Friends List Groups

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Cajunfiend

Cajunfiend

• RS Name:Cajunfiend
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

I think it would help all of us to remember why we added someone if we could group them into a Contacts list.

Idea for pre-made group:

Clan
Because most of us add everyone that's in our clan. Some of us have so many clan members that we can't remember them all, making us wonder a few years later why we added them in the first place. This causes some of us some confusion. Especially those like me with minor memory problems :P

That's really the only group we'd need unless Jagex would allow us to name our own group.

Thanks for reading :D

edit: After reading the awesome comments of the RSC, i've decided to brainstorm a bit more on the details.

For each group:
  • To start you can either right click on your friend list and choose an option "Add Group"
  • After you make your group, you should be able to right click on it to choose a color from the list of chat effects here.
  • When you hover over the contacts of a certain group you can scroll down/up since you will not be able to see all your friends anyway.
  • When there is someone in your clan who has added you to their friends list and messages you, you should be able to right click on their name, which should have an option "Add to group" to add them to a certain specified group
  • When there's someone in public chat who you want to add to a group you should also have a right click option to add them to a group

Edited by Kajunfiend, 16 October 2010 - 09:51 AM.
You may post your suggestions on other websites but do not refer to any other instances of it. - Ramu

#2 noobking3000

noobking3000

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

i like the idea ;)

add more to it though especially on the rsof, like how it would work, if you deleted a friend, etc Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Cajunfiend

Cajunfiend

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

Well it's really hard to go more in-dept than I already have. It's a simple suggestion with a simple goal- To help you group and remember your friends.

#4 Idiot Wasabi

Idiot Wasabi

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:02 AM

this is such a good idea, happens to me all the time, i sit there trying to remember who this person i added is and why i added them, clan grouping and grouping in general would help so much  :yes:

Posted Image

"I often forget other people have limitations."

Epic vid is epic
>>>>>>     <<<<<<

#5 Aflstar

Aflstar

• RS Name:Aflstar
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:04 AM

View PostKajunfiend, on 15 October 2010 - 06:32 PM, said:

Well it's really hard to go more in-dept than I already have. It's a simple suggestion with a simple goal- To help you group and remember your friends.

Whilst this is a very good idea, something that really should be implemented, there is a little bit extra you can add to your suggestion. How many groups can be made? Can you change the colour of each group and what not, could you pull the group onto the playing area and make new menus?

Also, a few pictures of your idea wouldnt go astray either. Keep up the good work though!!  :yes:

Posted Image

#6 Teh_Andyy

Teh_Andyy

Suck it up

• RS Name:Teh_Andyy

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:12 AM

I have so many people on my list i dont have a clue how i met/spoke to them.

Very good idea but do you mean like, a sort of scroll down menu where you can choose 'clan list' and 'friends list' ?

:yes:

Posted Image

[Semi-Active ]
Best Troll Ever

#7 Cajunfiend

Cajunfiend

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:50 AM

Edited in some more ideas i've had.

#8 Cthulthu

Cthulthu

Pixel Critic

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

I like this idea too, and not because he's my clan member :P
A problem i find a lot nowadays is that i forget who people are because they change their names to something ridiculous and after a month, we lose all trace of who they used to be. This idea would help us identify those people as we knew them so at least we don't get confused or don't have to ask them who they are. I usually remove these people from my FL because i cba finding out who they are and i hate having to think of people i've known for a long time, under a different name. That's one of the reasons i'll never chance my name, among many others, but for those who do, this would be helpful in identifying them regardless of their current name.

However, just to counter this, event though it isn't as convenient as your own suggestion, you can rank your friends, which is sort of like grouping them.
Perhaps it would be best if the groups remained as ranks but in your FL, so those ranks would be more defined and easily accessed. So like, in your FL, instead of listing online friends in the order they logged in, and offline friends in the order they were added, we would have them ordered in terms of their ranks, so all my online 'Generals' would appear on top of the list and all the offline 'Generals' would appear ontop of the offline list.
[Zybez] vs. Corporeal Beast, 4th June - Saturday, 1.00pm EST / 6.00pm BST (GMT+1)
Join The Lavadragon, 80+ Combat or 1400+ Skill or Check our Recruitment Topic first
This is my Story, Cthulthu's Goals/Achievements & Blogs

Posted Image

- Cthulthu - 138 Combat - 2421 Skill -
- 99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Defence - 99 Hitpoint - 99 Range -
- 99 Mage - 99 Summoning - 99 Prayer - 99 Slayer -

- 99 Woodcutting - 99 Fletching  - 99 Fishing - 99 Construction -
- 99 Smithing - 99 Crafting - 99 Farming - 99 Firemaking -
- 99 Herblore -  99 Thieving - 99 Cooking - 99 Mining -

#9 Alllgood

Alllgood

I joined the fan club

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

ye decent idea....hard to keep up with who's who since every1 changes their names every month.
Posted Image
                     http://www.ancient-fury.com/forum/

#10 Pope_Smotage

Pope_Smotage

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:02 PM

Why not have it work something like facebook chat? Why does it matter if they show up on your friendslist if they're offline? You can't chat to them anyways.

Posted Image
Retired: 2/14/11

#11 Numberplay

Numberplay

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:05 PM

I totally agree with this idea. Is it on the runescape forum?

I usually don't clean my friend list and sometime i receive a message from a really old friend i can't even remember. If at least i could put a note about him somewhere in the friend list (like a group name) that would be alot simpler.

#12 Cajunfiend

Cajunfiend

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:04 AM

View PostNumberplay, on 24 October 2010 - 07:05 PM, said:

I totally agree with this idea. Is it on the runescape forum?

I usually don't clean my friend list and sometime i receive a message from a really old friend i can't even remember. If at least i could put a note about him somewhere in the friend list (like a group name) that would be alot simpler.
Yea, i had it in the topic but they deleted it... Linking to other variations of this suggestion is prohibited.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: