Runescape Blocked =(

Runescape problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 BENN0

BENN0

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:21 AM

Hello,

My dad has recently blocked runescape on my computer via the windows family safety filter and i would like to get back to playing;
It is blocked through the runescape.com webpage and jagex.com so i cannot ping a specific world and play through something like "snap7-bond0-4.jagex.com".
I don't have administative privilages so i cannot use any program like hotspot or install any program for that matter...

Any help would be appreciated, Cheers

Posted Image

#2 The Epoch

The Epoch

Completionist

• RS Name:The Epoch
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:34 AM

Try resetting your router if you know how. That might do something.

Otherwise be sneaky and remove the filter when your Dad's too busy to notice. Or beg non stop.

#3 BENN0

BENN0

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

Resetting the router isnt going to do anything; the filtering system is on this computer and runs as a program; also dad uses another computer so i'm not really gonna be able to remove it - is there some other way to play without actually removing the filter?

Posted Image

#4 The Epoch

The Epoch

Completionist

• RS Name:The Epoch
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:41 AM

You could try using proxies. I'm not too familiar on how it works but most people use it when they want to bypass an ip ban/restrictions/or just want to view websites anonymously.

It's legal as in it won't get you in trouble with the law. Not sure if I can give out the link here but you can search around with google.

EDIT: Well this was moved into computing and according to the forum rules here, you can't have these kind of threads   :innocent:

Edited by d4rkm4st3rz8, 09 July 2011 - 09:46 AM.

#5 Matchu

Matchu

Youngest of the Old

• RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

Bypassing Filters/Restrictions: Posts asking on how to get around filters or restrictions on systems are not allowed, as they are set in place for a reason.

Matchu

Posted Image
Original RSC Member Number: 1191.
Official Zybez Chat: ZChat - details here.
I looked at what he built, and to me it explained the stars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: