We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Back From A Break? Here's What You Missed... [Updated: 03/10/15]

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#21 Project

Project

• RS Name:Invalid Fold
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

Quite helpful this thread. :)

#22 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Just finished categorising everything based on x's month of release. I hope that makes for smoother and clearer browsing. Also added some stuff that was accidentally glossed over such as the arrival of Clan Citadels, and went into more depth in other areas eg. the importance of 'Branches of Darkmeyer'.

Edited by Murdoc, 09 March 2012 - 08:11 PM.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#23 overvoltage

overvoltage

Rawr

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:15 AM

View PostMilktea4me, on 05 March 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Looks nice. Glad to see someone stepped up for the new incoming people! I was going to make the tip about it, but I hope a Mod puts this as a sticky in the Questions board.
I made tons of detailed responses similar, although more exhaustive, than this in a lot of those threads

perhapts the effort was put in and it just wasn't noticed

also, still quite a few spelling mistakes (eg: "the newest God Wars Dungeon boos")
Comprehensive Guide to Waterfiends - Updated 1/20/12
Guide to Tormented Demons - Updated 1/20/12
Guide to Glacors - Updated 9/17/11

#24 Maggie

Maggie

>:(

• RS Name:Maori
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Clan:Of The Gods

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

thanks guess i didnt miss as much as i thought :)

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:07 AM

View Postovervoltage, on 10 March 2012 - 03:15 AM, said:

also, still quite a few spelling mistakes (eg: "the newest God Wars Dungeon boos")
Fixed. ^_^

Expanded on the TokKul-Zo, gave examples of some uses for Ganodermic armour, linked to the Achievment's SoF log, and dropped in a notice for BXW too.

Edited by Murdoc, 10 March 2012 - 06:21 AM.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#26 Tact

Tact

Master Magician

• RS Name:Tact
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Darken S0uls

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

You may want to move the BXPW note to a reoccurring updates section, because they've become fairly predictable. Other things that would fall in this category include Hati/Skoll and Runefest.
Posted Image

#27 Chan Says

Chan Says

ROTS ♥

• RS Name:xMajo
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hopefully will help my friends that quitted so long came back to RS after bh craters system was removed :-/.
Good mini guide nonetheless :thumbsup:

#28 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

View PostTact, on 14 March 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

You may want to move the BXPW note to a reoccurring updates section, because they've become fairly predictable. Other things that would fall in this category include Hati/Skoll and Runefest.
Thanks once again. :-)

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#29 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Can't ++ enough... This has been extremely helpful throughout the whole week. Nicely categorized and updated every month.

#30 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Tapped into the dark arts to hopefully make the thread a bit easier to browse through. Let me know if it hasn't really made much of a difference.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#31 Kirrahe

Kirrahe

• RS Name:Kirrahe
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

July 2009:
http://runescape.wik...bilising_Armies

That negates the statement that the Thzaar ring outclasses the warrior, seers, or archers' ring. Then the dragonstone (i), and onyx ring (i) outclass the "new" ring in the attack and defense attributes by +5/+6, respectively. I'd assume this is an important update seeing as its a hefty boost in PKing and a general requirement for PvMing these days.

#32 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

View PostKirrahe, on 21 April 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

July 2009:
http://runescape.wik...bilising_Armies

That negates the statement that the Thzaar ring outclasses the warrior, seers, or archers' ring. Then the dragonstone (i), and onyx ring (i) outclass the "new" ring in the attack and defense attributes by +5/+6, respectively. I'd assume this is an important update seeing as its a hefty boost in PKing and a general requirement for PvMing these days.
Lolwut how did I forget about MA altogether...? Personally I haven't heard of/seen anyone pushing other people to get certain imbued rings for activity x, considering how long it apparently takes to get the necessary reward credits in order to upgrade them(?), but that's an argument for a different day. :-P Plugged in the missing material and even included ToeJam's handy guide for making money off it!

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#33 Aeryolus

Aeryolus

• RS Name:Aeryolus
  • Clan:Solace

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

Most amazing thread evarrrrr.

#34 Getoffmyweed

Getoffmyweed

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

Wow, just got back from a 7 month break. Very helpful right on brother.

Edited by Getoffmyweed, 10 May 2012 - 02:40 PM.

Posted Image
Ex- Corruption
Ex- Mystic Knights
Ex- Devils
Ex- Dark Slayers
Ex- Gladiatorz
Ex- Chivalry Legions

#35 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

In case anyone's wondering, no I haven't forgotten about Runespan. I'm just waiting for Zybez's official guide to be released (which shouldn't be too soon now). Thanks for the nice comments as always though. :-D

Edited by Murdoc, 10 May 2012 - 09:13 PM.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#36 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 10 May 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

In case anyone's wondering, no I haven't forgotten about Runespan. I'm just waiting for Zybez's official guide to be released (which shouldn't be too soon now). Thanks for the nice comments as always though. :-D
You could always use Tact's tip on High Level Runespan. Basically covers most the training areas. If you know of anyone making the guide, I'll be more than happy to help them.

#37 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

View PostMilktea4me, on 10 May 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

You could always use Tact's tip on High Level Runespan. Basically covers most the training areas. If you know of anyone making the guide, I'll be more than happy to help them.
Uh-huh. I thought about that but then figured it'd just look better if there was an 'official' document of sorts to lead with. Oh well, it's been a while since the said piece of content came out - and waiting any longer certainly isn't going to help anyone at this stage considering all the questions cropping up about it recently... I'll add T's along with the threads made by Ffej, Brb, and Jay after my meeting with my seminar tutor. :-S

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#38 Emilyrox

Emilyrox

I'll be in my bunk.

• RS Name:Smithingrox
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Great thread. Really informative and because of my inconsistent playing over the last 2 years it cleared up a few things I wasn't sure about. Will definitely check back to see what recent quests to do forgood rewards.

Just noticed a couple errors:
- SOF resets at 12am GMT (midnight), not 12pm (midday).
- Impetuous Impulses was not introduced in 2010, only the "new" implings; zombie, spirit and kingly. All other kinds of implings are pre-2008. Used to catch dragon implings to fund Firemaking in late 2007.

I love it though. Will definitely look for it next time I return.

Posted Image

#39 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

View PostEmilyrox, on 17 May 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

- SOF resets at 12am GMT (midnight), not 12pm (midday).
Getting to 20 years of age and this still confuses me. Forget it, I'm just going to spell it out as midnight. :XD:

- Impetuous Impulses was not introduced in 2010, only the "new" implings; zombie, spirit and kingly. All other kinds of implings are pre-2008. Used to catch dragon implings to fund Firemaking in late 2007.
Ah of course, I completely misread the announcement.

I love it though. Will definitely look for it next time I return.
Your keen eye deserves many a +1. ^_^

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#40 Mind Freak

Mind Freak

• RS Name:blink_man182

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

This is very helpful, especially to a person returning to the community after going inactive for several years. Thanks!

Posted Image

[126 Combat][99Attack][94Strength][95 Defence][97Hits]

Natural Born Killer

Message me if you have any questions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: