- - - - -

"afk" Livid Farm

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 BadassSan

BadassSan

• RS Status:Free

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:06 AM

Livid farm for most people is an extreme grind, but here's how to ease your pain.

We start off with the bad news

First off: We're gonna ignore fences, because they're not afk.

The produce points earned in a full cycle of 5 rounds is therefore:
Cure plant: 20 points x 3 casts per round x 5 rounds per cycle = 300 points
Bundle Livids: 120 points x 2 casts per round x 2 rounds per cycle = 480 points (240 points if less than 80 Magic)
Fertile Soil: 20 points x 3 casts per round x 5 rounds per cycle = 300 points (150 points if less than 83 Magic)
Fence repair: 20 points x 2 casts per round x 5 rounds per cycle = 200 points (100 points if less than 86 Magic)
Energise Pauline: 100 points x 1 cast per round x 3 rounds per cycle = 300 points (150 points if less than 91 Magic)

The maximum points per cycle a player can earn is, therefore, 1,580 points. At 12 5-minute cycles per hour, the maximum rate a player can earn points is 18,960 points per hour.

Without fences, it's 1380 points per 5 minutes, which results in 16560 points/hr.

For those who are going for completionists', this means it takes 51.3 hours for 850k points. This means an extra 7.1 hours.

HOWEVER

Considering that this is going to be much much more afk than normal Livid, you will realize that your tolerance level is much higher.

So now we get to the good part.

Posted Image

In this screenshot, you notice that I have both the farm and Pauline in clickable view. Standing in this square or any square near it will achieve this.

This means that you can "afk" livid by not needing to move your camera around. Notice that my screen is half of 1920x1080, which lets me go on any web browser on the other side of the screen.

Each cycle will take about 20 seconds or so to clear, giving you relatively a lot of time to do whatever you like. (In comparison to other afk skills like cook and fletch, this is roughly about the same afk leeway those skills give)

Every cycle, after you clear the farm, Pauline will sometimes NOT require energizing. This is your cue to go string the pile at the wagon.

After a while, you'll start to recognise the patterns and you'll know when the string pile is ready by looking at the farm patch pattern.
Posted Image
This screenshot (sent by Jay) is helpful for those who are new and have not really memorised the farming pattern.

So I bid you good luck on livid and don't lose hope.

http://img62.imagesh...20321170414.png

Edited by BadassSan, 21 March 2012 - 05:54 PM.

Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was inappropriate (obscene, flaming, or bad language). To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.
Thanks,
cestal

#2 *Tom*

*Tom*

Expect to win.

• RS Name:BornSkulled
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

Hmm, definitely something I will keep in mind if/when I ever decide to finish this!

Nice tip! I always thought you had to do all parts.

Tooheyy @SwiftIRC

Posted Image

>> Zybez Content Team << - >>Zchat Moderator<< - >> Zybez20 Team <<

Posted Image

#3 zoth01

zoth01

• RS Name:crovaxx07
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:03 AM

I'd rather move camera around a bit and save 7 hours to be fair :-/

edit several months later: I totally disagree with the opinion expressed in the line above! This tip is great :P

Edited by zoth01, 19 September 2012 - 02:35 PM.

I am everything I want to be, I am a Lucid Dreamer.

#4 meow mix88

meow mix88

• RS Name:meow mix88
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:42 AM

I unlocked 9 spells that way, it's worth the extra time.

View PostMib 17, on 25 September 2010 - 05:28 PM, said:

Shoutout to Meow Mix 88 for some serious camping ^_^.

View PostVoluminius, on 05 April 2011 - 06:39 PM, said:

Also would be nice if [Meow Mix88] would stop camping people[Binders]

#5 Goz

Goz

I Got It

• RS Name:Goz
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:VR
  • Team:Goz Gang

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:52 AM

Just finished all livid farm spells today. I only ever do fences if I have to bunch the flowers.
very easy playing in full screen and only using my mouse.

[Violent Resolution] http://www.vr-rs.com/forums/

Posted Image

Posted Image

League of Legends NA @ WSTN

Spoiler

#6 Gladz

Gladz

hypnotizing

• RS Name:Gladz
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

Discussed this method with some friends when I was going for competionist - calc'd it out and didn't wanna spend the extra time there ha. For me, after I learned each plant from the angle I was using, I was able to just watch a movie or whatever and barely look at 'Scape. If you do want to skip fencing, it gives you just enough time to fletch two sets of arrows/bolts.

Spoiler

Nice tip nonetheless.

RS HistoryRetired Global Moderator Message Me

I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

#7 brian01001

brian01001

Impossible is Nothing

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

Really nice tip you thought of here! I am definitely going to try this when I go to unlock all the spells on the account I am playing on now. Thanks allot for posting this :thumbsup:
Hate it Posted Image or love it Posted Image, I'm still #1.
Posted Image

Posted Image lmfao XD

We make our own monsters and they come back to haunt us.

《〠_〠》......here lies some suspicious link that you know deep down you want to click on.......

#8 Jay

Jay

{◕ ◡ ◕}

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

Nice tip, you could also include this picture for people that want to memorize the types of livid strain in each spot.

Posted Image

"Your tenacity is admirable, but pointless."

Posted Image

♥ Community Leader of Guides & Tips - Pm me with all issues

#9 blmred

blmred

• RS Name:blmred
  • Clan:zybeznet

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

good tip. what i do is just the plants when im laggy or just not feeling like alot of work then when im fine and want to i will do the fences as well.

#10 ruts etnies

ruts etnies

playing since '03

• RS Name:Ruts
  • Clan:/

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

Nice tip! I will use it for sure, I like to watch a serie and play runescape afk

#11 Mikuri

Mikuri

♥ Flowing love ~

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

Will come handy for comp cape when I'll need livid, thanks :)
Posted Image

#12 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Finally got around to doing this. Great tip! I hate doing the fence and the thought of moving around that much just made me want to cringe...

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#13 Lemon bonbons

Lemon bonbons

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

Anything that makes a horrid task much more relaxing is always welcome. I give you my +1. :-)

Posted Image  Posted Image

こんにちは皆さん、レモンボンボンです。日本語が好きだけど、下手です。それで終わります。よろしくお願いします。

#14 Jaddy

Jaddy

Agility freak

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:21 AM

those numbers should be common knowledge by anyone who done livid farm for more than one hour.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Maxed: 6th of August 2012
2496:19th of October 2012
Completionist: 30th of October 2012
2595: 25th of September 2013

#15 Maggie

Maggie

>:(

• RS Name:Maori
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Clan:Of The Gods

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

i wish i had seen this before i did livid farm :(

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 BadassSan

BadassSan

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

good to see that this post is alive and well!
Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was inappropriate (obscene, flaming, or bad language). To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.
Thanks,
cestal

#17 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostBadassSan, on 22 September 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

Yup. Besides some XP/Hour when it comes to Farming, it looks like a solid tip. I have this right next to my RS client when I'm doing Livid Farm.

Also, how much Farming XP you get for unlocking all the spells would be helpful to for people that want to get into this compared to conventional Tree/Herb Farming.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#18 BadassSan

BadassSan

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostMilktea4me, on 22 September 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

View PostBadassSan, on 22 September 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

Yup. Besides some XP/Hour when it comes to Farming, it looks like a solid tip. I have this right next to my RS client when I'm doing Livid Farm.

Also, how much Farming XP you get for unlocking all the spells would be helpful to for people that want to get into this compared to conventional Tree/Herb Farming.

I can't remember the exact numbers, but it should be around 900k-1.5m farming xp for full spell unlocks. If anyone can give me exact numbers, I'll add on to the main post.

I don't play the game anymore to put effort into calculating anything. Maybe someone can take my post and redo it as a new thread to keep up with the times as the game evolves.
Thanks,
cestal

#19 Derp

Derp

hurr durr

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

Afk & livid farm are 2 phrases/words I love to see together.

Does this method change the cost at all? I wanna do livid farm but don't fully understand it.

-Sprinted; 99 Slayer; 17th July 2012; 130 Combat; Only other 99 being craft

#20 Qualify

Qualify

Qualification

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

I'm glad I saw this because I was thinking of doing Livid Farm soon to unlock all of the spells. Definitely worth the 7 hours extra time ;)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: