New Polypore Spell

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Player Killer

Player Killer

Pro-er turmoiler pker

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

How potent is this new spell compared to ice barrage and storm of armadyl? I'm not kidding, all these mager kids in the skulled dh area trying out the new spell, along with the typical 4:1 rusher:pker ratio, it's pretty hard pk there now.

I have to get my fights to come east with me to the river to avoid all the pjers/magers. If they insist on fighting right there in pjer-infested territory I just say they have a pjer friend (what's that concept of "if you dont fully support a cause, then you are against it and support [opposite of the cause]" called? like if you arent devoting your life to hunting osama bin laden then you support terrorists. what the idea of that called?)

So basically I'd like an idea of how strong the spell is, to know how greatly it affects my skull dh pking. It can't possibly be stronger than the storm of armadyl right?

edit: lmfao all these kids trying to sell off their crashing polypore staffs now and rip others off. this one kid tried to trade a staff for my dh, 1) current ge price was less than dh set and 2) it was crashing, so the kid got mad.

Edited by Player Killer, 03 December 2011 - 05:52 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Click here for great edge pk vids!

#2 Gladz

Gladz

hypnotizing

• RS Name:Gladz
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

Soa > polypore > fire surge - when comparing single spells anyway.

RS HistoryRetired Global Moderator Message Me

I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

#3 Mystic Might

Mystic Might

45 prayer master race

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

Polypore + veng > SoA in my opinion

#4 Jordy.

Jordy.

Forsaken forever

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

Soa is better then polypore.
but when you polypore+veng+dh its just the same :-(

Dream as if you’ll live forever.

Posted Image

#5 Player Killer

Player Killer

Pro-er turmoiler pker

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

what about this new light-blue armor? i can't seem to find the rs wiki (wikia wiki, not jagex wiki) articles on ANY of the new stuff except the dungeon and staff.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#6 Daz121994

Daz121994

★★★★★

• RS Status:Member

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

storm of arma is better but with polypore you can veng or ice barrage at the same time.
some hick tried pjing me earlier with it and killed him with dh, then i tried it out and its pretty gud but ended up dying, mainly cos i didnt have freezes which screwed me over in a hyb fight.

"The staff can hit up to 672 damage on a Slayer task in Kuradal's dungeon, making it the highest-hitting magic-based weapon in the game (outside of special attacks)"

i thought storm of arma would hit higher but thats wut rs wiki says.
R1IV3R0FR3D ~ Death Before Dishonour
L00TD3CT3R ~ The Green Dream
BLEED BLUE ~ No Guts No Glory

#7 IZephyrI

IZephyrI

• RS Name:IZephyrI

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

I'm guessing you mean this armor? http://runescape.wik...nodermic_armour

#8 Spacekillers

Spacekillers

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

arma>polypore>barrage

polypore is essentially storm of arma for people who dont nolife the game and do quests 24/7, its slower than arma spell and less accurate but has a slightly higher max hit
[URL=http://img94.imageshack.us/i/claws.png/][IMG]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3016/claws.png[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://img109.imageshack.us/i/21871582.png/][IMG]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3593/21871582.png[/IMG][/URL]
Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me. Thanks, J36miles

#9 Mystic Might

Mystic Might

45 prayer master race

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

^ Slightly?  It hits almost 100 more...  Also it costs next to nothing, it's 1 itemable, and you can use vengeance/ancients with it

#10 BanScape

BanScape

lulz

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

Its pretty much the mage version of whip.

#11 DontBeAnAss

DontBeAnAss

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:38 AM

It's better than barrage, and worse than armadyl storm imo, although it does have its advantages having its own spell ie being able to switch spellbooks and such.
Posted Image

#12 Player Killer

Player Killer

Pro-er turmoiler pker

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:08 AM

What is the polypore spell called so I can look it up on the wiki?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#13 Gladz

Gladz

hypnotizing

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

View PostPlayer Killer, on 04 December 2011 - 03:08 AM, said:

There isn't a spell, or runes for that matter. You equip the staff and select accurate or long-range.

I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

#14 Player Killer

Player Killer

Pro-er turmoiler pker

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

View PostGladz, on 04 December 2011 - 05:03 PM, said:

There isn't a spell, or runes for that matter. You equip the staff and select accurate or long-range.
so the staff has a magic-based attack? omg that means you can combine it with any spellbook and destroy people. sad.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#15 Gladz

Gladz

hypnotizing

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

View PostPlayer Killer, on 04 December 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

View PostGladz, on 04 December 2011 - 05:03 PM, said:

so the staff has a magic-based attack? omg that means you can combine it with any spellbook and destroy people. sad.
Yep, it works well with vengeance.

#16 Urka Zerka

Urka Zerka

Internet Superhero

• RS Name:Urka Zerka

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

Lol since the removed attack req there is gonna be soooo many polypore staff wielding noobs, myself included :P
How do you reckon itd go killing drags in mystic? :P
Posted Image

Can we cuddle?

In just our underwear so our skin can touch. Can I hold you while you wrap yourself around me? I'll play with your hair and drag my fingertips across your skin. You'll peck at my neck while I laugh and tell you to stop. We could whisper cute things to each other under the pillow so no one can hear.
Then I'd pull out my hunting knife and sacrifice you to the darklord, Satan, while chanting sacrificial hymns. YOLO, smoke weed errrday, 420 blaze it, do you even lift?

#17 TrPeaches

TrPeaches

Come explore the future with me!

• RS Name:Xaert
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

View PostUrka Zerka, on 07 December 2011 - 05:34 PM, said:

Lol since the removed attack req there is gonna be soooo many polypore staff wielding noobs, myself included :P

I just bought it :P the GE price was 5M and it bought for 1.3M...

Posted Image

Making a comeback?

#18 Urka Zerka

Urka Zerka

Internet Superhero

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

View PostTrP, on 07 December 2011 - 06:10 PM, said:

View PostUrka Zerka, on 07 December 2011 - 05:34 PM, said:

I just bought it :P the GE price was 5M and it bought for 1.3M...
I got it last night for 1.2m :P but do you reckon itd kill drags alright, cos if it were to be good that could be handy for training Mage and getting $
Posted Image

Can we cuddle?

In just our underwear so our skin can touch. Can I hold you while you wrap yourself around me? I'll play with your hair and drag my fingertips across your skin. You'll peck at my neck while I laugh and tell you to stop. We could whisper cute things to each other under the pillow so no one can hear.
Then I'd pull out my hunting knife and sacrifice you to the darklord, Satan, while chanting sacrificial hymns. YOLO, smoke weed errrday, 420 blaze it, do you even lift?

#19 Spacekillers

Spacekillers

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

mage doesnt hit well on drags, so itd be worse than whip for killing drags

doesnt give base cast exp, so its way slower exp than alching
[URL=http://img94.imageshack.us/i/claws.png/][IMG]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3016/claws.png[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://img109.imageshack.us/i/21871582.png/][IMG]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3593/21871582.png[/IMG][/URL]
Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me. Thanks, J36miles

#20 Urka Zerka

Urka Zerka

Internet Superhero

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

View PostSpacekillers, on 07 December 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

mage doesnt hit well on drags, so itd be worse than whip for killing drags

doesnt give base cast exp, so its way slower exp than alching
Okay but what about metal dragons? Would they be alright? Also I'm starting to lose lots of money alching, no good items that I can find and nats are like 230gp
Posted Image

Can we cuddle?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: