As you are well aware, Zybez is still continuing our ongoing update of changing all of our images to HD; there are still quite a few images lacking, whether it be quests, items, NPCs, or any of our older content, particularly ones that were created many years ago. This topic will be used to keep track of all of the images you submit.
All images MUST come from you and you only. Using images taken by someone else or a different Runescape fansite is not acceptable. All images MUST be saved in the .png format to ensure the high quality.
All pictures need to be taken in HD (with AA off for NPC images). However, please use a fixed screen view to prevent images from being to large.
Example settings (either OpenGL or DirectX works):
- Disable Anti-aliasing; even the slightest anti-aliasing makes it difficult to crop accurately.
- If the NPC cannot be attacked, get an image of the chat head: the face you see when you talk to the NPC.
- If you are able to crop the monster yourself, go for it. If not, post the screenshot as is and we will handle the rest.
- Try to get as close to the NPC as possible but still having the full NPC in your window, and not obscenely large.
- These images will typically be rectangular and not need much cropping.
- If you're resizing a large image to match the image's size in the guide, please preserve the aspect ratio (checkbox on resize screen).
- If a guide has a small image that links to a big image, please do both.
- Please check for image links in the guides. Just because an image isn't directly in the guide, doesn't mean it doesn't have to be in HD!
- No private chat can be on the images.
- If you're unsure of how an image should be cropped/resized, just post the original.
- Exception: Quest Scroll images. These MUST have NO Anti-Aliasing, as they need to be cropped.
Please post the guide you have taken pictures for, as well as which image replaces which old image. Additionally, chat pictures will not be required to update and will be deleted upon revamp of the images.
All participation is greatly appreciated! Thanks!