Skill Cape Bonuses

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Lt Rhapthorn

Lt Rhapthorn

Formerly LOLBacon5

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:04 PM

POPULAR

After a discussion we had on the cc the other day, I decided to develop an idea to give skill capes a skill related boost. As of right now, the only use of a skill cape is for looks, showing off, or +4 prayer bonus, which is the same as Ardougne Cape 2. It's high time that with the hard work you put into your skill, your cape gives you some sort of bonus.

The List:

Combat Capes:

Attack:
+5% boost to attack, stacks with any other boost
Strength: +5% boost to strength, stacks with any other boost
Defence: +5% boost to defence, stacks with any other boost
Ranged: Cape acts as an Accumulator, Ammunition is now 15% less likely to break (excluding Bolt racks, Crystal Bow, Chinchompas, etc) (Only in PvM/Normal stiuations)
Prayer: All prayers drain 10% slower (only in PvM/Normal situations)
Magic: If an elemental rune is required for a spell, only 1 is required (If more than 1 type of elemental rune is required, then the elemental rune using the least runes is reduced to 1). Cape can be used to Charge any God Spell, in place of the cape. +5% Magic Damage Bonus (only in PvM/Normal situations)
Constitution: Food heals +10% more (only in PvM/Normal situations)
Summoning: Pouches require 25% less Spirit Shards to make, Familiars get an extra 5 minutes of time on their clock

Skilling Capes

Agility: Obsticles (course/shortcuts) can never be failed
Construction: Furnature can be built without need of Hammer/Saw/Watering Can
Cooking: Food heals an extra 20 hp, can be traded, but has no value.
Crafting: Crafting costs 1 less of the required material (Green D'hide bodys would only require 2 Green D'hides rather than 3) (Items requiring only 1 of the material used still require that 1)
Dungeoneering: Rewards cost 5% less to buy (Increases to 15% after True Skill Mastery)
Farming: Extra 15% produce when collected
Firemaking: Logs can be Left-Click lighted
Fishing: 15% chance for an extra fish per catch
Fletching: Instead of requiring a Bow-String to make a strung bow, only flax is required
Herblore: Vials are not required to be filled with water, effects from potions will last 15% longer (Excluding Overloads)
Hunter: Traps are 15% less likely to fall, and will not fall after time.
Mining: +15% chance to recieve 2 ores per mine (Excluding Rune)
Runecrafting: 10% more runes crafted anywhere (Increases to 20% after completion of Ardougne Diary Medium[Only on ZMI alter])
Slayer: Ability to pick 4 monsters. These monsters are now less likely to be chosen, but when wearing the cape, you recieve a +5% bonus to Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged, and Magic bonus while killing them.
Smithing: Bars only require half the coal to make, Iron has 100% smithing rate
Thieving: +15% chance of succesful pickpocket anywhere (Increases to +30% after completing Ardougne Hard Diary)
Woodcutting: 15% chance to recieve 2 logs per tree (Excluding Magic Trees)

I've had a go at re-balancing them, please tell me what you think now.

Edited by Lt Rhapthorn, 26 September 2010 - 01:39 PM.

Posted Image
Even though the topic is dead, his work should live on. I would personally appreciate it if you visited this thread: HerePosted Image

#2 santa clawz

santa clawz

my bank!

• RS Name:u sm1te
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:tezz

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

best.. suggestion ever but.. add pics.. somehow. :lmao:
need any help ?

pm me..

please give me a negative reputaition,

it only takes a few seaconds =]

#3 Lt Rhapthorn

Lt Rhapthorn

Formerly LOLBacon5

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:30 PM

View Postsanta clawz, on 31 July 2010 - 12:26 PM, said:

best.. suggestion ever but.. add pics.. somehow. http://forums.zybez....ault/unsure.gif

I honestly don't think there is a way to add pictures, other than that of the capes themselves, I guess.
Posted Image
Even though the topic is dead, his work should live on. I would personally appreciate it if you visited this thread: HerePosted Image

#4 Triapod

Triapod

• RS Name:Euren

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

The Dungeoneering cape could give bonus tokens.

The effect of the summoning cape seems to be a bit overpowered and would make summoning too easy. Maybe it could make summoning points regenerate slowly over time.

The firemaking cape would make cooking too easy. Perhaps when wearing a firecape you are able to light logs without a tinderbox (seeing as how the emote is). Also nice if after collecting a certain number of a firelighter the cape could be made such that all logs lit light up in that color.

I don't know if that hunter one will actually slow down the skill. Maybe 6 traps while wearing the cape and an increased chance of catching.

Edited by Triapod, 31 July 2010 - 12:42 PM.

#5 Lt Rhapthorn

Lt Rhapthorn

Formerly LOLBacon5

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

View PostTriapod, on 31 July 2010 - 12:40 PM, said:

The Dungeoneering cape could give bonus tokens.

The effect of the summoning cape seems to be a bit overpowered and would make summoning too easy. Maybe it could make summoning points regenerate slowly over time.

The firemaking cape would make cooking too easy. Perhaps when wearing a firecape you are able to light logs without a tinderbox (seeing as how the emote is)

I don't know if that hunter one will actually slow down the skill. Maybe 6 traps while wearing the cape and an increased chance of catching.

Good idea for the dungeoneering cape, or maybe 10% less tokens required?

Perhaps Summoning cape could remotely recharge your summoning points twice a day?

As for the other two, can you read my mind? I was going to suggest being able to Left-click logs to light them without a tinderbox, and for Hunter, a +15% chance to catch. Do you feel these are alright?

Edited by The Loz5, 31 July 2010 - 12:44 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:31 AM

The Firemaking power seems a bit over-the-top to me. You should stick with an exp bonus as opposed to fundamentally changing how you train the whole skill, if that was ever implemented people would be getting 200m points pretty quickly. :-P Same critique goes for the Mining, Fishing and Woodcutting abilities. A 25% speed increase AND the chance to receive two of the respective items being collected? You should decrease the speed improvement to something like 5-10% to make it a bit fairer, or just scrap the former altogether and boost the chances of the latter (in my opinion). Also, for the Crafting and Smithing bits - obviously things that require one hide or coal would be exempt? So you wouldn't end up making stuff out of thin air? :lmao:

This basics of this idea has actually come up before a while back, but I think you've done a lot better to really illustrate how it'd play out. Great job. :lol:

Posted Image[/url]
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#7 Chryzoprase

Chryzoprase

Capital, Old Chap.

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:52 AM

Personally I think the summoning is a little overpowered, people could just sit at a bank and use all their charms in a ridiculously fast time. Perhaps change it to "Familiar timers are increased by 10% while wearing the cape" Or something?

Ranged also seems overpowered, people could just buy 1 rune arrow and never have to buy another again. Perhaps it could be "Ranged accuracy is increased by 5%", still including the accumulator adaption, and this would also make it similar to the melee capes.

A few of the skilling capes may have a strong negative effect on the economy as well - the fletching cape is extremely common, and with 2 bows per log, bows could crash and end up in extremely cheap alching, so we would have more level 99 mages, which would mean less runes were needed, etc, all in a domino effect

Other than that, this is a very good idea, and with a little tweaking I'm sure it could be a great future update  :lol:

Posted Image
If the enemy is within firing range, then so are you.
Posted Image

#8 Valdas

Valdas

• RS Name:Valdas
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:12 AM

Ranged - overpowered
Magic - overpowered
Summoning - overpowered
Crafting - overpowered
Farming - overpowered
Firemaking - overpowered
Fletching - overpowered
Smithing - overpowered

And why exclude mage trees while including runite ore?...
Posted Image

#9 Christley

Christley

Failing since '03

• RS Name:Therealbest

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:40 AM

ranged should only be an accumulator. too overpowered else.
mage is insane. should be like a 3% chance to do it.
cooking should be tradeable. its otherwise useless in gwd as you cant pass on food for the tanker
crafting is too much. 5% for that would be better.
fletching would bring the prices down too much. 5% chance there too
Posted Image

#10 Defender17

Defender17

• RS Name:Gozatuyo
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

View PostValdas, on 01 August 2010 - 04:12 AM, said:

Ranged - overpowered
Magic - overpowered
Summoning - overpowered
Crafting - overpowered
Farming - overpowered
Firemaking - overpowered
Fletching - overpowered
Smithing - overpowered

And why exclude mage trees while including runite ore?...

I understand Summoning and Range, but why Magic... and everything else for that matter?

Magic halves the necessary runes.  It can't overpower anything because it doesn't alter the damage nor the rate of attack in anyway.  Plus, it's only in PvM situations, so all it does is allow mages for prolonged visits to monsters for loot.

#11 Lt Rhapthorn

Lt Rhapthorn

Formerly LOLBacon5

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:25 AM

Thanks for all the feedback, after my holiday, I will reconsider all of the opinions.
Posted Image

#12 W VA

W VA

I Love Summer Glau

• RS Name:W Va
  • Clan:Fresh Ogog

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:43 PM

This is a very good suggestion. It would actually motivate me to skill for the 99 because once you get a skill cape (or in my case, a fire cape), you tend to not strive for the next one without some ultimate reward.

Skill capes, while good are obsolete to the Fire Cape and in certain situations the SoulWars Cape. With this, I'd actually use my capes (maybe) for something other than looks when I'm running around.
Posted Image

#13 Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

LMFAO

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

I think the concept of the skillcape rewards is quite nice to hats off to you there, I do however believe this is overpowered to start with though. That being said, I don't really have any idea of how to fix them but it's still pretty neat.

CORRUPTION LMFAO

Number of Corruption wins in 2011: 0
Number of clans that like Corruption: 2*
*includes one dead clan

#14 mad fish523

mad fish523

• RS Name:Mad Fish523
  • Clan:none

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

If this would happen it would either be a good thing or a big disaster.

#15 Warez

Warez

• RS Name:Warez

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:45 PM

Jagex tends not to take into suggestion specifics (as you have outlined with the bonuses), but just the idea that skillcapes offer something more is something that I could get behind, and probably Jagex would consider as well. At the moment I never wear skillcapes as Fire Cape destroys them all in stats, and as for prayer bonus you can always wear Soul Wars cape.

Warez
(lvl 138)

(2002 - 2011)
~I Am That Is, My Sword Shall Wield For Me~
Posted Image

#16 fishhead190

fishhead190

• RS Name:fishhead190

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

Someone told me about taking the accumulator and ranging cape to nomad and he can put them both together.Idk if its true but you can try it.

I also heard about taking lumberjack clothing to nomad with wc cape and he can form both of those too.
Posted Image

#17 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:13 PM

View Postfishhead190, on 06 August 2010 - 12:45 PM, said:

Someone told me about taking the accumulator and ranging cape to nomad and he can put them both together.Idk if its true but you can try it.

I also heard about taking lumberjack clothing to nomad with wc cape and he can form both of those too.
RuneScape Wiki says absolutely nothing about any of that, so the person whom you were talking to was either lying or confused himself.

Posted Image[/url]
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#18 PvpDynasty

PvpDynasty

• RS Name:Scaper
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

Range is ridiculous. I could walk around bh +1 with 1 rune knife and never ever run out of ammo. 1iteming with rune knives is ridiculous.

Summoning is ridiculous. That makes summoning way too easy.

Crafting... so if I wanted to make vambraces (which are 1 hide, non?), I could just generate one out of thin air?

#19 Teddy

Teddy

Excuse me?

• RS Name:Sc0rp X L R
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

crafting/slayer/summoning/runecrafting

I think there should be an option to turn off the added effects of the skillcape by doing operate or something.  Some of those extraction cape "helpers" might actually irritate the owners when it comes to powertraining.  I wouldn't want to get any double iron ore or granite when I'm training my mining up a bit for ranks, but I still might want to show off the cape.  I wouldn't want 2 logs if I'm dropping the logs, etc.

For crafting, what happens if you have 1 of an item required?  Nothing?
For slayer, what do you mean chance to choose 3 monsters?  And what do you mean "plus 5 chance"? A 5% higher frequency rate for each one or what?
For summoning, I think that's too overpowered.  Maybe while wearing it your familiar can last a little longer.
For runecrafting, what if you only make like 1 rune?  Would it round down?  And what if you accidentally make double runes or something because of that recent update Jagex made?  Would that double after the 10% modifier or before it?

This is a well thought out idea, but those are some fixes you might consider making to it/addressing.

-Teddy
Posted Image

#20 Metric

Metric

• RS Name:Minder

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:28 PM

This is a great idea. Except, for firemaking you should still be able to use a tinderbox but instead you have a 15% chance of burning two logs at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: