15 replies to this topic

#1 hughes0001

hughes0001

• RS Name:Free Ale
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:none

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:43 PM

Could someone please list all of the locations for me?  :thumbsup:

Also could tell me if it is worth it to use the "north" & "south" patches but the herb patches? If so what should I plant at 70 farming?

Thank you for your time!

#2 pancakes to go

pancakes to go

Typically Obnoxious

• RS Name:SoapboxOpera
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:56 PM

Trees- Falador park, Varrock castle (eastern area), Lumbridge west of castle, Gnome Stronghold right near banks in the southwest area, Taverly by the balloon near the ivy right next to the wall

Fruit trees- Brimhaven next to chartered boats and ferry from Ardougne, Catherby far east along beach right next to mountain, Gnome stronghold east of spirit tree, Gnome village follow Elkoy out and then head southwest a bit, Lletya (too tiny a space to really give directions). As pointed out below I did forget the Herblore Habitat one, which I've never actually bothered to use for some reason so it slipped my mind.

Hope this helps

Edited by pancakes to go, 22 February 2011 - 03:28 PM.

Can you have two lazy eyes or does one have to be lazier than the other?

Plants crave electrolytes.
Brawndo has electrolytes.
Brawndo has what plants crave!

#3 zoth01

zoth01

• RS Name:crovaxx07
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:58 PM

Lazy  :-)

Check this for the location of all patches.

The north and south patches are allotment patches. Not many people use them for experience, but if you got the extra minutes per hour, sure go ahead.

At lvl70 farming, i'd advice planting the best trees/fruits trees you can afford, while farming snapdragons to compensate for the costs. Don't forget to use supercompost in all patches, and protect the trees with farmer payments.

Edit: to the poster above, you forgot the herblore habitat fruit tree patch  :thumbsup:

Edited by zoth01, 22 February 2011 - 12:59 PM.

I am everything I want to be, I am a Lucid Dreamer.

#4 hughes0001

hughes0001

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:07 PM

View Postzoth01, on 22 February 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

Lazy  :$

The north and south patches are allotment patches. Not many people use them for experience, but if you got the extra minutes per hour, sure go ahead.

At lvl70 farming, i'd advice planting the best trees/fruits trees you can afford, while farming snapdragons to compensate for the costs. Don't forget to use supercompost in all patches, and protect the trees with farmer payments.

Edit: to the poster above, you forgot the herblore habitat fruit tree patch  :thumbsup:
damn straight on the lazy  :-)

uhmm.. should I use snaps in all patches? I use avantoe in all except the disease free which I use snaps

#5 Ruined

Ruined

fightoffyourdemons

• RS Name:Dear Ruined

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

View Posthughes0001, on 22 February 2011 - 01:07 PM, said:

View Postzoth01, on 22 February 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

Lazy :$

Edit: to the poster above, you forgot the herblore habitat fruit tree patch :thumbsup:
damn straight on the lazy :-)

uhmm.. should I use snaps in all patches? I use avantoe in all except the disease free which I use snaps

Toadflax work well also. Adding onto the herblore habitat, if you plan on using that fruit tree, there is a herb patch there also.
Are you thinking of me when you're putting on your makeup,
darling, and dying your hair like you do
Well you're wasting time if you're trying to impress me
I waste all my time just thinking of you

#6 zoth01

zoth01

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

I don't know why ppl talk so much about toadflaxes  :-) Snapdragons are far superior to any herb (maybe with the exception of torstol, but that's a highly risky herb) because if you compare them to "safe" herbs like toadflax, and plant like a 1k sample of them (aka, if you're doing around 1 month of casual farming), you will do far more profit with snapdragons, even taking into the consideration the death seeds. If this is a proven fact, why would people advice on taking a less profitable seed, that even gives less experience  :$ ?

So, snapdragon in all patches > any other herbs, aslong you use supercompost. Having scroll of life and even more profit.

Oh a last thing. I'd recommend planting a cactus in alkarid patch, since it gives a good money (like 12k extra each time you do herb run), and this add to alot of quite in a few time. Plant aswell marigolds (don't forget to water them after planting, once is enough). After some weeks of farming, i have cash to buy another 1k of supercompost (which is over 1mil), or simply to waste it on tree seeds  :thumbsup:

Edited by zoth01, 22 February 2011 - 01:20 PM.

#7 hughes0001

hughes0001

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

View Postpancakes to go, on 22 February 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

Trees- Falador park, Varrock castle (eastern area), Lumbridge west of castle, Gnome Stronghold right near banks in the southwest area, Taverly by the balloon near the ivy right next to the wall

Fruit trees- Brimhaven next to chartered boats and ferry from Ardougne, Catherby far east along beach right next to mountain, Gnome stronghold east of spirit tree, Gnome village follow Elkoy out and then head southwest a bit, Lletya (too tiny a space to really give directions)

Hope this helps
Thank you for this :)

View Postzoth01, on 22 February 2011 - 01:19 PM, said:

I don't know why ppl talk so much about toadflaxes  :-) Snapdragons are far superior to any herb (maybe with the exception of torstol, but that's a highly risky herb) because if you compare them to "safe" herbs like toadflax, and plant like a 1k sample of them (aka, if you're doing around 1 month of casual farming), you will do far more profit with snapdragons, even taking into the consideration the death seeds. If this is a proven fact, why would people advice on taking a less profitable seed, that even gives less experience  :$ ?

So, snapdragon in all patches > any other herbs, aslong you use supercompost. Having scroll of life and even more profit.

Oh a last thing. I'd recommend planting a cactus in alkarid patch, since it gives a good money (like 12k extra each time you do herb run), and this add to alot of quite in a few time. Plant aswell marigolds (don't forget to water them after planting, once is enough). After some weeks of farming, i have cash to buy another 1k of supercompost (which is over 1mil), or simply to waste it on tree seeds  :thumbsup:
So even though I will have some die, the exp and cash will still be better? I also have the Scroll of life!

OHOHOHOH.. Also how do I remove a Scarecrow?

#8 zoth01

zoth01

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

View Posthughes0001, on 22 February 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

View Postpancakes to go, on 22 February 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

Fruit trees- Brimhaven next to chartered boats and ferry from Ardougne, Catherby far east along beach right next to mountain, Gnome stronghold east of spirit tree, Gnome village follow Elkoy out and then head southwest a bit, Lletya (too tiny a space to really give directions)

Hope this helps
Thank you for this :)

View Postzoth01, on 22 February 2011 - 01:19 PM, said:

I don't know why ppl talk so much about toadflaxes  :$ Snapdragons are far superior to any herb (maybe with the exception of torstol, but that's a highly risky herb) because if you compare them to "safe" herbs like toadflax, and plant like a 1k sample of them (aka, if you're doing around 1 month of casual farming), you will do far more profit with snapdragons, even taking into the consideration the death seeds. If this is a proven fact, why would people advice on taking a less profitable seed, that even gives less experience  :huh: ?

So even though I will have some die, the exp and cash will still be better? I also have the Scroll of life!

OHOHOHOH.. Also how do I remove a Scarecrow?

Erm, try using a spade on it  :wub: ?

Yes, the death rate of seeds is around 60%, reduced to 30% with supercompost not sure about the exact rates. Anyway, snapdragon is better indeed even with dead seeds  :-)

And don't mind ruined on the herblore habitat herb patch, he probably forgot it doesn't work for ordinary herbs  :$

#9 Michaël

Michaël

Nothing interesting happens.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

There are currently 6 fruit tree patches, 5 tree patches and 5 herb patches. Most people have a certain order to complete them, so I'll list my run here so you can adjust it to your own good.

1. The herblore habitat fruit tree patch

Just use a juju teleport (1k from the ge) and you'll be teleported near the first fruit tree patch. You can't use the patch if you are using it for herblore habitat though

2. Lletya fruit tree patch

Teleport in with a crystal and farm away  :thumbsup:

3. Brimhaven fruit tree patch

Ardougne teleport, take the boat to Brimhaven and you should find the next fruit tree patch right near the pier. If you are planting papaya trees, you can run a little further south and ask Dell Monti for 40 pineapples a day (= payment for the papayas) if you've done the Karamja achievement diaries. If you get level 72 farming, you can run a little further south to Tai bwo wannai and plant a calquat tree there too (Well worth it, they give 12k exp for a reasonable price)

4. Tree gnome stronghold fruit tree + tree patch

Teleport to mobilising armies and use the spirit tree there to go to the gnome stronghold. A little east of the tree is the next fruit tree patch and if you go southwest there will be a tree patch.

5. Tree gnome village fruit tree patch

Take the spirit tree again to the tree gnome village, follow Elkoy through the maze and go a little south west, there's the next patch.

6. Catherby fruit tree patch + herb patch.

Use the glider to the grand tree that got there recently with the latest quest (I saw you did nearly all quests, so teleportations shouldn't be a problem) and fly from the grand tree to white wolf mountain. Run south and near the shore is the latest fruit tree patch. After that, go west to the bank and withdraw all your herb stuff: seeds, farming tools, magic secateurs, supercompost, falador shield (3) and so on. Run north east a bit and you'll see the first herb patch. Again, if you've done the achievement diaries from Seers village, you can talk to arhein (on the pier near the bank) for 40 pineapples if you use papayas.

7. Troll stronghold herb patch

After that, teleport to trollheim mountain and get off the mountain. Run west past the trolls, then north and enter the cave there. In the cave you go south a little, through a door and then north again (there's som troll captains there) and there will be a ladder. Get up the ladder and you'll see the next patch, this one is disease free.

8. Ectofuntus herb patch

Teleport to the ectofunctus using the ectophial and run west, past the farm to the next patch.

9. Ardougne herb patch

Either use your ardougne cape from the ardy achievement diaries to tele to the patch or teleport to ardougne and run north, then east to the next farming patch.

10. herb patch south of Falador

Teleport just south of the patch with an explorers ring or use a glory to tele to draynor. The patch is right near the farm south of Falador.

11. Lumbridge tree patch

Teleport to a bank and withdraw your trees. Then teleport to Lumbridge and behind the castle you'll find the first tree patch.

12. Varrock tree patch

Teleport to Varrock and run to the castle. The tree patch is just south east of the castle.

13. Falador patch

Teleport to falador and run east into the garden, the next tree patch is close to Sir Tiffy Cashien.

Taverly tree patch

Either use a chipped house tab to taverly or run to Taverly from Falador. The latest patch is right behind the summoning shop there.

Voila, you're done. As for the 'north' and 'south' patches, If you are willing to plant anything there, you should plant watermelons. These provide decent experience but they are however quite expensive and sometimes they can be quite a hassle. I prefer not to do them, as farming trees daily gets you enough experience already. If you're wondering what trees/fruit trees/herbs to plant, I'd say willows-papayas-ranarrs would work out fine at your level. Papayas are relatively cheap and give 6k exp per tree and the payment is quite easy to get. Willow trees don't even need payment, a bucket of supercompost will do in most cases. At level 70, the rate of dying is rather low for willows. And for the herbs, most people stated above you could use snapdragons, but sometimes the death rate may be problematic. I always use ranarrs and a snap in the un-diseasable patch at Trollheim.

Posted Image

#10 zoth01

zoth01

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

View PostMichaël, on 22 February 2011 - 01:28 PM, said:

Voila, you're done. As for the 'north' and 'south' patches, If you are willing to plant anything there, you should plant watermelons. These provide decent experience but they are however quite expensive and sometimes they can be quite a hassle. I prefer not to do them, as farming trees daily gets you enough experience already. If you're wondering what trees/fruit trees/herbs to plant, I'd say willows-papayas-ranarrs would work out fine at your level. Papayas are relatively cheap and give 6k exp per tree and the payment is quite easy to get. Willow trees don't even need payment, a bucket of supercompost will do in most cases. At level 70, the rate of dying is rather low for willows. And for the herbs, most people stated above you could use snapdragons, but sometimes the death rate may be problematic. I always use ranarrs and a snap in the un-diseasable patch at Trollheim.

At level 70, the rate of dying is rather low for willows: Wrong. farming lvl doesn't affect the dying rate of anything.
most people stated above you could use snapdragons: exactly the opposite, everyone talks about toadflax, but we all know how much more profitable snapdragons are. Feel free to see the proof in a spreadsheet.

Edited by zoth01, 22 February 2011 - 01:37 PM.

#11 Michaël

Michaël

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

View Postzoth01, on 22 February 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

View PostMichaël, on 22 February 2011 - 01:28 PM, said:

At level 70, the rate of dying is rather low for willows: Wrong. farming lvl doesn't affect the dying rate of anything.
most people stated above you could use snapdragons: exactly the opposite, everyone talks about toadflax, but we all know how much more profitable snapdragons are. Feel free to see the proof in a spreadsheet.

Okay, then the rate of dying is just low, level or no level. As for the snapdragons: Everyone says toadflax, but you all know that snaps are better?  :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#12 zoth01

zoth01

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

View PostMichaël, on 22 February 2011 - 01:42 PM, said:

Okay, then the rate of dying is just low, level or no level. As for the snapdragons: Everyone says toadflax, but you all know that snaps are better?  :thumbsup:

Sorry. 90% of people say toadflax (search the answers in topics with these questions), but all people that can calculate the profit, knows snapdragons are better  :-)

#13 Michaël

Michaël

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

View Postzoth01, on 22 February 2011 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostMichaël, on 22 February 2011 - 01:42 PM, said:

Sorry. 90% of people say toadflax (search the answers in topics with these questions), but all people that can calculate the profit, knows snapdragons are better  :-)
Then we agree  :$

Posted Image

#14 I am Nyu

I am Nyu

Nyu!

• RS Name:Nyu Nyu
  • Clan:DGS

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:56 PM

Snapdragons for profit, best herb (except Tortstol unless you're using Juju pots.. and even then...these are for XP not profit really..) for XP. Farming is a long term thing not something you do 1 time and never again. If an herb dies, it will be balance out by a great run further down the road. Even with all of the deaths Snapdragon are the most profitable, people in this game just think short term. It's the exact reason why I have an "Efficiency Matters" tip in my signature. To remind people....

If you're going to use the allotments you'd best be planting Watermelon. Nothing else is worth the havest time. Meaning I can teleport to Vinesweeper, flag a few spots, and end up with more XP than you got for harvesting your Strawberry patch in the same time.  :thumbsup:

If you want a bit more profit plant Limpwurt seeds. They are sometimes more profitable than Marigolds, but also give more XP.

If you ever get into planting higher level trees, don't do Yews:Papaya. Maples:Palm give better XP and are cheaper.

Protect all trees. Always. They take a while to grow and (outside of Yews and Willows) the protection price is almost always a fraction of the cost of a new seed. You can bring the protection cost noted and it's possible to do an entire Tree run with 4 spots taken up with non-farm related things and still not need to bank. If you have a 28 spot inventory you'll be fine for sure.

Edited by I am Nyu, 22 February 2011 - 01:57 PM.

We're seeking the [truth], "We do not care if it is a lie". As if we can see right through it, we follow it along.

@NyusFeed | YouTube

Posted Image

#15 hughes0001

hughes0001

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

View PostI am Nyu, on 22 February 2011 - 01:56 PM, said:

Snapdragons for profit, best herb (except Tortstol unless you're using Juju pots.. and even then...these are for XP not profit really..) for XP. Farming is a long term thing not something you do 1 time and never again. If an herb dies, it will be balance out by a great run further down the road. Even with all of the deaths Snapdragon are the most profitable, people in this game just think short term. It's the exact reason why I have an "Efficiency Matters" tip in my signature. To remind people....

If you're going to use the allotments you'd best be planting Watermelon. Nothing else is worth the havest time. Meaning I can teleport to Vinesweeper, flag a few spots, and end up with more XP than you got for harvesting your Strawberry patch in the same time.  :wub:

If you want a bit more profit plant Limpwurt seeds. They are sometimes more profitable than Marigolds, but also give more XP.

If you ever get into planting higher level trees, don't do Yews:Papaya. Maples:Palm give better XP and are cheaper.

Protect all trees. Always. They take a while to grow and (outside of Yews and Willows) the protection price is almost always a fraction of the cost of a new seed. You can bring the protection cost noted and it's possible to do an entire Tree run with 4 spots taken up with non-farm related things and still not need to bank. If you have a 28 spot inventory you'll be fine for sure.
The great 'I am Nyu' posted on my measly topic :) I have read all your guides/tips and I love em! Thanks for the response..

Also thank you everyone else  :wub: i don't have enough +1 for you all sadly  :lmao: But you all deserver it! Thanks again

I will be doing pineapple and willows(These are seeds I received from MTK) and I'm going to try a few runs of all snaps and check!!

#16 SerendipityLost

SerendipityLost

• RS Name:Auralia
  • Clan:Clanless

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

Never pay for farmers to protect yews, it's simply not worth it, seeing the current price of cactus spines -.-

Plant pineapples in your fruit tree patches, cheap and paps are quite expensive/exp (almost double I think?). Plant snaps in herbs to make up for the cost of the tree seeds and plant anything you want in your allotment patches (I'd suggest strawberries or watermelon).

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: