Spin And Win On The Squeal Of Fortune!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
345 replies to this topic

Poll: Spin And Win On The Squeal Of Fortune! (158 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this update?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#341 Obelisk

Obelisk

Leader of Aether

• RS Name:Summoning
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Aether

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostBloodstain, on 07 March 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

View PostObelisk, on 07 March 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

*It is a form of gambling. The hidden cost is the extra membership people will pay (IRL money). How many more players will log in everyday now since that update? You'll be surprised.
*"below zero chance": Figurative way of speech obviously...

Membership isn't a cost of playing Squeal. You don't need membership to play and the benefits of members aren't gambling.

People will prolong their membership because they unconsciously feel there's something in the game now for them (FTP is worth less with just one chance, and the rewards are considerably worse).
So it's a cost, but a hidden one and most people don't see that one. Why else would Jagex add something like this? To make the game better... No. To keep players logging in for what they would see as something awesome. Other gaming companies just laugh when Jagex brings out content like this. RuneScape has lost the title of adventure game long ago already...

Edited by Obelisk, 07 March 2012 - 02:22 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#342 Bloodstain

Bloodstain

• RS Name:Bloodstain14
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostObelisk, on 07 March 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

People will prolong their membership because they unconsciously feel there's something in the game now for them (FTP is worth less with just one chance, and the rewards are considerably worse).

No, they won't. You're like 90% of the RS playerbase who over reacts to updates. This is not gambling.
Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me. Thanks, Aragon

#343 Obelisk

Obelisk

Leader of Aether

• RS Name:Summoning
  • Clan:Aether

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

It's so hidden you can't see it even when you explain it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#344 i-Korean

i-Korean

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

When the Squeal of Fortune came out I was trying to time the spin so it would land near the 'Rare' or 'Uncommon', but always ended up beside it. So basically I gave up and pressed the red button which lands me on lamps frequently which I don't mind. :-)

Posted Image

♥ Kim Yu-Na ♥

#345 Psycho^

Psycho^

Get Mad

• RS Name:Ǽ
  • Clan:Damage Inc!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

So has anyone won anything worth 15m+ yet? And is there a topic anywhere to log drops?

#346 dMc

dMc

• RS Name:Drewby

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostPsycho^, on 09 March 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

So has anyone won anything worth 15m+ yet? And is there a topic anywhere to log drops?
http://forums.zybez....eal-of-fortune/   Flip through the pages and there are a few nice peices in there

Edited by dMc, 09 March 2012 - 01:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: