29 replies to this topic

#1 Gambit

Gambit

FoxHound

• RS Name:Gambit
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

POPULAR

I don't know about you, but I have a bunch of overload (1,2,3 etc) flasks that I would like to be 6. I think we should have the option to decant flask to flask. Example: I use flask (3) on flask (3) and i receive one flask (6) and the other vanishes. Currently, you can't use a flask on another to decant it, this is currently bad because many have split doses of flasks and you can't decant them. Potions have this ability, so why not flasks? Considering flasks cost generally more RSGP then potions do. This would save many money as well, as flasks can be expensive if you're using several of them. But I figure this will help many, Cost and Use wise.

Tl;DR Flasks need to be able to Decant.

Edited by Gambit, 19 February 2012 - 11:38 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

I have closed this topic because your suggestion is not sufficiently detailed to warrant its own topic.

You could expand on your idea so that there is more for everybody to discuss and then repost it when it is at least five constructive sentences in length. Alternatively, you can repost it now as it currently stands in the Short Suggestions Sticky.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Has been made longer since it was reported. :-)

Edited by Murdoc, 19 February 2012 - 11:41 AM.

[Enter the August 2013 Suggestions Competition now!]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#3 Jim

Jim

I'm constant like the seasons. I will never be forgotten.

• RS Name:Jimdm3
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:ZybezNet

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

This would be amazing.  I'm unsure as to why JaGex didn't incorporate this already though.
For the time being you can make all of your 1, 2, and 3 dose flasks into 6 by having the vialed potions, partial flasks, and empty flasks in your inventory and using the empty flasks on the vialed potions.  Sadly/oddly it doesn't work for 4 and 5 dose flasks. :(

Edited by Jim, 19 February 2012 - 11:54 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 brian01001

brian01001

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

This is a pretty neat idea which I could see being very helpful. It just makes me wonder if Jagex had done this on purpose to try to balance out the advantage of getting 6 doses rather then 4, per inventory spot. I'm sure they will make an update soon though an add this in as I could see allot of people making complaints over this. Hope to see your idea in game soon :thumbsup:
Hate it Posted Image or love it Posted Image, I'm still #1.
Posted Image

Posted Image lmfao XD

We make our own monsters and they come back to haunt us.

《〠_〠》......here lies some suspicious link that you know deep down you want to click on.......

#5 Gladz

Gladz

hypnotizing

• RS Name:Gladz

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

Saw something similar on hlf shortly after the flask update. I really, really hope JaGeX considers something like this in order to cut down the clutter flasks bring. Your solution wouldn't change the fact that they don't want flasks to be re-used either.

RS HistoryRetired Global Moderator Message Me

I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

#6 Christley

Christley

Failing since '03

• RS Name:Therealbest

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostZerkador, on 19 February 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

They should only go up to 4, anything more is a little over powered.

why is that overpowered? you start with a (6).
Posted Image

#7 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

This is a pet peeve for me. I thought they would have done so in the beginning, but for some reason, they didn't. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Gambit

Gambit

FoxHound

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

View PostGladz, on 19 February 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

Saw something similar on hlf shortly after the flask update. I really, really hope JaGeX considers something like this in order to cut down the clutter flasks bring. Your solution wouldn't change the fact that they don't want flasks to be re-used either.
Thing is, I don't consider it reusing. The only reason to use a flask over a vial is to achieve the 5/6 dose, so in theory if you take 2 half overload flask (3) and (3) to make 1 (6), the other flask breaks, meaning you can't reuse it. In this sense, you get your full practical use out of the flask(s) and the skiller still makes money. At any rate, because you may only add 6 doses to a flask from a potion. (You can't use an overload 3 (vial) on an overload (3) flask, the flask is responsible for 6 doses per say, so if you want to add more doses to the decanting process you need another flask) I'm not sure if that makes sense, but that's the gist of what i'm trying to say.

Posted Image

#9 Gladz

Gladz

hypnotizing

• RS Name:Gladz

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostGambit, on 19 February 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

Thing is, I don't consider it reusing. The only reason to use a flask over a vial is to achieve the 5/6 dose, so in theory if you take 2 half overload flask (3) and (3) to make 1 (6), the other flask breaks, meaning you can't reuse it. In this sense, you get your full practical use out of the flask(s) and the skiller still makes money. At any rate, because you may only add 6 doses to a flask from a potion. (You can't use an overload 3 (vial) on an overload (3) flask, the flask is responsible for 6 doses per say, so if you want to add more doses to the decanting process you need another flask) I'm not sure if that makes sense, but that's the gist of what i'm trying to say.
Yeah, my last line was agreeing to your solution and how when you combine two flasks into one, you lose the spare flask [that you would ideally keep when comparing to potion decanting]. JaGeX doesn't want flasks to be re-used, which makes your suggestion fitting. Sorry if my wording in the first post threw you off. :-P

RS HistoryRetired Global Moderator Message Me

I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

#10 Gambit

Gambit

FoxHound

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostGladz, on 19 February 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

View PostGambit, on 19 February 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

Yeah, my last line was agreeing to your solution and how when you combine two flasks into one, you lose the spare flask [that you would ideally keep when comparing to potion decanting]. JaGeX doesn't want flasks to be re-used, which makes your suggestion fitting. Sorry if my wording in the first post threw you off. :-P
Oh alright, thanks for the feedback! Yeah, i misread it.

I forgot to add, I'm supporting Flask to Flask decantation NOT potion to flask.

Posted Image

#11 Zerkador

Zerkador

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

I thought potions only went up to (4) :-/
El Zerkador: A Rune Pure in the making.

View my progress thread!

View my Youtube Channel!

Me gusta.

#12 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostZerkador, on 19 February 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

The 7th of Feb update changed that with the introduction of potion flasks. :-)

Should you wish to create the vials yourself [they are tradeable], you’ll need a brand new resource called red sandstone. With a Mining level of 81, you can mine the non-tradable red sandstone north of Oo’glog (south of the Feldip Hills). You can mine a maximum of 50 red sandstone per day.

Take the sandstone to Oo’glog (after completing the As a First Resort quest), to Rutmir’s robust glassmaking machine. You can use the machine to fire the red sandstone into robust glass, which can be blown into potion flasks using a glassblowing pipe, as long as you have a Crafting level of 89. Decant potions into the flasks and feel thoroughly prepared for long combat trips (flasks will shatter once emptied of their contents).

[Enter the August 2013 Suggestions Competition now!]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#13 Zerkador

Zerkador

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 19 February 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

View PostZerkador, on 19 February 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

The 7th of Feb update changed that with the introduction of potion flasks. :-)

Should you wish to create the vials yourself [they are tradeable], you’ll need a brand new resource called red sandstone. With a Mining level of 81, you can mine the non-tradable red sandstone north of Oo’glog (south of the Feldip Hills). You can mine a maximum of 50 red sandstone per day.

Take the sandstone to Oo’glog (after completing the As a First Resort quest), to Rutmir’s robust glassmaking machine. You can use the machine to fire the red sandstone into robust glass, which can be blown into potion flasks using a glassblowing pipe, as long as you have a Crafting level of 89. Decant potions into the flasks and feel thoroughly prepared for long combat trips (flasks will shatter once emptied of their contents).

Ahh okay thanks :)
Haven't been following the RS updates lately (past 4 months or so :P )

Changed my mind on my above post. Support! :P

Edited by Zerkador, 19 February 2012 - 05:03 PM.

El Zerkador: A Rune Pure in the making.

View my progress thread!

View my Youtube Channel!

Me gusta.

#14 Aloof

Aloof

Crazy- but only just.

• RS Name:Tear Asunder
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

While this suggestion would be nice (though I can only extrapolate; I have neither the skills nor the membership to actively utilize flasks), I'm a tad curious as to why one would have many small-dose potions in the first place. The flasks were made so that optimally, one would guzzle down one flask at a time (or two or three, given different potion types, but the same principles apply: drink one flask at a time per potion type). I would assume that maybe you bailed before you could finish that final flask because your inventory was full, your time was up, your task was done, etc. They are understandable reasons, I suppose.

Being devil's advocate, I'd argue that there are ways to use up those last sips of energy in other ways. Of course, with the society today banking on total efficiency, I can also see why that notion would not fly.

I suppose either way, it would nonetheless make life easier to be able to decant flasks.
I went to sleep and woke from my nightmare.

#15 Luftey

Luftey

• RS Name:Luftey
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

I totally agree. My bank is already filling up with 1 and 2 dose brews/ovlds/renwals. Combining would still remove a flask from the game, so it shouldn't make an impact on the profit off making them. Anyway, total support again, I really don't know what I"m going to do with 1 dose brews:/ I reckon I can use 1-2 dose flask ovlds potting up before entering the room at Nex, but still...Be nice to be able to combine all my almost empty flasks into fulls.

#16 *Tom*

*Tom*

Expect to win.

• RS Name:BornSkulled

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

Well until (or if) they change this then you should just use them for potting up before Dungeoneering floors, that's what I've been doing.

Tooheyy @SwiftIRC

Posted Image

>> Zybez Content Team << - >>Zchat Moderator<< - >> Zybez20 Team <<

Posted Image

#17 Chompy

Chompy

• RS Name:Chompy

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

Agree with your suggestion. Support it completely. Decanting flasks can save much needed bank space and the disappearance of the flask upon decanting wouldn't result in an increased amount of flasks either.
Posted Image
Check out my video's here:My YouTube Channel
Posted Image

#18 Evidently

Evidently

Visit Zchat!

• RS Name:Evidently
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

I am yet to even use a flask but judging by the post on this topic it would make a great addition to the game.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Art of Death

Art of Death

I like physics

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

You can sorta decant them by making a new flask (6) by using an empty flask on partially filled flasks, assuming you have at least 6 doses in your inv. However, you lose 2+ flasks every time you do this, so... it's not ideal.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"We can only be who we are, no more, no less" - Terry Goodkind

My PvM Gallery

Posted Image

#20 Majinvegito3

Majinvegito3

• RS Name:Majinvegito3

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

I would love to be able to decant my half-used flasks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: