problem asap

This is from the RSOF Squeel of Fortune topic:

Summary of feedback on this thread: (Up to page 19)

Positive comments: 1
Undecided comments: 13
Negative comments: 177

[Violent Resolution] http://www.vr-rs.com/forums/

Posted Image

Posted Image

League of Legends NA @ WSTN

Spoiler

#17 buumi

buumi

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

lmfao...atleast fix the fps before trying to take more money of us. cowboy antics at their best

Edited by HashCakes, 02 April 2012 - 04:53 AM.

#18 Sector Six

Sector Six
  • RS Name:Sector Six

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

Ironic that they take away dice game and all kinds of gambling in the actual game yet release somewhat in a sense there own type of gambling themselves. As with any sort of gambling; lets face it, it's more or less a game of roulette just with items right? The house makes the most money, in this case it's purely profit for them given that the items you win will always stay in the game.

Seems they are getting money hungry adding all these new kind of features where the trade of real life currency can buy in game perks. This isn't all to extreme as it isn't as if the items you can win are entirely exclusive and give people the edge however if they begin making items that can only be bought via real life currency & cannot be traded around in game, that's when the real problem will begin.

Edited by Sector Six, 02 April 2012 - 04:58 AM.

Global Moderator
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
AOTM/ASC Leader x Achievements Co-Leader x Multimedia & Design Co-Leader
If you have any price guide or board related issues or questions; feel free to PM me.
Are you interested in graphics and/or digital media? Check out my gallery here.
Posted Image

#19 Jimmy McNulty

Jimmy McNulty

I caught him, Bunk. On the wire. I caught him.

• RS Name:JimmyMcNulty

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

I am honestly speechless. When I first saw "Buy SoF spins" I thought maybe it would be with RSGP, and it might have been a different wheel without xp lamps or something. Which would have been alright, it would have taken GP out of the game.

But real life money for xp and the other SoF rewards? Really, Jagex?

I've been habitually rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

I see the rain does not respect state lines, why should you?

Posted Image

#20 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

Lead the charge

• RS Name:King Bradley

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

I can't say I didn't expect this to happen. Not only are they focusing on completely useless bonus content, but they are using this bonus content to encourage legal RWT. They claimed things such as game card rewards and loyalty rewards are pretty much useless and 'vanity' awards, but the Squeal of Fortune is tiptoeing the line between useless and legal RWT. This is pretty much dicing using real life money.
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

- Sun Tzu (Art of War)

Recruiting Board Leader // Clan Discussion Staff // General Discussion Staff // Contact me with any questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: