Photo
- - - - -

A Fire Cape (Update Implemented By Jagex)

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Dragon Sol

Dragon Sol

• RS Name:Dragon Sol
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 17 February 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

Still prefer the first to be honest because it stays true to that distinctive bottom-heavy shape. The latest design reminds me way too much of the Soul Wars cape. Gotta wonder how this is even possible on possible on Paint though. :lol:
Haha, you'd be surprised what you can do with the crayon paintbrush with a little delicacy. :P Just gradual layering of the different gradients. Since nothing transparent can be done and no layers so each stroke has to be precise and cannot be undone later. A lot of remapping was done.

View PostBrad S, on 17 February 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

They are amazing fire capes! :-D Great pictures.

I would love #1, the more triangle shape, coupled with the bottom of #2.
Yeah, it's up to your imagination, those are concepts of the two distinct possibilities. The second one is more straight because it is literally lava flowing straight down (like the "lavafall" I described) to the ground then pooling, expanding its width. As for the first it, it's more similar to the current cape because it's just a texture overlaying the actual "cape shape" with rock lining at the bottom.

#22 Murdoc

Murdoc

"calm as a cucumber"

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

TokHaar-Kal plates + lava = :-X. They don't go well together at all. Also the cape on the right of the main panel at the top looks a bit too thin in the middle, even making adjustments for the perspective's angle?
Mew%20Lp.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#23 dMc

dMc

• RS Name:Drewby
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

the cape in the very middle, mixture of firecape and kiln cape is exactly what i wish the kiln cape looked like. :(

#24 Dragon Sol

Dragon Sol

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 23 February 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

TokHaar-Kal plates + lava = :-X. They don't go well together at all. Also the cape on the right of the main panel at the top looks a bit too thin in the middle, even making adjustments for the perspective's angle?
It's actually to portray the pulling effect when moving/turning. As you can see, the top of the cape's facing to the left while the bottom still remains facing forward, slightly turning as it's being dragged.

View PostdMc, on 23 February 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

the cape in the very middle, mixture of firecape and kiln cape is exactly what i wish the kiln cape looked like. :(

Seems like some people like it. Idk, it wouldn't be exactly like that, but more of the concept of combining a rocky "shell" element on top of the previous cape like an "upgrade".

#25 Buscape

Buscape

whoyoufinnatry

• RS Name:King Niisku
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:48 PM

View PostMagick, on 03 February 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

Sounds good, but I fear JaGEx may have already concluded the appearance of the forthcoming fire cape.
++ The new cape doesn't look nearly as "shocking" as the older one when it first came out. That's back when you needed to change your UI settings so the lava from the cape can move, otherwise on 'low' setting it would stay still the whole time. Nonetheless, the cape was extremely different and tempting to get, unlike this new one, because the only tempting bit are the amazing stats.

< -5 | 4 | +5 >

Posted Image

Quit this forum.

13 November 2006 - 17 December 2015.

#26 Murdoc

Murdoc

"calm as a cucumber"

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Welcome to the April 2012 Competition. :-)

Edited by Murdoc, 01 March 2012 - 03:26 PM.

Mew%20Lp.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#27 Dragon Sol

Dragon Sol

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

Yay, I hope I win.

Have you guys noticed the BTS? Look, they're updating every single type of armor graphically.

Posted Image

Do those graphics look inferior to the graphics I've shown on the fire cape? They look pretty equal in fact. Also, they're updating even new armors like Torva and Bandos, not just the old, it looks like everything is getting a revamp. But nothing is mentioned about capes or necklaces. Shame, it just gives all the more reason for it to be updated along with everything else.

If all the armors looked like that in RuneScape, I don't think it would be 'too' sweet, but rather everything would look equally sweet in their own way. The question is though, if they did update the fire cape to something significant like the new armors, would they consider updating the TokHaar Kal to something even more magnificent? From the concept of the cape itself, it doesn't seem to have any room for particles, but there are plenty of other ways to spice it up like if there was a darkness, or the opposite of bloom surrounding it or something. Not every distinctive cape should have particles.

Edited by Murdoc, 01 March 2012 - 12:57 PM.
Merged your posts as the spam comment inbetween them was deleted.

#28 Paulc

Paulc

YouTube: Paulc771

• RS Name:Duneire

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Awesome idea. I've been thinking for a long time that the fire cape could do with a big graphical rework. It's still a decent achievement and for a cape with the best stats in the game... it deserves to look pretty sweet!

I approve. :thumbsup:

Check out my YouTube channel full of random vids! Here

- Duneire (RSN)

- I follow Jesus

- 99 Firemaking achieved - 7th June 2008

- 99 Cooking achieved - 22nd October 2008

- 99 Construction achieved - 8th April 2010

- 99 Woodcutting achieved - 6th June 2010

- 99 Crafting achieved - May 2012

- Former Zybez Radio DJ - tune in here!

#29 Dragon Sol

Dragon Sol

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

Post on RSOF deleted for having CENSORED links. Pathetic.

#30 Toiletbreak

Toiletbreak

Fall 8 times, stand up 9.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Pretty cool firecapes that those would be! :thumbsup:
Kind of saddening that most other Tzhaar armour isn't that related to Lava :-(

#31 Ssj4

Ssj4

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

Interesting concept, has a more lava feel than anything.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#32 Costahh

Costahh

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:40 AM

should be like that, tbh its the strongest cape in the game why the hell not ya know?

http://img842.images...48a65806fm3.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#33 H K T

H K T

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

Nice concept, would think graphically it would be hard to implement, a lot of features like. But would definatly look cool

#34 Lemon bonbons

Lemon bonbons

• RS Name:Man Bon
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

Wow!! The second picture down actually resembles the Fight Kiln cape we have now. :XD:

Posted Image

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#35 Wats Ronskep

Wats Ronskep

• RS Name:Wats Ronskep

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostLemon bonbons, on 01 September 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

Wow!! The second picture down actually resembles the Fight Kiln cape we have now. :XD:
And people say Jagex doesn't tend to use player ideas :-D

Posted Image

#36 P3ak

P3ak

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

See jagex need people like you who take their time not only designing but also detail and information about it! Nice Job,
Posted Image

#37 konka

konka

• RS Name:Stawnk
  • Clan:Retired

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

At some point in the MAJORITY of players the fire cape was a challenging activity, and you wore your cape with pride.  Nowadays with the better gear, all the guides it isn't as prestigious but it's still an achievement for newer players.

I like your idea ^_^

Posted Image

King Stawnk | 45 defence | 17 99's | 2,260 Overall

Pure forever

#38 Big_Hagrid

Big_Hagrid

• RS Status:Free

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:21 AM

How about just adding the animation back to the cape...

Posted Image

#39 Murdoc

Murdoc

"calm as a cucumber"

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

Congratulations, Dragon Sol, the Suggestions staff have decided that it's about time to move this topic to the Hall of Fame! It seems your decision to send it off to Jagex's own  gallery has paid off, and though it wasn't used to revamp the original Fire cape - the fact it was the basis for the even better TokHaar-Kal speaks volumes! We haven't seen many people put this much thought and detail into their idea(s) for a long time now, so here's to you. :-)
Mew%20Lp.png

#40 Dragon Sol

Dragon Sol

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

:D

Haha, thanks so much Murdoc and the rest of the Suggestions staff for honoring me by doing this, I am truly grateful. Needless to say, this is a remarkable achievement for me, and perhaps others as well, making it here, without actually winning a competition. I truly never saw it coming. ^_^ The fact is, as long as you enjoy what you do you'll always put your best effort to it - thinking of cool ideas for a game I once loved (and will always remember, as it has laid the foundations of my career interest) was never a chore and always a delight!

You see, many of these Hall of Fame ideas, were the original ideas that were made ages ago, from the beginning of RuneScape. As you said, not many have brought such thoughtful ideas since, but I was only able to think of all my ideas through the inspiration of these old ones, it made me believe that anyone can bring out plausible, if not amazing ideas that Jagex will actually put into their game, that any company might put into their game, that you can put into your own - what I'm trying to say is, it means so much to me that now I'm apart of those people that inspired others, new thinkers, like me, to begin.

As for the idea and the update that Jagex published in clear acknowledgement of my idea - who knows, it'll never be too late for the old Fire cape to get it's own update, any day now. Especially, considering the fact, that prior to the Kiln cape's update, it would've been unwise, as I agree, to update an older version of the most powerful cape in the game, to look better than the newest one, amirite? But not anymore, since they've updated the current best cape (so soon after it's release, thanks to me ^_^), they now have room to update the next best cape, as well. I can imagine it matching the superior Fight Kiln cape much similarly, heck, just take away the shell and you've got a canvas of lava flowing down, trailing behind you. ;) (If this update does occur - I assure you, I don't work for Jagex xD >.>)

It's slightly comical too, out of all of Jagex's recent updates, many of which have brought uproars to the RuneScape community, full of debate as to whether the update was good... and then, the one time they take an update idea from a "player's prospective", it's a success! Remember the bank update? A player update. Success! Who has said anything negative about that verses the old bank? Noone. Who has said anything about the new Kiln cape? NOONE! Everyone loves it! :D:D:D:D In fact, I love it so much myself, it makes me want to play again just to get it, haha.

To the Suggestions team, especially Murdoc, which has been joyful in communicating with me amidst my stay here, for being such an awesome group, selecting these great ideas, bringing them attention and the appreciation they deserve. Every single topic in this collection of ingenious thought - put into each and every idea - all worthy of this section are nothing without you guys!

Thanks!
Seeya!

Edited by Dragon Sol, 30 September 2012 - 02:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: