Staking: Switching Attack Styles?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 IlI Tank lIl

IlI Tank lIl

• RS Name:RangeAlIDay
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:22 PM

Whats the strategy behind constantly switching attack styles while staking?

#2 Geoff

Geoff

Fast993 is my slave

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:26 PM

I doubt it makes that much of a difference, but using a certain style will increase your chances of hitting higher, more accurate, or make them hit less.

Personally I keep it on defensive until I get a decent lead, then switch to accurate. If I am behind I use kick.
NA & EUW: Gêoff

Pure Hatred Ending Council

#3 IlI Tank lIl

IlI Tank lIl

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

That makes sense... I never realized it made a difference, I just thought it was for the sake of training that stat.

#4 ObamaDogRecipes

ObamaDogRecipes

chicken poodle soup

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

Well, I do not know if it's 100% true, but supposedly the Attack style (punching if you're box dming) gives +3 attack (invisible boots), Strength style (kicking) gives +3 strength (invis. again) and same with defence.

Usually people kick until the other person switches to defence then they switch to attack.. basically it's to counter what they use.

Using defence is good when they kick because kicking is already inaugurate due to it being aggressive, so the added defence makes it more likely for you to hit and them to miss.

Using attack is good if they're using defence, for obvious reasons.

Kicking is good if they're punching, I hope you can figure out why.

To know the difference between punching and defending, look at your hits vs their hits... and yeah. That's it in a nutshell I hope.

Rate/hate?

Posted Image

#5 IlI Tank lIl

IlI Tank lIl

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

Thanks for the explanation, makes sense

#6 Palmetto

Palmetto

• RS Name:Palmetto

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

View PostSaintttt, on 14 February 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

Well, I do not know if it's 100% true, but supposedly the Attack style (punching if you're box dming) gives +3 attack (invisible boots), Strength style (kicking) gives +3 strength (invis. again) and same with defence.

Usually people kick until the other person switches to defence then they switch to attack.. basically it's to counter what they use.

Using defence is good when they kick because kicking is already inaugurate due to it being aggressive, so the added defence makes it more likely for you to hit and them to miss.

Using attack is good if they're using defence, for obvious reasons.

Kicking is good if they're punching, I hope you can figure out why.

To know the difference between punching and defending, look at your hits vs their hits... and yeah. That's it in a nutshell I hope.

Rate/hate?

it is 100% true, back in classic it used to say +3 next to the attack style, for a reason unbeknown to me, they took it out(probably for aesthetics) but yeah, one thing i saw that made sense was this:

if your opponent has higher hp than you, use defensive.
if you have more hp than your opponent, use aggressive.
if your kick/defensive is failing, then use accurate. also use accurate to start off for the most part.

#7 chron

chron

• RS Name:chron

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:53 AM

coming from a boxer- atk style changes very little in the duel- tho i generally start on str -switch to atk if not hitting-switch to def if they're hitting a lot.. merely to make myself feel better.

+3 part is true though

Edited by chron, 15 February 2011 - 01:54 AM.

#8 [J]osh

[J]osh

• RS Name:I Jager I
  • Clan:...

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:17 AM

Use kick if your losing, cos you need the lucky big hits.

Posted Image

#9 Palmetto

Palmetto

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:49 AM

View Post[J]osh, on 15 February 2011 - 08:17 AM, said:

see its just really a tossup. you can say use accurate if you're losing, cause you need the hits to occur more often. or you can say use defensive if you're losing, to prevent your opponent from hitting you as often. it just depends on the logic you use, to which you choose.

#10 [J]osh

[J]osh

• RS Name:I Jager I
  • Clan:...

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:59 AM

View Postgold wulf 10, on 15 February 2011 - 09:49 AM, said:

see its just really a tossup. you can say use accurate if you're losing, cause you need the hits to occur more often. or you can say use defensive if you're losing, to prevent your opponent from hitting you as often. it just depends on the logic you use, to which you choose.

After reading your reply i looked at my thinking and lol'd. +1 for pointing out my stupidity

Edited by [J]osh, 15 February 2011 - 09:59 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Palmetto

Palmetto

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:54 AM

View Post[J]osh, on 15 February 2011 - 09:59 AM, said:

View Postgold wulf 10, on 15 February 2011 - 09:49 AM, said:

After reading your reply i looked at my thinking and lol'd. +1 for pointing out my stupidity

lol it's not stupidity, it's a valid argument. a high hit when you're losing could make a big difference. there's just arguments for each of them, that all hold water. it's just what the person thinks is best, honestly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: