How To Get The First Hit In Staking

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#1 Episkey

Episkey

Hai

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:01 AM

POPULAR

This is a "take or leave it" topic you can either accept this information as fact, call bullcrap OR you can actually test it. I however do not need the flaming.

As predicted this topic turns into flame wars with me being accused of trying to phish people, but if those people had some sort of computer literate brain they would find you can simply hover over a link and view the destination, now i dunno about you but if i was capable of implementing a drive by/rat/keylogger on google you would think i would be doing better things with my time then playing runescape.

Disregard any post from anyone in the clan "Divine Forces", A user name De Mcfatted took a grudge to this tip straight away and has since gone and posted it on divine forces froum which has led them to a few of them coming in here and trying there best to taint this topic. For example: one divine forces user claims hes friend got banned 30 minutes after trying this. That is simply bullcrap, if players were banned for this runescape would lose about 1/10 of its economy.

Further more onto the case of All of Divine forces claiming this is spam/will get you banned whatever else, one of there members (Da Mcfatted) has since posted this:

View PostDa Mcfatted, on 22 March 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

Meh, Divine Forces made like 15b doing this before you published it, no biggy.

View PostDa Mcfatted, on 22 March 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

You know a lot our clan has been doing this since staking came back out right?

Thus you should IGNORE EVERYTHING they have said on this thread as it means very little and is 90% of the time its a straight up lie in order to try and conceal this method as much as possible.

if you are easily confused it is highly advisable you don't read this topic as you won't understand it. Also if your "-1'ing" my post please leave an explanation...

You need a friend to do this. If this is a "bug" please explain how

======================================================================================================================================

Ok, ever wondered why some people seem to always get the first hit at the duel arena no matter what you did? My prime example of this is "WinAllDay" probably the most famous staker and as you can see in his videos he always gets the first hit. Some people say its luck, some say timing, some say connection, some say location but it infact is dependant on something called your player identification number, which i will now refer to as "pid".

Your pid is decided when you log in, upon login you randomly get assigned a number between 1-2000 this number can be thought of as your "priority" number. A good example of this is drop parties, the item is sitting on the ground while you all are waiting for it to appear, it then appears and you all simultaneously click the item. How does the game decide who to give the item to? It uses the players pid's. The lowest pid will get the item because the runescape servers process players with lower pid first. It is crucial that you understand that sentence.

How does this relate to getting the first hit in staking? Lets say 2 stakers one with a pid of 578, one with a pid of 1007.

When they are both counting down 3,2,1 Fight! and both players click each other at the same time, but as you would of noticed if you stake you never hit at the exact same time as someone else, even if its a matter of milliseconds. The game decides who gets to hit first depending on the pid's of the players, so using my numbers from above the player with a pid of 578 will hit first as the runescape servers process his "attack" request first.

Lets recap a few things before we move on:

• You Player identification number (Pid) is random number between 1-2000 randomly assigned to you on login.
  • You are assigned a new pid every time you login
  • Runescape servers process requests of players with lower pid first.

Now we move on to the good stuff :P. As i said earlier there is no way to view you pid, any type of program that says it can is fake, it is however possible to view if your pid is higher or lower then another player by simply analyzing the time it takes to react to there movements when following them. If when following a player you move with them instantly (no lag) you have a lower pid then them, if there is a slight lag you have a higher pid them then. Now the brainier people reading this would already know,from what was said above, how to guarantee you have a low pid. But ill explain it all anyway.

You need a friend to be able to do this. This is not glitching or bug abusing.

Now onto how to do it, you and your friend go to any area.(Make sure it is the staking world). Doesn't matter which one of you do it but one of you follow the other and see which one of you has the lower pid (read above for how to tell). Now whoever has the lower pid stay logged in and whoever has the higher pid log out and back in again (thus resetting their pid). Now check who has the lower pid again and whoever has the lowest stay logged in while the other logs out and in (resetting their pid). Now you repeat this process for 20-30 minutes or however long you want to do it (longer = lower pid). Now if you understand everything i have said in this topic you will now know that the two players should both have relatively low pids, hence a good chance of always getting the first hit.

That's about it, Please note not all of you will understand what i have just said and this cannot be fixed, i tried to explain it as best i could.

Note: i can just feel the flames rising before even posting this which is why i feel to say i never used this method to stake, my method of staking first hit means very little, but with whipping/ddsing its about 50% of the fight.

======================================================================================================================================

PROOF THAT A SYSTEM EXISTS IN RELATION TO PLAYER PRIORITY.

This week, high-level herbalists will find a variety of new, untradeable potions at their disposal. Using your increased knowledge of the herblor skill, you will find you now have the ability to add tertiary ingredients to some potions to increase their effect.

These potions aren't just limited to stat boosts either. Have you ever wanted to take your godsword on dragon-slaying trips? Now's your chance, with the superantifire potion (at level 85). Are you approaching near mastery of the Herblore skill? If so, there’s a potion that may just ‘overload’ your entire body (at level 96) – dare you drink it?

On a side note, those who can mix the extreme magic potion will find it doesn't work in a similar way to its lower-level equivalents. When used, this potion will boost all offensive spell damage by 40% for a duration of six minutes, and will stack with magic staves that boost magic damage.

Mod Chris L
RuneScape Content Developer

In other news...

As part of the conversion of the worn interface and inventory to a newer internal file format, certain items now have clearer right-click options when using them. For example, the amulet of glory now lists the four different destinations it can take you to instead of just saying 'Operate'.

The Game Engine team have made sure the player list is now randomised to prevent priority being given to some players over others because of their IP address.

You can now navigate around the world map using arrow keys.

This is a direct copy of a news post i remember reading but could not find, i have highlighter in bold the important information.

The above news post can be found here

FURTHER EVIDENCE OF ITS EXISTENCE

Q. Does PID exist? If so, what benefits does a low PID bring to a player?

A. When the server processes players, it goes through them each in turn. If you are first in the list, you get processed first. In early versions of Classic, you always got put at the end of the list (if I remember rightly), so if you stayed logged in you would end up at the beginning of the list eventually. Being processed first meant you could catch up with people more easily when following them, which gave an advantage particularly in the wilderness with PVP. A low PID means you were at the beginning of the list, high PIDs were at the end.
This is no longer true, as you are now placed in a random place in the list and everyone else is shuffled up, so you don’t retain the same PID throughout your session. This makes things much fairer.

The above quote can be found in this Q&A

========================================================================================================================

VIDEO SHOWING HOW TO DETERMINE IF PID IS HIGHER OR LOWER THEN ANOTHER PLAYER

[url="]

STOKENUT EXPLAINING IT WITH VOICE OVER VIDEO RELEASED 24TH MARCH

[url="]

thought id just post this for all the idiots saying this is fake whatever because for some reason if someone famous says it they automatically believe it to be true. However if someone unknown says it the question it and flame and rant and carry on.He goes into a bit of a rant about jagex in the 2nd half of the video, i agree with his thoughts but please don't mention it on this topic as it is uneeded input

Edited by Stake Fiend, 26 March 2011 - 05:00 AM.

Maxed on the 1st of May 2012
Completionist Cape on the 16th of August 2012

#2 Sector Six

Sector Six
  • RS Name:Sector Six
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:10 AM

Eye opening, I don't understand server fundamentals at all but this pid system kind of seems unfair in terms of staking when getting first hit may come down to losing or winning (not in all but some cases). This guide if you'd call it that kind of finds ways around it, but it is not that easily done & i'm quite sure there is only a select amount of players who know of this let alone know how to get around it.

Edited by Sector Six, 21 March 2011 - 05:14 AM.

Global Moderator
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
AOTM/ASC Leader x Achievements Co-Leader x Multimedia & Design Leader
My inbox is always open, feel free to PM me any issues or questions you may have.
Posted Image

#3 Episkey

Episkey

Hai

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:17 AM

View PostSector Six, on 21 March 2011 - 05:10 AM, said:

Eye opening, I don't understand server fundamentals at all but this pid system kind of seems unfair in terms of staking when getting first hit may come down to losing or winning (not in all but some cases). This guide if you'd call it that kind of finds ways around it, but it is not that easily done & i'm quite sure there is only a select amount of players who know of this let alone know how to get around it.

It is the fairest system they cane come up with at least its better then the other system, the old system (pre trade limit) used to assign your pid dpending on your ip address. So at least this system is random.

#4 naughty bart

naughty bart

• RS Status:Member

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:17 AM

Everyone shouldn't know this.

#5 Sector Six

Sector Six

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:19 AM

View PostStake., on 21 March 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:

It is the fairest system they cane come up with at least its better then the other system, the old system (pre trade limit) used to assign your pid dpending on your ip address. So at least this system is random.
I guess the ip one was unfair, people can easily get around that one as well if they wanted to try by using proxy's and ip masking software but I guess this system is more hidden as you can't exactly tell what yours is at where as with the ip players can almost choose.

Jagex should really display something that talks about the system they have in place on the rs knowledge base or something as it may be considered vital information to some people.

Edited by Sector Six, 21 March 2011 - 05:21 AM.

Global Moderator
My inbox is always open, feel free to PM me any issues or questions you may have.
Posted Image

#6 Episkey

Episkey

Hai

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:21 AM

View PostSector Six, on 21 March 2011 - 05:19 AM, said:

View PostStake., on 21 March 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:

I guess the ip one was unfair, people can easily get around that one as well if they wanted to try by using proxy's and ip masking software but I guess this system is more hidden as you can't exactly tell what yours is at where as with the ip players can almost choose.

Jagex should really display something that talks about the system they have in place on the rs knowledge base or something as it may be considered vital information to some people.
Exactly, alot of players did change their ip's

Edited by Stake., 21 March 2011 - 05:22 AM.

#7 Saxo

Saxo

• RS Name:Saxo

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:26 AM

POPULAR

And this is why people shouldnt leak it to every single person they know

Edited by Saxo, 21 March 2011 - 05:26 AM.

#8 GameShark

GameShark

#1 Boxxy fan

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:26 AM

very interesting! good job i can use this.
Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.
Thanks, bolshevik

#9 Sector Six

Sector Six

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:29 AM

View PostSaxo, on 21 March 2011 - 05:26 AM, said:

I knew so many people would get mad and reply with something like this and I'm sure 'Stake' expected it as well, stuff like this will never stay secret it's always going to get around going from one person to another, but sure this is probably speeding up the process a little, it's only making things fairer in all reality..

Global Moderator
Posted Image

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:29 AM

interesting, looks good to say the least.

#11 Da Mcfatted

Da Mcfatted

• RS Name:Da Mcfatted
  • Team:SA20

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:32 AM

<P>Edit: Works, shame kid leaked. Enjoy.</P>

Edited by Da Mcfatted, 26 March 2011 - 10:24 AM.

#12 scorpi11

scorpi11

sHoW sToPpA

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:32 AM

You either have a very creative imagination or just have way too much time on your hands, I'm calling bs!  :lmao:

|| DF Since 5th July 2006 ||

|| http://rs-df.com/ima....SwBX3DYRXt.gif [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.] DF Council || PB Officer ||

#13 Episkey

Episkey

Hai

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:36 AM

View PostSaxo, on 21 March 2011 - 05:26 AM, said:

Ive known this for a long time, i found it out due to playing castle wars and someone telling me about catching players. I am sharing it here because every 3rd person is using it now since it started getting sold on the black market when trade limit was re-released which eventually lead to mass leaking.

View PostDa Mcfatted, on 21 March 2011 - 05:32 AM, said:

You know they removed that system when they re-coded Free trade in February right?

Nice edit, but don't think i will be "killing myself" and it wasn't removed.

View Postscorpi11, on 21 March 2011 - 05:32 AM, said:

You either have a very creative imagination or just have way too much time on your hands, I'm calling bs! :lmao:

:P Test it if you want.

#14 Saxo

Saxo

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:39 AM

Just tried it out and its random lol? I got first one fight then didnt the next against the same person. Its based on your connection probably.

The Pid thing only works for classic, not RS2

#15 Episkey

Episkey

Hai

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:40 AM

View Postplat0, on 21 March 2011 - 05:36 AM, said:

Lol no, this is just your random theory, there's no proof whatsoever, this is all bullcrap and a waste of time without proof/. And lol at the logging out will reset pid, reset to what? if you don't even know how your pid is assigned to you, what's the point of logging out and "reset" it, if we do like you said, basically you just re-log hoping the "slight lag" will dissappear (ah now you assume that if you followed "instantly", your pid is lower than the other guy), ok define these "slight lag" and "instantly follow", unless you can come up with a system that separate which is which, this is totally bullcrap and useless. Did you just pull this crap out of your butt or something. Geez stop taking drug dude you must be hallucinated.

And you got fact wrong, it is possible in a duel that 2 hits at same time, I've had quite a few like that, your char doesn't seem to attack but the numbers still appear. It's the ending hit that is somehow determined by jagex.

P.S: I lose faith in humanity and the theory of evolution when I see some people actually "accept" this stupid theory without proof/testing mesures. LOL

this:

And you got fact wrong, it is possible in a duel that 2 hits at same time, I've had quite a few like that, your char doesn't seem to attack but the numbers still appear. It's the ending hit that is somehow determined by jagex.

Nothign else needs to be said, as you believe that

#16 Recruit011

Recruit011

Enjoyed time is not wasted time.

• RS Name:Recruit011

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:42 AM

View PostStake Fiend, on 21 March 2011 - 05:01 AM, said:

Your pid is decided when you log in, upon login you randomly get assigned a number between 1-2000 this number can be thought of as your "priority" number

Wouldn't the numbers be assigned sequentially? I'm only thinking this because say for example:

Player 1 logs in and is assigned PID 1.
Player 2 logs in and is assigned PID 1000.

Wouldn't the engine have to process the 999 PIDs in between (even if they may be blank)? Which makes for inefficient and ineffective processing of data.
Intel i5 2500K | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
Asus ATI Radeon HD 6950 DirectCU II 2GB
12GB 1333mhz RAM (2x4GB + 2x2GB) | WD 500GB HDD
Corsair Builder Series CX 600W V2 | Xigmatek Asgard

#17 Episkey

Episkey

Hai

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:42 AM

View PostSaxo, on 21 March 2011 - 05:39 AM, said:

Just tried it out and its random lol? I got first one fight then didnt the next against the same person. Its based on your connection probably.

You can say whatever you want, but i guarantee you this is fact

#18 Episkey

Episkey

Hai

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:43 AM

View PostRecruit011, on 21 March 2011 - 05:42 AM, said:

View PostStake Fiend, on 21 March 2011 - 05:01 AM, said:

Your pid is decided when you log in, upon login you randomly get assigned a number between 1-2000 this number can be thought of as your "priority" number

Wouldn't the numbers be assigned sequentially? I'm only thinking this because say for example:

Player 1 logs in and is assigned PID 1.
Player 2 logs in and is assigned PID 1000.

Wouldn't the engine have to process the 999 PIDs in between (even if they may be blank)? Which makes for inefficient and ineffective processing of data.

it only resorts to pid when players do the same action at the same time

#19 Tigers Go Ra

Tigers Go Ra

• RS Name:Tigers Go Ra

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:43 AM

Wasn't there some crap like this for Castle wars doors or something

Posted Image
Fire Cape Pro
Violent Resoultion Future App
Former Corruption App Manager
~Former Sabre Elite~
~Sabre Pride ~
-Crosses Sabres-

#20 Saxo

Saxo

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:44 AM

View PostStake Fiend, on 21 March 2011 - 05:42 AM, said:

View PostSaxo, on 21 March 2011 - 05:39 AM, said:

You can say whatever you want, but i guarantee you this is fact
Ok explain how I got first on a friend in the first fight, then in the second he got first on me? We both stayed logged in.

Nice fact you have, should just be deleted since it doesn't work..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: