• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 evil dog191

evil dog191

Pew Pew Pew

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:58 PM

POPULAR

Dungeoneering Walkthrough
Basically this is a tip on more of what specifically to do in Dungeoneering. I won't have general tips regarding how much food heals, how to complete puzzles, etc, but more rather how to efficiently work at a dungeon.

Part 1: Understanding Prestige
Part 2: Being Efficient on each Floor

Part 1: Prestige
This is for people who just started or still do not understand the concept of prestige. I know me myself had so many questions about this, and I feel like I fully understand it now.

Explanation of prestige:
Spoiler

How to use Prestige
Spoiler

Part 2: Being Efficient
I think this is really the key of dungeoneering and what does or does not make working in a team better or not. If for example, 3/5 of your team isn't doing anything then you really are just wasting time. But with 5/5 working at it you can get tons of experience.

Basically what I am going to continue with is that even with 5/5 working in the dungeon, you still have to do it effectively.

Quick overview on content:
1. Start-> Buying tools and Splitting into groups
2. Key Door opener-> Role, how to be efficient, and how you can help this person.
3. Rest of team-> What you should/should not be doing
4. More specific on gatestone
5. Map
6. Communication
7. Effort
8. Terminology

1. Start:
Spoiler

2. Key Door Opener
Spoiler

3. The rest of the team
Spoiler

4. Gatestone tips:
Spoiler

5. Map
Spoiler

6. Communication
Spoiler

7. Effort
Spoiler

8. Terminology
Spoiler

9. Other tips
Spoiler

Edited by evil dog191, 21 June 2010 - 02:49 AM.

#2 Valdas

Valdas

• RS Name:Valdas
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:18 PM

Been doing this for quite a while.

Person who gave a -1 is an idiot.
Posted Image

#3 evil dog191

evil dog191

Pew Pew Pew

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:30 PM

View PostValdas, on 18 June 2010 - 01:18 PM, said:

Yea, quite a few people have been doing it like this, but at the same time there are also so many that don't. In so many of my games there is at least one person who wastes so much time by not focusing on the game. For example, in one of my dungeons I was doing a small rush where we fought against Bulwark. All the dungeon was cleared and me and this other guy were completely ready. But the other 2-3 decided to look for ores to make pickaxes and such. Me and the other guy just went in first and were eventually joined in by the third (after the shell was broken), by this time I had wasted so much food. And when the two finally came we had killed the boss already. These sort of things make a big difference. If we had all gone in there wouldn't have been a problem at all (and as seen in the next round) we finished it just like that.

I will also fix this up later, and make it nicer to read and add more. But for now I feel like posting this can force me to start working on this tip guide as to help other and myself.

Edited by evil dog191, 18 June 2010 - 01:33 PM.

#4 Christley

Christley

Failing since '03

• RS Name:Therealbest
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:15 PM

there is too much text for me to read so idk if this is at the gatestone thing yet but if you have a gatestone in your inv when you die it will be dropped and you can tele there directly after you died.
Posted Image

#5 evil dog191

evil dog191

Pew Pew Pew

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

View PostChristley, on 18 June 2010 - 03:15 PM, said:

there is too much text for me to read so idk if this is at the gatestone thing yet but if you have a gatestone in your inv when you die it will be dropped and you can tele there directly after you died.

Thanks, I feel like for something like this you need an in depth explanation, especially for prestige. I'm trying to organize it now into more specific categories and add spoilers to make it easier to read. Also I'll add the gatestone information, I did find this sort of useful but I actually don't like it too much because it requires dying, nonetheless it's still useful.

#6 October Sky

October Sky

The Original Tomb Raider

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:57 PM

^^ Agreed

If you flesh this out properly and add supplementary picturse, you could easily turn this into a content camp guide.

#7 evil dog191

evil dog191

Pew Pew Pew

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:18 AM

View PostOctober Sky, on 18 June 2010 - 08:57 PM, said:

^^ Agreed

If you flesh this out properly and add supplementary picturse, you could easily turn this into a content camp guide.

I sort of would like to, but at the same time I don't know if I could. Last time I made a great guide on gathering summoning charms with pictures of rock lobsters, waterfiends, and others but it got deleted because I didn't update something (and it was during the period I don't play). But I'll still work on this and try to add some pictures to make it better.

#8 Jjozzie

Jjozzie

Completionist

• RS Name:Jjozzie
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:03 PM

Bleh no pics at all =\, should try add a few =p makes it a lot more interesting to read.

Nice tips tho.

Greetings!

#9 c adae

c adae

I lost the game!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

Nice tips.  You forgot to mention, though, that anything you say in public chat can be heard by everyone in the dungeon, so you don't need a clan chat.
Posted Image

#10 Protoman1600

Protoman1600

Life is too short to be living somebody else's dream.

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:32 PM

View Postc adae, on 20 June 2010 - 02:24 PM, said:

Nice tips.  You forgot to mention, though, that anything you say in public chat can be heard by everyone in the dungeon, so you don't need a clan chat.
Joining a clan chat is advisable though, that way if somebody disconnects they can quickly find another team member's name and rejoin.

Posted Image

#11 evil dog191

evil dog191

Pew Pew Pew

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:15 PM

View PostJjozzie, on 20 June 2010 - 02:03 PM, said:

Bleh no pics at all =\, should try add a few =p makes it a lot more interesting to read.

Nice tips tho.

Thanks, I am actually planning to. But as of now I want to try to get all my information in as I am still adding some other methods and tricks.

Yes, it actually took me a while to notice this as I was duoing with a friend and we said everything in clan chat. It was not until he mistakenly said something in public chat I noticed it reached the whole dungeon.

View PostProtoman1600, on 20 June 2010 - 02:32 PM, said:

Joining a clan chat is advisable though, that way if somebody disconnects they can quickly find another team member's name and rejoin.

And yes, everyone really should join the clan chat. I'll also add leaving private chat on so they can get back in (in case they are already in a clan chat or such). <- probably not advisable when doing Dungeoneering though.

Also I'd be adding other methods like clearing out all the dungeon except DE's as most mine relates to more of a rush. And other stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: