#1 orch

orch
  • RS Name:Orchi
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Clan:DGS
  • Team:07

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

WARNING: YOU CAN DIE WHILE DOING THIS.

Click the red X! You may ask yourself- how is it useful?  :XD: X logging is an art of logging out while in combat! It's mostly used in DKs. Since spins constantly hits you- it is literally impossible to manually log out so it is so much easier to xlog. Like the name suggests- you close the browser to force your account to log out.

When do you log out while Xlog?:
1. Instantly when nothing is attacking you
2. 90 seconds
3. Death- see #1

It is an useful tool when you do it correctly for situation as DKs, fighting Chaos dwarves, or to avoid cow attacking you!

Step by step how to Xlog:
1. Make sure that you can survive hits for 90 seconds
2. If you're in multicombat situation- make sure that you're ALONE.
3. Click the red X of your browser!
4. Log in any world that you desire
5. Enjoy the ???

Here's a vid how to enter DKs alone by using xlog- made by me.   :hi: Please pardon "screenflow demo" thing- I don't want to pay for it.  :-D

Edited by Orch, 25 June 2010 - 07:11 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Ducks108

Ducks108

ty jim

• RS Name:Ducks108
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:21 PM

Hmm very nice but are you sure it works everytime?

#3 orch

orch

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:28 PM

View Postducks108, on 24 June 2010 - 10:21 PM, said:

Hmm very nice but are you sure it works everytime?
Yes. I've done it on almost every DKs trips. You should not die unless you have someone else that lures other king on you. You will log out within 90 seconds with exceptions- see #1 and #3.

Posted Image

#4 Red Horizon

Red Horizon

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:04 PM

X logging is against Runescape rules isn't it? I know that thousands of people do it, but they cant really prove if you dc'd or X-logged

however, this is pretty common knowledge for anyone who pvm's at-least once a month (  :-D )

Whoever wishes to keep a secret must hide the fact that he possesses one. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Posted Image

Spoiler

#5 Take notes

Take notes

Wat

• Clan:-

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:25 AM

I`ve killed kids that xlog like that  :-D
Posted Image

#6 Angury

Angury

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:24 AM

View PostRed Horizon, on 24 June 2010 - 11:04 PM, said:

X logging is against Runescape rules isn't it?

Is that true?  :-D

Anyway, this is really useful, especially at DKs where it is almost impossible to log out normally.

Posted Image

#7 Bh Stalk

Bh Stalk

• RS Name:Bh Stalk

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:55 AM

When you say you can use it to escape pkers, if someone can't kill you in 90 seconds of you not eating, something must be wrong.

#8 orch

orch

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:09 AM

View PostBh Stalk, on 25 June 2010 - 03:55 AM, said:

When you say you can use it to escape pkers, if someone can't kill you in 90 seconds of you not eating, something must be wrong.
Ok, removed.

View PostRed Horizon, on 24 June 2010 - 11:04 PM, said:

X logging is against Runescape rules isn't it? I know that thousands of people do it, but they cant really prove if you dc'd or X-logged

however, this is pretty common knowledge for anyone who pvm's at-least once a month (  :suspect: )
It's not against rule at all. There's nothing in rules that tell you that you have to manually log out. Also, I meet tons of people in DKs that don't know how to Xlog or is too scared to xlog because they don't know how to do it right. I'm teaching you all how to xlog correctly and relatively safe.

Loving - reps for no reason.  :-)

Edited by Orch, 25 June 2010 - 07:10 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Protoman1600

Protoman1600

Life is too short to be living somebody else's dream.

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:42 AM

Try killing someone from 990 life points with pro melee and full rune in f2p.
Try attacking someone often enough if you're on your own trying to kill somebody in axe hut or pirates.

X-logging in pvp works.

Anywho, i knew about x-logging before this, and would not advise x-logging at DKS. It all comes down to why do you x-log? If there is nobody else there, there is no reason to hop. As you say though, in multi, make sure you're alone. Take notes said it well, a lot of people (himself included) kill people who come in and x log. I do it too, but only if they've tried to steal any of my kills. It's not worth the risk at DKS, you're better off logging upstairs to the east of the ladder.

Posted Image

#10 Jioxas

Jioxas

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:29 AM

Well there was a couple points i didnt know so thanks for those :)

Posted Image

Mercedes GP Petronas Formula 1 Team Supporter
Liverpool F.C. Supporter

#11 Crush

Crush

:: Self-Proclaimed Legend ::

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:58 AM

I've knew about it, but have never really tried to do it anywhere :\.

Interesting about the DKs, I rarely go, but I wouldn't probably try it.

#12 orch

orch

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:01 AM

View PostProtoman1600, on 25 June 2010 - 08:42 AM, said:

Try killing someone from 990 life points with pro melee and full rune in f2p.
Try attacking someone often enough if you're on your own trying to kill somebody in axe hut or pirates.

X-logging in pvp works.

Anywho, i knew about x-logging before this, and would not advise x-logging at DKS. It all comes down to why do you x-log? If there is nobody else there, there is no reason to hop. As you say though, in multi, make sure you're alone. Take notes said it well, a lot of people (himself included) kill people who come in and x log. I do it too, but only if they've tried to steal any of my kills. It's not worth the risk at DKS, you're better off logging upstairs to the east of the ladder.
To get kings off you. Kings automatically get off you when you log out so, you can enter and solo mage without suicider easily.

Posted Image

#13 Setanta

Setanta

Pedro lacks political experience.

• RS Name:Suil Eile
  • Clan:Clan?

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:33 PM

I wouldn't dream of doing this in a Pvp situation but it can be a valuable tool when fighting certain monsters. It's quite exiting logging back in not knowing if you're safe or in Lumbridge. :-)

[Retired Events Team Member]
Posted Image
[Retired General Discussion CL]

#14 Kevin

Kevin

Chief of CD Operations

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:35 PM

Can't you just teleport out if you really need to run? Haven't done DK's before so I can't really judge.

In PvP, only place you can really ever x-log is for F2p, and that's only sometimes. Thought it used to be 30 seconds, but if it's 90 now then it'd be extremely hard to survive.

Posted Image

BA @SwiftIRC

#15 Lazerflip

Lazerflip

• Clan:NI

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

X loggers and obs=fail. I use this at dks and it truely does work.
Posted Image

#16 Chess162

Chess162

cool cat

• RS Name:Badassraccon

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:49 PM

I've done this during dungeoneering; you need to go and you can't finish the dungeon solo in time. Just hit the X and you'll get a reduced amount of exp, depending on rooms and stuff etc. Better than nothing for you using your time then having to go due to irl things.

As for DKs, its an idea but I'd rather not, considering I bring prob around 20M+ risk most of the time, would you want to risk it if someone wanted to lure sup and prime on you.. :-)
Gave you a +1 aganist -1s, as its a good idea but depends what you want to do with your account.
Posted Image

View Postツ, on Aug 21 2009, 01:05 PM, said:

I'd like to point out you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

#17 orch

orch

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:05 PM

View PostChess162, on 25 June 2010 - 03:49 PM, said:

As for DKs, its an idea but I'd rather not, considering I bring prob around 20M+ risk most of the time, would you want to risk it if someone wanted to lure sup and prime on you.. :-)
That's the reason why I suggest that you only Xlog when you're ALONE in there.

Posted Image

#18 Angury

Angury

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

I gave you a +1 as well.

It's very useful at DKs (never tried it anywhere else) and I can't see any other way you can get the two other kings off you unless you either kill them to bring someone to suicide for you. Those Spinylops can also be very annoying when you're trying to log out.

I've done it a lot of times, and it's always worked out fine for me. With the correct prayer, and high enough hp, you should be fine X logging. Great tip for people who don't know about it.

Edited by Angury, 25 June 2010 - 06:12 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Jessica_Less_Than_Three

Jessica_Less_Than_Three

• RS Name:GirlsAnatomy

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:54 PM

I remember when there was a glitch at duel arena years ago where two players could attack one during a duel 'for big gp' or any duel. Some guy was typing over and over for me to 'x log' i didn't know what it ment until now. LOL >.<   PS: Lost my green partyhat because of that glitch -.-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: