Botting Sites

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 thefriendlyc

thefriendlyc

• RS Name:thefriendlyc
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

In light of the new "Bot Nuke" I decided to look at some of the more popular Runescape botting sites. To my delight, one of them wasn't even online anymore. I don't know if the sites updating, or if it's down for good.
On another, however I met a VERY unpleasant site. It was a forum announcement saying that the new bot should be up and running soon, and that it was a quick and easy fix. Regardless of whether or not this is true, the community reaction left me sick to my stomach. Every post was people saying how wonderful it would be to get their bot back, and how they couldn't live without it.

This made me think, why do these players even 'play' the game? The only thing happening is legitimate players having less fun. Do these players honestly understand what effect there actions are having on the community as a whole? Or are they oblivious to what bots do to the game.

And finally I would like to have your opinion on something, how old do you think these people are? It seems, judging by their general attitude, that they are a younger crowd. As much as it appalls me, I have to assume they are around my age (early teens) because their attitude reflects that of most of my peers.
Posted Image

#2 Rodney King

Rodney King

Rodney 'TB' King

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

They are time poor people. They usually play another online games, or other games on different consoles - XBOX/PS3.

They don't take runescape -and the fundamentals of the game - seriously.

They are the bored, disillusioned and "want anything for nothing" generation.

My 2 cents.

Posted Image
|Rodney__King| |Ex-Higher Force Leader | |Runescape's #1 Runepure + Tank Clan|
|HF Site| |HF IRC: #higher-force| |HF Requirements| |HF Tube|

Rex Mortuus Est, Vivat Rex - Higher Force 2005-2012

Proud to have served.

#3 [Rob]

[Rob]

Teh lurker

• RS Name:No F N cash

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

Most of the botters you will find sell there money for real money.

A guy i used to go to school with quit his job because he was making the same if not more money botting and selling gold per year then he was when he was working.

Botting is just to tempting for some people, Bot and raise stats while doing something else, or have some morals and play legitimatly.

I believe that this botting site you have said will be up shortly is just doing whatever they can to keep there customers calm.

Current Goals
85/99 Mining
85/99 Strength
85/99 Attack
85/99 Defence

#4 Get Ur Noob On

Get Ur Noob On

• RS Name:Suck My Ego

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

if it was a "quick fix" then they would have already been working again by now lmao. and this was my first post after being registered but i just had to post on this.

Edited by Get Ur Noob On, 25 October 2011 - 09:14 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Barrett

Barrett

• RS Name:Dukes
  • Team:#Dukes

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

View PostGet Ur Noob On, on 25 October 2011 - 09:09 PM, said:

if it was a "quick fix" then they would have already been working again by now lmao.

A quick fix in coding could take a week.

Posted Image

":D"

#6 Scarface XI

Scarface XI

• RS Name:Scarface XI

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

View Postthefriendlyc, on 25 October 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

In light of the new "Bot Nuke" I decided to look at some of the more popular Runescape botting sites. To my delight, one of them wasn't even online anymore. I don't know if the sites updating, or if it's down for good.
On another, however I met a VERY unpleasant site. It was a forum announcement saying that the new bot should be up and running soon, and that it was a quick and easy fix. Regardless of whether or not this is true, the community reaction left me sick to my stomach. Every post was people saying how wonderful it would be to get their bot back, and how they couldn't live without it.

This made me think, why do these players even 'play' the game? The only thing happening is legitimate players having less fun. Do these players honestly understand what effect there actions are having on the community as a whole? Or are they oblivious to what bots do to the game.

And finally I would like to have your opinion on something, how old do you think these people are? It seems, judging by their general attitude, that they are a younger crowd. As much as it appalls me, I have to assume they are around my age (early teens) because their attitude reflects that of most of my peers.
I agree with alot of what you said..

Although the majority of botters seem to be that of a younger age, i'm sure there's old school runescapers who bot 'because everyone else does it'.

it's just so fustrating for all us legit players; who put time and effort into getting our skills, when there are these naive, ignorant, people ruining the game and getting 99's in a few weeks.

Edited by Xx Duzza xX, 25 October 2011 - 09:14 PM.

#7 Blake

Blake

manacrew

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:57 PM

View PostGet Ur Noob On, on 25 October 2011 - 09:15 PM, said:

anyways. there is no quick fix lol
Quick fix doesn't mean it's going to be out the same day. Botting will be back, it always is. JaGeX have done this time and time again and made the exact same promises. You and the majority of fools crying hallelujah just haven't been around to experience the disappointing reality that is the forever raging battle between JaGeX and the botting community.

Posted Image

King of Private Message Suspensions: One | Two | Three

#8 Vulemax

Vulemax

King of the Choose

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

Botters bot because they want to be able to spend their time PKing or doing fun activities, rather than grinding.

Most botters are not gold farmers, they bot to get skills up, or make a little bit of money on the side.

I would say the age of the average botter is older than that of the average RSer.  Most of the botters from my experience are the players who used to play a lot of RS, but have now moved on in wake of stupid updates, and just growing up in general.

Why do you procrastinate on your homework?  The same reason people bot.. If you can get away with it, do it.
MK SCARED?

#9 gg xd

gg xd

• RS Name:gg xd

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:00 AM

Lol at justifying botting because you "don't want to spend time", "updates ruined the game" etc. If you don't like the game just don't play derp.

#10 IThyDevourer

IThyDevourer

• RS Name:xSOULSUCKER
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:03 AM

To be honest, i've never botted.
Never plan on doing so.

But i have no problem with them at all.
I only care about gold farmers.
Guys getting skills by botting just to PK or PvM or whatever is fine.. No care at all.
They just need to get rid of free trade.. Again.
That's my opinion anyway.

Bots will be back within the month, it happened years ago, and most popular websites will already have code editors on the go changing around a few major codex pieces on the applet scripts.
To be perfectly honest, Jagex took the wrong approach.
Right idea.
Wrong approach.
Posted Image

OSRS FOREVER ~ RS3 NEVER

I live off pizza hut and Indian.

#11 Pity

Pity

There are strange things done in the midnight sun.

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:34 AM

View PostSAGE, on 25 October 2011 - 09:57 PM, said:

Quick fix doesn't mean it's going to be out the same day. Botting will be back, it always is. JaGeX have done this time and time again and made the exact same promises. You and the majority of fools crying hallelujah just haven't been around to experience the disappointing reality that is the forever raging battle between JaGeX and the botting community.

Specific example of when something like this has happened?

There have been mass bannings before, but never something to this magnitude that knocked them out for a day and counting.

We aren't fools, we are optimists. There will always be some type of botters, because you can never stop auto-clicking and stuff, but how useful they are is going to be low for a while if not forever, the code constantly changes which means they can't just write a universal code that works for everything to the best of my knowledge.  It's pessimistic fools like you that make ME laugh :P

Posted Image
Pity on SwiftIrc You Can Find Me In #Pity
EX Maxed Tank, Currently Maxed Main
126 F2p
138 P2p

#12 ILA

ILA

• RS Name:ILA

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:36 AM

There are botters in every community. This community isn't all "legit" theres no possible way. As for the fix it will be done, lol. RiD is still running so I've heard.

#13 Pky93

Pky93

PKY

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:05 AM

yea i agree i really dont think these people have any idea what there doing to the game.
*On another, however I met a VERY unpleasant site. It was a forum announcement saying that the new bot should be up and running soon*
that just annoys me on the next level how much people will do to beable to bot.

#Pkyers @ SwiftIRC

#14 Marduk

Marduk

Where silent gods stand guard

• RS Name:Marduk God

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:30 AM

People bot for a variety of reasons and/or excuses, but most importantly they do it because they feel like they can get away with it. It's not that they don't know what they are doing to the game (for the effects should be obvious), they just don't care. All that matters to them is their (false) sense of self-entitlement.
When you are old enough, to read these words; their meaning will unfold.
These words are all that's left. And though we've never met, my only son,
I hope you know, that I would have been there, to watch you grow.
But my call was heard, and I did go. Now your mission lies ahead of you,
as it did mine so long ago. To help the helpless ones, who all look up to you,
and to defend them, to the end.

(Manowar - Defender)

#15 JessyU

JessyU

• RS Name:HeyitsJessy

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:32 AM

They justify it however they can to help fill their guilt or ego.

Everywhere from "they keep the prices low" to "It saves lives by stopping kids from spending all day on the computer!!"

All just crap excuses.

Nobody told the sheep, that they outnumber the wolves.

#16 Mawderator

Mawderator

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:50 AM

View PostPity, on 26 October 2011 - 12:34 AM, said:

View PostSAGE, on 25 October 2011 - 09:57 PM, said:

Specific example of when something like this has happened?

There have been mass bannings before, but never something to this magnitude that knocked them out for a day and counting.

We aren't fools, we are optimists. There will always be some type of botters, because you can never stop auto-clicking and stuff, but how useful they are is going to be low for a while if not forever, the code constantly changes which means they can't just write a universal code that works for everything to the best of my knowledge.  It's pessimistic fools like you that make ME laugh :P

He's not being pessimisttic, he's being pragmatic. When you throw phrases like "to the best of my knowledge" around, it's a strong indicator that you really have no idea what you're talking about. Coding bots is a business, if there's one thing that will drive people to getting bots working again, it's the promise of financial success.

TL:DR It's ignorant fools like you that make ME laugh.

#17 Nott Vaengr

Nott Vaengr

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

There are several reasons why people bot, or put another way, short circuit the effort it takes to achieve something enjoyable.  I believe it is a reflection more upon our society in general and the changing attitudes towards the use of time.

In general, we are moving to a high-tech society. That means a quick to instant feedback loop for some action that is taken.  20 years ago, if you went grocery shopping, you had a list and tried not to forget anything else that was not written down. Now, you call on your cell phone or text your parent, spouse, or partner and usually get an instant reply.  Taking photographs? Now you don't have to send the 24 count film roll in to have pictures made and wait 2 weeks.  You get a digital photograph and can check it right away if it is what you wanted and take others just to make sure one of the pictures is what you desired.  Do you need to check your checking account balance? There's no real need to keep a check book anymore since you can use a computer or smartphone app to check your balances now and not wait.

As we move towards a faster response time, we become accustomed to quicker gratification.  That, in my opinion, is the essence of the mentality of a person who bots for fun and not income. That personality wants to play the fun parts of RS without spending the time it takes to get there.  There is no fun for that person for the accomplishment itself of achieving a high level or particular piece of equipment.  Their fun is in using the skill the high level or expensive equipment grants.

I can also say that is not much different than the person who abuses drugs.  That person wants to achieve some state or feeling, usually a good feeling or euphoric high, without the work it takes to achieve that good feeling.  Need an instant good feeling? inject a drug and it will happen instantaneously.  The downside is that you pay (cash, friends, the downer afterwards) for that instant good feeling, which is analogous to botting on RS.  You get the good feeling of doing something fun, but the downside is the character is banned.

Just like Marlin in the movie, Finding Nemo, said, "Good feeling's gone."

And this is not much different than the person who bots for money either. Money is the measure of how much fun you can have.  The more money you have, the more fun you can have.  The question is then how much is your time worth to you. Gold farmers and bot resource gatherers, unfortunately for the rest of us, maximize their time with the least effort and gain real life money in return.  It is a good investment in their time to set up the bots.  It harms us because it manipulates the market in RS.  Again, when their bots get banned, they start again.  Again, it becomes a fast return for their effort, much like the person who bots for fun.

Regardless, it downgrades the market and the enjoyment for the rest of us.

Edited by vkeris, 26 October 2011 - 08:45 AM.

Scoundrel for hire.  Dragons Rescued.
Virginity Cured.   Castles Plundered.  
No Brigandry Too Small.   No Fee Too Large.

#18 Patrick_

Patrick_

Onwards and Upwards

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

Why do people bot? Pretty obvious isn't it... To quote a good irl mate of mine who bots:

'If I could bot real life, I would legit RS.'

Posted Image

Posted Image

:tmo:

#19 H9S

H9S

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

I looked at RSBuddy and he basically said they would be up after some work so that he can also make big updates easy to fix. So not sure, but I bet bots will be back, and its just a matter of time. You cant really just "Stop" a bot, because you cant really till if its a bot or a player playing if you do it smart.
IPB Devloper, I make applications, mods, hooks, and skins for IPB. Check my site in my profile for more details.

#20 Sector Six

Sector Six
  • RS Name:Sector Six

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:26 AM

It's hard to tell whether the botting sites are simply creating propaganda to keep their customers happy or keen on the whole thing, whether or not it is obvious that the coders for these botting programs have in the past altered bots with little to no problem given a few weeks. I am not all that smart when it comes to coding these applications and such in terms of Runescape as well, and how hard it is too fix up the changes which Jagex have made. Either way in the few days that the bots have been down it seems the changes have been a little more over the top then changes in the past, which were fixed within a day or more. Yet again with any questions related to this whole end to botting you just have to wait a see, there is no other answer to the question. These things take time and only time will tell what is exactly going to happen.

Global Moderator
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
AOTM/ASC Leader x Achievements Co-Leader x Multimedia & Design Leader
My inbox is always open, feel free to PM me any issues or questions you may have.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: