I know the truth, it won't save you.

• RS Name:Findiee
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:28 PM

View PostFindiee, on 15 August 2010 - 12:21 PM, said:

Results.

Zybez teams.

First place: Man_Bon with 58.2M in coinshared drops. Congratulations. :thumbsup:

Runner ups;
Team 1, Findiee with 44.7M in coinshared drops.
Team 2, Cthulthu with 30.3M in coinshared drops.
Team 4, Aragon with 545k in coinshared drops.

Due to a lack of competing by other clans who signed up, the uncontested winner of the clan/team competition is...

PVM INC! With an impressive display of teamwork granting a total of 279.3M in coinshared drops.

--

Combat-X is the first event of it's kind to be held on Zybez, the design, though tinkered slightly, was identical to the one I thought up when I suggested the event. Thanks to the few active members of each team, many people have earned a fair amount and made some new friends. We, that is the Zybez events team, also have much to discuss and change when we next arrange the event, thanks for all your support, advice, suggestions and encouragement. Be sure to keep an eye out of the next combat-X competition and, of course, other events hosted by the Zybez Events team.

Feel free to continue to make suggestions to the competition, and if you have any ideas for new events please use the sticky to the top of this board, thanks!

Findiee, on behalf of the Zybez events team.

[Zybez]Combat-X

Posted ImagePosted Image

<embed src="http://www.clocklink...&"  width="320" height="20" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

<embed src="http://www.clocklink...&"  width="320" height="20" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

Teams announced!

With sign-ups complete (clans can still sign-up) and after trawling through 20 pages of sign-ups, we now have our teams! My clan chat is now officially open for my team and I will be adding you all to my friends list over the next few days ready for the event. I expect the other leaders will post here shortly confirming the opening of their own chats.

Teams can be found underneath the spoiler tags, use CTRL+F to search for your name. It goes by the name you signed up as. Please alert your team leader if you have changed your name.

You pumped?

Team 1: Findiee

Spoiler

Team 2: Cthulthu

Spoiler

Team 3: Man Bon

Spoiler

Team 4: AragonsFx

Spoiler

Clans:

Uprise
Bloody Revenge
Pvm Inc

View PostCthulthu, on 31 July 2010 - 11:58 AM, said:

I updated my list and we have 82 now, and i assume aragon's team went down to 83, so 82/83/83/83, sounds good to me.

To Everyone is Team Cthulthu :

listed here..

Spoiler

It is important you come into my CC and ask me to add you (and also register you) for the team. This will ensure you are added in preparation of the competition and it will also allow me to know who is inactive so that i can send them Reminders. If you cannot catch me in the CC, PM me on these forums with your RSN if different from your RSC name so that i know you're an active member of the team and so that i can add you.

I will sometimes post more instructions to you on this thread, they will all appear like this message, in this colour :P If you want to win this competition, which ultimatly means, if you want to make a ton of money, then follow me and we'll all do very well :)

Speical Note : Can Rawlings 26, Behomoth094, Prince Fred, o XDaniel o, Bis bos15 & Saziac give me their current RSNs because those listed are not proper RSNs.

View PostMan Bon, on 03 August 2010 - 01:03 PM, said:

Man Bon's team

Welcome aboard guys! By now, you are all probably pumped for some boss-hunting action, so let me give you a short briefing. First of all, if you ever run out of supplies for any trip, come into my CC (Man_Bon) and ask if we can sell you some. Most of the time I keep some leftovers, but it's not guaranteed that I or any other team-mates will be able to provide you with a sufficient amount.

On each day of the competition, I will be organising masses for one or more of the following, depending on how many people attend:

Corporeal beast
Armadyl GWD
Bandos GWD
Zamorak GWD
Saradomin GWD
Chaos Dwarf Battlefield
King Black Dragon
Dagannoth Kings
Tormented Demons

Unofficial trips may be organised by other team members if they so wish. If there are too many people, I will be splitting the team into groups of around 20 to 30. Before you start any trip, make sure you join my CC and turn on Lootshare. Every event that we hold will always be Coinshare to allow everyone to benefit. Look out for instructions on what to bring and when and where to meet either in my CC or right here on this thread. ^_^

If you get any top drops, send me a private message showing a screenshot of you getting it along with the date and time. I will then add it to the list and total up the value of the drops. Remember that at least two people from the team including yourself must be present for the drop to count.

I was unable to add these people to my list, so contact me if you need me to add you:
Dudegoodster, whtdragon24

I wish you the very best of luck, guys! :-P

View PostAragon, on 03 August 2010 - 03:02 PM, said:

<h4>Team Aragon</h4>

Hey members of Team Aragon! If you are a member of Team Aragon, you are:

Spoiler

I'll start us off with the clan chat we will be using. The official Team Aragon clan chat is:

CC = CHAINGU (Chaingu)

* NOTE - We also have an IRC channel now - #team_aragon on irc.swiftirc.net. For access approach me in Chaingu clan chat when I am online and I will add you to level 3 access. If you are not on the access list you will get Kickbanned from the channel.

This clan chat will act as a lobby and place that the team comes together and talks, discusses boss hunting trips, etc. Please try to stay in Chaingu clan chat whenever possible.

The way the bosshunts will be set up is I will personally be setting up a few Masses for us to do together as a team, but for the most part y'all can decide on what you want to do. You go into Chaingu CC, and if you want to go to Armadyl ask "Anybody up for Armadyl 4 man LS?" and wait for a response. Be open when people ask for teams, and try out new things! Then go into the CC you wish (feel free to use Chaingu's CC, LS and CS are both enabled, so if you wish to do only LS use somebody's going on the trip with you clan chat). We will be using Chaingu CC for masses, but the rest is up to you! Remember if you leave Chaingu CC for a trip, please come back after your trip is finished to see if anybody else is looking for a team!

I will be recording the drops, this is how it's going to work:

If you get a drop send me a Private Message titled "Combat X Drop," and the message should contain a picture of the drop and somewhere on the picture (if taken with swiftkit) or in the chatbox it should say the date of the obtained drop. Any drops obtained within a team that does not consist of all Team Aragon members, the drop will not count towards the total amount earned this competition.

PeOpLe WhO nEeD tO uPdAtE tHeIr NaMe:
If your name is Greg8320, Dracular50125, or Whtdrgn24, please post on this thread with your current RS Display name. Thanks :-(

If I ever need to talk to the team as a whole look for my Orange Bolded text.

You can always contact me via. RSC PM, in Chaingu Clan Chat, post on this thread, or send me a PM on Swift or Seers irc. My name on both is "Aragon"

Have fun! I hope to see you all in Chaingu CC. * Note - you do not have to stay in the CC until August 7th when the competition officially starts :lmao:

-Ara

This is a message for all Team 1 Members, led by Findiee.

Firstly, welcome to the winning team. ;-) I've now added everyone to my friends list and will be systematically PMing anyone who I haven't spoken to yet - some people I haven't been able to add for various reasons, it is vital they add me asap. Our official clanchat is mine: Findiee. Please feel free to lurk there and get to know your fellow team mates. You can also use it for some practice-bosshunting. It's all set-up for coinsharing.

Please contact me if you cannot be active at all for the week, if you can attend or bosshunt at some times though, don't worry. As long as you can contribute in some way, you are very welcome. :-)

Team 1 Members:

Spoiler

Now for the monsters, I intend to hold discussion in my CC over the next few days - leading up to the event - as to which monsters you wish to hunt. We will most likely do one 'official' hunt per day, and the rest is up to you. We may still band together and mass at corp, or you may split up and kill TDS or KBD in duos or trios. Entirely up to you!

It's important that you are relatively active in the clanchat so we can discuss such things. If the team as a majority chooses a monster you can't, or don't want, to kill. There isn't anything we can do about it. You can still form your own small group and go elsewhere though. ^_^

It is vital you start buying supplies, prayer potions and food are probably the most important but also make sure you have, if possible;

God items for GWD, e.g Arma pendant, Ancient mace, Stoles/Books (I personally have a variety of stoles, they are cheap and easily replaced or switched out in GWD)
    Zamorak Spear for Corporeal beast. If not, please use a dragon spear or range.
    Bolts
    General weapons: Chaotics weapons, godswords, whips, crossbows/bows.
    Emergency telepots.
    Runes
    Armour (I personally use proselyte for alot of bosses (it allows me to pray piety and not much extra prayerpoint cost - but
    I'm high defence, so try and make Rune at least for defensive armour - it's cheap as chips anyway)
    Various other potions if neccesary.
    Familiar pouches and scrolls.

Please note that the key to our success it teamwork, help each other out: whether with questions or things such as blessing graves. Ultimately, the better team we are - the more money we make. :-P

Watch out for more posts like this, the'll be posted in this brilliant purple of mine.

Let's do this!

What?

Combat-X is a new event by the Zybez Events Team which runs like the popular Skill-X competitions. Participants will sign up and then be split into teams - each being led by a member of the Zybez Events Team. When the competition starts, each team has just one week to gain as much money in monster drops, be they from the God Wars Dungeon or the Corporeal Beast! :-D

When?

Sign-ups being now, reply using the format at the bottom of this post. The event will begin on the 7th of August and run through to the 14th of August. A countdown clock can be found at the top of this post to save timezone converting, the time on the clock is officially when it starts. :-)

Who?

Each team will be led by a member of the Zybez Events team. This leader will hold discussion in their own clanchats as to when and what your team wishes to kill during the week (this can be more than just one NPC!) They will also be responsible for posting legitimate drops on the thread to be verified by the rest of the team. It is recommended that other members take screenshots of drops though, just incase something goes wrong. :-P

There are no level-restrictions for signing up, though with the time between sign-ups and the competition starting you may find it helpful to do some training if you are somewhat low-levelled. Do not expect your team not to choose a certain boss simply because you cannot get there/survive. You are also expected to put effort in, going to Bandos in adamant armour and weapon isn't going to help your team. Leechers can and will be kicked from the event. ;-)

How?

During the week, teams must hunt as many monsters as possible, obtaining drops that will then added to their teams total drop value. The team that gains the most over the week, wins!

These rules are very important, read them and make sure your team and members are acting within them.

• Only drops with a value of over 4M in the Grand Exchange are counted. This is not the share, but the actually value as sold in the Grand Exchange.
  • All drops must be coinshared. This is unless all the members involved in that particular hunt are happy with doing lootshare. The event is designed to allow as many people to profit at once.
  • There must be at least two members of the team present when a drop is obtained for it to count. This allows people to duo monsters such as the King Black Dragon or go to places such as the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield when there team is on a break, or mostly offline.
  • Only members of a team can be involved in the hunt, no bringing in friends from elsewhere. This is so one team doesn't bolster their numbers greatly for advantage. When screenshotting a drop (which must be done) the clanchat tab must be open.
  • Keep your boss-hunting times/locations private. This will stop you being crashed by unwelcome outsiders who think it's funny.
  • Allow all members of the team input, the team leader is there to organise the discussion but not to control it. You have the choice.

Extra: After slight discussion with competitors (Credit towards Chryzoprase and REINKAOS for their help) I have decided to add an 'exempt' list. These drops are less than the 4M requirement, but are substantial and rare drops from their respective droppers. Hence the following items are allowed to be screenshotted and posted to be included in the team's total. Please PM or post if you wish some other items to be considered. :-)

• Bandos Boots
  • Armadyl Helmet
  • Godsword Shards
  • Handcannons
  • Dragon Armour Lumps
  • Dragon 2h
  • Holy Elixir
  • Dragon Hatchet
  • Dagganoth King Rings
  • Steam Staff
  • Mud staff

How will we know who won?

The winning team and clan will be calculated by the most wealth gained in drops overall, and another for the total number of substantial drops. All calculated at the end of the event.

Rewards?

Your rewards for winning include gloating rights and a pile of new cash to show your friends. The design of this competition means that, ultimately, every team wins. Many Zybez events end up rewarding members with Tens of Millions of coins, imagine how much this one will get you!

Clans and teams?

Combat-X isn't just for individual members of Zybez. If your team or clan wishes to sign-up to do battle against other similiar organisations, please do! The rules remain the same, simply sign up your team with the following format and get ready to hunt away! A clan or team official will be required to post the drops on this thread.

Team or clan name:Names of posting officials:

Teams will be announced shortly.

Edited by Findiee, 15 August 2010 - 12:22 PM.

Grow old but never grow up.
Posted Image
Retired from RS. XBL: Sollicus

#2 Syncro

Syncro

Grey.

• RS Name:Escrux
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

Awesome idea! I'm definitely going to try and take part.

edit: Oh yeah, I've got to sign up  :thumbsup:

RuneScape Name: iSyncro
Combat Level: 115

Edited by Syncro, 13 July 2010 - 06:35 PM.

#3 Chapman

Chapman

• RS Name:Mark Chapman
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

This should be fun. I haven't tried any of the powerful monsters in P2P; this will be a good experience.

Runescape Name: Mark Chapman
Combat Level: 66, but within two days it will be 70 or so. Just in case that factors into team-making.
Where do the ducks go in winter?

#4 Greg8230

Greg8230

• RS Name:Greg8230

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

Sounds like fun.

RuneScape Name: Greg8230 (I haven't changed it, ever.)
Combat Level: 103, soon to be 104

Edited by Greg8230, 05 August 2010 - 07:11 AM.

#5 Serozha

Serozha

UkrainianPride

• RS Name:t p l

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:27 PM

RuneScape Name: Ukrainian
Combat Level: 122/131 sounds awesome,

Edited by k00L, 28 July 2010 - 10:51 AM.

Posted Image

Dress Italian, Drive German, Kiss French, Be Ukrainian

#6 pock off

pock off

• RS Name:pock off
  • Clan:zchat

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

RuneScape Name:Pock off
Combat Level:129

Pock's all in for the find get it... :P
[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/log/glowstream/male/hd_attack_cape/Pock_off.png[/img][/url][url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/skill/bluestorm/attack/99/pock_off.png[/img][/url]

Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.
Thanks, Shauly

#7 Yae

Yae

The Informant.

• RS Name:Yae.
  • Clan:Unemployed.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:03 PM

Albeit I just sold everything for Skilling items, I'm sure this would be nice.

Tera Chaos: 129/118.

Question.
Spoiler

Got a question? Feel free to Private Message me.
Ex - Guides/Pictures CL. Ex - Events Team Member. Ex - Database Crew Member.
#30 in the Country.

#8 Find Emotion

Find Emotion

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

View PostTera Chaos, on 14 July 2010 - 12:03 PM, said:

Albeit I just sold everything for Skilling items, I'm sure this would be nice.

Tera Chaos: 129/118.

Question.
Spoiler

Just like most things similiar like this, there isn't going to be much we can do about it. Many of the drops will probably have the Team Leader present and for any others we have to have faith in those participating. We'll be sure to check each screenshot to make sure it hasn't been edited.

Posted Image

#9 Ahrimss

Ahrimss

Exp > Gold

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

RuneScape Name: Ahrims Thong
Combat Level: 127 (I'll probably be 131 by the time of the contest)

Edited by Ahrimss, 15 July 2010 - 11:54 AM.

Proud owner of a Cooking Cape, a Defense Cape, an Attack Cape, a Hitpoints Cape, a Strength Cape and, a Woodcutting cape.
achieved in that order.

#10 Cthulthu

Cthulthu

Pixel Critic

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

RuneScape Name: Cthulthu
Combat Level: 138
[Zybez] vs. Corporeal Beast, 4th June - Saturday, 1.00pm EST / 6.00pm BST (GMT+1)
Join The Lavadragon, 80+ Combat or 1400+ Skill or Check our Recruitment Topic first
This is my Story, Cthulthu's Goals/Achievements & Blogs

Posted Image

- Cthulthu - 138 Combat - 2421 Skill -
- 99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Defence - 99 Hitpoint - 99 Range -
- 99 Mage - 99 Summoning - 99 Prayer - 99 Slayer -

- 99 Woodcutting - 99 Fletching  - 99 Fishing - 99 Construction -
- 99 Smithing - 99 Crafting - 99 Farming - 99 Firemaking -
- 99 Herblore -  99 Thieving - 99 Cooking - 99 Mining -

#11 Rikster

Rikster

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

rs name: nasgulhunter
lvl: 126

#12 tonton

tonton

• RS Name:superdavo2

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:55 PM

RuneScape Name: Superdavo2
Combat Level: 119

#13 Chryzoprase

Chryzoprase

Capital, Old Chap.

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

Sounds like great fun  :thumbsup:

RuneScape Name: Chryzoprase
Combat Level: 125

Posted Image
If the enemy is within firing range, then so are you.
Posted Image

#14 naveman5

naveman5

• RS Name:Naveman
  • Clan:NONE

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

EDIT: I am not going to be playing runescape on as big of a scale as i have been, therefore, I am going to withdraw from Combat-X

Edited by naveman5, 28 July 2010 - 07:56 PM.

#15 Lemon bonbons

Lemon bonbons

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

RSN: Man Bon
Combat level: 134

Good luck to all teams! :-)

Posted Image  Posted Image

こんにちは皆さん、レモンボンボンです。日本語が好きだけど、下手です。それで終わります。よろしくお願いします。

#16 Chryzoprase

Chryzoprase

Capital, Old Chap.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

Out of interest - can we split into several sub-groups while boss hunting? ie - half of team one go and kill the Kbd, whilst the other half go and kill Graardor?

If so, would we still be able to use the original team cc for both teams, at the same time? If this is not possible, then perhaps, if another cc is to be used, it should have a name like "combat-x" to verify it is a legit entry for the competition, rather than a drop gained at another time.

Posted Image
If the enemy is within firing range, then so are you.
Posted Image

#17 Crush

Crush

:: Self-Proclaimed Legend ::

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

Looks like a lot of fun ;-), I probably won't be able to participate though <3.

I'm hoping we'll be able to run more events like this :cry:.

#18 WhatIsDung

WhatIsDung

• RS Name:WhatIsDung

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:44 PM

Awesome, probably will renew mems for this.
RSN:WhatIsDung
Cmb level:112
Posted Image

#19 Cthulthu

Cthulthu

Pixel Critic

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:53 AM

View PostChryzoprase, on 16 July 2010 - 02:33 PM, said:

Out of interest - can we split into several sub-groups while boss hunting? ie - half of team one go and kill the Kbd, whilst the other half go and kill Graardor?

If so, would we still be able to use the original team cc for both teams, at the same time? If this is not possible, then perhaps, if another cc is to be used, it should have a name like "combat-x" to verify it is a legit entry for the competition, rather than a drop gained at another time.

Can't answer the first question for sure but i would assume you could split up into mini-teams and kill multiple bosses. Only a guess though.

As for the 2nd question, you can use the same CC while using CS at differenct places and worlds, so there will be no need to use another CC.
[Zybez] vs. Corporeal Beast, 4th June - Saturday, 1.00pm EST / 6.00pm BST (GMT+1)
Join The Lavadragon, 80+ Combat or 1400+ Skill or Check our Recruitment Topic first
This is my Story, Cthulthu's Goals/Achievements & Blogs

Posted Image

- Cthulthu - 138 Combat - 2421 Skill -
- 99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Defence - 99 Hitpoint - 99 Range -
- 99 Mage - 99 Summoning - 99 Prayer - 99 Slayer -

- 99 Woodcutting - 99 Fletching  - 99 Fishing - 99 Construction -
- 99 Smithing - 99 Crafting - 99 Farming - 99 Firemaking -
- 99 Herblore -  99 Thieving - 99 Cooking - 99 Mining -

#20 Find Emotion

Find Emotion

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:57 AM

View PostChryzoprase, on 16 July 2010 - 02:33 PM, said:

In answer to your first question, yep! As long as you are only killing with members of the team, you can do what you want to gain as many drops as possible.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: