Runescape Account Hacked

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jrro0t

jrro0t

• RS Status:Free

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:29 AM

Hello Runescape community, I have alot to ask people if anyone have been through with this before, and if so what is your suggestion into solving it.
Below I will state the problem from the beginning to now.

I started playing runescape around 2005 which I made my first account. There was many times when I started, stopped then start again back in 2008, I've stopped playing. Then I began again in 2009 which was the last time I subscribed for Runescape memebership. After the one month membership ended I decided to stop playing again. All the way until 2010 of september, I tried to logg on to my account finding my account password not working. I did the password recovery request and my password was then recovered. Upon logging onto my account, I have discovered many expensive items that did not belong to me. Therefore this concludes to the idea that my account was hacked, and the hacker has bought membership on it also. There I resetted my recovery questions and changed my password e-mail everything that can be changed was changed. I played all the way till mid January of 2011, my password was onced changed again. I then did the e-mail recovery which allowed me to change my password after entering the security code sent to my registered e-mail. Two days later, once again I couldn't logg onto my account. I did the e-mail recovery finding it not being able to change my password, so then I did the Recovery questions. There I found my recovery questions different. There were absolutely no questions, it Stated Recovery question 1, 2,3 and so on without having the actual questions I have setted earlier. I was in a hurry to get my account back, which I gave them my previous billing ID for membership, previous passwords and my e-mail was registered. I did everything and they kept on denying my appeal. I have submitted over 20 appeals finding every one of them denied. I was furious and sad, this account has been with me for at the least of 5 years and everything I contributed to the game was gone, time, money everything. I had evidence of previous e-mails from jagex that states the account belongs to me, but every single time the appeal comes back with it saying account information not enough to prove you are the rightful owner of this account. The problems is, I've provided them with previous passwords, answers to previous questions, previous billing invoice IDs, and e-mail. Do you guys believe that this is being replied by a computer or is it just that im not providing with enough information? Also I think that my recovery questions might of been changed also, and the previous hacker could have tooken my account also, since he/she has subscribed on my account previously giving him evidence that the account might belong to him also.

Please I need suggestions into solving this problem, every bit of answer would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 Tok3d

Tok3d

Yeah..

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:37 AM

If you can provide your IP address/location where the account was created, and the first payment agreement you have with Jagex, that will put the odds more in your favour. Also, no it's not a computer just replying back to you, it's an automated response for the deny, a jmod would have went over your appeal and deemed that you haven't given enough information. I would just ask for the account to be locked and take it from there.

Edited by Flashgear, 03 February 2011 - 11:38 AM.

#3 jrro0t

jrro0t

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:43 AM

View PostFlashgear, on 03 February 2011 - 11:37 AM, said:

If you can provide your IP address/location where the account was created, and the first payment agreement you have with Jagex, that will put the odds more in your favour. Also, no it's not a computer just replying back to you, it's an automated response for the deny, a jmod would have went over your appeal and deemed that you haven't given enough information. I would just ask for the account to be locked and take it from there.

IP isn't possible its been at least 5 years,but I did provide location, first payment was too long ago. How do you ask them to lock the account?

#4 Tok3d

Tok3d

Yeah..

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:56 AM

If you made the payment, it wouldn't be hard to find the first payment, i can trace my first payment back in 05 :innocent:, to lock an account go here https://www.runescap...sswordchoice.ws - put your username in, and put recover a stolen account, at least i think that's how you do it. If your using the same internet as you did 5years ago, chances are your IP wouldn't have changed.

#5 jrro0t

jrro0t

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

View PostFlashgear, on 03 February 2011 - 11:56 AM, said:

If you made the payment, it wouldn't be hard to find the first payment, i can trace my first payment back in 05 :innocent:, to lock an account go here https://www.runescap...sswordchoice.ws - put your username in, and put recover a stolen account, at least i think that's how you do it. If your using the same internet as you did 5years ago, chances are your IP wouldn't have changed.

yeah I understand what you mean, but I forgot to say that I have moved before, therefore the Ip is different and the reason I cant trace my first payment was because my first payment was using paybycash... and i believe i've deleted the e-mails already~..

#6 encore3

encore3

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:33 AM

There is a thread on RSOF in account help.
Basically u tell them that u are the real owner, but someone keeps recovering it.
U give them the details they stated u should post.
They will get back to u. They may also lock your account until the investigation into who the original owner is.
If u truly own the account u shouldnt be too worried.

Also how could somebody else recover your account?
Sharing accounts is against jagex rules. If u have given the account away, same thing.
IMO u are not telling us the entire truth.

#7 Zammyspure5

Zammyspure5

• RS Name:aKimbodiac
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:DGS

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:45 AM

Check he's not got a keylogger on your PC as well; that's normally how they repeatedly recover accounts
Posted Image

#8 TommyR™

TommyR™

Look into my box :D

• RS Name:Bro Spartan
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:54 AM

http://forums.zybez....-mass-hackings/

Aw, darn.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users