Best Weapon For Defence And Str Training

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bre

Bre

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

I have 50M to spend.. I'm going to train my str and def to 99.. Currently at 96 str and 84 def.

What type of weapon should I buy for fast training? Godsword? What kind of godsword?

What should I train on?

Edited by qwertyqwertyqwerty, 04 March 2011 - 01:46 PM.

#2 Dominikus76

Dominikus76

ex player

• RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Forsaken

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:45 PM

Def - whip+dragon defeder
Str - saradomin sword or dragon scimy+dragon defender

Posted Image

Posted Image

Best maxed melee F2P Pker

former Forsaken elite member

ex Violent Resolution retired member

#3 Shadowandy

Shadowandy

Ba-Ba Boomkin!

• RS Name:Shadowandy
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:46 PM

You should definitely buy a Sara Sword (Not Sara Godsword) for Strength training. As for training Defence a Whip is probably your best option. Godswords are too slow for effective Combat XP but are useful for Slayer and Bosses.

#4 Jaadee

Jaadee

R.I.P. Beanie

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:49 PM

Whip for defense and SaraSword for strength.

Xp with gs is a little lower per hour compared to SaraSword last time I checked.

#ClwLures Exclusive #1 lurers

Click here to see our 40Bil Lure Gallery

#5 zoth01

zoth01

• RS Name:crovaxx07
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

View PostShadowandy, on 04 March 2011 - 01:46 PM, said:

You should definitely buy a Sara Sword (Not Sara Godsword) for Strength training. As for training Defence a Whip is probably your best option. Godswords are too slow for effective Combat XP but are useful for Slayer and Bosses.

Don't buy a godsword. For slayer, sgs uses about 55mil (around i cant reember the price exactly) and you don't need it's spec, because most of slayer tasks offer no challenge that you need such potent healing source. EE + bunyip works just as good.

For bosses, even worse. Take graardor for example. People like to say sgs is good, or ags aswell. But they are awfull. Graardor has a huge defence to actually grant you a high hit for sgs, so the best way to use it would be at minions. But with minions you can easily soulsplit. If you can't, you can get a EEE for 10 times less cash and as good results (because its always reliable 400hp healing). The prayer is hardly a problem in there. If you spent half and got claws, you'd make more kills aswell, even considering that you wouldn't have the sgs healing.

Only buy a godsword if you don't got cash to spend in other things (like taking bgs to corp for example).

About the weapon: saradomin is always the best option for strength, especially because you can sell it later, but it won't make a huge difference if you use a korasi or d scimmy. But since you got 50mil, sure why not. For defense, whip totally. Remember aswell that using super pots save you loads of times in the run. About monsters, the best option is armoured zombies, which require the quest defender of varrock (sorry cooking dinner atm can't link lol). Gl  :whistle:

I am everything I want to be, I am a Lucid Dreamer.

#6 Jack Midway

Jack Midway

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

Chaotic rapier is the best for training if you are up for some dung.
Posted Image
Little Monster forever <3

#7 Thunder9

Thunder9

tits

• RS Name:Thundergay
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:13 PM

The first post had the best setup in terms of weapons.

DO NOT under any circumstances use a Godsword to train.  They are way to slow to even earn 1/2 of the experience you would normally be getting.  I only recommend AGS for its special or SGS to heal if you are fighting bandits.

#8 Azeem1992

Azeem1992

L33T

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:55 PM

Str - Dragon Scimitar + Dragon Defender
Everything else melee - Abyssal Whip/Chaotic Rapier + Dragon Defender
Posted Image

#9 CakesAreFries

CakesAreFries

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:38 AM

Ranked from best to worst. Assumes that offhand is Dragon Defender.

Chaotic Rapier (DG)
Chaotic Longsword (DG)
Chaotic Maul (2H)(DG)
Abyssal Whip (No Strength)
Korasi's Sword
Saradomin Sword (2H)
Dragon Scimitar
Godsword (2H)
Dragon Longsword

DG = Requires Dungeoneering lv 80
2H = Two Handed
No Strength should be fairly obvious

Edit: I notice people suggesting spec weapons above. The only godsword that can't be replaced by a better, newer weapon is the Zamorak Godsword. No other melee weapon freezes, but that's useless for training.

If you need to deal big damage, Dragon Claws and Dragon Daggers are the most common options. The Dragon Mace is used if your enemy has a large slash/stab defense and low crush, but that's rare.
For healing, Enhanced Excalibur is the best. Although it doesn't give prayer back, it reliably heals 200 (400 w/ elite) LP and boosts defense.

Edited by CakesAreLies, 05 March 2011 - 01:42 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: