- - - - -

Concerning Lodestones.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Nommy

Nommy

The unseen donger

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

Right, many people have looked at this update not realising how useful it is.
Once activated, the lodestones make getting around on pures/low-level accounts INFINITELY easier.
They almost make teleporting in f2p altogether obsolete.

I'm racking my brain for more miscellanious uses of said lodestones, but my best so far are.

- The Ardougne lodestone teleport is like a noob's Ardy cape 4 - it places you closer to the farming patch than a teleport tablet.
Posted Image

- The Taverley lodestone deposits you riiiight next to the Taverley house portal and Rogue's den.
This means not only easy access to the Rogue's den but also the fastest access to a friend's gilded altar ingame.
Posted Image
Simply use the lodestone teleport, enter your friend's house, use the bones on the altar, bank at castle wars, and repeat. This is 'the' (yet to be confirmed) if not one of the fastest prayer methods if you don't have an altar of your own or have finished Love Story.

- The Falador lodestone is the fastest F2P access to the Gamer's Grotto (fist of Guthix, etc)
Posted Image

- The Al-Kharid lodestone is a great alternative to a ring of duelling for cactus spike runs.
Posted Image

- The Bandit Camp lodestone is PERFECT for not only easy access to training at bandits, but also incredibly fast access to Enahkra's quarry (for granite).
Posted Image

- Yanille remains a great place for using public altars.

Posted Image

Hope this helped some of you. Can you think of any other places to add?

Edited by Nommy, 16 March 2012 - 12:35 AM.

500k+/hr profit without requirements
Add me on League: "PlentyOfNoms" (NA)/"So Moist" (OCE)

#2 Lach

Lach

• RS Name:Lachry
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

Wow, didn't think of the lodestone for farming, definitely will save me from using like 100 fishing guild teleports a day.. Thanks nom!

Posted Image

#3 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

Was waiting for someone to make a tip about these. Nice job! You've been blowing away everybody with your tips. I look forward to future contributions!

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Nommy

Nommy

The unseen donger

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

View PostMilktea4me, on 16 March 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

Was waiting for someone to make a tip about these. Nice job! You've been blowing away everybody with your tips. I look forward to future contributions!
Soon the entire tips board shall be mine :#
And thanks. :XD:
500k+/hr profit without requirements
Add me on League: "PlentyOfNoms" (NA)/"So Moist" (OCE)

#5 Skulduggery

Skulduggery

• RS Name:5kulduggery

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

Also the catherby lodestone is by far the best teleport to the fruit tree there, I have found it to beat the camelot teleport and taking a boat there by a long way.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Doi

Doi

• RS Name:Doi
  • Clan:Fatality

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

I find it a bit unfair because It used to be a pain the butt for me to get around, now the next gen can just click home tele to any place.

#7 Scott

Scott

kill the switch

• RS Name:Surette

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

View PostDoi, on 16 March 2012 - 01:59 AM, said:

I find it a bit unfair because It used to be a pain the butt for me to get around, now the next gen can just click home tele to any place.
Players have been saying literally the same exact thing for years.  Just because things were more annoying years ago doesn't mean they should stay that way.  If we have the ability to make things more convenient, why would we not do so?  Imagine if we applied this logic to real life: "it used to be a pain in the butt to get around, now everyone has cars!"  No one says that, because people appreciate the convenience that technology brings.

Anyway, nice tip Nom.  These lodestones are pretty helpful.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Mirarik

Mirarik

• RS Name:Mirarik K

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

Port sarim lodestone = invent free teleport to frost dragons and skele wyverns. Faster than, or equal to the house teleport to rimmington methinks.

Edited by Mirarik, 16 March 2012 - 07:24 AM.

#9 Ramu

Ramu

Andy is a fishy pumpkin

• RS Name:Ramu

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

View PostMirarik, on 16 March 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

Port sarim lodestone = invent free teleport to frost dragons and skele wyverns. Faster than, or equal to the house teleport to rimmington methinks.
Also great for when you need to charter a ship or get to pest control.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#10 brian01001

brian01001

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

Yeah, so far I have been loving these lodestone teleports. When doing things such as farming they make it so much easier, as I don't have to waste inventory spaces anymore to carry teletabs. One of my favorite updates so far to the game. :thumbsup:

Wait a second though..you mean to say these are available to people in free to play as well? If so that's amazing!
Hate it Posted Image or love it Posted Image, I'm still #1.
Posted Image

Posted Image lmfao XD

We make our own monsters and they come back to haunt us.

《〠_〠》......here lies some suspicious link that you know deep down you want to click on.......

#11 zoth01

zoth01

• RS Name:crovaxx07
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

Port sarim one is the fastest way to reach pest control, way more useful than familiars imo. Might want to add that one ;)
It's also useful for frost dragons since you don't waste inventory slots with the teleport. Not to mention it's also good for skeletal wyvern tasks ;)

edit: noticed everything I said was said above :x

Edited by zoth01, 16 March 2012 - 09:58 AM.

I am everything I want to be, I am a Lucid Dreamer.

#12 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostNommy, on 16 March 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

Soon the entire tips board shall be mine :#
And thanks. :XD:
Not if I take it first! Haven't been making tips for a while, but you've inspired me to make some of my own. Granted, it's going to be towards high level players, heh.

Posted Image

#13 Kaur

Kaur

• Clan:RSD
  • Team:Team NH

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

Bandit camp tele for switching to ancient magics.
I personally find it pain to use the scepters and it's definitely closer than the slayer ring.
Posted Image
Coming soon from Jagex Software! Runescape, our massive multiplayer adventure. Trade and communicate with other players. Learn skills to earn money, or if you're brave attempt to find riches in the dungeons. Your charactor will continue to evolve and improve the more you play, with quests to complete for extra rewards. Choose good or evil the choice is entirely yours!

#14 Scott

Scott

kill the switch

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

View PostKaur, on 16 March 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

I personally find it pain to use the scepters and it's definitely closer than the slayer ring.
I think you missed the update; you can now teleport directly to Ancient Magicks using the home teleport.  Don't even need to use a lodestone.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Kaur

Kaur

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

View PostScott, on 16 March 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

I think you missed the update; you can now teleport directly to Ancient Magicks using the home teleport.  Don't even need to use a lodestone.
I think you missed the update; the "direct Ancient Magicks" teleport is called "Bandit camp" on the interface.
Posted Image
Coming soon from Jagex Software! Runescape, our massive multiplayer adventure. Trade and communicate with other players. Learn skills to earn money, or if you're brave attempt to find riches in the dungeons. Your charactor will continue to evolve and improve the more you play, with quests to complete for extra rewards. Choose good or evil the choice is entirely yours!

#16 dragginclaws

dragginclaws

• RS Name:dragginclaws
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostKaur, on 16 March 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

View PostScott, on 16 March 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

I think you missed the update; the "direct Ancient Magicks" teleport is called "Bandit camp" on the interface.
If they did that for Ancients, where is the lunar altar lodestone?

#17 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

View Postdragginclaws, on 16 March 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

Just use the Wicked Hood for instant Astral Alter teleport.

Posted Image

#18 Scott

Scott

kill the switch

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostKaur, on 16 March 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

I have no idea what it's called on the interface, I just read the update when it was posted and it said you can now teleport directly to the Ancient Magicks location using the home teleport.  Sorry, my mistake then.  :-P

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Kaur

Kaur

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

View Postdragginclaws, on 16 March 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

A bit west from the bank.
Posted Image

#20 CakesAreFries

CakesAreFries

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

Use the catherby lodestone for farming.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: