Reset Button For Dungeoneering

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 b004u

b004u

• RS Status:Member
  • Clan:NONE

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:39 PM

What does the " reset " button do for dungeoneering? I currently just started playing this minigame.

#2 Frogg

Frogg

Lé Frog

• RS Name:Froggneo
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:44 PM

Here is a quote from the guide on Runescape.com

Of course, you will quickly reach a point where there are no more floors to explore with your current multiplier. This is where the 'Reset' button on your party interface comes into play. The 'reset' button, once pressed on your ring of kinship interface, will do two things: firstly, it will reset your progress in each dungeon, meaning that you will have raided 0 different dungeon floors; secondly, it will set your prestige total to a fixed total. This fixed total is equal to the number of different floors you raided before you pressed the 'Reset' button.

The value of this button soon becomes obvious: on a first run-through of the floors in Daemonheim, you would have received a prestige total of 1 on floor 2, of 2 on floor 3, etc. Pressing 'Reset' after raiding 5 individual floors will give you a fixed prestige total of 5, so you can then have a prestige total of 5 on floor 1, of 5 on floor 2, etc. This is a marked improvement over the prestige totals of 1 and 2 noted before. It is often recommended that you reset your prestige total if you have reached a point where you are rarely unlocking new floors to raid.

http://www.runescape...neering_rewards

Posted Image

#3 b004u

b004u

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:51 PM

I still don't understand what you just explained to me. :\ im still a newbie at this

#4 Frogg

Frogg

Lé Frog

• RS Name:Froggneo
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:55 PM

The button has a love-hate relationship with your leveling. It, essentially, resets your prestige, or amount of exp you'll receive at the end of the raid, to a fixed amount and allows you to access more floors to raid.

Edited by Frogg, 25 August 2010 - 07:03 PM.

Posted Image

#5 b004u

b004u

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

When should I press the reset button? this is so confusing

#6 ssgoku

ssgoku

• RS Name:ssgoku

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

Press it when you did all the floors you can do at your level.

Posted Image
Sig

#7 b004u

b004u

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:57 PM

View Postssgoku, on 25 August 2010 - 09:36 PM, said:

Press it when you did all the floors you can do at your level.

If i REALLY know what floor i'm on. I played all day and only achieved to level 7 dungeoneering. People telling me that I need to complete floor 3 before proceding to floor 4. Exactly, How do I know what floor am I on. When I check the floors it goes like this SO TELL ME what floor am I on. 4 or 3?? cos i already got 7 dung..
Posted Image

So right now, I just got to this , and what the hell are " 1,2,3,4,5 " and the check marks? if I exit the floor, then it would only show "1" and 4 check marks underneathe

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by b004u, 26 August 2010 - 12:15 AM.

#8 iBasch

iBasch

• RS Name:Zyliax

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:44 AM

In the first picture, you have done all floors that you can, so that would be the time to reset and start at floor 1 again.
In the second, if you would do floor 4 now, and get to level 9, which means you can access floor 5, you would do floor 5 first. If after that you are unable to play floor 6, you reset.

Basically, when you've done all possible floors and you can't do a new one, you reset your progress.

#9 Valdas

Valdas

• RS Name:Valdas
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:41 AM

Reset button A.K.A prestige means that: do all floors only ONCE, when you completed ALL you can access, reset and repeat.
Posted Image

#10 b004u

b004u

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:54 AM

View PostiBasch, on 26 August 2010 - 01:44 AM, said:

In the first picture, you have done all floors that you can, so that would be the time to reset and start at floor 1 again.
In the second, if you would do floor 4 now, and get to level 9, which means you can access floor 5, you would do floor 5 first. If after that you are unable to play floor 6, you reset.

Basically, when you've done all possible floors and you can't do a new one, you reset your progress.

Can you explain to me what are the " 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, " in the yellow box and the check marks underneathe? This " RESET " and " Floor " terms is so hard to understand because i'm never the host.

What you mean for the reset button is that since I can access floor 4, I would have to start at floor 1 again, and then work my way up to the possible floor I could access which is floor (4) and then when I complete the last floor, I press RESET before the leaving floor ?

#11 Rayan

Rayan

Asian Win

• RS Name:Rayan

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:18 AM

View Postb004u, on 26 August 2010 - 08:54 AM, said:

Can you explain to me what are the " 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, " in the yellow box and the check marks underneathe? This " RESET " and " Floor " terms is so hard to understand because i'm never the host.

What you mean for the reset button is that since I can access floor 4, I would have to start at floor 1 again, and then work my way up to the possible floor I could access which is floor (4) and then when I complete the last floor, I press RESET before the leaving floor ?

the 1,2,3,4,5 are the numbers assigned to players in your team so you can see what floors they can and can't do.

Basically;do all floors you can (they will be checked on the left),then press reset,rinse and repeat.

Edited by Rayan, 26 August 2010 - 11:29 AM.

http://rsig.eu/stat/kzot3ij5/Rayan.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#12 b004u

b004u

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

View PostRayan, on 26 August 2010 - 11:18 AM, said:

View Postb004u, on 26 August 2010 - 08:54 AM, said:

the 1,2,3,4,5 are the numbers assigned to players in your team so you can see what floors they can and can't do.

Basically;do all floors you can (they will be checked on the left),then press reset,rinse and repeat.

When you mean do all floors you can, whenever I complete a floor I can possible do, thats when I should press reset? or if i am on floor say "10", then i do floors 1-10 and then press reset and procede to 11?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: