• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 GuyInaBox

GuyInaBox

• RS Name:Guy In a Box
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:23 PM

Skiller Money Making Methods

Yes these are some common methods but I find the most common ones to be the most useful.

Method One: Farming
Method Rating: 5/5
I usually split farming into two categories, one being the money making half, the other being the xp farming half.
So of course were going to be talking about the money making.
Now almost every kind of herb can make you money. So even starting at Guam once you reach level 9 farming would be useful.
But the real money comes in when you get higher farming levels and start using herbs like Ranarr. The best way to make money off this method is to go farming runs while you use one of the other methods because farming is a "sub-skill" you should train other things and not just sit and wait for hours for plants to grow.
(If your not a skiller doing the Fairy Tale Part 1 quest would be helpful to get the magic secatuers).
Here is a video of how to do farm runs, if your a skiller just use teletabs not runes.
*Video credit to afonso218

Method Two: Hunter
Method Rating: 2/5
Now hunter can be difficult due to the many people botting chinchompas which leaves not much room for you.
So I wouldn't recommend this method unless your getting 99 hunter, and if your getting that there's faster methods.
Anyways, back to the money making. Once you get 63 hunting you can hunt Red Chinchompas which I'm sure you've heard about or hunted sometime in your RuneScape career. Now it's best to hunt these tiny beasts with a spottier cape, some form of hunting armor, and light clothing (Boots of Lightness, Penace Gloves, etc). Like I said this method is not recommended, but you can try if you want.

Method Three: Mining
Method Rating: 4/5
Ah, mining. The skill most people find boring, but can actually makes you millions! Mining is a very simple concept, you click the ore, you get ore, etc. now these ores can make you tons of money very quickly! Even mining low level ores like Clay, Copper, or even Tin can make you a quick 100k on a new account. But what I suggest is Mining Guild (Requires 60 mining) coal/mithril mining if you want decent xp and decent money. If your all in for the money then I suggest mining Iron in Yanille or Varrock, you can make up to 150k/hr but the xp isn't great. So this is a good method because almost every ore makes you lots and lots of money!

Method Four: Crafting
Method Rating: 3/5
Crafting.. my current highest skill. This is how I made most of my money, even though it's not as good as Mining, or Farming, it still makes you loads of cash each day if you do it right. If your just starting crafting and are in the levels 1-49 I suggest spinning flax. This is a very old method that will probably always work, and is one of the most reliable methods. I say this because the price of Flax usually stays around 80-100gp each, on the other hand the Bowstring can sell for 180-230 each! that may not sound like alot but in the end you'll make tons of money becuase this method is fairly quick. Another method is making Gold Bracelets/Gold Amulets. Both of these items require a low crafting level and can make you profit! All you need is an amulet or bracelet mold, and some gold bars. Crafting will probably always be my favorite money making methods yet I only rate is a 3/5 because it can be slow at some times, and prices can change very easily. So all-in-all I'd stick with Flax/Bowstring for crafting.

These have been my 4 favorite money making methods and I hope this helped all you skillers! (I say skillers because I don't include combat methods in this guide and I am a skiller).

Thanks for viewing my first money making guide, hope you all liked it and tell me what you think!
JUST A GUY, IN A BOX.

#2 Akkuta Same

Akkuta Same

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:16 PM

i always wanted to become a skiller but...idk
gj anyways

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 GuyInaBox

GuyInaBox

• RS Name:Guy In a Box

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

View PostAkkuta Same, on 25 October 2010 - 11:16 PM, said:

gj anyways

Well if you already trained combat on your account then you'd have to make a new account to become "Skiller".
And if you decide to do that, then please please PLEASE!
Do NOT become a "Prayer Skiller" or "Defence Skiller" because they are not truly skillers. A Skiller is level 3, no combat stats what-so-ever. If you decide to make a skiller add me in-game and I'll help you out.

Edited by GuyInaBox, 26 October 2010 - 02:20 PM.

JUST A GUY, IN A BOX.

#4 Tired Tim

Tired Tim

• RS Name:Tired Tim

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:48 PM

View PostGuyInaBox, on 26 October 2010 - 02:19 PM, said:

gj anyways

Well if you already trained combat on your account then you'd have to make a new account to become "Skiller".
Do NOT become a "Prayer Skiller" or "Defence Skiller" because they are not truly skillers. A Skiller is level 3, no combat stats what-so-ever. If you decide to make a skiller add me in-game and I'll help you out.

Skillers aren't necessarily level 3 combat.

See:

Skiller 1 Magic Skiller

There are MANY others, but I can't be asked to go find them. You don't have to have combat level 3; you are allowed to be unique. It is a game afterall.

Posted Image

#5 Michaël

Michaël

Nothing interesting happens.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:55 PM

I'm an attack skiller  :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#6 TUNF

TUNF

I'm back

• RS Name:P Y

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

View PostMichaël, on 26 October 2010 - 03:55 PM, said:

I'm an attack skiller  :thumbsup:

Been there, done that.. Gets old when people say "omg hax for 99 attack at 35 combat" :thumbsup:

For mining, skillers do just fine at LRC, and it is hell of a lot better money/exp, and it's not as boring.

Posted Image

#7 Christmas

Christmas

^At least it's in season^

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:58 PM

gj anyways

I disagree. A level 3 is a limited skiller. I hate to break it to you, but there's 24 skills (and one exp based minigame). A true skiller trains all of these, including combat. Your definition is limited. Are you saying the guy with 100 combat and 2250 total isn't a skiller? I would say most people would disagree. Combat levels also allow you to maximize efficiency in non-combat skills.
~The

Edited by Christmas, 26 October 2010 - 04:59 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Grief

Grief

Grief, your best friend (:

• Team:bffs 4 life

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:22 PM

View PostChristmas, on 26 October 2010 - 04:58 PM, said:

gj anyways

I disagree. A level 3 is a limited skiller. I hate to break it to you, but there's 24 skills (and one exp based minigame). A true skiller trains all of these, including combat. Your definition is limited. Are you saying the guy with 100 combat and 2250 total isn't a skiller? I would say most people would disagree. Combat levels also allow you to maximize efficiency in non-combat skills.
~The

100% agree

#9 Lord o Bones

Lord o Bones

• RS Name:Wishz0

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:39 PM

View PostGrief, on 26 October 2010 - 09:22 PM, said:

View PostChristmas, on 26 October 2010 - 04:58 PM, said:

gj anyways

~The

100% agree

^Same, a lot of people are skill based over combat. As far as I see it if your non-combat skills overall exp out weighs your combat skills exp, then you are "skiller" based.

Posted Image

#10 PlayToSkill

PlayToSkill

• RS Name:PlayToSkill

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:40 AM

Thanks  :thumbsup: , could be usefull for me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: