Fastest Way To Max An Account

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 arrow_rune15

arrow_rune15

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:29 AM

I have been thinking about this thought for quite some time, what is the quickest way to get from level 3, every skill 1, to maxed, everything 99 except dungeoneering to level 120.

I guess i'll start off the debate putting in my own opinion, but before you post keep in mind, if you don't have anything productive to say, don't post simple as that.

I believe the best start you could do would be to train combat at cows to get some starting cash, train to a combat level of around 20 before moving onto cockroaches, getting charms in the process, along with good training xp.
After you have a decent cash stack I would buy the best possible hatchets you can getting 70 woodcutting, followed by fishing until 70 and hunter to 70.
Now you have some starting cash I would train herblore cleaning herbs which can earn 1m+ an hour if you know how to merch. While merchanting earning roughly 200k an hour. This will give roughly 1.2m cash an hour along with valuable herblore experience.

This is how I would start, feel free to debate i'm interested to hear your opinions on what you would do next.

Edited by arrow_rune15, 29 September 2011 - 01:30 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Add me ingame

#2 Atiaz

Atiaz

Music is what feelings sound like.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:49 AM

I think that the size of your cash-pile decides whether you'll get levels quickly or slower. Here is an example of my thought:

I'm aiming for level 99 in firemaking and there are several of ways to reach that goal. If I got a lot of RuneScape GP, I'll be able to burn yew logs and magic logs which will give me so much more experience compared to burning maple logs. The process will get shorter and I'll get 99 firemaking pretty rapidly.

So when it comes to buy-able skills (there is a lot of them), your cash pile decides how much time you'll need to spend and how rapidly you'll receive the levels. So the fastest way to max an account is making a lot of profit, saving up your money into a large pile and then spend it all on buy-able skills. The remaining skills (combat skills for example) is just a matter of how much time you're able to spend training.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Community Leader of 100+ Combat Requirement

#3 arrow_rune15

arrow_rune15

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:52 AM

View PostAtiaz, on 29 September 2011 - 01:49 AM, said:

I think that the size of your cash-pile decides whether you'll get levels quickly or slower. Here is an example of my thought:

I'm aiming for level 99 in firemaking and there are several of ways to reach that goal. If I got a lot of RuneScape GP, I'll be able to burn yew logs and magic logs which will give me so much more experience compared to burning maple logs. The process will get shorter and I'll get 99 firemaking pretty rapidly.

So when it comes to buy-able skills (there is a lot of them), your cash pile decides how much time you'll need to spend and how rapidly you'll receive the levels. So the fastest way to max an account is making a lot of profit, saving up your money into a large pile and then spend it all on buy-able skills. The remaining skills (combat skills for example) is just a matter of how much time you're able to spend training.

That's a very good point, but assuming the account has no cash.
Would you train herblore first to get extremes and ovls for training? Would you train combat skills first so you get to a higher level faster then doing skills?
This is what our argument is about, the order in which skills is used to become maxed quicker. Train slayer during combat but slower because of lower level? or get maxed level then power through slayer as fast as you can?
Just a few examples

Edited by arrow_rune15, 29 September 2011 - 01:53 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Add me ingame

#4 MDM

MDM

• RS Status:Member
  • Clan:None

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:02 AM

Herblore/Dungeon/Prayer > Slayer > Open own effigies > Effigies used on RC

Edited by MDM, 29 September 2011 - 02:03 AM.

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Oi Oi Oi

#5 arrow_rune15

arrow_rune15

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:03 AM

View PostMDM, on 29 September 2011 - 02:02 AM, said:

Herblore/Dungeon > Slayer > Open own effigies > Effigies used on RC

Is this before or after combat? because dung would be fairly hard at level 3 wouldn't it?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Add me ingame

#6 CakesAreFries

CakesAreFries

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:56 AM

Dicing/Staking -> Prayer -> Magic -> Burst rock lobs (summon) -> Cannon for effigies -> ??? -> Profit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 ToeJam

ToeJam

Finger Picking Good

• RS Name:ToeJam
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:16 AM

Since this is a thread about maxing from scratch - I would skill the unbuyable skills first (fishing, mining, wc, hunter) to establish my initial cash pile. As my levels progressed and to maintain efficiency I would improve my combat and certain skill requirements to complete quests and access better areas.

Whilst training combat I would target slayer - the 15% bonus from black mask/slayer helm is not worth wasting imo and at least at the lower levels would be a good alternative to super/extreme pots.

Once the cash pile has been established and the combat/unbuyable skills have been maxed (prob excluding prayer and summoning) I would start looking at the rest of the skills.

Posted Image

#8 zoth01

zoth01

• RS Name:crovaxx07
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

Everyone knows that you should either start combat skills since they are the most profitable ones. The opinion will never be "do woodcutting first" or "start lvling smithing"  :mellow:

I am everything I want to be, I am a Lucid Dreamer.

#9 Doom Of Gods

Doom Of Gods

Like a boss

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

I'll copy and paste this from the High Level Forums for you although this is for 200m xp in all skills its basically the same for 99 everything.

Cooking- Making wines. 1 per tick. Max xp/hr is about 800k. More efficient than the previous way pie bake seen as its way more cook xp/hr and the magic xp from the pie bake Is mostly got from LRC anyway and the rest could be gained by alching while fishing or something.

Summoning- This is just an aside from slayer. The slayer to summoning ratio is pretty much 1:1 if u have level 99 in both and u make the best pouches.

Slayer- Emphasis should be on tasks that have a higher effigy rate. This can mean doing some of the slower xp/hr tasks. Would probably be wise to train this early on to 200M due to the effigies u will be using. Bork once a day should be done, ideally if u are already on your way to a task in chaos tunnels. If u have the double rewards and 99 summoning its still well worth going to bork even if u don’t have a task in chaos tunnels.

Attack/strength/defence/constitution- All asides from slayer. Rapier can train all 3 styles. Tasks which use a maul could be used on strength setting. Also quite a few mil str xp will be gained from 200M dungeoneering. Once 200M slayer is done, might be a good idea to do cave crawlers for the rest of the 200M melee's.

Ranged- Many people chin, but its more efficient for this to be an aside from slayer by using a cannon and steel titan. Any leftover range xp can be gained at cave crawlers after 200M slayer.

Magic- Most of the 200M can be gained from LRC by superheating the ore which doesn’t interrupt the mining. The rest used to be gained by pie bake, but as I said its better to do wines now. Therefore, the rest of the xp can be made up from alching while fishing and things like maging ice strykewyrm tasks.

Prayer- Frost bones on alter in house would be best, assuming u have a high value for time. Dragon bones if not. Xp rate is ~1.3M xp/hr using the 2 tick method.

Woodcutting- It is still possible to fletch while wc without interupting it, but not as much fletch xp/hr as before. It would be best to do teaks and fletch until you have 200M fletching xp, then move onto arctic pines with the log split and drop method. Use dragon darts if you can get them, but they are hard to get so probably broad arrows. I made a video of the newer way to fletch and wc here:

http://www.youtube.c...18?feature=mhee

Firemaking- Using pyrelord to light 2 fires at a time (2 fires every 6 ticks instead of 1 every 4 when normal firemaking). Best place for this particular method is in ur house with a butler as he will unote ur logs. Xp rate is ~620k/hr.

Fletching- Fletching can be done while wc teaks, although at less xp/hr than was possible before the make-x update on bolts. Dragon darts if you can get them, but they are hard to get so probably broad arrows.

Fishing- Was ~150k/hr c2 fishing:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSfQgbCBPxI&

but got nerfed. Not sure on new xp rate cos not tested it so might be better to do the eating while fishing barb fish method for 100k+/hr fish plus cook str and agil xp.

Crafting- gems used to be the way to go but limits were made to 1k/4hrs so it would be hard to buy these. Black bodies would be the next best fastest thing. Depends on your value for time though. If u can get gems, dragonstoones can be 600k+, but I think black bodies are around 350-400k/hr, similar to what rubies are if u choose to do that. Blue bodies arent that bad xp and pretty cheap.

Herblore- Overloads should be made so that they can be used for 200M slayer. Xp rates are about 1.3M if pre mixed or 700k overall taking into account making the extremes as well. You would also need to make a few other potions such as super antifires etc..

Smithing- (changed slightly cos of urns)A lot of smithing xp can be gained from LRC when u superheat the ore for 0 time. Whats left (which is more since mining urns)can be gained via things such as addy platebodies at ~280k/hr with yak or sometimes rune items depending on the market.

Mining- (changed slightly cos of urns) Mine in LRC, plus superheat for a lot of 200M magic and smithing xp as ive already said without interrupting the mining. ~100k/hr is possible with urns. Using urns does mean you will end up with more magic and smithing xp left over though, but the magic can be multitasked a lot and the smithing is as above.

Agility- Advanced barbarian agility course is the one to use with a maximum xp/hr of ~72k. However, I haven’t tested this, but I think ~100k/hr overall would be possible if u used a horn, providing u had a half decent BA team. Also, doing the circus every week is worth it, it takes minimal time for ~10k xp (10204 max if no fails).

Thieving- Monkey knife fighters for ~300k/hr plus some cash. Be quite hard to keep a fast pace for this all the time, so might want to slot some plunder as well. ~250k/hr solo or ~275k duo.

Farming- All that’s needed is a tree run once a day consisting of magics, palms and a calquat. You could also plant the odd spirit from the kingdom if you do it. One tree run a day would suffice as u would get 200M farming well before you got all of the 200M's. If you had more money to spare to be really efficient it would be best to just do 5 magics and a calquat once per day as these grant the most xp. While you would be getting 200m farming around the same time as other 200M doing it would obviously drag out the time taken to get xp over time, so you could always do magics twice a day if you wanted more short term faster xp.

Runecrafting- Most rc xp can just be gained form effigies. Effigy lamps want to be used on this as it’s the slowest skill to train in the game except slayer. However, don’t use lamps on slayer because 1. The slayer to summoning ratio would not be 1:1 anymore so ud end up with 200M slayer and not 200M summoning. Also using lamps on slayer would mean u actually slay less overall, which means getting less effigies. The remainder of the xp could be gained from ZMI at I think a max rate of ~62k/hr, not positive haven’t rc for ages. Penguins once a week is also worth it as it takes ~15mins average for 39600xp.

Construction- Mahogany dining tables for 800k/hr or 700k/hr if ur a bit slower are best. I think no mistakes ~900k may be possible, but its not going to be the average u get.

Dungeoneering- As dg gives xp in all skills it would be wise to get 200M in this skill early on. This is really varied and I wouldn’t like to put a definite xp rate on it cos its dependant on others. Its certainly a few hundred k per hr though. But with a decent team of randomers floor times should be 21-23mins on average including most warped except maybe kalger floors. Quicker times if its with really good ppl and/or people u dg with a lot like a perm team.

Hunter- Edit: I didnt have an overall xp/hr for herb habitat because ive not tested it, but Foot has supplied an xp/hr for herb habitat. The overall xp rate at herblore habitat taking everything into account is around 270-275k/hr.

179th Person To Achieve Max Total

Posted Image

#10 lord amg

lord amg

• RS Name:Lord Amg

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

just start with whatever you want, never train a skill from the point you could possibly train it faster if youve done a certain quest or so. then just pick another skill and do the same. if you run out of money, next skill you pick is one with which you can make money for example.
nevermind..
rocking with my head down

#11 funkybelmont

funkybelmont

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

View Postlord amg, on 30 September 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

just start with whatever you want, never train a skill from the point you could possibly train it faster if youve done a certain quest or so. then just pick another skill and do the same. if you run out of money, next skill you pick is one with which you can make money for example.

Well put... keep it simple... have fun and don't forget to do the quests!
Your real life prayer level could use some XP.... The Bible hasn't changed but church has... check out Mars Hill.

#12 lord amg

lord amg

• RS Name:Lord Amg

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:15 PM

View Postfunkybelmont, on 30 September 2011 - 02:11 PM, said:

View Postlord amg, on 30 September 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

Well put... keep it simple... have fun and don't forget to do the quests!

the best plans are the simple ones :)
(its how ive trained my account now) it only sucks if youve just done a skill they update it and make it way faster
nevermind..
rocking with my head down

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: