Pricing And Benefits Of 99 Range. Vs Mage

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tigris83

tigris83

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:07 PM

Basiically I've got enough extra cash lying around to do an expensive way to 99 range or 99mage. ill easily have enough to get 99 alching as that is only 7-10mil. I was under the impression that 99 range has the most benefits straight away. so am i missing any piece of info? id prefer to do only 1 of them quickly and expensively.

im pretty sure strining jewelry 80-99 was roughly 37mil and 99 range was roughly the same from lvl 70.

Edited by tigris83, 07 August 2011 - 01:09 PM.

#2 El Archi

El Archi

• RS Status:Member

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

Range is more beneficial than magic in terms of PvM, Slayer wich turns to be the best moneymaking methods in the game. 99 Mage will grant you some nice useful spells too, but overall I think Range is more useful. What are your levels in both ? How much money you have to invest in those ?

Edited by El Archi, 07 August 2011 - 01:13 PM.

#3 Za m o r ak

Za m o r ak

You're not about it.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

Range will be useless. You can melee for slayer. You'll get 99 range and realize you're not going to use it as much as you thought. Besides, only PvM you range at is Arma and maybe Nex. You're not going to use it anywhere else. 99 mage is good because you'll barrage nice and use any other useful spell you want. I say go with mage.

#4 Rofldonutz

Rofldonutz

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

Honestly depends on what you're going to use either of them for, they both have their own advantages. I'd go with magic first though.
Posted Image

#5 tigris83

tigris83

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

well im in the process of getting all the high lvl gear for slaying my way to 99. i just dont see many tasks that id barrage on. so if thats my only benefit ....i think ill just do range. i have sp if that changes anything. the majority of what i do is pvm

#6 Ragequit

Ragequit

• RS Name:RAAAAAGEquit

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

First off, figure out what method you'll be using. Alching is not efficient whatsoever. You'd be better off superheating iron and getting nearly as much (granted it's labor-intensive, similar to alching) exp/hour as string jewellery. If you're fine with that, you could also do plankmake at 86 magic and possibly even profit from that.

As far as training range (chinning) and string jewellery goes, you're right that they cost similar amounts. Both tend to be around 3gp/xp. And if you're not bursting, then I highly suggest you string jewellery simply because it's much more bearable being able to afk while still being fairly efficient. Now to answer your question.

Since you indicate that you'll want both 99 range and magic eventually, but neither immediately, I suggest training magic first. As long as you stick to the popular non-combat methods, you can stand at the Grand Exchange and hopefully make some money towards your 99 range goal via merching.

I hope that helps.

#7 tigris83

tigris83

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

View Postragequit, on 07 August 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

First off, figure out what method you'll be using. Alching is not efficient whatsoever. You'd be better off superheating iron and getting nearly as much (granted it's labor-intensive, similar to alching) exp/hour as string jewellery. If you're fine with that, you could also do plankmake at 86 magic and possibly even profit from that.

As far as training range (chinning) and string jewellery goes, you're right that they cost similar amounts. Both tend to be around 3gp/xp. And if you're not bursting, then I highly suggest you string jewellery simply because it's much more bearable being able to afk while still being fairly efficient. Now to answer your question.

Since you indicate that you'll want both 99 range and magic eventually, but neither immediately, I suggest training magic first. As long as you stick to the popular non-combat methods, you can stand at the Grand Exchange and hopefully make some money towards your 99 range goal via merching.

I hope that helps.

I like your breakdown of it. I think I'll buy enough chins for 80 in the meantime and then redirect my attention to getting my 99 magic.

#8 satan-26

satan-26

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:08 AM

personally im 99 range and mage and tbh i rarely use any non cb spells, barrage is nice to have but its not gonna benefit you for slaying, personally id get like 85-90 for any skills spells or whatever and get 99 range. Range with knives and the ring from kuradels dungeon can drop npcs very quickly, idk your melee stats but if they arent high with a full slayer helmet or focus sight range really isnt that bad to slay with like it used to be. I also find always meleeing can become very boring, personally i think youd benefit more from 99 range, chinning also wont take you very long and isnt hard to do.
1228th to 99 Herblore <3
Posted Image
|99 attack| |99 strength| |99 defence| |99 range| |99 magic| |99 prayer| |99 summoning|
|99 herblore| |99 crafting| |99 smithing| |99 cooking| |99 fletching|

#9 Skulduggery

Skulduggery

• RS Name:5kulduggery

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:39 AM

Magic is alot more useful and with alching is a lot cheaper. So go with that.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 tigris83

tigris83

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

View PostSkulduggery, on 08 August 2011 - 09:39 AM, said:

Magic is alot more useful and with alching is a lot cheaper. So go with that.

Just to be clear i want to spend 40m on a fast method on 1 or the other not both.

So your saying use the 40m on range since i can cheaply get teh magic (despite selling my soul alching in the process lol?)

#11 Ruleroflight

Ruleroflight

• RS Status:Free

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:31 AM

As far as slayer goes:
You'll use magic on ice strykewyrms.
You'll use ranged on Jad tasks.

Personally, I always skipped Jad tasks because they gave no drops/charms.

PVM:
You'll use magic on DKs.
You'll use Ranged on Arma and Nex.

For minigames:
AoE freezing people in CW or SW is amazing fun.

I have no clue about pking, but I'm pretty sure magic is more beneficial via ice spells, teleblock, and vengeance.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: