#41 AGS Lover

AGS Lover

highly illogical.

• RS Name:Submersion
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:None

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

Thieving: +15% chance of succesful pickpocket anywhere

There is already a cape that does that (Ardougne Cloak 3), so perhaps something else? (or a more significant boost)

Also the Constitution and Cooking abilities are basically identical. Perhaps the Constitution cape could regenerate Hitpoints at a much faster rate? (4x normal or something)

Looking good, I really like it!

#42 CakesAreFries

CakesAreFries

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

View PostBh Stalk, on 05 September 2010 - 04:52 AM, said:

Dont see how some can be overpowered... you earnt 99 skill, you want more than a crappy emote as a reward for your life wasted
You don't understand the point of skill capes. They aren't the achievement or reward for wasting your life. They're only to show off your achievements. Jagex seriously considered removing them after they were implimented because they realized people did not understand the concept.

Edit: Any production skills that save 15% or use less materials are overpowered. These would severely unbalance the economy into a catch-22 of skilling. Fine for resource skills, not fine for production(Craft/Smith/Herb).

Edited by CakesAreLies, 30 September 2010 - 11:22 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 TUNF

TUNF

I'm back

• RS Name:P Y

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:55 PM

I think the cooking cape's food SHOULDN'T be able to trade, keep the no value though.

I like the other ideas, then wearing the cape while help out instead of looking semi-cool.

Edited by TUNF, 01 October 2010 - 09:55 PM.

Posted Image

#44 Paul

Paul

YouTube: Paulc771

• RS Name:Duneire

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:16 AM

This seems like a pretty good idea. The bonuses you have suggested don't seem to be too overpowered (I only took a quick skim through them though :P)

A skill cape is an awesome reward for getting a 99 skill as it is, but it would be nice to get something else to make it that bit more exciting to achieve a 99!

The only con I can see is that it might make getting 200m exp a little bit of a lesser achievement than it is now.

Check out my YouTube channel full of random vids! Here

- Duneire (RSN)

- I follow Jesus

- 99 Firemaking achieved - 7th June 2008

- 99 Cooking achieved - 22nd October 2008

- 99 Construction achieved - 8th April 2010

- 99 Woodcutting achieved - 6th June 2010

- 99 Crafting achieved - May 2012

- Former Zybez Radio DJ - tune in here!

#45 audee

audee

• RS Name:audee
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:Sg

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:33 AM

Cool idea....
perhaps jagex could throw in this "Cape of all capes"... by requiring players to combine all 25 skill cape into 1? ahaha..
*To Lead To Excel To Overcome*

#46 Vulcan583

Vulcan583

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:36 AM

This is such a good idea, though for hp maybe faster regen?
Posted Image

#47 Karlology

Karlology

• RS Name:Karlology

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

This does sound like a good idea, however I would prefer it not to be released. Why? Well, because 99's are easy to obtain nowaways, with such easy methods to get most of them, the skill becomes a jokes, take fletching, cooking, firemaking, woodcutting and strength for example. The purpose of the cape is to sow off your achomplishments and achievements, not to further boost them. This is just my opinion and don't take it personally, I love the ideas and can see how they would benefit in-game, it's just that there really is no need for it.

#48 imk

imk

Kìyevame

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:42 AM

Jagex has already given the average player so much advantage thus far. There really isn't anymore need to improve more items as they are fine with how they are now.

#49 Flom

Flom

• RS Name:F L O M
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:02 PM

Good idea. In most cases, getting the actual level 99 doesn't make a difference (the cape aside). A real reward like these would be alot better.

Posted Image

#50 Khrronos

Khrronos

Time is of the essence

• RS Name:Rectifyy

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:58 AM

That's actually a great idea. Not many skills actually allow you to do something new at level 99. The thing is about the Smithing cape, how would it work at the Blast Furnace, specifically for the production of steel?

#51 BIacksmith

BIacksmith

Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game.

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:45 PM

View PostRangeInvokes, on 07 August 2010 - 03:59 PM, said:

Great ideas and i dont see why people are complianing about summoning being overpowerd your 99 anyways all you would be doing is making more pouches/scrolls for people any way. It would make the skill a little cheap but the skill would still be hard because u have to get charms. Also u can make it where when u have 99summoning with the cape on u can Summon 2 Family's at 1 time lol...
And prayer where u have the cape on U are able to use 2 prayers at 1 time like protect Range/Mage.

But thenbandos wouldn't be able to kill you

Posted Image

#52 Ducks108

Ducks108

ty jim

• RS Name:Ducks108

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:20 PM

Very nice suggestion you got going here bud! But I have a few suggestions for you. First off the Prayer seems a bit much, even though it's only 10% slower you have so many Prayers to choose from + there so powerful. I like how the Prayer is not for PvP situations though. I like the Magic one as I always try to spam click air runes for a Varrock teleport or Falador teleport and I only get one. But wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to get xp then?

The Crafting suggestion I think it would have the same effect as Magic, it would cost a lot less to get experience. Dungeoneering, I love it even though I will probably never get 99 and forget about 120, so won't benefit me :# . I make about 15-30k per patch most of the time with Farming, but if you have the dedication to do Farming 15% more production couldn't hurt. Fishing - the would be epic as when I fish I take naps in between my bank trips (being sarcastic there :thumbsup: ). Even though by the time your 99 Fishing you would probably want to stop.

Would you get the experience in Crafting as if you made the flax into bow string with your Fletching cape suggestion? If you have Varrock Armor 2 or 3 you can mine 2 ores at once, but all over RuneScape would be nice (Mining suggestion). This is a very well laid out suggestion and I hope my input helps! :-/

Edited by Ducks108, 01 November 2010 - 08:32 PM.

#53 Honestiain

Honestiain

• RS Name:theemopirate
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:25 AM

So if I cooked a Tuna (using this as an example because it's an even 100) with the cooking cape on and got the extra 20 lp boost to make it heal 120. When I went out to train with it, wearing my constitution cape would it heal me 10% of the original 100 lp that a cooked tuna would normally have making the "super tuna" heal 130 lp or would it me 10% of the boosted tuna's effect making it 132 lp?

#54 Dari

Dari

• RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Divine Forces

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:35 PM

Umm good suggestions so far but I wanted to point out skills that are OP with the cape

Constitution:
Food heals +10% more (only in PvM/Normal situations)
Cooking: Food heals an extra 20 hp, can be traded, but has no value.
Farming: Extra 15% produce when collected
Herblore: Vials are not required to be filled with water, effects from potions will last 15% longer (Excluding Overloads)
Firemaking: Logs can be Left-Click lighted
Slayer: Ability to pick 4 monsters. These monsters are now less likely to be chosen, but when wearing the cape, you recieve a +5% bonus to Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged, and Magic bonus while killing them.
Smithing: Bars only require half the coal to make, Iron has 100% smithing rate
Magic: If an elemental rune is required for a spell, only 1 is required (If more than 1 type of elemental rune is required, then the elemental rune using the least runes is reduced to 1). Cape can be used to Charge any God Spell, in place of the cape. +5% Magic Damage Bonus (only in PvM/Normal situations)

Constitution doesn't just deal with Food,it deals with everything that boosts your health such as brew's etc

Cooking,extra 20HP????(20 or 200?if it is 20 thats too small if it is 200 that is too large)ok look if someone pvping at the low level bracket and buring large amount of food + pots that will be too hard to kill(probably 1 bite full hp),soon,more low level pkers or pvper will just start train cooking and reach to 99 and get the cape,since cooking is not a tough 99,there will be major amounts of low lvl pkers getting 99 cooking just for this boost I believe.

Farming,15% is too much 5% is fine

Herblore,that counts as 2 skillcape effect to 1....and the first effect doesnt make scene at all,and it will be too easy to reach 120 or 200mil exp

Firemaking,same as Herblore,you can just keep right click the log and auto moving,which makes 120 or 200mil exp more unchallengeable

Slayer,that will be OP,what happen if you got 5 abyssal task in a role to pick from 4?the more whip drop opportunity you will get,same with d bow , light staff,

Smithing,thats way OP,people with 99 smith and 99 mining can kill the RS economy by using less coal to make bars and "100%" to make iron bars

Magic,thats way too many bonus,and that will reduce the fire rune price much more

Edited by Dari, 14 November 2010 - 10:08 PM.

LoL ign - SnowTiger  (NA)

#55 A New

A New

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:18 PM

Good suggestion, this would make people want 99 even more !
Looking for a pure clan.

#56 Divine Drar

Divine Drar

• RS Name:Divine Drar

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:54 AM

I think this is a great suggestion as at the moment the capes provide no help towards their respective skill apart from the temporary boost to 100.

Edited by Divine Drar, 05 December 2010 - 08:22 AM.

Posted Image

#57 Law suitz

Law suitz

• RS Name:Law suitz

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

I think its a good idea but mabey if you change some of them up so it wont effect the economy. or make things to simple, it could be a great idea. Since people should be rewarded for the effort they put into their 99's  ^_^
†º°”˜`”°º×Posted Image ׺°”˜`”°º†
Posted Image

#58 hockeymanjs

hockeymanjs

Zybez DJ

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:33 AM

best idea ever... i would love it i would change the fishing wcing and mining though the mining you can do with varrok armour

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 r4ng3d r0xs

r4ng3d r0xs

• RS Name:R4ng3d R0xs
  • Clan:None

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:45 AM

I think if you're going to make constitution only apply to PvM Situations/Normal Situations, then cooking should be the exact same, only applying to normal/PvM Situations.

Apart from that, plenty of them are "OP" as others have stated. We have enough bonuses for Slayer now, that its qutie ridiculous to dream any more up. I honestly think that many of the benefits that should be gained from the Skill capes should be kept as trivial rewards, not beneficial rewards. Which was mainly the idea of the capes with the emotes to them.

Someone mentioned the catch-22 idea, and I believe this only helps that idea. The richer get richer, whilst the poorer get poorer.

-R4ng3d :#

Aim Low - Achieve your Goals

Rsn Chars:

R4ng3d_r0xs (main)

0x_chr1s_x0 (pure)

Mega_man40 (semi-retired - old main)

#60 Roly

Roly

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:11 AM

i like it
gives 'getting 99s for the cape' a whole new meaning

0 user(s) are reading this topic