• 4.0 - Equipment
  • 4.1 - Summoning Familiars
  • 5.0 - Tactics
  • 6.0 - Rewards and Experience
  • 7.0 - Conclusion
  • 8.0 - Frequently Asked Questions
  • 9.0 - Credits

1.0 - Introduction
Zamorak Warriors, not the first monsters you think about when you are looking for a good place to train some combat. However, you might find that killing these unholy warriors is actually pretty rewarding.

Posted Image

Zamorak Warriors

Combat level: 85
Life points: 450
Examine: A warrior of Zamorak.
Attack style: Melee
Drops: Bones (100%), Coins (100), Cooked lobsters (2-3), Steel scimitar, Steel dagger, Adamant longsword, Rune dagger, Gold charms, Crimson charms, Blue charms, Black longsword, Adamant dagger, Green charms, Grimy herbs, Rune scimitar.

The Rune daggers and Rune scimitars they drop are what make them interesting. These drops aren't as rare as you might think and although they aren't worth that much, it really adds up! The charm drops from Zamorak Warriors aren't that bad either, they drop mostly Gold charms.

Posted Image

2.0 - Location
Zamorak Warriors are located on 2 places in Runescape. The Ourania Altar cave, where they attack harmless runecrafters is the first one. This spot is not very good for training though, as there are also some monsters that attack with magic and ranged walking around in the cave.

The second spot, the spot this guide is about, is located in the Chaos tunnels. This spot can be reached by entering the rift just northeast of the Zamorak Mage north of Edgeville. You will be transported to a room filled with Giant Rock Crabs, from here take the portal you are standing next to and you will find yourself in a room with Fire giants. Run to the far west of the room and take the portal there and you have reached the room with Zamorak Warriors.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Remember the Chaos Tunnels are multicombat and the portals can teleport you to a random room. Don't hesitate to use a protection prayer when needed and have the Zybez Chaos Tunnels Map ready so you will be able to find your way in case you are teleported to a random room.

3.0 - Requirements and Recommendations
There are no requirements to enter the Chaos Tunnels.

These would be ideal stats to train here:
Attack: 70+
Strength: 70+
Defence: 70+ (the higher, the better)
Prayer: 43 (to use protect from melee while running past the Fire Giants)
Summoning: 68 (to make use of the bunyip familiar)

The defence level is the biggest requirement as you will be hit quite a lot with a lower level. This spot can be used with lower stats though, even by pures with level 1 defence. However, 43 prayer is a MUST when training here with low defence.

4.0 - Equipment

Normal set-up:
Posted Image
You can of course change the equipment where needed. If you have better armour, use it! If you're getting hit too much at the Zamorak Warriors, try looking into better armour.

It is recommended to use a bunyip or bones to peaches tablets for healing.

Inventory when using a bunyip for healing:
Posted Image

Inventory when using bones to peaches:
Posted Image
The sword seen in the images is the Enhanced excalibur. This sword is recommended as it boosts your defence level a lot and can be used for a bit of healing.

When your defence level is lower than 70 it is recommended to use the protect from melee prayer.
Pure/low defence set-up (using protect from melee):
Posted Image

4.1 - Summoning Familiars
The Chaos Tunnels are a great place to make use of summoning familiars and gather charms. It is multicombat so your fighting familiar will be able to help you kill the Zamorak Warriors.

It is recommended that anyone with a summoning level of 34 or higher makes use of a familiar when training at the Zamorak Warriors. You will have to choose between a healing or fighting familiar. When using a fighting familiar you should use bones to peaches to heal.

Healing Familiars (familiars on top are the most recommended)
Unicorn Stallion (level 88 summoning) - its scrolls can be used to heal you so that you can stay in the Chaos Tunnels almost indefinitely.
Bunyip (level 68 summoning) - Heals you for 20 life points every 15 seconds.
Fruit Bat (level 69 summoning) - its special will provide you with fruit which you can eat to heal.
Void Spinner (level 34 summoning) - Heals you for 10 life points every 15 seconds.

Fighting Familiars (familiars on top are the most recommended)
Steel Titan (level 99 summoning) - Level 230 fighter, provides ranged xp.
Iron Titan (level 95 summoning) - Level 220 fighter, provides defence xp.
Geyser Titan (level 89 summoning) - Level 200 fighter, provides ranged xp.
Rune Minotaur (level 86 summoning) - Level 154 fighter, provides defence xp. Has a very long life time (151 minutes).
Swamp Titan (level 85 summoning) - Level 152 fighter, provides attack xp.
Lava Titan (level 83 summoning) - Level 148 fighter, provides strength xp.
Fire, Ice and Moss Titans (level 79 summoning) - Level 139 fighters, provide magic, attack and strength xp (depending on which you use). Have a usefull special attack which boost your defence and most importantly heals you a bit.

Lower level fighters you can use are the Talon Beast, Adamant Minotaur, Obsidian Golem and Spirit Graahk/Kyatt/Larupia.

5.0 - Tactics
When using the protect from melee prayer just stand in the middle of the room, turn auto-retaliate on and enjoy the show.

When you're not using the protection prayer stand directly on the portal you entered the room from. You'll find that you are only attacked by one Warrior at a time! Sometimes a Warrior will stand next to you because you moved a bit when taking the drops. Just kill this one first and you'll have only one warrior attacking you again. When the Warriors are still aggressive but not attacking you because you're standing behind the wall just run around the room and stand on the portal again.

Posted Image
Stand next to, or on the portal so that you will only be attacked by one NPC at a time.

When the Zamorak Warriors stop being aggressive take the portal back to the Fire Giants (turn on the protect from melee prayer if needed) and run to the far east of the room. Ones the Fire Giants attack you you'll know that the monsters are aggressive again. Simply run back to the room with the Zamorak Warriors and take your spot again!

Posted Image
Running past the Fire Giants to make the Zamorak Warriors aggressive again. Take special note of the arrows on the minimap.

The Zamorak Warriors will be aggressive for 10 minutes in which your character will retaliate on them. During this time you can watch some TV, browse the internet, chat with people and other stuff that will make the training go by faster. Keep watching your Life Points though, as the Warriors can have some lucky hits. Under NO circumstances leave the computer. Not only is this against the rules, you may also find your character in Lumbridge (or Falador or Camelot) with no more than 3 items...

6.0 - Rewards and Experience
The drops you receive add up quite a bit. The cash drops (pick them up ones in a while and the various drops will have stacked), rune daggers (alch them) and rune scimitars are worth quite some money!
It all depends on luck but you will earn about 300k in loot an hour.

Let's take a look at the drop list again.

Bones (100%), Coins (100), Cooked lobsters (2-3), Steel scimitar, Steel dagger, Adamant longsword, Rune dagger, Gold charms, Crimson charms, Blue charms, Black longsword, Adamant dagger, Green charms, Grimy herbs, Rune scimitar.

The red items are items you should pick up. The coins add up quite fast and the rune scimitars are worth a nice amount of money too.
The orange items are items you should alch. Rune daggers alch for 4800 gp and adamant longswords for 1920 gp.

Some inventories after a training session at Zamorak Warriors:

Posted Image     Posted Image

The combat experience received depends a lot on your combat stats, the weapon used and whether or not (super)potions are used.
The experience is the same as at most other combat training spot. Between 40k and 70k an hour, depending on you stats and the tactic used.

7.0 - Conclusion
I would like to conclude saying that Zamorak Warriors are a nice place to train combat, not crowded, some good experience and nice drops. I hope you enjoyed this guide and that it will help you with your future endeavours in the wonderful world of RuneScape.

I am very interested in the experience/hour and loot you've gotten here! Please post them. :lol:

Please remember the General Guides Rules when posting. Constructive criticism is more than welcome!

8.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Question? Ask!

» A:
Answer here.

9.0 - Credits
Zybez.net Monster Database
Ben_Goten78 and the Guides Staff: Providing a preformatted-layout I made use of.
Tera Chaos: Providing some useful constructive critisism.

Guide Copyright Notice:
All Guides are Copyright © Zybez RuneScape Community Guides forum and the original author, 2001-2010+; All Rights Reserved.

All Guides submitted to Zybez RuneScape Community become property of the Zybez Guides forum. Use on any other website without the author's permission is PROHIBITED!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Noble Inc

Noble Inc

Hail to the king.

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:52 PM

Was wondering when a guide for these would be posted, as they're the best dropper for rune scimitars IMO.

Good guide though.

Posted Image
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

#3 gilles336

gilles336

• RS Name:gilles336
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

I trained there for a bit in early 2008, I remember making about 350k/hr Posted Image
Sold account.

#4 Yae

Yae

The Informant.

• RS Name:Yae.
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Unemployed.

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:04 PM

I must say Vegury, this Guide is quite awesome:thumbsup:. I like the personal touches done to the layout. However there are a few things I do recommend taking notice of, such as;

Making a section for summoning, you made an optional requirement of 68+ Summoning to gain access to the bunyip. But you never quite stated how much of an effect it would have on training there. Is this a good place to train Mage or Range (Or atleast an area where in which using either would allow you to break even money-wise), is this just a strictly melee preferred concept? I do like that the equipment seems cost effective for most people (With the exception of the Amulet of Fury of course ^_^), making this a general concept that almost everybody can use, the way a guide should be.

Also, you could add a border to the pictures (Black or any color could do, giving a guide a colored theme can sometimes do wonders to the overall visual appeal of the presentation).

Edited by Tera Chaos, 07 July 2010 - 03:05 PM.

Got a question? Feel free to Private Message me.
Ex - Guides/Pictures CL. Ex - Events Team Member. Ex - Database Crew Member.
#30 in the Country.

#5 Wristé13

Wristé13

The mysterious stranger

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

Might point out that the money Zamorak Warriors (unless it's been changed) drop adds up quite quickly. Also to alch the adamant items, as they provide some decent cash as well. I'd forgotten entirely about alching when training on these, and I'd never thought of alching the daggers to save inventory space. Good guide - I love these monsters.
Okay, so you pronounce my name like this: "Rist'ay thur'teen.' It's not "Rist," "Riste," or "Rist'uh," and if you spell it "Wristle," you will meet a very, very painful death.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 vegury

vegury

Vince

• RS Name:vegury

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

Thank you for the feedback, especially you Tera. I will work on a seperate summoning section and look into ranged and magic.

I have changed the Rewards and Experience section a bit so that it's easy to see which items you should pick up, alch or leave on the ground.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Teddy

Teddy

Excuse me?

• RS Name:Sc0rp X L R

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

Furies have a really high price.  You might want to use a different amulet for the setup.  You might also want to recommend other capes besides the fire one.  Even somewhat experienced players (like me) might not take the time/have the levels or money to get it.  Also change how you spelled equipment to its proper spelling in Table of Contents and the titles.  Finally, if you want to get really technical, you could possibly change the size of those two pictures that show how to get to them on the map so they look the same size, but I really doubt you'd have to do that unless you had a lot of free time.

Good start to the guide vegury ;D

-Teddy
Posted Image

#8 Maxman

Maxman

I Know You

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

Zamorak Warriors, not the first monsters you think about when you are looking for a good place to train some combat. However, you might find that killing these hidden warriors are actually pretty rewarding.
'Is' is actually 'are'. :thumbsup: I'm glad that you, Vince, has come out of the blue and created yet another guide. It looks good so far, man! :lmao:

One suggestion I can give, though, is to give links in the drop section to the appropriate item. I've also seen how helpful that is when players might not know what a certain is, so to fix that, they just click on the item and it redirects them to Zybez. :-P
Retired from RuneScape | 99 Cooking | 99 Fletching | 99 Fishing | Quest cape
Posted Image- Feel free to PM Me
- Retired Zybez RS Database/Maintenance Crew
- Ex-CL of Guides
- Ex-CL of General Discussion

#9 Revi

Revi

May '03 - Sep '10

• RS Name:Revi

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

Might want to add that with your requirements for low def/pures you have dragon boots in your set up  :wub:
Nice guide, very detailed, given effort is clear.
+1

Posted Image

#10 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

Excellent guide Vegury!Posted Image

I have some small things you could add:
-other special attacks. What if you don't have the Enhanced Exalibur but still want to use the Special Attack bar?
-other familiars, such as the Void Spinner which can also heal you. I'm not an expert in Summoning myself, but I'm guessing that there should be more useful familiars for that location!

Once again, great guide!Posted Image

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#11 vegury

vegury

Vince

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

[quote name='Teddy' date='08 July 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1278619668' post='12964383']
Furies have a really high price.  You might want to use a different amulet for the setup.  You might also want to recommend other capes besides the fire one.  Even somewhat experienced players (like me) might not take the time/have the levels or money to get it.  Also change how you spelled equipment to its proper spelling in Table of Contents and the titles.  Finally, if you want to get really technical, you could possibly change the size of those two pictures that show how to get to them on the map so they look the same size, but I really doubt you'd have to do that unless you had a lot of free time.

Good start to the guide vegury ;D

-Teddy
[/quote]
Thanks for the suggestions! I have changed around the gear a bit, leaving the fury out. I might add some more information about the equipment. Thanks for the spelling correction. ^_^

[quote name='Maxman' date='09 July 2010 - 02:29 AM' timestamp='1278635392' post='12965446']
[quote]Zamorak Warriors, not the first monsters you think about when you are looking for a good place to train some combat. However, you might find that killing these hidden warriors are actually pretty rewarding. [/quote]
'Is' is actually 'are'. :whistle: I'm glad that you, Vince, has come out of the blue and created yet another guide. It looks good so far, man! :-D

One suggestion I can give, though, is to give links in the drop section to the appropriate item. I've also seen how helpful that is when players might not know what a certain is, so to fix that, they just click on the item and it redirects them to Zybez. B-)
[/quote]
Thanks for the spelling correction! I might do that, but I'm not sure how many people use it. I will do it for 'not so well known' items though.

[quote name='Revi

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Renegade0071

Renegade0071

• RS Name:renegade0071

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:37 PM

nice guide i used to come here but i forgot about them never used this method before thanks
umm and why did the colorful boots show up as dragon boots ? lol

#13 _Jeff

_Jeff

Host @ Omni Flowers FC.

• RS Name:TtlyRadName

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:12 PM

im only 71 def and i stayed there for a solid hour without running out of the 12 monks i brought.  you get plenty of lobsters and they dont hit very often (i was wearing full run, helm of neit, and a sara sword) and ever after i ate my last monk, i still had 3 or 4 lobs left.  if someone plans on camping there for days just alching all of the drops (a waste) they have a better bet with bones to peaches.  also the pray gear isnt recomended for anyone over 70 def. :P
I have removed your signature as it breaks the forum rules. Please read this thread for details.
-Justin
Spoiler

#14 vegury

vegury

Vince

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:30 AM

View PostRenegade0071, on 28 July 2010 - 09:37 PM, said:

nice guide i used to come here but i forgot about them never used this method before thanks
umm and why did the colorful boots show up as dragon boots ? lol
I have fixed that, thanks!

View PostFromAtlantis, on 09 August 2010 - 07:12 PM, said:

im only 71 def and i stayed there for a solid hour without running out of the 12 monks i brought.  you get plenty of lobsters and they dont hit very often (i was wearing full run, helm of neit, and a sara sword) and ever after i ate my last monk, i still had 3 or 4 lobs left.  if someone plans on camping there for days just alching all of the drops (a waste) they have a better bet with bones to peaches.  also the pray gear isnt recomended for anyone over 70 def. :P
Thanks for the feedback. Indeed, their lobster drops are awesome!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Celiac

Celiac

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:03 PM

Hey, great guide!

But due to the fact this is content camp, I feel like it could use a little improvement -please note this is constructive-

-I feel you are overrating their attack. I camped there for 2 hours, used 3 bunyips and 10 rocktails. NO BTP!!!!
-Btp are most likely NOT needed. By the time you run out of food, you will have enough scimmys to bank
-Bunyips are godly here, stress this more
-Barrows armour is HIGHLY useful, and no one will camp here for 10+ hours
-Include something about the Ring of Wealth - It REALLY helps (rune scim is higest alching item they drop...-
-Update your loot pics. Old graphics of scims =[

EDIT: I think you should stress the importance of EE and Bunyips and supersets (defence in particular).
You also might want to add something about the usefullness of full guthans.

But really, really informative. You went UBER in-deep about the things.

But yeah, great guide :thumbsup: ^3

Edited by Celiac, 11 August 2010 - 05:04 PM.

Failing at Runescape since '05.

#16 Teddy

Teddy

Excuse me?

• RS Name:Sc0rp X L R

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

Welcome to General Guides :no:

-Teddy
Posted Image

#17 Divinenoob13

Divinenoob13

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

Very nice guide Vegury. Unfortunately my killing spree isnt going to start until i get membership again :/

#18 Lt Rhapthorn

Lt Rhapthorn

Formerly LOLBacon5

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:14 PM

Congratulations on your promotion to General Guides. Very nice guide, well thought out and explained.
Posted Image
Even though the topic is dead, his work should live on. I would personally appreciate it if you visited this thread: HerePosted Image

#19 carelvl

carelvl

• RS Name:carelvl is 0

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:49 PM

This is a great guide! went here just today and left with nearly 700k ( could have stayed longer but got bored).

Although I don't have the summoning lvl for bunyip, wouldn't bringing at least one summoning potion be a good idea to make sure you don't run out of summoning? and in the prayer set up, what do you do if your inventory is full and a Rune Scimmy drops? you obviously don't want to drop your prayer pots and neither your runes, so what do you drop(this is when you don't have an empty vial in your inventory to drop)?

For doing either Ranged or Magic here, Range would either have to use a Tanking method with best armour you have that won't severely hamper your Range bonus and a Rune Crossbow with your best bolts.
the other method would be using prayer alongside Range, but that wouldn't get you much profit at all. Mage shouldn't do any praying method since your pretty much guranteed to lose money. best bet would be Ancients with Ice Burst/Barrage since this is multi and their aggresive, and maybe some Runes for Blood Burst/Barrage for healing but I doubt it would be needed.

You should also include Guthans here so you can bring less food, and more super sets (by the way, why don't you bring super defences?) And why is the Prayer set up using a Fury when a Glory is just 2 Prayer points less and a whole ton cheaper?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: