The Debate, Which Chaotic Is Best

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Pure Staker

Pure Staker

What's a member title?

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hey guys. I'm slowly approaching the 200k tokens needed for my first chaotic.
Which one is best, and for what?
I enjoy slayer (16m exp), bossing (I bandos occasionally, and would solo bandos with whatever I get, I don't TDS, and I DKS :D), I will also be getting 85 dungeoneering for frosts.

My stats.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Former 'THE' Clan: Knight, General, Captain, Council Member
Posted Image
Current Honoured Member
Follow Shepsidude level 138 (or 200?) Lmao

#2 CakesAreFries

CakesAreFries

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

Bossing -> Depends on boss. Armadyl/Saradomin/Nex would make a strong case for crossbow, longsword would be another good choice for this.
Bandos solo->Rapier
Don't TDS->One reason to not get maul then
DKS->No clue.
Frost->Rapier and CLS are sort of tied here because of the cannon. A higher bonus means that the CLS will give the cannon more accuracy. The rapier will most likely deal more damage though do to speed (DPS).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 coffey522

coffey522

Coff

• RS Name:Coff
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:52 PM

Rapier.

It's good for slaying, will do well at pretty much any GWD boss, good at DKs and it's amazing at frost dragons.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 zoth01

zoth01

• RS Name:crovaxx07
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

View PostCakesAreLies, on 08 April 2011 - 04:49 PM, said:

Bossing -> Depends on boss. Armadyl/Saradomin/Nex would make a strong case for crossbow, longsword would be another good choice for this.
Bandos solo->Rapier
DKS->No clue.
Frost->Rapier and CLS are sort of tied here because of the cannon. A higher bonus means that the CLS will give the cannon more accuracy. The rapier will most likely deal more damage though do to speed (DPS).

Basicly, you gonna get 15 other people saying what cakes said. For dks i heard rapier is the best, altough cls would mean higher cannon hits (especially since your cannon does so big percentage of damage there), you gonna keep switching weapons anyway.

I am everything I want to be, I am a Lucid Dreamer.

#5 Rclav

Rclav

#GetAtMe

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

Bossing CLS is a lot more useful, however if you are a slayer fanatic then obviously the rapier would be better so really depends which is more important. Had similar argument with myself.

Posted Image

#6 Moof

Moof

You're just jealous.

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:55 PM

Rapier, it's realisticly better than the others in most situations

♫♪Quit again, runescape and it's community are dead.♪♫

Moof (Main) 12 99s 138 combat
Comedy (Zerker)
90 attack 95 Strength 95 prayer 99 Range 45 Defence
My 171m PK (Outdated.)
Click here to go to my Pk gallery of over 6Billion GP
Profile Lure

#7 Gladz

Gladz

hypnotizing

• RS Name:Gladz

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:04 PM

Rapier hands down, especially for your case. With overloads and turmoil, I would say a rapier is more efficient than anything people use a CLS for. (mostly bosses)

RS HistoryRetired Global Moderator Message Me

I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

#8 Selena Gomez Twin

Selena Gomez Twin

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

View Postzoth01, on 08 April 2011 - 04:53 PM, said:

View PostCakesAreLies, on 08 April 2011 - 04:49 PM, said:

Bandos solo->Rapier
DKS->No clue.

Basicly, you gonna get 15 other people saying what cakes said. For dks i heard rapier is the best, altough cls would mean higher cannon hits (especially since your cannon does so big percentage of damage there), you gonna keep switching weapons anyway.

Frost drags are weak to stab attacks like all dragons, even with cannon, rapier is better because of that fact.  You'll end up killing them way faster with rapier then with CLS
And even with rapier, your cannon will still outhit what a yak can send back.  Often I have to leave my cannon unloaded and just kill drags with my rapier because it's too fast.  When that happens, the rapier is easily wayyyy better then cls.  I don't know about dk's, but in everything else listed, I'd say rapier is better.
"who are you" and "are you mad" merely showcase immaturity and lack of self esteem as individuals attempt to make up for the ridicule and lack of respect they receive in real life by pretending to be powerful beings behind the hidden veil of the internet
Only those who actually are mad have the need to mention that they are not mad in order to dispute and hide the true extent of their anger

Posted Image

#9 Rofldonutz

Rofldonutz

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:14 PM

I heard that the Rapier is better than CLS at Nex, is that true :o
Posted Image

#10 Selena Gomez Twin

Selena Gomez Twin

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

View PostRofldonutz, on 08 April 2011 - 10:14 PM, said:

From the teams I joined for nex, I think the maul is best there, but don't take my word for it.
"who are you" and "are you mad" merely showcase immaturity and lack of self esteem as individuals attempt to make up for the ridicule and lack of respect they receive in real life by pretending to be powerful beings behind the hidden veil of the internet
Only those who actually are mad have the need to mention that they are not mad in order to dispute and hide the true extent of their anger

Posted Image

#11 Gladz

Gladz

hypnotizing

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

View Posttwin suns 17, on 08 April 2011 - 10:36 PM, said:

From the teams I joined for nex, I think the maul is best there, but don't take my word for it.
Most teams use range with void/armadyl and ruby (e) bolts (90% of the time). Dragon claws are used on the first stage, and diamond (e) bolts are used on the last stage.

I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

#12 BABA_BO0EY

BABA_BO0EY

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:57 PM

I have LS... its a bit slow but it hits so consistently, especially with D defender. Stab against frost drags kills them very fast as well.
Posted Image

#13 Ankit

Ankit

You're looking at greatness.

• RS Name:Ankit
  • Clan:Solace

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

Rapier

Proud Solace Legendary Member
June 12, 2010 - February 14, 2013

#14 Selena Gomez Twin

Selena Gomez Twin

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:59 PM

View PostGladz, on 08 April 2011 - 10:49 PM, said:

Most teams use range with void/armadyl and ruby (e) bolts (90% of the time). Dragon claws are used on the first stage, and diamond (e) bolts are used on the last stage.

I have to disagree in part and agree in part. When I stated maul, my meaning was in relation to the 3rd stage, the blood one.  Obviously the methodolgy is d claw spec at the start.  Nowhere did I say you would use maul throughout, I was just stateing that when picking a melee weapon, I'd choose maul over rapier at Nex.  The part I disagree with is using ruby because of the capped hit.  My teams use Diamond(e) throughout because it can hit pretty much close to 500 very often, and it hits much more often because of the spec.  We find that we can last an extra kill or 2 using diamond(e) over ruby(e).  I believe one of the main established teams also use pure diamond(e) throughout though I don't remember their name at the moment.

Posted Image

#15 Gladz

Gladz

hypnotizing

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:03 AM

View Posttwin suns 17, on 08 April 2011 - 10:59 PM, said:

View PostGladz, on 08 April 2011 - 10:49 PM, said:

I have to disagree in part and agree in part. When I stated maul, my meaning was in relation to the 3rd stage, the blood one.  Obviously the methodolgy is d claw spec at the start.  Nowhere did I say you would use maul throughout, I was just stateing that when picking a melee weapon, I'd choose maul over rapier at Nex.  The part I disagree with is using ruby because of the capped hit.  My teams use Diamond(e) throughout because it can hit pretty much close to 500 very often, and it hits much more often because of the spec.  We find that we can last an extra kill or 2 using diamond(e) over ruby(e).  I believe one of the main established teams also use pure diamond(e) throughout though I don't remember their name at the moment.
Yes, we (PID) used to use that method, but we've found this method to be more efficient. Seeing as banking takes 3-5 minutes, kills per trip isn't that big of an issue. Besides, you could also see using ruby bolts (e) as killing nex faster, which essentially means taking less damage from the actual boss itself.

I'm not sure if you've heard of PID, but maybe you've heard of Batman_6125 or Legendaryjoh? Two very popular members on RSC who often nex.

Any who, sorry to get so off-topic! Continue with the debate about chaotics.  :no:

#16 Riggz

Riggz

• Clan:Ex-MM

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:07 AM

Rapier is the best overall
Maul is the best for pking

Rapier would be the best one to get as your first. It's amazing.

Posted Image

RIP Makers of Mayhem [ 2004 - 2013 ]

THE BEST PURE CLAN OF ALL TIME

#17 Mystik Bunny

Mystik Bunny

Ctrl W

• RS Name:Bianchini

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:08 AM

Just go for broke and get ccb rapier and maul

Irc~ aTent`

Irs~ Akaust, I'll help out

Posted Image

Have a qestion? Pm me and I'll try and help ya out :)

#18 Wannabe Slim

Wannabe Slim

• RS Name:Wannabe Slim

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:57 AM

If you are going to slay and frost a lot, I think cr would be the best option for you

#19 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:28 AM

99 Herblore, 99 Prayer.
Get that Rapier and destroy everyone and everything with the help of your Extreme potions and Turmoil Prayers!Posted Image
I believe you already use your extremes/overloads during slayer (don't have a huge stock of potions?), so yeah get that Rapier!

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#20 Rofldonutz

Rofldonutz

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:11 AM

Can't really comment on the other Chaotic, but I have the Rapier, and it's awesome  :no:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: