• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Buscape

Buscape

whoyoufinnatry

• RS Name:King Niisku
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

I don't even know what to ask or where to begin, I've never come across this problem, ever. My internet decided to start lagging about 3 days ago or so, I haven't made any changes, I haven't downloaded anything and uTorrent isn't even on 99% of the time, and the only other person who knows my WiFi password is a friend who lives 14miles away and my mom when she comes over with her laptop.

right now it's at 982ms and 2 minutes ago it was at 318. I did a virus scan, spyware scan, and even reset my router about 4 times along with the modem. Should I opt to buy a new router or...?

< -5 | 4 | +5 >

Posted Image

xex-senior member/ex-PK CL.

#2 Jack.

Jack.

合氣

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

It could one of view reasons, Maybe your Internet has become 'Capped' due to the amount of torrenting you may do. The other reason is you may have problems with your Router, Phone line or simply just bad weather or Geographical reasons.

I wouldn't buy a new router straight away, I would first ring your ISP and talk to them about your problem.

#3 Odinsson

Odinsson

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

There are a lot of reasons.  Check with ISP if there is a problem in your area before just buying new equipment.

#4 Buscape

Buscape

whoyoufinnatry

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Funny you say 'weather' out of nowhere, because out of the blue the weather here has gone from sunny to very high, chilly winds that knocked the power out twice, and that has never happened before. :suspect:

< -5 | 4 | +5 >

Posted Image

#5 brian01001

brian01001

Former Vent Mod RIP

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

Most likely you have reached your bandwidth limit and your ISP has started to throttle your connection (limit the speed). This will be reset when your bandwidth is reset at the end of your billing cycle in most cases. You could also try unplugging your modem/router for a little while (let say 20mins), and then plug it back in. If you find that you connection is fine at first after that but then becomes laggy, it's probably a problem with your modem/router overheating. If that is the case try clearing objects that are around your modem/router to give it some air, and if you are still experiencing problems contact the ISP to order a new one.
Hate it Posted Image or love it Posted Image, I'm still #1.
Posted Image

Posted Image lmfao XD

We make our own monsters and they come back to haunt us.

《〠_〠》......here lies some suspicious link that you know deep down you want to click on.......

#6 Buscape

Buscape

whoyoufinnatry

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

Now I have to figure out if it's the modem or router, but I would put my bet on the modem because it hasn't been changed in over 2 years and worksed just fine, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to upgrade both, a new router and modem at the same time can be more convenient than I can imagine right now.

< -5 | 4 | +5 >

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: