The Epoch

Completionist

• RS Name:The Epoch
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:53 PM

Guide to C2 Fishing for High Level Fishers

By: D4rkm4st3rz8

1.0 [ Introduction ]
C2 fishing was discovered early this year with an update that sped up the amount of fish you received. It gave upwards of 200k+ xp/h. However it was nerfed later on after Jagex found out. Nonetheless, it's still a great place to train fishing for those who are interested. This guide specifically targets the people with 90 fishing so they can fish Cave morays and Blue crabs. The idea of C2 fishing is basically starting a dungeon in complexity 2 and going through rooms while looking for fish spots. It does involve combat since you will have to clear Guardian doors. After all rooms have been fished, you exit and start another C2 dungeon.

Originally I planned to show the techniques and tricks to maxmize xp/h in a video guide but that didn't work out. Instead I'll put a lot of details on a written guide to explain it clearer.

The Evolution of Combat has made it a bit easier with some extra neat techniques and combat abilities which will significantly speed up kills.

======================

2.0 [ Requirements/Setup]
-Unlocked Complexity 2 of Dungeoneering
-Ring of Kinship
-80 Fishing
-80 Cooking
-High combat stats(recommended)
-Access to turmoil(recommended)
-Basic Dungeoneering skills

Posted Image

Inside Dungeon
-Strong melee weapon(2h/battleaxe)
-Offensive armor(recommended)(Gauntlets/Boots/Blood necklace)
-Ring of Kinship(Berserker+High tier)
-125/225 Cosmic runes bounded

Posted Image

High combat stats and turmoil are really to speed up clearing GDs fast as that's not your purpose inside the dungeon. Basic dungeoneering skills mean you should be able to know which keys belong to which door. It's a small dungeon so you shouldn't have to struggle if you never keyed before. For armor, you don't have to have the items listed because most people probably wouldn't want to unbind their platebodies just for the combat bonuses given by the gaunts and boots. Cosmics are needed for making gatestones. 225 runes are only possible if you completed Salt in the Wound; however, you won't need to use that much so 125 is fine.

Now to explain the new action bar slots. The first 3 slots will consist of the Make Gatestone spell, the Gatestone itself, and Teleport to Gatestone spell. To do this, simply drag the spell itself from the abilities tab and drag the gatestone itself when you create it. You can customise any keybinds you wish but having the default of 1-2-3 will make it easier. Click one then two whenever you want to gate a door or area. Then simply press three to go there.

For the slot 4, you have the Surge abilitiy. More on it is covered below but it basically teleports you forward. You cannot use this along with the Escape ability as the cooldown are connected.

For slots 5 and on, you will fill it up with combat abilities. Melee works absolutely fine in here so it isn't necessary to include magic and range abilities. More on weaknesses below. The ones I've chosen are in this order: Dismember, Cleave, Smash, Sever, and Slice. Remember that you need 2h weapons for certain abilities that requires it. Dismember is my favorite as the blood effect works wonders on the occasional Forgotten Warrior. The others are just as powerful when used on a high defence NPC.

The last slot is for the Home Teleport spell. It isn't important but I included it in there as sometimes people may forget to gate near the base and the dungeon may not look completely used up yet.

======================

3.0 [ What to Do ]
First, form a party through your party interface. Choose a frozen floor, preferably a lower one(2-5). Click complexity 2 and confirm. When you are brought into the dungeon, trade the Smuggler and sell one piece of armor worth a lot such as a Katagon platebody. Don't sell the arrows+runes since it wastes time. You don't need inventory space free except for three since the fishes are stackable.

Purchase 250 feathers. Making a gatestone and placing it at the base is the first thing you should do before moving on. Pick up any keys there might be at the base and go to your first rooms.

When you're in the first room look for fish spots. Rooms randomly generate 0-4 fishing spots so you don't always get them. Begin fishing. If it's a Guardian door, kill the monsters using their weaknesses explained below. Remember the point is to go room to room looking for fishing spots so keep your eyes open for them.

Posted Image

For rooms where there is a unblocked stretch to the opposite door, the Surge ability will instantly teleport you 10 tiles directly opposite of where your character is facing. Very useful to cover large distances and the cooldown time is only 20 seconds. Remember that if there is an obstacle such as boxes or tables, your surge will not go through it. Also, if you're facing diagonally, the effect will put you 10 tiles diagonally as well.

Posted Image

Use the map to determine whether or not the last room will be the boss room. This is key because you do not want to open the boss room since it's a waste of time. You have to know when to leave the dungeon. When you leave the dungeon, you can't be in combat and if you recently were, wait a bit before confirming the exit.

Posted Image

To exit the dungeon, click on your dungeoneering tab and click leave your party. You must be out of combat in order for this to function. Alternatively, if you're in the base, just exit through the ladder.

Once you leave the dungeon, always click the west direction to jump down the stairs. As you are jumping down, where you see the words "No options available", click on it as it turns to "Form Party". This puts you into your party automatically so you can choose your floor/complexity faster.

Posted Image

======================

5.0 [ EXP rates/comparisons ]
Exp rates for C2 Fishing varies a lot from 80k-100k xp/h. The reason for this is the various factors that contribute to it. How fast you can get through the GDs, how lucky you get with fishing spots appearing per hour, how good you are with dropping fish, focus, exp per fish, and more.

I did multiple timed one hour sessions. Lowest xp/h was 78k at 93 fishing. Highest xp/h was 124k at 97 fishing. It seems to average close to 90k xp/h most of the time. If you're planning on timing this, please don't do 15 minutes of training, take the exp gained, and multiply if by 4 to get the total exp rate. You'd get an inconsistent exp rate since the rest of the 45 minutes may be better than the first 15 minutes.

Now to compare it with the other two fishing methods for this level.

-Barbarian fishing with low alching gets 74k xp/h and also is very monotonous.(Exp rate may be wrong;need confirmation)
-3-tick fishing is a method which I hear gets 100k+ xp/h with mouse keys. However it's something difficult to do and requires lots of practices to get right. There's a youtube guide on it which I'll link below if interested. My opinion on this is that it requires constant effort and attention.
-C2 fishing is less monotonous since it does mix in Dungeoneering and combat while getting 100k-120k xp/h.

Posted Image

======================

6.0 [ Monster Weaknesses ]
~~~~~Updated Chart Not Ready~~~~~~

NPC weaknesses are vital with the Evolution of Combat. However, it seems that due to the low level nature of the Frozen NPCs, a simply powerful melee weapon will suffice. Some people may feel otherwise so I included a chart with the various weaknesses for each Frozen Npc.

======================

7.0 [ Small, Extra Tips ]
-If you accidentally enter the Luminescent icefiend boss room, you won't be able to teleport out. Fight it till it does it's special. Let it hit you and prepare to leave party the moment the special finish damaging you. It should bring you out of the dungeon.

-For Quick-Switch prayer, keep turmoil and protect from magic on. You can switch on prayer while fishing without stopping it. Useful for preparing to clear the GD you are in.

-Having resizeable screen allows a greater and wider view of the dungeon. You might miss fishing spots that are near the door if in Fixed mode.

-Auto-retaliate off at all times.

-Know when to leave. If there is only one room left and you've already opened 4-5 doors, 90% of the time the last door is the boss room. Going to it would waste your time. 10% of the time it might actually be another room with fishing spots leading to the boss room but that's rare.

-Usually you will find yourself teleporting out of combat to leave the dungeon. It won't allow you if you try and leave right after you teleport. Just wait 3-4 seconds before confirming the exit.

-When jumping down the broken stairs, your party interface will automatically change to your inventory screen. It's important to click the form party before it changes screen. You don't want to go through the dialogue to form a party by clicking the dungeon entrance.

-Avoid choosing Floor 1 because sometimes it might not register. Therefore it will automatically place you in the highest floor you can do which you don't want to happen.

-If there's no key doors at base, gate the first key door you come across.

-If you have a Shadow Silk Hood, taking it off while fishing may be ideal in situations where it's a guardian door and there is a Forgotten Warrior wandering around. Saves time if you let it come to you.

-You can kill the boss and complete the dungeon for those interested in ticking off their C1 floors(1-29)

-Use the combat ability Dismember on a remaining NPC when it's at half bar. Then simply run towards the door as the blood effect will hit harder and continuously till it dies. Saves a bit of time.
======================

8.0 [ Conclusion ]
C2 fishing is a very unique method of training fishing. Not many people are aware that it still can be good exp after the nerf. I personally have gotten 3.5m exp and will be getting 99 using this method. I certainly could not imagine myself doing barbarian fishing since it was extremely boring. Remember that it's your choices that will influence the outcome of C2 fishing's exp rates.

======================

9.0 [ FAQ ]
Q: Would using Gatherer's Ring increase exp/h?

A:
No, you don't get the exp for the extra fish. It'll just add more fish that you have to drop.

Q: Can I do this efficiently with less than 90 fishing?

A:
I'm unable to try it out since Salve eel spots do not appear at my level. You can certainly try it out to see the exp rates.

Q: How come I just went through an entire dungeon without seeing a fish spot?

A:
Rooms are randomly created so you just had bad luck. I've experienced a couple of these as well. They take about 1-2 minutes run through so it shouldn't hurt your xp rates too much.

Q: Why am I not getting the exp rates in the range you described?

A:
First, make sure you timed a full hour, not just a portion. Second, make sure you actually read and understood this guide. Keep practicing dropping is all I can really say. If you want, just post a video of you doing what you're doing and I might be able to point of some problems.

Q: How come sometimes I get half the exp for a fish?

A:
I presume that this was the nerf Jagex did by giving a random chance that a spot is half exp.

Q: Is this AFKable or multitaskable?

A:
  Afkable=Not possible   Multitaskbable= Somewhat you can. Fishing at one spot can take 10-12 seconds for you to browse another screen. However this can slow your exp rates down a bit if you're not focused. Watching a movie might not be ideal since you'll be distracted a lot.

Q: How much feathers should I be using up per dungeon?

A:
An average of 30-40 fishes should be caught. This varies on luck since sometimes you might get none. The most I used up was ~100.

Q: Do I get Dungeoneering exp while doing this?

A:
Since you are leaving the dungeon without killing the boss, you get partial exp. Due to being in the frozen floor you get much less exp with around 20 exp per dungeon.

Q: Is there a video on this?

A:
Youtube it. Don't know if they have the same techniques as this guide but it'll give you the general idea. The exp rates they claim seem to be off imo.

Q: Why C2 fishing and not C6?

A:
C6 fishing will always give the full exp for the fish but the monsters are much stronger. You'll end up spending more time clearing GDs than fishing. Plus you have to do puzzles which wastes more time. C2 fishing has plenty of fishing spots while having easy GDs.

Q: I have the fishing level but the fishing spots are not appearing?

A:
I haven't realized until recently someone brought it up to me. You need to have the required cooking levels for the respective fish in order for it to appear. So 90 cooking for cave morays and 80 cooking for blue crabs.

======================

10.0 [ Revisions ]
-4/11/12, the fishes are now stackable in your inventory. Drop techniques are not needed anymore so they have been removed. Exp rates most likely increased it's range to close to 100k-120k xp/h. I haven't tested a full hour yet but that looks about right.
-11/1/12-Updated small portion of what to do section. Added a revisions section for future testing of mid to high fishing exp rates.
-11/7/12- EOC revamped. Changed setup pic. Added Surge pic. Added information on action bar on What to Do section. Added a useful tip. Will eventually update the entire weakness chart.

Guide Copyright Notice:
All Guides are Copyright © Zybez RuneScape Community Guides forum and the original author, 2001-2011+; All Rights Reserved.

All Guides submitted to Zybez RuneScape Community become property of the Zybez Guides forum. Use on any other website without the author's permission is PROHIBITED!

Edited by d4rkm4st3rz8, 25 November 2012 - 02:22 PM.
fixed pictues

#2 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

• RS Name:Debenkey
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

Excellent start to your guide D4rk, looks fantastic. :$

A few things that I would like to suggest are slim, though are helpful to the user. For section 5.0, perhaps you could create a chart or table with the experience rates, or even just listing them, as it would help clarity. Making a chart for section 6.0 would also be a good idea, as it would help clean it up and make it more appealing. A few other pictures could also add some more spice.

Looks great. :-(

#3 Canter

Canter

• RS Name:Canter

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:40 AM

I've tried it at 86 fishing, and it's pretty decent. Full experience salve spots get 135 experience, then the blue crabs get 153, so it turns out to be decent experience per hour, but obviously not as good as 90.

Did you mention anywhere that some spots get half experience? Do you recommend fishing at these spots?

I'm not sure what you're talking about mousekeys. I can use my mouse perfectly fine when mousekeys are enabled. However, it is necessary to switch to one-click mouse to drop items, which could be frustrating if you're also trying to clear rooms. The logout trick is probably a much better idea.

Finally, note that it is also a decent technique to c2 rush through floors for prestige as an alternative to c1ing floors. You'll obviously have to beat the boss, but if you're completing the majority of the floor, might as well finish the floor if you're trying to tick floors.

Great guide though.

#4 The Epoch

The Epoch

Completionist

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

View PostDebenkey, on 24 October 2011 - 05:07 PM, said:

Excellent start to your guide D4rk, looks fantastic. :cry:

A few things that I would like to suggest are slim, though are helpful to the user. For section 5.0, perhaps you could create a chart or table with the experience rates, or even just listing them, as it would help clarity. Making a chart for section 6.0 would also be a good idea, as it would help clean it up and make it more appealing. A few other pictures could also add some more spice.

Looks great. :huh:

Unsure about the chart for exp rates as it really is random. Didn't like to put numbers that are all over the place.

I made a chart for 6.0 though  :cry:  Just hope the text font isn't too annoying to see.

I'm also out of ideas for extra pictures to be useful here.

View PostCanter, on 27 October 2011 - 10:40 AM, said:

I've tried it at 86 fishing, and it's pretty decent. Full experience salve spots get 135 experience, then the blue crabs get 153, so it turns out to be decent experience per hour, but obviously not as good as 90.

Did you mention anywhere that some spots get half experience? Do you recommend fishing at these spots?

I'm not sure what you're talking about mousekeys. I can use my mouse perfectly fine when mousekeys are enabled. However, it is necessary to switch to one-click mouse to drop items, which could be frustrating if you're also trying to clear rooms. The logout trick is probably a much better idea.

Finally, note that it is also a decent technique to c2 rush through floors for prestige as an alternative to c1ing floors. You'll obviously have to beat the boss, but if you're completing the majority of the floor, might as well finish the floor if you're trying to tick floors.

Great guide though.

Yeah I mentioned that. It was probably the nerf Jagex did. You can't tell which gives the half-exp but you should still fish all the spots regardless. It does take effort to start a new dungeon and go through it so take advantage of any fishing spots given.

I watched a MK guide on Youtube and it mentioned turning off enhanced pointer precision on mouse settings. This made my mouse move slower than normal but I'm not sure if it was necessary.

It's only 11 floors(frozen) that will be ticked off and really irrelevant to do.  :hi:

#5 Azeem1992

Azeem1992

L33T

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:39 PM

Not a content-related mistake, but it is "recommended" not "reccommended." :P

Actually, c2 fishing can be stretched to 1-29. Free fishing xp + you finish off your c1s.
Posted Image

#6 The Epoch

The Epoch

Completionist

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:42 AM

View PostLayItToRUINS, on 28 October 2011 - 11:39 PM, said:

Not a content-related mistake, but it is "recommended" not "reccommended." :P

Actually, c2 fishing can be stretched to 1-29. Free fishing xp + you finish off your c1s.
Thanks, didn't notice that  :huh:

It's not too important in my opinion but I'll squeeze it in somewhere.

#7 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

• RS Name:Debenkey

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

The table for the monsters looks great. :XD:

For the experience, I was thinking maybe just bullets? It looks fine now, but easier to read rates would be an additional ++.

As for pictures, perhaps throw in a picture of you reaching a new Fishing level for section 5.0? It's not needed, but it is just a little something extra if you can find any pictures. :-P

#8 Tee 3

Tee 3

d00d!

• RS Name:Tee 3
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

Just wanted to mention that having a rapier as a weapon could potentially make clearing GDs even faster, however it doesn't have crush which it seems a lot of the monsters are weak to.

By the way, you left an I out in maximize at the beginning  :-P

Cool guide, never knew about this fishing method. Just goes to show the ingenuity of some players, such as yourself. Keep it up  :XD:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Zybez Blogs Team Member/Guides & Tips CL

Check out my Money-Making and Training for Pvm Guides!

#9 overvoltage

overvoltage

Rawr

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

fixed pictures; moved to general guides
Comprehensive Guide to Waterfiends - Updated 1/20/12
Guide to Tormented Demons - Updated 1/20/12
Guide to Glacors - Updated 9/17/11

#10 MashMash

MashMash

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for taking the time to write this guide, it is surely a method I will consider when I bite the bullet and attempt to get 20M Fishing :-P.

#11 overvoltage

overvoltage

Rawr

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

I always used gatherers ring and always recieved exp for every fish I caught, unlike your answer to the first question in FAQ
At similar levels to your guide, I've found barb fishing is ~80k xp/hr [123.5k average over the life of 2 granite crabs (46 minute life each)]
3-tick fishing I believe no longer works due to an update many months ago

#12 overvoltage

overvoltage

Rawr

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:19 AM

is there any reason you prefer frozen floors to furnished/abandoned/occult/warped, though?

If you're not fighting the boss, it wouldn't count as a high floor completion; you'd just end up with slightly different enemies [and more experience per dungeon, like 1100 instead of 40]

#13 The Epoch

The Epoch

Completionist

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:25 AM

View Postovervoltage, on 29 January 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

I always used gatherers ring and always recieved exp for every fish I caught, unlike your answer to the first question in FAQ
At similar levels to your guide, I've found barb fishing is ~80k xp/hr [123.5k average over the life of 2 granite crabs (46 minute life each)]

That shouldn't be unless Jagex nerfed the ring to give you exp for the extra resources earned. I'll check it out later.

View Postovervoltage, on 30 January 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

is there any reason you prefer frozen floors to furnished/abandoned/occult/warped, though?

If you're not fighting the boss, it wouldn't count as a high floor completion; you'd just end up with slightly different enemies [and more experience per dungeon, like 1100 instead of 40]

Frozen floors are the first floors to appear on the screen when you choose the floor. Scrolling down every time is inconvenient. I remember trying warped but something made me not do it. It was either the Reborn mages summoning creatures which hinders you from going to the next room or I saw a high level NPC. Frozen floor npcs seem much more easier to clear imo.

I didn't see the dung exp as significant but peope could try different types of floor of they want.

#14 overvoltage

overvoltage

Rawr

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

View Postd4rkm4st3rz8, on 30 January 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

View Postovervoltage, on 29 January 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

That shouldn't be unless Jagex nerfed the ring to give you exp for the extra resources earned. I'll check it out later.

View Postovervoltage, on 30 January 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

Frozen floors are the first floors to appear on the screen when you choose the floor. Scrolling down every time is inconvenient. I remember trying warped but something made me not do it. It was either the Reborn mages summoning creatures which hinders you from going to the next room or I saw a high level NPC. Frozen floor npcs seem much more easier to clear imo.

I didn't see the dung exp as significant but peope could try different types of floor of they want.
instead of choosing a frozen floor, I just hit to move on and it auto selects the highest floor fo me, so I don't have to scroll down at all
I did some checking with the gatherers ring, it doesn't seem to affect fishing spots at all

#15 Haii

Haii

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Really glad i decided to read this. Currently going to get 90 Fishing and was debating wether to do C2 Fishing then or not. Your amazing guide just convinced me to give it a try. Major thanks man. :3

And late Congrats on that 99 :b
Posted Image

#16 Black

Black

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

yep its ownage

Posted Image

#17 halounit

halounit

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

cool guide thanks for posting!!!

#18 GoatMoose

GoatMoose

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

Nice guide, i really need to get myself fishing again!!
Posted Image

#19 Jim Crow

Jim Crow

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

looks like a nice guide =)

#20 Andraxion

Andraxion

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

I just recently found out what C2 fishing is and still had a lot of questions, this guide covers them all. Thanks! Time for me to go grind out 90 fishing/cooking!

Also, I like on your screenshot it says "XP: LOTS!". Made me laugh a bit :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: