• RS Name:Dr_G33K
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:33 PM

POPULAR

Making Cheese From Cheese

By: Dr_G33K

Posted Image

Table of Contents

Press ctrl-f and type in section number (with parentheses) to find section.

• (i) - Revision history
  • (1.0) - Introduction
  • (2.0) - Requirements and Optionals
  • (3.0) - What is Cheese?
  • (4.0) - Churning Up a Storm
    --(4.1) - Running
    --(4.2) - Cabbage Teleport
    --(4.3) - Ring of Dueling
    --(4.4) - The Fast and Boring Method
  • (5.0) - Slice and Dice Baby
  • (6.0) - Ulterior Uses
  • (7.0) - Manners, and Ways to Make a Small Bit of Cash
  • (8.0) - Frequently Asked Questions
  • (9.0) - Credits

(i) - Revision history

27/6/10 - Added More Pictures and Revised Sections to Fit
29/6/10 - Cleared up some information on Ardougne
4/7/10 - Added a cheese formula, revised FAQ, added profit and graph, made ToC easier to use, revised Credits

(1.0) - Introduction
» This guide is to teach about the wonders of the cheese wheel.  Few people know about cheese wheels, and how much money they bring in.  The goal of this guide is to inform more people about cheese, and its many uses.  Cheese isn’t just limited to making money you know!  Otherwise, honestly who would buy it?!

Posted Image

(2.0) - Requirements and Optionals

Requirements to make and slice cheese wheels:
48 Cooking
Knife*
Gold/Buckets**

*Knife only need while slicing cheese.
**You can bring either gold or buckets, but gold is preferred.  Buckets take too long.  You do not need gold or buckets when slicing cheese wheels.

Optionals:
Higher Cooking* (Recommended)
Explorer’s Ring 3 (HIGHLY Recommended)
Ring of Dueling (Completely Optional)

* Higher Cooking = More profit and Exp

(3.0) - What is Cheese?
  In Runescape there is this mythical substance known as cheese.  We create it by churning milk into cheese, and then slicing up the created cheese wheel.  Originally for cooking, this has become a slightly worthy object.  It IS very cheap, at around 100 gold pieces each, but it is also very easy to obtain now.  Following this guide, you will learn how to make profit with cooking.  Something that is very rare to do.  In order to make cheese, you must obtain milk.  This is done in one of two ways:

1.  Buy the milk from a milk seller.
2.  Use a bucket on a milk cow.

Posted Image

Method one is preferred, as normally the milk is sold for 12-14 gp, a VERY affordable price.  If you use this method enough though, you will eventually notice you end up spending thousands of gold on milk.  That is because you spend roughly 250gp per trip.  But you make so much cheese it’s completely worth it!

Now that you have the milk, head to a dairy churn.  These are found in many of the farms of Runescape.  At the churn you have several options.  Cream, butter, and cheese.  You can turn milk into cream, which you can turn into butter, which you can turn into cheese.  You can also bypass all steps and churn directly into cheese, which is what we will do.

Posted Image

Next, when you churn the cheese, you get an empty bucket, and a cheese wheel.  If you have a full inventory, the bucket automatically drops and the cheese wheel takes its place.  This is extremely useful, since that means you can buy a full inventory of the milk at once and not worry about having to drop the empty buckets.  Making one cheese wheel gives 64 exp, that’s 1728 for 27 cheese wheels.

Posted Image

I’ll get into slicing later in the guide.  Basically you can right click the cheese wheel, and if you have a knife in your inventory, you are able to slice the cheese wheel into many slices of cheese.  The formula SO FAR for how many cheeses you get per cheese wheel is as follows.  Brackets signify a more accurate number, but ignoring numbers in the brackets will give you a good enough approximation.

(0.1088[4351521]*Cooking Level)+2.40[49968828]

A small note, there is a minimum of 5 cheese per cheese wheel.

Since you now understand cheese, let the guide begin!

(4.0) - Churning Up a Storm

You already understand how to churn cheese, so these are the recommended paths you should take.  The first path is for people who for whatever reason cannot get the Explorer’s Ring 3.  The second is for those that have it.  The third  requires Explorer’s Ring 3, and a ring of dueling.  And finally the fourth is in Yanille.  I personally use the second path.  Note that the milk seller will run out of milk eventually, and you will need to hop worlds to continue.  Hopping worlds DOES work.  On the flipside, this means other players can buy out your stock.  There are a lot of worlds, so hopefully you shouldn’t have problems.  In a worst case scenario, it IS possible to use the German and Portuguese servers.

(4.1) - Running

Posted Image
Blue is the location of the Milk Seller.
Yellow is the Dairy Churner.
Green is the Entrana Deposit Box.
White is a shortcut when going to buy more milk.

Theoretically you should never run out of energy, as long as you don’t wear heavy equipment.  You should be able to run nonstop without any equipment at all, not even weight reducing items!  This path is outlined in red in the map above.  Because you need to bank all items to get to Entrana, Jagex implemented a bank deposit slot right outside the boat.

Posted Image

So basically, run to the milk seller, churn your cheese wheels, and then run to the bank deposit box.  Run back to the milk seller, and repeat.

Average Exp Per Hour: 22,786
Average Number of Cheese Wheels Per Hour:  356
Average Time Per Trip:  4 minutes, 33 seconds

Pros: Only requirement is the cooking level, and very little cash, deposit box means you don’t need to enter your pin number
Cons: Slowest method

(4.2) - Cabbage Teleport

Posted Image
Yellow is the Dairy Churner.
Green is the Entrana Deposit Box/Where you should teleport.

This and ring of dueling guarantees the only way you can run out of energy is if you are carrying hundreds of kg.  So wear your fanciest stuff and show off a little.

Posted Image

Following the map above, you teleport to the cabbage patch, run to the milk seller, buy as much milk as you can carry, and run to the churner.  Make your cheese, and go to the Entrana bank.  Here is the difference from the first method.  You cabbage port again.  If you don’t know this, have your ring equipped at all times.  You can right click it while equipped, and select cabbage teleport.  So teleport back to the cabbage patch, and repeat.

Average Exp Per Hour:  29,305
Average Number of Cheese Wheels Per Hour:  461
Average Time Per Trip:  3 minutes, 33 seconds

Pros:  Very fast, very cheap, deposit box means you don’t need to enter your pin number
Cons:  Not TECHNICALLY the fastest method, requires completion of Lumbridge Achievement Diary

(4.3) - Ring of Dueling

Posted Image
Yellow is the Dairy Churner/Where you should teleport.

This is the fastest method of all of them.  But it does have a few cons.  First of all, it’s expensive to buy many rings of dueling.  You will make up for it in profit, but it’s still less profit.  It also takes away one inventory space for cheese.  Even without that spot it is still the fastest method, but because of that slot it falls very close to the Cabbage Teleport method.  If you do use this method I suggest having the ring of dueling equipped, as one of the options takes you directly to castle wars.  The idea behind this method is you teleport to cabbage patch, buy the milk, make the cheese wheels, teleport to castle wars, bank, cabbage teleport, repeat.

Average Exp Per Hour:  30,315
Average Number of Cheese Wheels Per hour:  473
Average Time Per Trip:  3 minutes, 17 seconds

Pros:  Fastest possible method
Cons:  Requires money in advance to start, requires Explorer’s Ring 3, only makes SLIGHTLY more cheese and experience per hour than method two, you have to enter in your pin after each time you hop worlds

(4.4)  The Fast and Boring Method

Posted Image
Yellow is the Dairy Churner
Green is the Bank

This technique is technically the fastest method, but it is very unlikely you are able to complete it.  This is why I list Method 3 as the fastest possible method.  This is the fastest not possible method.  The amount of time it takes to make cheese and bank at Yanille is minimal, but there is nowhere to buy enough cheese for this to be profitable.  If you are serious about making cheese wheels you COULD attempt to buy some on the Grand Exchange, but the chance of someone selling milk is a little low.  It might take some time to get it.  If you are able to purchase a large quantity at the Grand Exchange, then by all means use this method.  I can not give you an Average Cheese Wheels Per Hour or Average Exp Per Hour because there's no way for me to give you a number with the randomness that is the Grand Exchange.  If you wish to follow this method, I wish you luck.

Pros:  Super Super Super Fast, Absolutely NO requirements other than 48 cooking
Cons:  Requires purchasing milk from the Grand Exchange, which may or may not be difficult for you.

(5.0) - Slice and Dice Baby

This is where the money comes in.  To cut cheese wheels you are required to have a knife.  You must withdraw a cheese wheel, and the fastest method from there is to right click it, and select slice all.  You will get 4 exp in cooking for each slice you manage to take.  The number of slices you get from your cheese wheel depends on your cooking.  The formula is again, with brackets signifying a larger part of the number, (0.1088[4351521]*Cooking Level)+2.40[49968828].  There is a minimum of five slices.  Here are my suggestions to make this go faster.

If you are just starting, always withdraw enough cheese wheels so that there are three in your inventory.  Even if one is already partially sliced because you ran out of room, that counts as a cheese wheel.  This is because you get the most cheese per bank click like this.  Eventually you will notice that you cut more cheese per wheel.  At this point you can decide whether or not to only withdraw two at a time.

Always start slicing with the one farthest down in your inventory.  Cheese wheels work so that you will cut the first wheel in your inventory, not the one you select.  This saves you a little bit of time.

Prepare yourself.  Right click on the next cheese wheel so that you can see the cheese wheel currently being sliced, and as soon as it disappears, click to move onto the next one.  It saves valuable time.

Posted Image
Correct Layout

Stand next to a one click bank.  My favorite is the one in Lumbridge cellar, requiring Recipe for Disaster quest, and I’m also in favor of the one in Neitiznot.

Once you've sliced up all your cheese, sell it.  Easy money.

Posted Image
Yummy

Profit Per Hour:  To get this number I took how long it takes to make and slice one inventory of cheese.  I applied these numbers to some average levels to create multiple points in the graph, and then connected all of the lines.  This graph is per hour, following Method Two.

Posted Image

(6.0) - Ulterior Uses

Muahahahahaha!  That sounds evil.  I suppose “Things You Can Use Your Cheese For and Things To Do While Making Cheese” is more appropriate, but that was too long.  Here’s a good list of things you can use cheese for other than making money:

Agility Training - One cheese wheel can give a load of hp points, and you only need a little bit of space.  They’re also relatively light.

Training on monsters who occasionally hit you, but not hard - If you are like me, and train on yaks with a lower defense, then this guide is for you.  The cheese wheel is cheap, and requires very few runs to the bank.

Battling monsters where you get a break - If you are training on monsters where there is a safe spot, and you don’t need food to win the fight, then this works great!  At a high enough cooking these cheese wheels heal you more than rocktails!

Questing - If you have extra room then carry a cheese wheel and a knife with you.  For all you know there could be some obstacle you could fail, and thanks to the wonderful cheese wheel you can try again!

------

Well, that’s stuff’s all fine and dandy, but what about while you’re making the cheese!  You have roughly three minutes to wait through.  Well here are some ideas:

Watch Television
Write a Guide - Actually doing this one right now
Listen to Music
Talk in Clan Chat
Talk to the Pures Training on Chickens
Farm - After all, your right next to the Falador farm anyway!
Talk to Your Family
Play Videogames
Surf the Web
Play Flash Games
Play on Fun Orb
Teach Yourself a New Skill, Like Juggling
Plan on What You Are Going to Do With All the Money You Make!

(7.0) - Manners, and Ways to Make a Small Bit of Cash

This section is a bit more of my doing.  Nothing required.  But if we all follow these ideas and rules we can keep things a little bit easier on everyone.

First of all, here’s an idea for a small job.  Hire a friend to get you buckets of milk.  That way you can stay in one world.  Pay them 50-250 gp each.  After all you make a minimum of 500gp per milk.

As far as manners are concerned, if someone is already in a world making cheese wheels, unless you have a friend, hop to another.  It saves you both time in the long run, and it doesn’t interrupt their run.

Be chatty!  Unless you don’t have Runescape up, say hi!  Make a new friend!  And talk about how awesome Doctor G33K and his guide is.  What?  Who said that!

(8.0) - Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How many cheese wheels did you manage to make writing this guide?

» A:

Q: Woah.

» A:
Yeah.

Q: Why not use Ardougne farm?

» A:
There is no milk seller.  If you are going to make cheese and you already own a ton of milk, then make it in Yanille, in the cooking building.  Otherwise there is no point to it.

Q: How much does cheese heal you?

» A:
20 life points

Q: That’s not a lot!  Why should I use cheese wheels?

» A:
  At level 99 you make an average of 13 cheese per wheel, that’s 260 life points.  Even at the minimum that’s 100 life points, one more and you’re at par with lobster.

Q: You're graph is wrong!  I got way more/less money per hour!

» A:
  My graph is an average amount.  Your data may be different because you are either very lucky or unlucky.  My data is also not following an exact formula, the formula still needs to be updated.  So if you do it one more hour you could have a completely different result.

(9.0) - Credits

Jagex: Made this cheese thing possible.
Tera Chaos: Criticism led to addition of pictures.
Teddy: Criticism led to investigation of better methods, and the creation of a graph of profit.

Guide Copyright Notice:
All Guides are Copyright © Zybez RuneScape Community Guides forum and the original author, 2001-2010+; All Rights Reserved.

All Guides submitted to Zybez RuneScape Community become property of the Zybez Guides forum. Use on any other website without the author's permission is PROHIBITED!

Edited by Dr_G33K, 18 August 2010 - 08:05 AM.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe. ~ Carl Sagan

Making Cheese from Cheese - Most Creative Guide of the Quarter June '10

#2 Yae

Yae

The Informant.

• RS Name:Yae.
  • Clan:Unemployed.

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:16 PM

It's a very unique guide, I don't recall having seen something based on this before, so good job for thinking outside the box. I'll have to try this sometime, just for kicks. You may want to add some pictures, it's very informative but, it lacks color. Pictures of things such as the steps ingame, or even pictures of profits in the long-run would be a nice touch to the guide. Also I'd suggest cleaning up your map, it is done very sloppily and in a very unprofessional manner.
Got a question? Feel free to Private Message me.
Ex - Guides/Pictures CL. Ex - Events Team Member. Ex - Database Crew Member.
#30 in the Country.

#3 Earthman

Earthman

Runescaper

• RS Name:Grega

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:27 PM

Never knew cheese is actually useful, thanks for the guide.

#4 kneel_2_me

kneel_2_me

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

I did this today but your guide helped me a little bit because i didnt know about the deposit box. I dont like cooking that much and this was extremly boring i had to do something else lol. Nice guide good luck finishing
Edit: i DIdnt get your guide at first i just glanced pon it a few minutes before mpost

Edited by kneel_2_me, 27 June 2010 - 08:25 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Teddy

Teddy

Excuse me?

• RS Name:Sc0rp X L R
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:26 PM

A few things to consider:

-Those 3 pictures of running seem almost exactly the same.  Maybe you could just have one picture at the beginning of a section and then have subsections to it elaborating on different techniques.
-You mentioned Ardougne, and although you never said you had to not do it, you might as well just put it in in case people would like to use it for the running method.  As you said, you prefer it.
-Try getting some of your friends at various levels to try this out and estimate what you get per hour with cheese wheels and show your calculations.  Show at each level what each guy gets in the end.  That could really help on that FAQ you say really depends.  You have to at least give some range or you're leaving it up to people to imagine.

Having said all that, I think this is a really great guide for something that is so simple.  It's not like you can elaborate on this a whole ton, but I feel you've done a great job of doing it already.  I'll have to recommend this to my younger brother.

-Teddy
Posted Image

#6 cell jr

cell jr

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:47 PM

so this is nice for skillers, with 50-70 cooking, lots of gold/no combat required/cooking exp?

#7 Dr_G33K

Dr_G33K

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

View PostTera Chaos, on 27 June 2010 - 01:16 PM, said:

It's a very unique guide, I don't recall having seen something based on this before, so good job for thinking outside the box. I'll have to try this sometime, just for kicks. You may want to add some pictures, it's very informative but, it lacks color. Pictures of things such as the steps ingame, or even pictures of profits in the long-run would be a nice touch to the guide. Also I'd suggest cleaning up your map, it is done very sloppily and in a very unprofessional manner.

I took your advice. :)  As far as the maps being sloppy, read my reply below.

View PostTeddy, on 28 June 2010 - 03:26 PM, said:

A few things to consider:-Those 3 pictures of running seem almost exactly the same.  Maybe you could just have one picture at the beginning of a section and then have subsections to it elaborating on different techniques.-You mentioned Ardougne, and although you never said you had to not do it, you might as well just put it in in case people would like to use it for the running method.  As you said, you prefer it.-Try getting some of your friends at various levels to try this out and estimate what you get per hour with cheese wheels and show your calculations.  Show at each level what each guy gets in the end.  That could really help on that FAQ you say really depends.  You have to at least give some range or you're leaving it up to people to imagine.Having said all that, I think this is a really great guide for something that is so simple.  It's not like you can elaborate on this a whole ton, but I feel you've done a great job of doing it already.  I'll have to recommend this to my younger brother.-Teddy

Thanks for the support.  Yeah, I'm going to update it with Ardougne later, I just like having a guide feel like there are no holes in it.  So that's why I closed off that discussion.  I'm also going to add a minimum profit per hour number, and my profit per hour, but I'm going to need the help of the Zybez community to get accurate numbers up there for more levels.  As far as the maps are concerned, I'm probably going to leave it like that, but I'm interested in learning to make some more HD pictures, so if that works out I'm throwing them all into one.  Thanks for the input. :)

View Postcell jr, on 28 June 2010 - 04:47 PM, said:

so this is nice for skillers, with 50-70 cooking, lots of gold/no combat required/cooking exp?

Eh, not really loads of cooking exp, but it has the potential for lots of gold.  I don't have an exact number but I'm pretty sure if I'm JUST cutting the cheese wheels, not including making them, I make 600k gold an hour.  Not too bad, but the prep is probably going to either halve the time or even worse in the end.  The point is, it's decent money, decent food, and O.K. exp.  If I were a skiller training cooking, I'd probably use this to make a little cash, until the point I can buy fish to the level I want.

Edited by Dr_G33K, 28 June 2010 - 04:58 PM.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe. ~ Carl Sagan

#8 Teddy

Teddy

Excuse me?

• RS Name:Sc0rp X L R

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:04 PM

While this guide isn't an exceptionally long guide, everything about it is important and well-developed and fits exactly what we're looking for in here.  Welcome to General Guides :innocent:

-Teddy
Posted Image

#9 Skelly

Skelly

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

Is this method members-only or F2P?

#10 Dr_G33K

Dr_G33K

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:39 AM

View PostSkelly, on 05 July 2010 - 09:34 AM, said:

Is this method members-only or F2P?

Members only.

#11 egap

egap

• RS Name:Egap El
  • Clan:+secret+

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

My PoH is at Yanille, so if I need a load of cheese, I teleport to my house, get (unlimited) milk out of the larder then run to the churn just to the East and make wheels. Use Glory Ammy (no cost) or Duelling rings to bank.

Trouble is, it's pretty slow getting one bucket at a time out of your larder!
Posted Image

#12 Dr_G33K

Dr_G33K

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:01 PM

View Postegap, on 05 July 2010 - 04:30 PM, said:

My PoH is at Yanille, so if I need a load of cheese, I teleport to my house, get (unlimited) milk out of the larder then run to the churn just to the East and make wheels. Use Glory Ammy (no cost) or Duelling rings to bank.

Trouble is, it's pretty slow getting one bucket at a time out of your larder!

I did not think of that. I will run some tests on it later. Thanks for the input!

#13 Romal

Romal

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

Maybe you could add what cheese is used for? Pizza's, pouches, all that jazz. I heard making pizzas generates even more profit from cooking

-Romolo
I'm back.

#14 Digitize♫

Digitize♫

You are the reason; I don't believe!

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:04 AM

Very nice guide. I am actually doing this as I write this comment. :)

One suggestion I have is instead of using a Ring of Duelling, you could use a Ring of Kinship to teleport just south of Daemonheim, very close to a bank. Plus it has unlimited uses, so you don't have to worry about spending the money on new ones. :D

#15 xxEmoPinata

xxEmoPinata

• RS Name:xxEmoPinata

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:53 AM

Hey there is a churn in Zanaris too that can be used effectively. I'm currently using the Yanille method and it's working pretty great, I just cut my current wheels while the buckets of milk buy.

#16 xxEmoPinata

xxEmoPinata

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:17 PM

Btw, my goal is 100k cheese atm. Once I get that you can add my screenshot to the guide and show how glorious cheese is :D

#17 Dr_G33K

Dr_G33K

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:15 AM

View PostxxEmoPinata, on 17 July 2010 - 11:17 PM, said:

Btw, my goal is 100k cheese atm. Once I get that you can add my screenshot to the guide and show how glorious cheese is :D

I'd be glad to show the pictures of your cheese.  And if you slice and sell them all, I'd be glad to do that as well.

#18 Irritated Ian

Irritated Ian

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

Really interesting guide, I never even knew this method exsisted! I am 94 Cooking right now, I'm aiming for 99 soon but quickly running out of money and membership. This method should be exactly what I need to make quick, easy money and get 99 Cooking.

Add me in-game.

Iritated Ian.

#19 Comby-Womby

Comby-Womby

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:47 PM

If you want to make even more money after you've made the cheese, then you should make incomplete pizzas.
It's fast and good money.
Buy pizza bases from G.E, add the cheese, then sell the incomplete pizzas back to the G.E
The price of a pizza base was around 600-700gp the last time i checked
And incomplete pizza was around 1.2k-1.3k ea
At minimum thats a profit of 500k per 1k cheese

Hope it helps a bit if you're wanting a extra bit of money with little effort :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#Dwood

#20 xxEmoPinata

xxEmoPinata

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:50 AM

View PostDr_G33K, on 18 July 2010 - 07:15 AM, said:

View PostxxEmoPinata, on 17 July 2010 - 11:17 PM, said:

I'd be glad to show the pictures of your cheese.  And if you slice and sell them all, I'd be glad to do that as well.

Cool. I'm at 99 Cooking as well, and at 30,000 cheese. It's going great :D

View PostComby-Womby, on 18 July 2010 - 09:47 PM, said:

If you want to make even more money after you've made the cheese, then you should make incomplete pizzas.
It's fast and good money.
Buy pizza bases from G.E, add the cheese, then sell the incomplete pizzas back to the G.E
The price of a pizza base was around 600-700gp the last time i checked
And incomplete pizza was around 1.2k-1.3k ea
At minimum thats a profit of 500k per 1k cheese

Hope it helps a bit if you're wanting a extra bit of money with little effort -_-

Well, is making the incomplete pizzas fast or slow? Like what is the profit per hour? I never tried making pizzas before.
EDIT: Apparently you need tomato for incomplete pizzas. You sure you just need cheese?
EDIT-EDIT: Ok, I think you mean buy incomplete pizzas and sell the uncooked ones.

Edited by xxEmoPinata, 19 July 2010 - 12:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: