Am I The Only One Left Who Believes This...?

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#101 Arvva

Arvva

The King

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

bro i got a easter ring and a zombie head and jester soz br0
Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.
Thanks, bolshevik

#102 Ket

Ket

Kitty IRL

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

Hmm...I didn't start playing until 2007, if I remember right. Personally I prefer the current rs, could do without a few recent updates but yeah...I guess my opinion doesn't mean much since I was never around for rs classic. But I can see where you're coming from. ;)

[Perception Forums] | #Rs-Perception @swiftIRC | [Recruitment Topic]

#103 SPEZZA

SPEZZA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

View PostKet, on 02 April 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

Hmm...I didn't start playing until 2007, if I remember right. Personally I prefer the current rs, could do without a few recent updates but yeah...I guess my opinion doesn't mean much since I was never around for rs classic. But I can see where you're coming from. ;)
i just wish my yo-yo is tradeable :(, and ket, ur opinion will always matter <3

Edited by SPEZZA, 03 April 2012 - 08:20 AM.

Posted Image

"I'm at the top, but still, I climb"

#104 Axem

Axem

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

I have to say I loved the community of RSC it was so much better than RS2. The people who play are so ignorant and arrogant I can't stand all the people at the banks. RSC community > RS2

#105 Mizzi Rox

Mizzi Rox

• RS Name:Mizila
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Can't really say anything since I only created my acc back in 2006-07 but even then the RuneScape community was nowhere NEAR as bad as the current one, people choose pixels over friends and that's about it, pixel-hungry kids.

I wish the graphics of 2011 came back and the updates of 2006 stayed the same :p

Edited by Mizzi Rox, 05 April 2012 - 08:21 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my YouTube channel for RS content =3

"MizilaOnRunescape"

#106 DF_Tyler_Kiwi

DF_Tyler_Kiwi

Don't you trust me?/ DF 7+ Years

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

I hit the decade mark here soon, Idk I enjoyed Classic but I switched to RS2 because it was what the mass majority did. I also didn't like the idea that RS2 could get updates and classic wouldn't so I walked away from Classic and never looked back.

Proud Old School Divine Forces Member

Posted Image

Divine Force's Member Since November 7th 2006

We Live for those we lost along the way. Without them we wouldn't be alive to fight and die another day

#107 Margus

Margus
  • RS Name:Torment

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

early rs2 years were much more enjoyable for me, probably because i wasn't completely clueless anymore, would prefer RSC over anything that rs2 turned into after 2007 tho.

#108 Prodigus

Prodigus

• RS Name:Prodigus

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

You're argument is a lot like many of us (non RSC'ers) have. A lot of us prefer the older versions of RS2 rather than the current one, such as the 2007 version.

It seems logical that you (and me personally) would prefer the older versions simply for the feelings of nostalgia that we get.

So, to be more direct in answering your question, I am sure that there are many who would agree that RSC is better than RS2, just as their are so many who prefer the older versions of RS2 compared to the newer versions.

Posted Image

#109 Vincey

Vincey

Unknown

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

I'm newscape so to speak and I like this new stuff. WTF IS CLASSIC ANYWAYS?!

Posted Image

// Community leader of Recruitment Forums in Clan Discussion //

#blacknights

#110 Adebisi

Adebisi

8[]

• RS Name:scl

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:17 AM

I never played classic, because I'm quite young, only started playing MMO's in 2005 when I was like 14.
/server -m irc.seersirc.net for the best, stable, safe, phish-free and most friendly IRC server out there!

337: mmilord is an IRC Operator on spirit.il.us.seersirc.net [Active]
337: Seraph is a Network Administrator on trinity.uk.eu.seersirc.net [Away]
337: Jason is a Network Administrator on hub.seersirc.net [Active]
337: Chris is a Services Administrator on trinity.uk.eu.seersirc.net [Active]
337: Adebisi is an IRC Operator on trinity.uk.eu.seersirc.net [Active]
337: Bez is an IRC Operator on prophet.tx.us.seersirc.net [Active]
337: Wolfman is an IRC Operator on trinity.uk.eu.seersirc.net [Active]
337: Niphyr is a Network Administrator on hub.seersirc.net [Active]
337: Mikko is a Network Owner & Administrator on hub.seersirc.net [Active]
337: Total: 9 IRCOPs online - 4 Admins, 4 Opers and 1 Away

#111 Mickey

Mickey

Defender of Common Sense

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

It's the nostalgia talking. I think it's a bit unfair to compare RSC to current day RS. RS is easy now. Everything is buy able and most things take little to no effort. A more fair comparison would be with RSC and RS in 2004-2006. Everything was still fairly hard back then. If you wanted something, you had to work for it, and when you finally got what you were aiming for, it actually felt like you had achieved something great, the same as in classic.

I personally don't consider current day RS to be "RS2". It's been changed so much it actually a great disservice to call it RS2. Between RSC and the original RS2, original RS2 comes out on top. It was pretty much the same game, only better. Nowadays it's just a different game with the same name IMO.

Retired

Posted Image

[My Profile]

#112 Nexual

Nexual

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

I have bunny ears and scythe. :$

Classic was fun but times change. The community isn't what it used to be but it's what you make of it and which communities within the community you choose to be a part of that make the difference.

I've been in a clan for a while now and I PK a lot more than I ever used to and within that community there is a lot of banter, rivalry and ultimately flaming. Most of it unnecessary.

What I don't like about RuneScape these days is the amount of people that lie and deceive people just for quick GP. The game has become too much about screwing someone else over for personal gain. Nor do I like the direction Jagex is going in terms of making more money.

Posted Image

#113 ::Food 4 mishu::

::Food 4 mishu::

• RS Name:Food 4 Mishu
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Yeah , I completely know where you're coming from. Theres a lot of old faces playing on rscemulation.net  now seeing as we can't play classic. It's not the same but its the closest thing to classic out there.

#114 aogMoo Lou

aogMoo Lou

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

i have 60 cmb on my RSC account im at th point where  i would have to spend hours on end to get more levels/fisnish the quests and i cba to do it when im never goign to fight anyone espicially whne about 40 ppl are on.

Posted Image

#115 Lukyinferno

Lukyinferno

• RS Name:Lukyinferno
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

The more I thought about this the more I realized that the only thing I miss more about Classic is the old famous people/accounts and the lack of people having 99s. The gameplay? Eh. The graphics? I actually prefer Classic.

Edited by Lukyinferno, 03 July 2012 - 11:37 PM.

Hello! I am very sorry that you are reading this page right now instead of posting hilarious comedy on the internet. I'm sure this issue will resolve itself soon.

#116 Mahagony

Mahagony

____--____

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

RSC is a great way to reminisce the old days. But RS compared to now is much different and more simple to play

#117 Mizzi Rox

Mizzi Rox

• RS Name:Mizila

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

I played RSc for about 2 hours, never in my life I though it was THAT slow to actually train. So I can see now why people say it is in fact dead, I mean, who would play it unless for the giggles and laughs?
RSc would require far more attention, but unlike you said, more playing time is not equal to more skill. RSc compared to actual RS is just to click more on a range and doing more bank trips to get 99 cooking.
So...yeah. =P

Edited by Mizzi Rox, 04 July 2012 - 08:26 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my YouTube channel for RS content =3

"MizilaOnRunescape"

#118 JackSprat

JackSprat

< -5 | 2 | +5 >

• RS Name:82789
  • Clan:None!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

I loved it to death!
I wish it would be the mainstream RS again. Levelling actually meant something. You couldn't 1-99 stats in a week like you can a few of the skills on the current RS. People were FAR more social and it just had a charm that couldn't be matched. Missing it definitely! By now you're a 10 year vet, congrats!

~Jack

#119 Teddy

Teddy

Excuse me?

• RS Name:Sc0rp X L R
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

I've read this whole thread, from Da Dragon all the way to JackSprat above me, and while I love RuneScape 2 very much, I've always had a feeling that RuneScape Classic was truly the game for me. I just wasn't around to experience it in its entirety.

As seven years have gone past for me in RuneScape 2, I've found myself speaking less and less to other players, only a few treasured friends that have remained over the years and to the random diamond in the rough that characterizes the current community. Sometimes I even just play with public off, but then I change that in case someone randomly thinks I'm botting. On one hand, it's because I see "finishing" RuneScape my way a very personal endeavour. I'll meet many others along the way, but it's ultimately my journey. I don't need to talk with a bunch of random idiots at the Grand Exchange who wear fancy clothes and overuse the ":)" emoticon when talking with a hot RuneScape avatar. In that respect, I'm hoping that after I finish RuneScape 2, I can "retire" in a way to RuneScape Classic: an unbeatable, unchangeable game, where with one character I have a few low skills, and with the other I have an absolutely clean slate, straight level 1's (I've thought about making an Achievements Thread documenting my every level and quest, for those who are interested).

But on the other hand, maybe I don't talk with these people because the game has gotten so large that I don't feel substance in my interactions with others. There are few heroes around nowadays. In RuneScape Classic, everyone knew the top players, even if "top" meant you were level 85 or lower. Plus, the game as a whole just has so many millions of players, that I guess I've just faded into the background because I know that no matter how hard I try, that's where I'll be. RuneScape Classic gave the opportunity to stand out. Unfortunately, it's so easy to stand out nowadays in a world populated by at most a dozen others at any given time.

I miss RuneScape Classic, not for what I remember, but for what I've never been able to experience. As RuneScape 2 has gotten easier, the addiction seems to have ramped up, indeed sporadically. My seven-year-long goals seem ever closer and achievable. It'd be sobering to finally progress to regress to a game that I know I can't beat, that is more or less single-player, and where I think I belong. Too bad there wouldn't be a community around for me.

-Teddy
Posted Image

#120 qazbob12

qazbob12

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

you have to compare the games not by the outsides, but the insides, such as the experience. Don't forget you have to compare them when they were at their heights, not right now. Otherwise, Rs2 looks better.
what people call me online: simply Alca and barney.
of course, if you don't adapt, you won't survive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: