Jump to content


Best Monster For Lvl 4 Clue Scroll


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 PreSnipeBoss

PreSnipeBoss

    Junior Member

  • Posts:43
  • Joined:29-April 10
  • RS Name:PreSnipeBoss
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

I was wondering what the best monster is for lvl 4 clue scrolls.  I've been camped out at steels/irons for hours and haven't received one yet.
Posted Image

#2 Notmyname

Notmyname

    Squirrels = Uber-Pwnage

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

Giant mole, easy to kill if you know the right methods, and 800k+ an hour from drops in an empty world Posted Image

Posted Image


Proud User and Supporter of Runescape Salvation

Click on Show for information on how to get it!

Spoiler


#3 PreSnipeBoss

PreSnipeBoss

    Junior Member

  • Posts:43
  • Joined:29-April 10
  • RS Name:PreSnipeBoss
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

ehhh I despise killing the mole.
Posted Image

#4 RSD_YouTrollin

RSD_YouTrollin

    RSD

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:04 PM

I'd say Bronze dragons.

Posted Image

Posted Image

[ RSD Elite Member ]


#5 Cavan

Cavan

    merp

  • Posts:1,871
  • Joined:17-January 10
  • RS Name:Cavan
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:zybeznet

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:04 PM

View PostPreSnipeBoss, on 16 August 2010 - 06:59 PM, said:

ehhh I despise killing the mole.

Mole is fun, good amount of bird's nest, KBD style drop table & Elite Clues. Just make sure to poison her :)

Posted Image


#6 Rabidwulf

Rabidwulf

    lawl

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:16 PM

View PostPennStateUni, on 16 August 2010 - 07:04 PM, said:

I'd say Bronze dragons.


Bronze are actually the worst to kill jagex said they are the least likely monster to drop them since it's higher chance to get elite on harder monsters. Try killing mith drags they seem pretty good most of my friends camp those for their elites.

Edited by Rabidwulf, 16 August 2010 - 07:16 PM.

Posted Image
How to keep an idiot occupied:
Please read the line below!
Please read the line above!


#7 troacctid

troacctid

    Member

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:33 PM

The common trap people fall into is killing monsters with bad drops in hopes of getting a clue scroll that gives good drops. In actuality, it's far better to kill a monster with good drops, and do the occasional clue scroll and not have to care whether it has good rewards.

With this in mind, the best you can do is to kill monsters that are worth killing even if you don't get clue drops: Bork, Skeletal Horror, slayer tasks, KBD, DKs, mithril dragons...certainly not garbage like bronze/iron/steel dragons. ;-)

#8 Sdn

Sdn

    Member

  • Posts:3,228
  • Joined:22-April 07
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

View Posttroacctid, on 16 August 2010 - 09:33 PM, said:

The common trap people fall into is killing monsters with bad drops in hopes of getting a clue scroll that gives good drops. In actuality, it's far better to kill a monster with good drops, and do the occasional clue scroll and not have to care whether it has good rewards.

With this in mind, the best you can do is to kill monsters that are worth killing even if you don't get clue drops: Bork, Skeletal Horror, slayer tasks, KBD, DKs, mithril dragons...certainly not garbage like bronze/iron/steel dragons. ;-)

Steels are amazing for clues, I got an elite first kill and around 8 off them in 500 kills while banking bones with yak. I got a few effigies and dragon legs while searching for them so theyre really good.

#9 troacctid

troacctid

    Member

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:38 PM

View PostSdn, on 16 August 2010 - 09:36 PM, said:

View Posttroacctid, on 16 August 2010 - 09:33 PM, said:

The common trap people fall into is killing monsters with bad drops in hopes of getting a clue scroll that gives good drops. In actuality, it's far better to kill a monster with good drops, and do the occasional clue scroll and not have to care whether it has good rewards.

With this in mind, the best you can do is to kill monsters that are worth killing even if you don't get clue drops: Bork, Skeletal Horror, slayer tasks, KBD, DKs, mithril dragons...certainly not garbage like bronze/iron/steel dragons. ;-)

Steels are amazing for clues, I got an elite first kill and around 8 off them in 500 kills while banking bones with yak. I got a few effigies and dragon legs while searching for them so theyre really good.
Steels aren't as bad as bronze and they're worth doing as a slayer task, but I wouldn't kill them off-task as they're just too slow and not worth it without the black mask bonus. You can do much better than steels.

#10 Sdn

Sdn

    Member

  • Posts:3,228
  • Joined:22-April 07
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:48 PM

View Posttroacctid, on 16 August 2010 - 09:38 PM, said:

View PostSdn, on 16 August 2010 - 09:36 PM, said:

View Posttroacctid, on 16 August 2010 - 09:33 PM, said:

The common trap people fall into is killing monsters with bad drops in hopes of getting a clue scroll that gives good drops. In actuality, it's far better to kill a monster with good drops, and do the occasional clue scroll and not have to care whether it has good rewards.

With this in mind, the best you can do is to kill monsters that are worth killing even if you don't get clue drops: Bork, Skeletal Horror, slayer tasks, KBD, DKs, mithril dragons...certainly not garbage like bronze/iron/steel dragons. ;-)

Steels are amazing for clues, I got an elite first kill and around 8 off them in 500 kills while banking bones with yak. I got a few effigies and dragon legs while searching for them so theyre really good.
Steels aren't as bad as bronze and they're worth doing as a slayer task, but I wouldn't kill them off-task as they're just too slow and not worth it without the black mask bonus. You can do much better than steels.

With CLS, ardy cape 3, onyx ring (i), extremes and rune defender I kill them in seconds off task. I know he probably doesn't have this but for higher levels who do it is a very good source of cash and elites.

#11 troacctid

troacctid

    Member

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:49 PM

View PostSdn, on 16 August 2010 - 09:48 PM, said:

With CLS, ardy cape 3, onyx ring (i), extremes and rune defender I kill them in seconds off task. I know he probably doesn't have this but for higher levels who do it is a very good source of cash and elites.
If you have access to yaks, extremes, and chaotic weapons, you should be able to make money much faster elsewhere.

#12 Sdn

Sdn

    Member

  • Posts:3,228
  • Joined:22-April 07
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:55 PM

View Posttroacctid, on 16 August 2010 - 09:49 PM, said:

View PostSdn, on 16 August 2010 - 09:48 PM, said:

With CLS, ardy cape 3, onyx ring (i), extremes and rune defender I kill them in seconds off task. I know he probably doesn't have this but for higher levels who do it is a very good source of cash and elites.
If you have access to yaks, extremes, and chaotic weapons, you should be able to make money much faster elsewhere.

But this is for elite clues, if you have a cls/rapier then you have 80 dunge and can use the new dungeons around runescape which have basically 6 steels with no one else there.

#13 troacctid

troacctid

    Member

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

View PostSdn, on 16 August 2010 - 09:55 PM, said:

View Posttroacctid, on 16 August 2010 - 09:49 PM, said:

View PostSdn, on 16 August 2010 - 09:48 PM, said:

With CLS, ardy cape 3, onyx ring (i), extremes and rune defender I kill them in seconds off task. I know he probably doesn't have this but for higher levels who do it is a very good source of cash and elites.
If you have access to yaks, extremes, and chaotic weapons, you should be able to make money much faster elsewhere.

But this is for elite clues, if you have a cls/rapier then you have 80 dunge and can use the new dungeons around runescape which have basically 6 steels with no one else there.
By "faster money" what I meant was "faster money, even after the money from the elite clue scrolls". ;-)

#14 ronzomanzi

ronzomanzi

    Member

  • Posts:667
  • Joined:05-September 03

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:58 PM

View Posttroacctid, on 16 August 2010 - 09:57 PM, said:

View PostSdn, on 16 August 2010 - 09:55 PM, said:

View Posttroacctid, on 16 August 2010 - 09:49 PM, said:

View PostSdn, on 16 August 2010 - 09:48 PM, said:

With CLS, ardy cape 3, onyx ring (i), extremes and rune defender I kill them in seconds off task. I know he probably doesn't have this but for higher levels who do it is a very good source of cash and elites.
If you have access to yaks, extremes, and chaotic weapons, you should be able to make money much faster elsewhere.

But this is for elite clues, if you have a cls/rapier then you have 80 dunge and can use the new dungeons around runescape which have basically 6 steels with no one else there.
By "faster money" what I meant was "faster money, even after the money from the elite clue scrolls". ;-)

Some people might find this hard to believe, but people do some things for FUN in this game.  I enjoy doing clues, especially elites so I could care less how much money I make while obtaining them.

#15 Sdn

Sdn

    Member

  • Posts:3,228
  • Joined:22-April 07
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:59 PM

View Posttroacctid, on 16 August 2010 - 09:57 PM, said:

View PostSdn, on 16 August 2010 - 09:55 PM, said:

View Posttroacctid, on 16 August 2010 - 09:49 PM, said:

View PostSdn, on 16 August 2010 - 09:48 PM, said:

With CLS, ardy cape 3, onyx ring (i), extremes and rune defender I kill them in seconds off task. I know he probably doesn't have this but for higher levels who do it is a very good source of cash and elites.
If you have access to yaks, extremes, and chaotic weapons, you should be able to make money much faster elsewhere.

But this is for elite clues, if you have a cls/rapier then you have 80 dunge and can use the new dungeons around runescape which have basically 6 steels with no one else there.
By "faster money" what I meant was "faster money, even after the money from the elite clue scrolls". ;-)

But I only did elites because I wanted the new items to trade for well the new items lol. People would and might only trade the new tt items for other new tt items so it would be hard to get some without sniping off ge and doing elites got me my fury kit thanks to the items I got.

#16 troacctid

troacctid

    Member

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

View Postronzomanzi, on 16 August 2010 - 09:58 PM, said:

Some people might find this hard to believe, but people do some things for FUN in this game. I enjoy doing clues, especially elites so I could care less how much money I make while obtaining them.
That's very lovely, and you should go ahead and take your fun, inefficient activities to another forum, perhaps General or Achievements. For now, this is the Questions forum, and players asking for help should be able to expect good answers and not just "You should go kill KQ cuz it's fun!" ;-)

View PostSdn, on 16 August 2010 - 09:59 PM, said:

But I only did elites because I wanted the new items to trade for well the new items lol. People would and might only trade the new tt items for other new tt items so it would be hard to get some without sniping off ge and doing elites got me my fury kit thanks to the items I got.
Yeah, special circumstances. *shrug*

Still better to kill DKs or Tormented Demons though.

Edited by troacctid, 16 August 2010 - 10:04 PM.


#17 Ricardio

Ricardio

    Member

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:15 PM

I keep hearing strykewyrms gave me the clue....and im starting to believe it. Train slayer and get to strykewyrms, they have a pretty steady drop rate. Do not do metal dragons. I killed 200-300 this week, mostly ironz. 2 clues and 1 d legs. horrid luck ;-)

I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM!

I love to talk and about ANYTHING. Hit me up whenever/Anytime. Make sure you say how you got my name
PM me in game: Wrect em if you like to talk

If you like my post, + or -, IDC as long as I know someone cares <3


#18 Opts

Opts

    Member

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:03 AM

I get alot from soloing bandos.


Posted Image
Come At Me


#19 indoff

indoff

    Member

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:36 AM

Mith Dragons seem to be a good option.
Posted Image

#20 Ryms

Ryms

    Member

  • Posts:59
  • Joined:30-May 09
  • RS Name:R3ms9
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:47 AM

I'm camping mith drags and I'm not very lucky -.- I only get lvl 3 clues
Posted Image
Spoiler




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana
 
Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt
 
Color: