• Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:20 AM

Fishing Monkfish

Posted Image

By: Debenkey

Table of Contents

*Fishing Monkfish are for Members only.

1.0 - Introduction

» Among the trees, rocks, grass and animals deep in the northern woods of RuneScape rests the Piscatoris Fishing Colony. Aside from the nearby Summoning obelisk, the Piscatoris Fishing Colony isn't home to many popular attractions. The most popular attraction however is that the fishing colony is the only place in RuneScape where the popular training food Monkfish can be fished. Monkfish are a great to catch for excellent experience rates when training Fishing, can be cooked for exceptional Cooking experience, and can be sold for a pretty hefty profit.

Within this guide, I will tell you everything you need to know about fishing Monkfish. From what armour to wear, to how to get to the Piscatoris Fishing Colony. Monkfish are a medium requirement fish and can be fished for a very rewarding experience. Now, let's get started!

Posted Image

2.0 - Requirements

» The requirements for fishing Monkfish are plentiful, but for the most part, they are easy requirements to obtain. First and foremost, you must have completed the quest Swan Song in order to access the Piscatoris Fishing Colony, and in order to fish the Monkfish, you must have at least level 62 Fishing. There are various Skill and Quest requirements needed in order to complete Swan Song as well.

Item Requirements

Skill Requirements

Posted Image

Quest Requirements

Posted Image

2.1 - Recommendations

» With just the minimal requirement of level 62 Fishing, you can fish Monkfish at a decent rate. However, I recommend waiting until at least level 70 Fishing in order to begin training at the Monkfish for a prolonged amount of time. At level 70, you will catch Monkfish at a much faster rate than at level 62, make for better experience rates and for more profit.

Recommended Fishing Level

Posted Image

3.0 - Location

» The Piscatoris Fishing Colony is located North-west of the Gnome stronghold and is on the coast at the upper most part of the woods. At the colony, there are a few buildings that serve really no purpose aside from quest use, theres a furnace for smelting, and there is Arnold Lydspot's General store and bank. As for Fishing spots, there are multiple Fishing spots scattered around the coast, all of which are within a very short distance of the bank. The colony is a fairly long distance from big cities and towns, and there is only a few select methods of travel that you can use to get there.

There are three main methods of travel that you can use in order to reach the colony fairly quickly. These three methods are the Fairy Rings, Kathy Corkat and her boat, and by using the Phoenix Lair Dungeon.

3.1 - How to Get There

» Out of the three methods of transportation, Fairy rings, Kathy Corkat and the Phoenix lair, the Fairy rings and the Phoenix lair require a quest while Kathy Corkat is free.

Fairy Rings

In order to use the Fairy Rings for transportation, you must have completed up to Step 3 in the quest Fairy Tale II - Cure A Queen. Though you may not be able to use all the Fairy rings around RuneScape, you will have access to the Fairy ring which is just south of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony. In order to use the Fairy rings, equip a Dramen staff or a Lunar staff, and if you have completed Fairy Tale III - Orks Rift, then you will not need a staff at all. Once you have your staff equipped, teleport using any Fairy ring and you will end up in Zanaris. Use the Zanaris Fairy ring and enter the code AKQ, this will bring you to the Fairy ring south of the fishing colony. From here, simply walk north and you will arrive at the colony.

• Teleport using any Fairy ring with a Dramen or Lunar staff equipped.
  • Arrive at the Zanaris Fairy ring and teleport using it
  • Enter the code A-K-Q and accept
  • Arrive just south of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony
  • Proceed north to the colony
Posted Image

Kathy Corkat

Kathy Corkat offers free transportation using her boat, and will bring you to the shoreline just outside of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony. Her services can be found just west of the Gnomeball field inside of the Gnome stronghold. In order to use her for transportation, simply talk to her and she will bring you north up the river to the colony. Once you arrive, proceed to walk north and you will arrive at the Piscatoris Fishing Colony.

• Walk to Kathy Corkat, west of the Gnome stronghold
  • Speak with her to use her boat
  • Arrive just south of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony
  • Walk north to arrive at the Piscatoris Fishing Colony
Posted Image

Spirit Kyatt

Using the Spirit Kyatt's teleport ability, you will be teleported right near the Summoning obelisk just outside of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony. Once you teleport, simply proceed north-east and you will arrive at the colony. In order to use this method of transporation, you must have level 57 Summoning.

• Use Spirit Kyatt teleport
  • Arrive just near the Summoning obelisk
  • Proceed north-east
  • Enter the Piscatoris Fishing Colony
Posted Image

Phoenix Lair

In order to use the Phoenix lair method of transporation, you first must have completed the quest In Pyre Need. This method of transportation is rather quick and the only item required is a Phoenix lair teleport. Simply, use the teleport scroll to teleport to the Phoenix lair, then proceed north-east and you will arrive at the Piscatoris Fishing Colony.

• Activate Phoenix lair teleport scroll
  • Run north-east until you arrive at the Piscatoris Fishing Colony
  • Enter the gates of the colony
Posted Image

4.0 - Method

» With your Small fishing net in your inventory and any enhancer being used, you can now begin fishing monkfish! The process is rather simple, and there isn't much to it. Start off by finding a Fishing spot, then left-click the Fishing spot and select "Net Fishing Spot". You will start to fish for monkfish. Simply wait for a full inventory of monkfish to accumulate, then run to the bank, deposit all of your monkfish, and repeat. On occasion, the Fishing spot will disappear, making you find another one. When this happens, the bubbles on the water will stop and your character will stop fishing. In order to continue fishing, find another Fishing spots and left-click and select.

• Fish monkfish
  • Bank at Arnold Lydspot
  • Fish and repeat
Posted Image

5.0 - Extras

» While you are Fishing, there are items you can use to your advantage in order to get the most out of your fishing experience. There are two categories that fit the name of this section, and they are Summoning Familiars and Fishing Enhancers.

Posted Image

5.1 - Summoning Familiars

» Through the Summoning skill, you can create pouches in which you can summon different types of monsters to help you while you fish monkfish. These monsters are broken down into two types, Beast of Burden familiars and Skill boosting familiars. Beast of Burden familiars can be used to store items, while Skill boosting familiars can have an affect on a certain skill in which you will gain an invisible level boost.

Beast of Burden

The following Summoning familiars can be used to store items, which will save inventory space and maximize the amount of monkfish caught be trip.

Posted Image Thorny snail (holds 3 items and requires level 13 Summoning)
Posted Image Spirit kalphite (holds 6 items and requires level 25 Summoning)
Posted Image Bull ant (hold 9 items and requires level 40 Summoning)
Posted Image Spirit terrorbird (holds 12 items and requires level 52 Summoning)
Posted Image War tortoise (holds 18 items and requires level 67 Summoning)
Posted Image Pack yak (holds 30 items and requires level 96 Summoning)

5.2 - Fishing Enhancers

» The following are items and Summoning familiars are broken down into two categories, Edible and Non-edible. The items and Summoning familiars give a temporary boost to your Fishing level, which will increase the number of monkfish you can catch per trip.

Edible

Posted Image Fishing potion (Temporary +3 Fishing boost)
Posted Image Fishing mix (Temporary +3 Fishing boost)
Posted Image Admiral pie (Temporary +5 Fishing boost)
Posted Image Fish pie (Temporary +3 Fishing boost)
Posted Image Brown spice (Temporary -6 to +6 Fishing boost or decrease)

Non-edible

Posted Image Fishing cape (+1 Fishing boost, requires level 99 Fishing)
Posted Image Granite crab (+1 invisible Fishing boost, requires level 16 Summoning)
Posted Image Ibis (+3 invisible Fishing boost, requires level 56 Summoning)
Posted Image Granite lobster (+4 invisible Fishing boost, requires level 74 Summoning)

6.0 - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do you suggest wearing any specific type of armour or clothing?

» A:
Since the distance between the Fishing spots and the bank is so short, no armour is really needed. However, you could wear weight reduction armour if you feel the need to do so, though it won't have an affect.

Q: What is the average experience per hour while fishing Monkfish?

» A:
You should be able to gain approximately 20-35k Fishing experience per hour depending on your Fishing level.

Q: What is the average profit per hour fishing Monkfish?

» A:
It really depends on your Fishing level and whether or not you are using a Summoning Familiar. Though, you should be able to get between 150k-250k profit per hour.

Q: Which Summoning familiar is best for Fishing bonus and Beast of Burden?

» A:
Fishing boost - Best familiar you can use. Beast of burden - Spirit terrorbird, War tortoise, Pack Yak.

7.0 - Credits

Debenkey: Writing the guide
JaGex: Pictures
Zybez: Pictures and information

Guide Copyright Notice:
All Guides are Copyright © Zybez RuneScape Community Guides forum and the original author, 2001-2011+; All Rights Reserved.

All Guides submitted to Zybez RuneScape Community become property of the Zybez Guides forum. Use on any other website without the author's permission is PROHIBITED!

Edited by Debenkey, 27 April 2011 - 06:04 PM.

#2 W13

W13
  • RS Name:W13
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:08 AM

Pretty awesome guide, Debenkey. Looks real clean and is informative too. (I learned a bunch of new things)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Can't tan pon it long, naw eat no yam, no steam fish, nor no green banana" - Sean Paul

#3 Hypes

Hypes

• RS Name:Rng By Lamps
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

It's looking pretty good, man! Could use this sometime if I ever do get members :-S

#4 dash berlin

dash berlin

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:18 AM

also you should add the transportation method of the
phoenix lair teleport scroll
Ge Price and looks

Also i fish with a magpie to increase profit since all the monks i catch go to my belly :hi:

[sir alito  :-S ]

Edited by Sir alito, 07 January 2011 - 12:00 PM.

TYRUTU

View PostI am Nyu, on 09 March 2011 - 02:39 PM, said:

Get drugs. Get high. "Run out of high". Want to get more drugs.

Obviously, the one time i will buy is if i get enough money to buy an untradable

#5 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

• RS Name:Debenkey

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

View PostSir alito, on 07 January 2011 - 11:18 AM, said:

also you should add the transportation method of the
phoenix lair teleport scroll
Ge Price and looks

Also i fish with a magpie to increase profit since all the monks i catch go to my belly :hi:

[sir alito  :-S ]
Thanks for telling me about the Phoenix lair teleport, I had no idea it was there.  :yes:

I've added the Phoenix lair teleport as a new method of transportation to the guide.

#6 Rarez

Rarez

RSC & RS2 Fact Sheet

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

I mean, like, it's real clean and doesn't waste any space whatsoever. Finally people start using tables - they make guides so much better. My only suggestion would be to change the section colors (and possibly their size) a bit... so they don't look so dull/default.

For 5.1 - Summoning Familiars I suggest you include a rendered image of a summoned familiar. Mid size. To the right. This would be aesthetic :). Looks good, helps the guide, so why not.

Here's what I'm talking about with some random picture I pulled off Google and did some bad editing on it (hence the black background instead of transparent). The pic of the summon would be slimmer horizontally. Eliminated a bunch of td's +tr's - they were unnecessary.

Posted Image Thorny snail (holds 3 items and requires level 13 Summoning)
Posted Image Spirit kalphite (holds 6 items and requires level 25 Summoning)
Posted Image Bull ant (hold 9 items and requires level 40 Summoning)
Posted Image Spirit terrorbird (holds 12 items and requires level 52 Summoning)
Posted Image War tortoise (holds 18 items and requires level 67 Summoning)
Posted Image Pack yak (holds 30 items and requires level 96 Summoning)
Posted Image

Edited by Rarez, 07 January 2011 - 04:23 PM.

Posted Image

Runescape Classic Fact Sheet
Very interesting. 150000+ views, 600+ replies

#7 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

I'll see what I can do with having the familiar to the right of the pouch. As for the section colors, I like them with the orange and gold, so I'll be leaving it for now.

#8 Digitize♫

Digitize♫

You are the reason; I don't believe!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:34 PM

Very nice guide here Debenkey. I always found monkfish to be a good way to train Fishing. :)
The only suggestion I have is to include the Fish Pie under the edible stat boosters. It can be made at level 47 Cooking, and provides a temporary +3 bonus to your Fishing level.

Other than that this is a very nice looking guide. :)

#9 Sumo Time

Sumo Time

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

Great Guide i learned a lot of new things i did not know about monk fish :)
Posted Image

#10 Christley

Christley

Failing since '03

• RS Name:Therealbest

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

magpies will be a better familiar than the bobs since the bank is maybe 5 seconds from the fishing spots.
Posted Image

#11 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

View PostDigitize422, on 08 January 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

Very nice guide here Debenkey. I always found monkfish to be a good way to train Fishing. :)
The only suggestion I have is to include the Fish Pie under the edible stat boosters. It can be made at level 47 Cooking, and provides a temporary +3 bonus to your Fishing level.

Other than that this is a very nice looking guide. :)
Thanks for telling me about the Fish pie, I've added it. I had a feeling there was a pie missing. :thumbsup:

View PostChristley, on 08 January 2011 - 05:37 PM, said:

magpies will be a better familiar than the bobs since the bank is maybe 5 seconds from the fishing spots.
Magpies aren't good for Fishing though, as they don't offer a level boost or fish along with you. Though magpies are good overall, they don't fit into the guide.

#12 Nuke X5

Nuke X5

• RS Name:Nuke X

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

You could add in what the XP per hour is. Other than that it's a good guide!
My Pure: Nuke X5

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 ninja sensie

ninja sensie

• RS Name:Soa At 90 Cb

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

Add kyatt scrolls as a method, tele you right to the obelisk just south of colony
Spoiler
Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.
Thanks, Gladz

#14 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

View PostNuke X5, on 11 January 2011 - 06:37 PM, said:

You could add in what the XP per hour is. Other than that it's a good guide!
Can't believe I forgot that! I'll add it in, thanks!

View Postninja sensie, on 11 January 2011 - 06:57 PM, said:

Add kyatt scrolls as a method, tele you right to the obelisk just south of colony
Forgot about this method as well.  :whistle: I'll add it in, thanks!

#15 I am Nyu

I am Nyu

Nyu!

• RS Name:Nyu Nyu
  • Clan:DGS

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

+1'd for organization. Although I question how many people actually need information on how to....fish.  :whistle: Nontheless, it's a nice guide.

We're seeking the [truth], "We do not care if it is a lie". As if we can see right through it, we follow it along.

@NyusFeed | YouTube

Posted Image

#16 Avicenna

Avicenna

Lost beneath the clouds

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

Welcome to general guides!

Posted Image

#17 Christley

Christley

Failing since '03

• RS Name:Therealbest

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

View PostDebenkey, on 08 January 2011 - 06:37 PM, said:

Magpies aren't good for Fishing though, as they don't offer a level boost or fish along with you. Though magpies are good overall, they don't fit into the guide.

no but for that matter so doesnt the bobs. the bank is 5 seconds from the fish spots. so all you do is afk alittle bit longer or make 40k/h additional cash. if u use a bob you might get 1-3k more xp per hour.
Posted Image

#18 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

View PostChristley, on 18 January 2011 - 05:36 PM, said:

View PostDebenkey, on 08 January 2011 - 06:37 PM, said:

no but for that matter so doesnt the bobs. the bank is 5 seconds from the fish spots. so all you do is afk alittle bit longer or make 40k/h additional cash. if u use a bob you might get 1-3k more xp per hour.
I included Beast of burden familiars as they can be used to benefit all skills, including Fishing. Magpies on the other hand, though they are beneficial, they are not directly related to Fishing as would a Fishing familiar or in this case, Beast of burden.

#19 Cheap Labour

Cheap Labour

• RS Name:Adellund
  • Clan:SOTC
  • Team:none

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

» A: You should be able to gain approximately 35k-50k Fishing experience per hour depending on your Fishing level.

Before you make false promises, you should go fish there for 3-4 hours straight and record the experience accumulate, and you will see that you get FAR from the "estimated" 35-50k/hr (which is btw ONLY obtainable with barb fishing and mousekeys)

I got 36.480 at 94 FISHING with IBIS and fishing potion (couldn't be bothered to try and use pies) in an hour approx. (I used a 3 hour fishing period to estimate this from, with about 85% concentration, as in I did not stray off to forums while fishing, loose concentration etc...

#20 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:40 PM

View PostAdellund, on 20 January 2011 - 03:03 PM, said:

» A: You should be able to gain approximately 35k-50k Fishing experience per hour depending on your Fishing level.

Before you make false promises, you should go fish there for 3-4 hours straight and record the experience accumulate, and you will see that you get FAR from the "estimated" 35-50k/hr (which is btw ONLY obtainable with barb fishing and mousekeys)

I got 36.480 at 94 FISHING with IBIS and fishing potion (couldn't be bothered to try and use pies) in an hour approx. (I used a 3 hour fishing period to estimate this from, with about 85% concentration, as in I did not stray off to forums while fishing, loose concentration etc...
Sorry everyone for the slight exaggeration on the experience rates. I've changed them now to a more accurate reading based on my experience rates with level 80 Fishing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: