- - - - -

The Exp Counter.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Chryzoprase

Chryzoprase

Capital, Old Chap.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:10 AM

As of yet, the exp counter is used to track total exp gains only, which can be frustrating, if you are like me - and train multiple skills at a time.

Posted Image

As you can see, and no doubt already know, the exp tracker has 2 functions; toggle, and reset.

I propose that, instead of tracking only total exp, it also tracks exp gained in seperate skills alone. Simply right click it, and instead of just toggle and reset being availible, there are also buttons for attack, strength, defence, magic etc. So that when clicked, they will show the exp that has been gained in that skill. This would be extremely useful for many players, as lots of people prefer to multi-task, and train several skills at once, and being able to track exp in multiple skills at a time would be very useful.

Now I understand that there already websites dedicated to this anyway, but this feature on the RuneScape screen itself, while not being as detailed as dedicated websites, offers a much simpler, easier to access method of tracking exp gains.

-Constructive criticism is appreciated, though please no outright flaming.
-Suggestions welcomed  ^_^

Posted Image
If the enemy is within firing range, then so are you.
Posted Image

#2 no man army

no man army

The Joker and the Thief

• RS Name:no man army
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:16 AM

Hmm, it sounds like a good addition to the exp counter. Maybe a little pictogram in front of it (or of the counter itself maybe) is a nice way of showing what skill is monitored. Or, another way would be to toggle the "exp remaining" for a skill to it's next level (or a set level), and the counter decreases everytime you perform an action in that skill, allowing you to have a better overview of your progress?

#3 xi Sean ix

xi Sean ix

Member Title

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:57 AM

View Postno man army, on 06 July 2010 - 03:16 AM, said:

Hmm, it sounds like a good addition to the exp counter. Maybe a little pictogram in front of it (or of the counter itself maybe) is a nice way of showing what skill is monitored. Or, another way would be to toggle the "exp remaining" for a skill to it's next level (or a set level), and the counter decreases everytime you perform an action in that skill, allowing you to have a better overview of your progress?
this is already in existence, its called "goal" is the function by ur friends list, you right click a stat from ur stat list, then click set as goal, then type in the level your goal is, and it will show up this how much exp left, and a percentage of ur progress from when u set th goal

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 no man army

no man army

The Joker and the Thief

• RS Name:no man army

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:09 AM

View PostII SEAN II, on 06 July 2010 - 03:57 AM, said:

View Postno man army, on 06 July 2010 - 03:16 AM, said:

this is already in existence, its called "goal" is the function by ur friends list, you right click a stat from ur stat list, then click set as goal, then type in the level your goal is, and it will show up this how much exp left, and a percentage of ur progress from when u set th goal

Yes, I'm aware of that, but the big difference is the exp counter can be shown at all times, whatever menu/tab you use (inventory, friends list, stats, character etc). I know it is pure laziness, but I just don't use the goal tab that much, and usually have no clue how fast or slow I'm doing. The exp counter would give you a very nice step by step display of your progress (well, I guess I just hate the "percentage" bar of the goal tab, which makes it hard to predict how much longer you need to train)

#5 Aflstar

Aflstar

• RS Name:Aflstar
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:01 AM

As opposed to having a massive list of skills that pop up once having right clicked, how about leaving the toggle button up there. Instead of it just toggling the counter in and out, it could bring up an interface, but like the one you see when given a skill lamp which would allow you to choose the skill in which you wish to track the experience gained?

To me is just seems a neater option, instead of a full list of skills.

A good suggestion though, something that I feel WILL be used by a wide amount of players.

Posted Image

#6 F I N A L E

F I N A L E

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:21 AM

View PostAflstar, on 06 July 2010 - 06:01 AM, said:

As opposed to having a massive list of skills that pop up once having right clicked, how about leaving the toggle button up there. Instead of it just toggling the counter in and out, it could bring up an interface, but like the one you see when given a skill lamp which would allow you to choose the skill in which you wish to track the experience gained?

A good suggestion though, something that I feel WILL be used by a wide amount of players.

I think this is the golden suggestion.A table that shows the xp gains instead of that long list of skills to choose from just to see how much xp.

during a blackout, everyone looks for nothing but the light

-Click the "Phoenix Legions" Siggy to go to our clan's Forums-

#7 Chryzoprase

Chryzoprase

Capital, Old Chap.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:59 AM

View PostAflstar, on 06 July 2010 - 06:01 AM, said:

Great idea - being able to see all exp gains in stats at the same time would improve it a lot too, plus the idea of an interface as opposed to a drop down box is also a geat suggestion  ^_^

Posted Image
If the enemy is within firing range, then so are you.
Posted Image

#8 Anti-Troll

Anti-Troll

永远

• RS Name:Drill Sarge

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

This suggestion with Aflstar's idea would make a great addition to the game.  It really is something I would imagine be extremely widely used by the playerbase.  I don't like it that when I'm training multiple skills I can't keep track of which skill I had what amount of XP on the counter.

~Anti-Troll

您好! 我叫Anti-Troll。  我在美国出生,和在美国住在。 我是中国人!

谁? 你是谁? 我不知道你叫什么。 我不认识你啊。 但是,我知道你又美又聪明。 我知道我爱你。

继续做真实的自己。

Zybez Blogs Team Member

Proud Atheist

#9 Aflstar

Aflstar

• RS Name:Aflstar

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

Heh, I do what I can to help :D

If you can get a picture of this Chryzo, it would finish off the suggestion nicely. You can go here and try your luck, or you could just make it yourself. If you were to make it yourself, take the already existing interface for exp gifts and re-arrange it.

Posted Image

#10 Chan

Chan

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:39 AM

I strongly agree.
I am currently in progress of getting my 99 attack and as I train everyday, I gain alot of exp. However, the exp in my tracker isn't based on my attack ONLY but with a mixture of Hitpoints too. I would really love to know how much I gain just for attack.

Overall, good suggestion :wub:

Posted Image

#11 Ducks108

Ducks108

ty jim

• RS Name:Ducks108
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:06 PM

I have to agree with this 100%. One suggestion I have is instead you clicking on a certain skill you want, you just click a button and it has an interface and there it shows you the skills and the xp. Sorry if someone already suggested this I didn't read the rest of the post.

#12 guru_jr11

guru_jr11

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

Having one option each for a skill? 25 options? plus total exp and reset ?
Don't think that'd work out, maybe you could have a right click option in the skills tab for " Toggle Exp Counter " so that if it is toggled, it'll count exp gained in the skill, so you can have 5 skills toggled, and just right click the skill to untoggle it again. :)

#13 Fusion Mars

Fusion Mars

• RS Name:A Holy Thief

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

View Postducks108, on 10 July 2010 - 02:06 PM, said:

I have to agree with this 100%. One suggestion I have is instead you clicking on a certain skill you want, you just click a button and it has an interface and there it shows you the skills and the xp. Sorry if someone already suggested this I didn't read the rest of the post.
I 100% agree. You will see an interface with all the skills on it with underneath it the oytal xp in that skill trained today or from when you started tracking.

View Postguru_jr11, on 23 July 2010 - 01:21 PM, said:

Don't think that'd work out, maybe you could have a right click option in the skills tab for " Toggle Exp Counter " so that if it is toggled, it'll count exp gained in the skill, so you can have 5 skills toggled, and just right click the skill to untoggle it again. :)
I think this could be added with what I said above. That would be cool. :-)

Edited by Fusion Mars, 24 July 2010 - 08:37 PM.

#14 Tfoe Halik

Tfoe Halik

• RS Name:Tfoe Halik

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:41 AM

View Postguru_jr11, on 23 July 2010 - 01:21 PM, said:

I kind of had the same idea. I decided to make a small example (and kinda ugly:P)
Posted Image
if toggled, it will not show the xp to level / total xp in skill, but how much you have gained

Edited by Tfoe Halik, 25 July 2010 - 03:42 AM.

#15 JonGlass

JonGlass

• RS Name:JonGlass

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:45 AM

[I kind of had the same idea. I decided to make a small example (and kinda ugly:P)
[url="http://img525.imageshack.us/i/zezimao.png/"][/url]
if toggled, it will not show the xp to level / total xp in skill, but how much you have gained
[/quote]

^

Pretty nifty thought. I agree with the whole Experience counter idea. I find myself constantly resetting it to measure how much Experience I gain when I start to train a different skill (though I usually don't multi-task skills - this is about the same amount of annoyance to me.) An update to it would come in handy for myself and others who do the same, it's a good idea.  -_-

Edited by JonGlass, 25 July 2010 - 05:48 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Downfall67

Downfall67

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:12 AM

I very much approve of your idea and think it is one of the things I've wanted the most lately. What I would suggest is instead of having all 25 skills in a drop down as you suggested, maybe have it in the same fashion as objectives... right click on the skill that you would like to track the XP for and press Track XP Gains rather. Other than that, brilliant idea! Just what I've been thinking of lately. Would love to see this put into place. -_-

#17 Mr McLovin

Mr McLovin

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

sounds like a good idea, but i don't think you would have all of those options to scroll through, just maybe click on a skill and click on the exp counter.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a Gift, Thats why it's called the Present"

#18 Dark

Dark

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:15 AM

As long as the option for total experience gained remains, I think this is a simple yet highly useful idea. Coupled with Aflstar's suggestion for the interface, this really would be fantastic.
Posted Image

#19 Khrronos

Khrronos

Time is of the essence

• RS Name:Rectifyy

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

This would be nice for calculating magic exp when I superheat, or runecrafting exp when I runecraft (I teleport so :))

#20 Protoman1600

Protoman1600

Life is too short to be living somebody else's dream.

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:59 PM

Agreed, would save me some hassle. I like to train multiple skills at the same time, and with things like combat, it's impossible to do anything other than that. Hope this gets implemented, you've got one of my +1s for today  ^_^

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: