How Jagex Can Stop Botters.

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 xRush101

xRush101

• RS Name:illiRushilli
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

At least once EVERY time you log into runescape, you will find a noob botter botting away which sucks because when we want to cut a yew tree down there always has to be a bazillion level 3's taking it from you. Bots on runescape can now pass random events and do different gestures to make it look like they are not a botting. They are getting smarter and smarter every time there is an update. Here are my ideas Jagex should do to stop botting.

CAPTCHA

CAPTCHA stands for: Completely Automated Public Turing Test

CAPTCHA is used to tell humans from computers (like bots). These things are the weird looking letter/ number things you have to look at and type down what you see.

http://www.allfacebo...ook_captcha.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

I think adding this to runescape will greatly decrease the amount of bots we see today.

How it Would Work

So how would adding CAPTCHA to runescape work? Well I was thinking of this.

1. For every 3+ hours you or on runescape,(at a time)you will get a box that shows lets just say 4 random letter/ numbers that you will need to type in. These messages will appear randomly just like random events and every time you type in the number/ letters for the CAPTCHA, you will get a small reward (For example" 1-10k).

2. A CAPTCHA will also appear every 5-10 times you log in to runescape (at a random time). This should stop bots from world hopping. (I know someone who bots).

Auto-Typers

We all know those stupid auto-typers who blurt out runescape 3 messages in the grand exchange and runescape gold messages (which by the way is in fact a scam). Here is my idea on how to stop auto-typers

How it Would Work

The way I see it, the only way to stop auto-typing in runescape if for runescape to have its own auto-typer. Now you may be thinking, "Uhh... that doesn't change anything, the stupid spamming noobs will just have another auto-typer to use." This is where quick chat comes in.

You can only use the runescape auto-typer IF what you want to say is in quick chat. This will benefit all the legit players out there on runescape and make it hard for the kid who says, "doubling money". There is a problem though. The people who advertise websites on runescape will just crawl back to the auto-typer they were just using. That is when I thought of this. Anyone can use the grand exchange but you must be level 20+ to be able to speak freely in the grand exchange. Anyone below level 20 will have to use quick chat. This means all the advertisers will have to work on the account they are using to advertise with. This should also lower the rate of people getting hacked because you wont have as many people advertising those runescape 3 websites. Now how do I know this will work? Well lets look at this. Every time you go to the mining site south of the grand exchange, you always find bots there mining away. Right? But when you go to the mining spot in Al Kirhid, you wont find as many bots. Why? It's because the scorpions there (level 14)will attack anyone that is below level 29 and the botters don't want to take the time to rank up there botted account just to mine there. Make sense?

And those are my ideas on how to stop the botting going on in runescape.

Tell me what you think ;)

Edited by xRush101, 22 May 2011 - 11:16 PM.

#2 Wejoo Hottie

Wejoo Hottie

I'm the Best,Just face it

• RS Name:-
  • Clan:Reign of Terror

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

There is no way to stop botters,

Cause those scripts getting better and better

so this aint stopable

#3 ahrims pk

ahrims pk

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:59 PM

Agreed, Java is a really good language to code in, its very versatile, I'm assured if either of your ideas were implemented a coder would just a few more scripts D:.

#4 I am Nyu

I am Nyu

Nyu!

• RS Name:Nyu Nyu
  • Clan:DGS

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:07 AM

Captcha doesn't really stop bots. It especially wouldn't stop many RS bots because it's a person who's setting up the account. They can just enter the CAPTCHA then continue botting.

Hell, Captcha doesn't even stop forum-spam bots....

We're seeking the [truth], "We do not care if it is a lie". As if we can see right through it, we follow it along.

@NyusFeed | YouTube

Posted Image

#5 edward5010

edward5010

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:13 AM

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to script the bots to get around those things. If it was as simple as that I'm sure Jagex would have implimented it.

Correct me if it's impossible to make a bot to do them though.
Posted Image

Forums

Memberlist

SwiftIRC Channel: #aa-rs

#6 iTwerp

iTwerp

• RS Name:BAMF Dubi

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:16 AM

The point is, Jagex doesn't want to ban bots. 65% of the RS population is botting this very moment, most of them are members. If you're smart, you'll see where I'm going. If Jagex got rid of all bots, the prices of resources would skyrocket, making other players leave the game, leaving Jagex broke.

99 Fletching | 99 Hunter | 99 Firemaking | 99 Thieving | 99 Fishing | 99 Woodcutting | 99 Cooking | 99 Magic

#7 Serozha

Serozha

UkrainianPride

• RS Name:t p l

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:16 AM

View Postedward5010, on 23 May 2011 - 12:13 AM, said:

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to script the bots to get around those things. If it was as simple as that I'm sure Jagex would have implimented it.

how is it impossible? its just an image with letters on it. most of the bots use color recognition algorithms something like that but it wouldnt be to hard to figure out a way to figure out the letters.

+ nothing is impossible :P

Edited by Serozha, 23 May 2011 - 12:17 AM.

Posted Image

Dress Italian, Drive German, Kiss French, Be Ukrainian

#8 Sutty

Sutty

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:17 AM

No, that craps annoying  :#

View PostSerozha, on 23 May 2011 - 12:16 AM, said:

View Postedward5010, on 23 May 2011 - 12:13 AM, said:

how is it impossible? its just an image with letters on it. most of the bots use color recognition algorithms something like that but it wouldnt be to hard to figure out a way to figure out the letters.

Lol... did you even read his post

Edited by Sutty, 23 May 2011 - 12:18 AM.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

#9 Za m o r ak

Za m o r ak

You're not about it.

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:22 AM

1) There is no way to stop botters.
2) It will be extremely annoying for the people that don't bot.

People should just stop with these random rants on stopping bots because unfortunately, it won't happen because bots = money for jagex. Also, every single "idea" people have had will make rs so unnecessarily annoying.

#10 Ste

Ste

• RS Name:Ste1111

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:52 AM

Dont think this would work, I mean they had sort of the same concept in runescape classic where you had to put in a word to wake up after sleeping and bots could easily do that. And bots are much much more advanced now

Edited by Ste, 23 May 2011 - 01:53 AM.

#11 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:45 AM

People would just enter the Captcha and then set the bot off, sorry but this wouldn't work in the slightest  :#

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Amburi

Amburi

• RS Name:Amburi

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:54 AM

I hate these Rants about bots.

Bot = money for JaGeX
bot = rescoures prices low

So bots are good for keeping the game you play alive and prices low. it's economics. if demand for the game is low, prices will be high. so the more botter keeps the game at £3.50 each month

Bots work on Java with numbers. everyone on RS has a designated number and the "script" has all this information in it.

So everything on rs could be green, a bot will still do what it's meant to do.

#13 Pete the Roo

Pete the Roo

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:20 AM

Jagex don't care about bots, they see them as a free 10 bucks a month.

As for your idea... People can code flawless dungeoneering bots atm... You think they can't implement a captcha script?

Posted Image

#14 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:18 AM

View PostKuriKoi, on 23 May 2011 - 04:54 AM, said:

I hate these Rants about bots.

Bot = money for JaGeX
bot = rescoures prices low

So bots are good for keeping the game you play alive and prices low. it's economics. if demand for the game is low, prices will be high. so the more botter keeps the game at £3.50 each month

Bots work on Java with numbers. everyone on RS has a designated number and the "script" has all this information in it.

So everything on rs could be green, a bot will still do what it's meant to do.

Please don't try to justify botting, it's not a good thing even if it does make Jagex money.  :#

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Dakk.

Dakk.

/dyel/

• RS Name:JoJoJoestar
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:08 AM

A better idea would be analysing what gear botters will wear most often and placing the people who wear the gear, or most of it, on the top of the bot detection watchlist.

The bot detection system really do work, they just do not work fast enough nor can they detect the most complex of scripts.
Posted Image

#16 Cavan

Cavan

merp

• RS Name:Cavan
  • Clan:zybeznet

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:44 AM

Runescape classic captcha was terribad

Posted Image

#17 I Got Munnyz

I Got Munnyz

I Got Munnyz

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:31 AM

This will be annoying for the people that don't bot

#18 Daz121994

Daz121994

★★★★★

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:30 AM

I expect scripts would be developed to get round this
R1IV3R0FR3D ~ Death Before Dishonour
L00TD3CT3R ~ The Green Dream
BLEED BLUE ~ No Guts No Glory

#19 Boot

Boot

The one and only

• RS Name:Il Boot Il
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

Someone obviously didn't play classic. This system was used with sleeping bags in classic, once your fatigue would hit 100%, you had to sleep or you wouldn't gain exp. When you slept, you had to enter a Captcha word in order to lose your fatigue. Botters easily got around that by making a sleeping script that inserted a preset Captcha word that came with the bot in order be able to sleep. Easily got around that system in classic, and it wouldn't work on rs2 either, thats why they got rid of it.

Do some research before you decide to register just to make a suggestion that has already been tested and failed.

Posted Image

#20 complete 2h

complete 2h

• RS Name:LostRadiant
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:44 AM

sorry to be brunt but this wouldnt work, it was the same in classic with the whole sleeping thing you had to fill out one of these then some crafty person made a script called leosleeper which solved this i feel its a good idea but in my opinion it woudnt work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: