Jump to content


Grand Exchange Limits.


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Scarz

Scarz

    Member

  • Posts:201
  • Joined:08-July 10
  • RS Name:Sir Scarz
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

*
POPULAR

I'm sure, to some of you, this may be common knowledge by now, however I did not know of this myself until I was told by a friend; so I am going to post this in the hope that this will still help inform some out there who have not yet been updated on how the new Grand Exchange limits actually work.

Before Free Trade.

- You could only buy a certain amount of an item per 4 hours.
- The amount you could buy depended on the items that you were buying.
- You had to wait 4 hours before you could sell these items.

After Free Trade (Now)

- There are still 4 hour limits, depending on how many of one item you buy.
- The amount you can buy depends on what it is you're buying.

The Change!
- You CAN, however sell these items before the 4 hour limit.


If, per say, you were to buy an Armadyl Godsword;
- There are no limits as to how many you can buy; this as long as you sell them, and don't hold more than 10 at any given time.
- You can choose to buy 10 in one go, but cannot buy any more until you have sold them, however if you only choose to sell 1; you are still able to buy another 1 back.
- You will still have to wait 4 hours to buy an 11th Armadyl Godsword.

------------------------------

I hope this will help some of you, and I apologise if any if this information is wrong; this is how I understand it to work.
Please comment if you would like me to add the number of how many items (for each item) you can buy per 4 hours.
Thanks.  :thumbsup:

Posted Image


#2 STL_314

STL_314

    Member

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

pretty common knowledge.

#3 zoth01

zoth01

    Member

  • Posts:3,363
  • Joined:20-December 06
  • RS Name:crovaxx07
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

This would be a good tip in the first days of free trade, but many people are aware of this now, so it's common knowledge. Hope it still helps someone  :thumbsup:

I am everything I want to be, I am a Lucid Dreamer.


#4 Scarz

Scarz

    Member

  • Posts:201
  • Joined:08-July 10
  • RS Name:Sir Scarz
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:42 PM

View Postzoth01, on 20 February 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

This would be a good tip in the first days of free trade, but many people are aware of this now, so it's common knowledge. Hope it still helps someone  :thumbsup:

Yeh that's what I thought, I was pretty sure most would know.
However I figured nobody had posted it yet and saw an oppurtunity to maybe even inform just one person.
:$

Posted Image


#5 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

    Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

I actually didn't know that the sell back limit had been removed.  Course I have been fairly inactive so not surprising i didn't know this lol.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image


#6 Medo

Medo

    Member

  • Posts:1,079
  • Joined:16-November 06
  • RS Name:Medo Z G
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

View PostScarz, on 20 February 2011 - 03:26 PM, said:

The Change!
- You CAN, however sell these items before the 4 hour limit.


If, per say, you were to buy an Armadyl Godsword;
- There are no limits as to how many you can buy; this as long as you sell them, and don't hold more than 10 at any given time.
- You can choose to buy 10 in one go, but cannot buy any more until you have sold them, however if you only choose to sell 1; you are still able to buy another 1 back.
- You will still have to wait 4 hours to buy an 11th Armadyl Godsword.


This part makes absolutely no sense,you are saying that if you buy 10 ags and then sell one that you can buy another one and then you say that you must wait 4 hours to buy it,it's same as it used to be,only change is that you can sell items right after you buy them so you can buy 10 ags and sell them 5 minutes later
Posted Image

Mamiću odlazi!

#7 Jim

Jim

    I'm constant like the seasons. I will never be forgotten.

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

In my experience with the new GE if you put your offer for over the +5% you can resell within the 4 hour limit.  Also now if you buy above the +5% you can sell to players and still be able to rebuy the item in GE.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image


#8 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

    Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

View Postmedo, on 20 February 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

View PostScarz, on 20 February 2011 - 03:26 PM, said:

The Change!
- You CAN, however sell these items before the 4 hour limit.


If, per say, you were to buy an Armadyl Godsword;
- There are no limits as to how many you can buy; this as long as you sell them, and don't hold more than 10 at any given time.
- You can choose to buy 10 in one go, but cannot buy any more until you have sold them, however if you only choose to sell 1; you are still able to buy another 1 back.
- You will still have to wait 4 hours to buy an 11th Armadyl Godsword.


This part makes absolutely no sense,you are saying that if you buy 10 ags and then sell one that you can buy another one and then you say that you must wait 4 hours to buy it,it's same as it used to be,only change is that you can sell items right after you buy them so you can buy 10 ags and sell them 5 minutes later
What he is saying is that you can only buy 10 total but if you sell 1 you can buy another 1 immediately.  Meaning you can technically buy an infinite number but have no more than 10 on you until 4 hours have passed.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image


#9 zoth01

zoth01

    Member

  • Posts:3,363
  • Joined:20-December 06
  • RS Name:crovaxx07
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

View Postmedo, on 20 February 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

View PostScarz, on 20 February 2011 - 03:26 PM, said:

The Change!
- You CAN, however sell these items before the 4 hour limit.


If, per say, you were to buy an Armadyl Godsword;
- There are no limits as to how many you can buy; this as long as you sell them, and don't hold more than 10 at any given time.
- You can choose to buy 10 in one go, but cannot buy any more until you have sold them, however if you only choose to sell 1; you are still able to buy another 1 back.
- You will still have to wait 4 hours to buy an 11th Armadyl Godsword.


This part makes absolutely no sense,you are saying that if you buy 10 ags and then sell one that you can buy another one and then you say that you must wait 4 hours to buy it,it's same as it used to be,only change is that you can sell items right after you buy them so you can buy 10 ags and sell them 5 minutes later

What he was trying to say is that you can buy and sell how many ags you want, aslong as you don't possess more than 10. But seemed a bit confusing  :thumbsup:

I am everything I want to be, I am a Lucid Dreamer.


#10 Exo Shock

Exo Shock

    Pyromaniac

  • Posts:807
  • Joined:30-March 10
  • RS Name:Exo Shock
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

Lets say I buy 10 AGS from GE and I sell all of them back. Do I still need to wait 4 hours before I can buy another one?

#11 Mmmusic

Mmmusic

    Member

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:38 PM

I thought it was a bug so i reported it to jagex and it doesnt work for me anymore but maybe i just buy and sell wrong items

#12 reddit

reddit

    Junior Member

  • Posts:20
  • Joined:21-February 11
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:08 PM

View PostChiparikh, on 21 February 2011 - 12:34 PM, said:

Lets say I buy 10 AGS from GE and I sell all of them back. Do I still need to wait 4 hours before I can buy another one?
Nope   :thumbsup:  . That's the change, you don't have to wait anymore.

Edited by reddit, 21 February 2011 - 02:08 PM.


#13 Scarz

Scarz

    Member

  • Posts:201
  • Joined:08-July 10
  • RS Name:Sir Scarz
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:27 PM

View PostMmmusic, on 21 February 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

I thought it was a bug so i reported it to jagex and it doesnt work for me anymore but maybe i just buy and sell wrong items

Try it with like, an air rune. Buy for 5% over and sell 5% under. Pretty sure it will still work.
:mellow:

Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana
 
Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt
 
Color: