• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Wannabe Slim

Wannabe Slim

• RS Name:Wannabe Slim
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:50 AM

Posted Image

http://www.up2me.co....es/76561775.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]Friend's logo, contact me for a logo like this ^

[ Contents ]

i. Change Log

10.4.2011 - Guide published
11.4.2011 - Added the rimmington teleport path
13.4.2011 - Added some pictures to the paths
14.4.2011 - Profit P\H section added; Added melee calculations
15.4.2011 - Added some designed labels to the sections
17.4.2011 - Linked the table of contents to the sections
16.5.2011 - Moved to General Guides; Corrected the calculations; Labeled the images

In Progress

Adding some range calculations

Posted Image

Hello guide readers. This guide will teach you how to kill the Frost Dragons in the most efficient way, and get as high profit as possible per hour. I will show you how to kill these dragons without using yak and\or exts\ovls, but still having a high enough profit.

The Frost-dragons are dragons level 166 and have 1610 hitpoints. They attack with melee, magic and dragonfire - But, they don't require the protection that the Dragonfire-shield gives against their fire breath, so it is possible to go there without having a Dragonfire-shield or Ati-dragon shield, but you will have to use protect from magic and antifire potion, or using just extreme antifire potion.
They are found in the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon resource dungeon. They are aggressive, and well known because they drop the 'Frost dragon bones 100% of the time, which makes them one of the best money making methods.

Posted Image
(Image taken from Zybez.net monsters database)

Posted Image

Requirements:
To access the dungeon, you will need 85 Dungeoneering

Recommendations:
Completion of the fairy quests - for Edgeville and POH route.

Melee
  • 80+ Attack
  • 90+ Strength
  • 80+ Defence
  • 52+ Summoning (Spirit terror bird)
Ranged
  • 80+ Ranged
  • 52+ Summoning (Spirit terror bird)
* When using ranged, you are not going to be hit because of the distance between you and the dragon, so there is no defence recommendation.

* Very important: You should buy a cannon for both methods, although you can kill the dragons without the cannon, but it will reduce the profit per hour dramatically.

Posted Image

I am using War Tortoise as my BoB familiar, if you don’t have the tort, just bring another BoB familiar, but i really recommend getting 67 summoning for this.

If you have low defence, I recommend bringing more sharks, or bringing a better food (Rocktails, Manta rays).

3.1 [ Melee ]

Posted Image

• Helm - Helm of neitiznot
  • Amulet - Amulet of fury -> Amulet of glory -> Amulet of strength
  • Body - Bandos chestplate -> Torag’s platebody -> Verac’s brassard -> Fighter torso -> Rune platebody
  • Legs - Bandos tassets -> Verac’s skirt -> Torag’s Platelegs -> Rune platelegs
  • Boots - Dragon boots -> Rune boots -> Rock climbing boots
  • Gloves - RFD gloves
  • Cape - Soul-Wars cape -> Ardougne Cloak (3 or 4) -> Fire cape -> Skillcape (t) -> Skillcape -> God’s cape
  • *Ring - Onyx ring (i) -> Berserker ring (i) - Berserker ring -> Ring of wealth -> Ring of life
  • Weapon - Chaotic rapier -> Chaotic longsword -> Abyssal whip -> Dragon scimitar
  • Shield - Dragonfire shield -> Dragon defender
*I take the Ring of wealth because of the new update, but it’s up to you.

3.2 [ Ranged ]

Posted Image

• Helm - Helm of neitiznot -> Armadyl helmet
  • Amulet - Amulet of fury -> Amulet of glory -> Amulet of ranging
  • Body - Armadyl chestplate -> Black d’hide body
  • Legs - Armadyl chainskirt -> Black d’hide chaps
  • Boots - Snakeskin boots
  • Gloves - Barrows gloves (RFD) -> Black d'hide vambraces -> Other RFD gloves
  • Cape - Ava’s accumulator -> Soul-Wars cape
  • *Ring - Archer’s ring (i) -> Archers ring -> Ring of wealth -> Ring of life
  • Weapon - Chaotic crossbow -> Rune crossbow
  • Shield - Unholy book - God’s book
  • Arrows - Broad-tipped bolts -> Adamant bolts -> Mithril bolts
*I take the Ring of wealth because of the new update, but it’s up to you.
**I don’t recommend using the Void armour, because the cannon’s accuracy depends on the attack bonus you have in the style you are going to use.

Posted Image

4.1 [ Edgeville and POH path ]

First, start at edgeville (I teleport there after the trip) and gear up and put everything you need in the inventory. When you are ready, go to the Fairy ring located directly east from the bank (You need to cross the river).

Posted Image

After teleporting to Zanaris, click once again on the ring and put in the code “A I Q”.

Posted Image

You will appear in ‘Mudskipper Point’, go north, up on the little hill and go down the trapdoor which have the little dungeon-icon above it.

Posted Image

After going down, pass the Muggers and go north, turn east when you see the pirates, and finally go north when you see a little path going up.

Posted Image

Enter the ‘Mysterious entrance’ and you will appear in the Frost dragons dungeon.

Posted Image

*If It’s your first time there and you have 85 Dungeoneering, you will have the option to unlock the dungeon and earn 15,000 Dungeoneering XP.

4.2 [ Rimmington Path ]
Recommended for those who can't use the Fairy rings.

*Note: If you are going to use this path, you should replace your Amulet of fury with Amulet of glory, or replace your ring with Ring of duelling, or have a charged Ring of wealth.

For this path, you should move your house to 'Rimmington'.
Start by teleporting to your POH, recharging your prayer and summoning points if you have altar or obelisk there. Quit the house and start running south east. You will pas summoning obelisk and and an altar, if you haven't recharged your prayer and summoning, it's the time to do so.

Posted Image

Keep moving south until you get on a little hill, and climb down the trap-door.
Run pass the Muggers and the Pirates, and go north when you see a little path going up.
Enter the 'Mysterious entrance' and you will appear in the Frost dragons dungeon.

*If It’s your first time there and you have 85 Dungeoneering, you will have the option to unlock the dungeon and earn 15,000 Dungeoneering XP.

Posted Image

When you arrive in the dungeon, you will see it’s basically divided into 2 parts: North and South sides. Both sides got 2 Spots: North-west, North-east, South-west and South-east.
Nowadays it might be a little hard to find a good spot without any players with-in it, but it won’t take too long to find an empty spot (If you think you have passed enough worlds, and didn’t find an empty one, it’s possible to have 2 players in one spot, but it might reduce the profit per hour).
After you have found a spot, place the cannon in the middle of it:

Posted Image
(Taken from the Dungeoneering Guide on Zybez.net)

The red dot is where you should place your cannon.

*Note: When you enter the dungeon, you should drink dose of your Antifire potion, and activate your protect from magic.

After placing the cannon, put in some Cannonballs by clicking on the cannon. The cannon will start attacking the dragons, and one of them will attack you. Now there are 2 options:

• If you are using Melee, just attack the dragon and kill it.
  • If you are using Ranged, and the dragon is found far away from the cannon, you should make him come towards the cannon, so your cannon can combo the dragon and kill it much faster. You can do it by moving the opposite direction from where your dragon is found based on your cannon location. That means that if for example, the dragon is found west from the cannon, you should run a little bit east and make the dragon move towards your cannon, letting the cannon hit more balls at the dragon per round it makes.
    If you want to make the kill even a little bit faster, while moving, attack the dragon from time to time.
Posted Image
(Taken from the Dungeoneering Guide on Zybez.net)

After having a full inventory of bones, you should fill your cannon with Cannonballs, and quit the dungeon. Summon your BoB and fill it with the frost dragons. Wait some seconds so the cannon can attack some dragons and damage them. Enter the dungeon, fill your cannon again and continue killing the dragons. each time you kill a dragon, use Frost dragon bones on your BoB familiar if it has free spaces, if not, just keep picking up your bones.

When you got 4 free spaces left in your inventory, you can do one of the following:

• Keep killing the dragons and fill your inventory, teleport away, bank your bones and come back with more supplies and an inventory empty of bones. Fill your cannon again, and keep killing the dragons.
  • If it’s your last trip, pick up the cannon, and teleport away (If you are using Edgeville path, teleport to your house and then to edgeville. If you are using the Rimmington path, teleport with your teleport item [The ring or the amulet], bank and teleport to your house and leave it, and start all over again).
*If you don't see your cannon when you come back, don’t panic. You can get it back from the dwarf named Nulodion found in the Dwarven mine, north of falador.

Posted Image

Melee

Average time per trip: 17:24 (17 Minutes, 24 Seconds)
Average Cannonballs per trip: 301
Average Frost dragon bones per trip: 39 (I don't include charm drops)

That means that you get per trip: 39*16700 - 301*237 = 651300 - 71337 = 579,963gp per trip

Every trip takes about 17.40 minutes (.40 isn't seconds), that means you can do 3.448 trips per hour.

So, you get approximately 3.448 * 579,963 = 1,999,712gp per hour (That's 2m).

The calculations are made by me - Max melee with Chaotic rapier, and i usually pick up my cannon every trip, so it may vary if you are a lower level, or if you don't pick up your cannon every time.

Ranged

No information about this method, I will do some trips and put some calculations here.

Posted Image

• Don’t wait for the drop to appear, after killing a dragon, move immediately to another one to maximize your profit per hour, and pick up the drop later.
  • Have an amulet of glory in your Quest hall in your POH (Level 47 Construction required).
  • Finish the quest ‘A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Orks Rift’, so you can use the fairy rings without the staff.
  • If you are using melee, and you see you got some Prayer potions left, you can start flashing turmoil\piety.
  • If you are low on HP, and don't have food in your inventory, or don't want to waste it, you can try and flash SS (Soul Split) for HP. But be aware that if you don't do that right, you can get hit by fire-breath or magic attack.
  • If you want to maximize your profit per hour, you should bring more Prayer potions and use Turmoil\Piety throughout all the trip. [TY 100jad]
  • More tips & tricks to come...

Posted Image

• Q. Does the ring of wealth has any affect on the drops here?
  • > A. It doesn't affect the chances of receiving the 'Draconic visage' drop, but it has a chance to drop some items that can not be dropped when not wearing the ring, for example: ‘Vecna skull’.
  • Q. Question?
  • > A. Answer.

Posted Image

• Jagex: Game developers
  • Zybez: Forum developers
  • Wannabe Slim: Writing the guide

Hope you enjoy the guide.

Edited by Wannabe Slim, 30 May 2011 - 10:45 AM.

#2 Xhanort7

Xhanort7

Future Completionist

• RS Name:Xhanort7

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

I use a pretty similar method. I use melee. I wear fury, bandos chestplate, bandos tassets, ring of dueling for banking, I only bring 1 prayer potion, I bring a 1 dose of super def, I bring 1 rimmington tab, and I use holy wrench. Using my method I heal my prayer and summoning points at the obelisk and church just a bit north of the cave entrance. If you're doing more than one trip it's okay to leave the cannon as long as you reset it when you get back. You mention that kinda. Idk about letting the cannon kill while ur banking though. I prefer to let to cannon run out of cannonballs before I'm about to bank. If for some reason you don't make it back quick enough you could miss out on a visage.

Are you sure about Ring of Wealth increasing Visage drops? I haven't heard about this, but idk much about the RoW update (I've heard all kinds of crazy rumors). Also some people use fighter hat for more stab bonus. I don't use it because prefer the little bit more prayer bonus from the neitz. Rfd gloves are okay for ranging too. Barrow gloves have +1 more ranged atk than black dhide vambraces/black spikey vambraces. You might want to mention the warning time for the cannon decaying and how long it lasts. I'm not even sure myself though. Around half an hour and then 5 min after the warning?

Edited by Xhanort7, 10 April 2011 - 11:20 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Wannabe Slim

Wannabe Slim

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

Sorry, I edited that - it doesn't affect the chances of getting the visage, but you still can get the special items.
I am aware of the rimmington path, but I think that recharging at the POH and than teleporting to edgeville is faster. Also, you can replace the ring of duelling with berserker ring, or ring of wealth while using the POH method.
According to zybez, it takes about 1500 cannonballs until the cannon decays, I will add this to the guide, ty for the reply.
I didn't know about the barrows gloves having more attack bonus than the black d'hide vammb, I will change this too.

Edited by Wannabe Slim, 10 April 2011 - 11:25 AM.

#4 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

• RS Name:Debenkey
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:20 AM

Excellent start to your guide so far!

Your custom layout, table of contents, and section headers really look great, and a lot of to the guide. The sections fit the guide topic well, and go into great detail within every section. The pictures are always a great addition to any guide, and having so many such as for the section of getting to the dragons really helps the reader understand where exactly to go. The only "bad" thing that sticks out to me is that your images are saved as .JPG, which distorts the quality a bit. Use .PNG for best quality.

Keep up the exceptional work! :lol:

Edited by Debenkey, 13 April 2011 - 09:20 AM.

#5 Xhanort7

Xhanort7

Future Completionist

• RS Name:Xhanort7

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:13 AM

Glad I posted here. Giving ranged a try on Frost Dragons. Referenced your ranged set up.

Lol... gonna take a while to remember to keep my distance. Ty shark drops.  :thumbsup: Hopefully this will add up to some good ranged xp. Soon as I'm done making some $ off frost dragons for the bazillionth time, I'm doing some slayer for even more ranged xp.

Edited by Xhanort7, 20 April 2011 - 06:30 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Jaddy

Jaddy

Accomplished Agility Freak

• RS Name:Jaddy
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:44 AM

If you are using melee, and you see you got some Prayer potions left, you can start flashing turmoil\piety.

id say you should always use those. it speeds kills up so much
and you get hit less Posted Image
the cost for prayer potions should not be the problem with nowadays' prices.
with piety on all the time i use 3 ppots on a trip. and i take cannon with me when i bank

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Maxed: 6th of August 2012
2496:19th of October 2012
Completionist: 30th of October 2012
2595: 25th of September 2013

#7 Gl Im Rico

Gl Im Rico

PvM 4 Life

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:04 AM

pretty usefull guide...

I don't use any summoning pouch..

Posted Image

i use the helm, blessed spirit shield and the stole for prayer bonus,,, working on ranger boots for more range bonus..

Posted Image

#8 Wannabe Slim

Wannabe Slim

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:45 AM

View Post♥pie♥, on 20 April 2011 - 05:52 AM, said:

Awesome guide,thanks alot!!
ty ^^

View PostXhanort7, on 20 April 2011 - 06:13 AM, said:

Glad I posted here. Giving ranged a try on Frost Dragons. Referenced your ranged set up.

Lol... gonna take a while to remember to keep my distance. Ty shark drops.  :lmao: Hopefully this will add up to some good ranged xp. Soon as I'm done making some $ off frost dragons for the bazillionth time, I'm doing some slayer for even more ranged xp.
Lol, good luck with range and $$

View Post100jad, on 20 April 2011 - 07:44 AM, said:

If you are using melee, and you see you got some Prayer potions left, you can start flashing turmoil\piety.

id say you should always use those. it speeds kills up so much
and you get hit less http://forums.zybez.net/public/style_emo...
the cost for prayer potions should not be the problem with nowadays' prices.
with piety on all the time i use 3 ppots on a trip. and i take cannon with me when i bank
Yeah i though about that, and i think i will change it. Ty for your reply.

View PostWaregem89, on 20 April 2011 - 08:04 AM, said:

pretty usefull guide...

I don't use any summoning pouch..

http://img220.images...10420160324.png

i use the helm, blessed spirit shield and the stole for prayer bonus,,, working on ranger boots for more range bonus..
BoB boosts your profit per hour, you should try it once and see if you actually get more money.

Edited by Wannabe Slim, 24 April 2011 - 10:11 AM.

#9 Christley

Christley

Failing since '03

• RS Name:Therealbest

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:58 AM

void should be #1 for ranging.
Posted Image

#10 Wannabe Slim

Wannabe Slim

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

Cannon's accuracy depends on the attack bonus of the style you are using (Range), so you should wear Armadyl\d'hide because the cannon damages the dragons more than the player

#11 Spacekillers

Spacekillers

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:31 PM

ardougne cloak 3-4 is arguably better as it gives +6 prayer/+6 stab for more accuracy with rapier and prayer potions are really cheap right now so it doesnt matter. also onyx ring is better than zerker i for the same reason.
[URL=http://img94.imageshack.us/i/claws.png/][IMG]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3016/claws.png[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://img109.imageshack.us/i/21871582.png/][IMG]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3593/21871582.png[/IMG][/URL]
Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me. Thanks, J36miles

#12 overvoltage

overvoltage

Rawr

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

eh, frost dragons don't have the ability to drop frost dragon bones, they do drop them, 100% of the time
Comprehensive Guide to Waterfiends - Updated 1/20/12
Guide to Tormented Demons - Updated 1/20/12
Guide to Glacors - Updated 9/17/11

#13 Trinity.

Trinity.

One does not simply learn how to be relentless.

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:28 AM

*their ability at the top - grammar mistake, and what Overvoltage said.

Posted Image

#14 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:13 AM

Closed for judging. :lmao:

#15 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

Welcome to General Guides! :$

#16 Jamflexed

Jamflexed

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

if you're praying piety/turmoil, you can use a proselyte top for more prayer, since the added defence from the prayer will protect you  :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#17 CakesAreFries

CakesAreFries

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

View PostWannabe Slim, on 10 April 2011 - 10:50 AM, said:

• If you want to maximize your profit per hour, you should bring more Prayer potions and use Turmoil\Piety throughout all the trip. [TY 100jad]
I'm gonna have to call common knowledge on this one, Jad.

If you're turmoiling the frosts then don't bring more than 2 prayer potions. I turmoil the entire time and always end with at least 1/3rd of my prayer remaining (Assuming you're wearing prossy/veracs, which you should be). Leech Defense comes in handy while ranging.

Keep in mind that prayer potions restore much more at 95 than 70 while turmoil and piety have the same drain rate.

Edited by CakesAreLies, 22 May 2011 - 05:00 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 ^TakeItEZ

^TakeItEZ

• RS Name:Chill A Bit
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:-
  • Team:-

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

Very nice guide, it includes enough detail that many people will be able to understand it well. Guide makers have made a lot of progress from what they used to be. :blink:
Trust me bro... I'm fresher than commercials, double pits-to-chesty.

#19 xi Sean ix

xi Sean ix

Member Title

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:30 AM

Amazing guide! i'm using this when i get 85 Dung and become members again definately worth my +1!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Muntiax

Muntiax

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

View PostTI Sean IT, on 30 May 2011 - 02:30 AM, said:

Amazing guide! i'm using this when i get 85 Dung and become members again definately worth my +1!

agreed, i will use this when i can bother to get the 85 dung (81 atm) only 1m xp to go ...

very good guide man :D
here i am :D
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: