Non-Tradeables' And Pk'ing

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Chompy

Chompy

• RS Name:Chompy
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

Alright guys, as most if not all of you know non-tradeables were dropped on death in the old wilderness and then the user was allowed a certain amount of time (I believe 1:30->2:30??) to retrieve their items in the pile where they died. This meaning that the opponent, after killing you, would recieve for example, a glory, rune platelegs, helmet, rune boots and also ring/amulet. However, with the increased amount of non-tradeable items will we see a complete and utter lack of loot?

My question is this: If I was to wear : Fighter hat, fury + ornament kit, torso, stealing creation platelegs, berserker ring (i), barrows gloves, abyssal whip (coloured), defender and a fire cape what would that leave my opponent to collect at my death? A few potions, climbing boots and some sharks? This surely needs to be addressed prior to the re-installment of the wilderness.

Please post any suggestions you have and any ways that you think we could prevent this being a simple waste of supplies.

-Chompy  :whistle:
Check out my video's here:My YouTube Channel
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Hodgeheg

Hodgeheg

• Clan:Clanless

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:22 PM

It's hard to say really what they'll do.
Hopefully each item will be done on a case-by-case basis. So a coloured whip would just mean a regular whip is dropped, same with a zerker ring(i), or a fury with ornament kit.

Though with some items I'm really not sure what they should do, particularly with chaotic weapons and korsais swords. I remember initially a lot of complaints about people PKing with firecape, torso and fighters helms, but that wasn't too bad compared to the amount of untradables now.

I think a possibility would be sacrificing a certain amount of cash to be able to equip these untradables in the wild, then upon death this cash is dropped. People still get a chance to run back to get their items, but wouldn't be able to equip them again in the wild before sacrificing the necessery cash. I think that might work, it's either that or just banning some untradables from the wild.

#3 Rodney King

Rodney King

Rodney 'TB' King

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:52 PM

They might keep PvP statues etc in the game, remove the ability to collect non tradeables like torso/firecape on death at the gravestone marker, and assign values to non-tradeables so that the game generates drops to compensate for players who wear only non tradeable PvP gear.

Like you say, if they don't people will be able to welfare in good gear with little to no risk.

Or, Jagex may find they have to remove some non-tradeable PvP items or make them tradeable and assign them a GE value.

Posted Image
|Rodney__King| |Ex-Higher Force Leader | |Runescape's #1 Runepure + Tank Clan|
|HF Site| |HF IRC: #higher-force| |HF Requirements| |HF Tube|

Rex Mortuus Est, Vivat Rex - Higher Force 2005-2012

Proud to have served.

#4 Pk3d by mike

Pk3d by mike

• RS Name:pk3d by mike
  • Clan:NONE

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

hopefully you can keep your non tradables, i miss the days when i used to be a zerker pure with a fire cape and barrows gloves, god every zerker pure with fc and barrow gloves were like 2 or 3 steps above ppl with no cape and gloves... it was ridic lol.
Recovering Addict

Play Pacman :) | Make Money Online - I used this program on my pacman site : Bookmarking Demon ;)

Halo 4 Twitter Page - *Follow us on twitter we have different contests giving away 2 Halo 4's and 1 Limited Edition*
GTA V Twitter Page
Pre-Order Halo 4 - Get it for a discount!

#5 Livestrong

Livestrong

Hail State

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

I've wondered about this and to go a little off topic, what about the protect item prayer? Is that being reimplemented? Now back on topic, I would think that they would make it like this. If they don't people will just gripe about it, but then again, we players tend to gripe about everything nowadays anyway :thumbsup:.

Ex-Maintenance Crew | Ex-Database Crew | Ex-DJ

#6 Vidkae

Vidkae

• RS Name:Vidkae
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

View PostHodgeheg, on 27 December 2010 - 01:22 PM, said:

Hopefully each item will be done on a case-by-case basis. So a coloured whip would just mean a regular whip is dropped, same with a zerker ring(i), or a fury with ornament kit.

Though with some items I'm really not sure what they should do, particularly with chaotic weapons and korsais swords. I remember initially a lot of complaints about people PKing with firecape, torso and fighters helms, but that wasn't too bad compared to the amount of untradables now.

I think a possibility would be sacrificing a certain amount of cash to be able to equip these untradables in the wild, then upon death this cash is dropped. People still get a chance to run back to get their items, but wouldn't be able to equip them again in the wild before sacrificing the necessery cash. I think that might work, it's either that or just banning some untradables from the wild.

Regarding your whip theory, people can simply farm whips in essence, just killing their friends with a colored whip, and keep doing it - nothing to lose and everything to gain, so I don't think it couldn't really work. They could possibly put a limit on how many untradeables you have to prevent stuff like this.

#7 Lucy Fer

Lucy Fer

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:28 PM

View PostVidkae, on 27 December 2010 - 05:17 PM, said:

View PostHodgeheg, on 27 December 2010 - 01:22 PM, said:

Regarding your whip theory, people can simply farm whips in essence, just killing their friends with a colored whip, and keep doing it - nothing to lose and everything to gain, so I don't think it couldn't really work. They could possibly put a limit on how many untradeables you have to prevent stuff like this.

I think he implies that the item is still lost, but  turns into their tradble counterparts.

On topic: It's really impossible to make a 100% acurate prediction of the update, IF they actually update it.
One part of me wants to see it, for the sake of nostalgia. But another part likes the way it is now with untradables.
But stuff like chaotic is easily fixed (when dropped it degrades and you have to pay the full recharge rate to get it back working.) This will reduce the people willing to risk it every fight for sure.

Posted Image

#8 Amigop

Amigop

Gingers Do Have Souls

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:12 PM

Or, they'll be Jagex and give you no loot and not let them get untradeables back either.
Posted Image

#9 x_gr8_axe_x

x_gr8_axe_x

• RS Name:x gr8 axe x

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:11 PM

You can forget about climbing boots too as penance boots are like rune boots you can also enchant bersker helm and to add to that colour infinity while hybridding

And for korasi swords and chaotic weapons they should turn into coins like the barrel chest anchor used to
Bingo Wings

Phalanx ~ Active P2P Rune Pure and Tank Clan

www.Phalanx-Rs.com
| #Phalanx in SwiftIRC | PX Channel CC

#10 Jjozzie

Jjozzie

Completionist

• RS Name:Jjozzie
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

Some interesting ideas in the topic, and anything enchanted or coloured or whatever should be dropped as normal. I.e you lose it and the player who kills you gets like a normal Zerker helm/Infinfity top etc. As for Korasi's, drop 125k cash? Chaotic weapons maybe idk 2m because they cost that to recharge?

Greetings!

#11 Jamflexed

Jamflexed

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:53 PM

i predict that jagex will compensate for untradeables with the chance to recieve statuettes and pvp armour
Posted Image

#12 P rison Mike

P rison Mike

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:04 AM

I hope untradable pking is back, and for people runnin with full untradable they'll possibly bring coins in invo? Like I remember people no arming with like 1m coins in invo?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Wess

Wess

• RS Name:kyuR

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:27 AM

View PostMcPwn4ge, on 27 December 2010 - 11:53 PM, said:

i predict that jagex will compensate for untradeables with the chance to recieve statuettes and pvp armour

Good point
Dont go around fire, expecting not to sweat.

#14 Chompy

Chompy

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:03 AM

View PostDirty Vo, on 28 December 2010 - 01:04 AM, said:

I hope untradable pking is back, and for people runnin with full untradable they'll possibly bring coins in invo? Like I remember people no arming with like 1m coins in invo?

It truly will be a hastle having to ask and/or trade someone to make sure they have their risk. I believe a viable solution to this problem would to only allow 3 non-tradeables to bypass the wilderness ditch. This would allow for the some of the best items to be used and also limit pking to profitable in some cases.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Paradite

Paradite

What ever you say

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:03 AM

Firecapes, skill capes, dragon defenders, pest control gear and torsos will be retrievable as they were in 2007. Dungeoneering gear will be lost on death assuming one is risking any dungeoneering items. Imbuned rings and colored items such as whips and dark bows will be dropped in their original state if you are to lose them. If untradeables are delt with in the way I have assumed then I believe untradeables in the wilderness shouldnt be any more of a hassle now than they were in 2007.

Edited by Paradite, 28 December 2010 - 10:07 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Chompy

Chompy

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:17 PM

View PostParadite, on 28 December 2010 - 10:03 AM, said:

Firecapes, skill capes, dragon defenders, pest control gear and torsos will be retrievable as they were in 2007. Dungeoneering gear will be lost on death assuming one is risking any dungeoneering items. Imbuned rings and colored items such as whips and dark bows will be dropped in their original state if you are to lose them. If untradeables are delt with in the way I have assumed then I believe untradeables in the wilderness shouldnt be any more of a hassle now than they were in 2007.

Intriguing comment and I believe you may be on the right track. It sounds like a sound way to deal with the problem.  :thumbsup:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Superglenn4

Superglenn4

No hesitation, no doubts!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

They should ban dungeoneering items from the wilderness completely, it is unbalanced as stink atm.

As for tradeable items made untradeable(coloured whip, fury ornament,etc...) could be easily solved by dropping the original item.

Though i do hope it will be like old times were: you should be able to pick up your f cape torso rune def fighter hat and all other untradeables from 07-

Let us hope itl be a wild with at least no summon, no dung items and no stinking korasis....

Posted Image

Ex oldschool Frozen Fury(2007-2008) Ex Authority member(2008-2010) Ex Brutality member(2011) Current Damage Inc. member

#18 Bogg

Bogg

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

View PostWess, on 28 December 2010 - 02:27 AM, said:

View PostMcPwn4ge, on 27 December 2010 - 11:53 PM, said:

Good point

So I die with 'x' amount of rune defenders to a friend and get 'x' amount of stats and pvp armour?

SWEET

Posted Image

Pro Monster Hunter & Flipper

Maxed

TRWF & PID Member

Sheffield University Unit

#19 Dc1016

Dc1016

wat.

• RS Name:DC1016
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:44 PM

They can always drop the cash equivalent of the item, like they did with the barrelchest anchor

#20 ~Kalt

~Kalt

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:38 PM

I am not in favor of creating gold for untradeable items, but the players risking them should be 'risking' them.

Any enchanted, colored, or decorated gear should be dropped as the normal gear.
Any degradable items should turn to dust upon death, no compensation for other player; pvp gear, chaotic, ect.
Any non-tradeable minigame or quest item should be deleted upon death, no compensation for other player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: