Short Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
1175 replies to this topic

#1 Apollo

Apollo

Greenie.

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 14 April 2004 - 01:46 PM

This sticky is only meant for short suggestions (two to four lines long, though suggestions that are five to nine lines long are still permitted here) that simply can't be elaborated on, because they deal with small topics, such as a small change to the RuneScape website or an amendment in some in-game text. I want to see improvements to current aspects of the game being posted here, and not completely new, yet undetailed concepts.

Also, the following are not to be posted here:
  • Suggestions that are longer than five sentences, since they should be posted in separate topics.
  • Monster or item suggestions, and obviously, quest suggestions.
  • Any suggestion that's listed on the Do Not Suggest List, regardless of whether you feel that the suggestion is feasible or not. [Short suggestions that are listed on there would simply be too unoriginal and almost always impractical.]
  • Any suggestion that violates the Suggestions Board Rule Sticky in any way other than length.
  • Suggestions that aren't just minor fixes/additions to existing concepts and can be elaborated beyond five sentences.
  • All matters related to the OSRS Price Guide go here.

Edited by Cypher, 12 July 2014 - 11:43 AM.
osrs price guide update

#2 Dan

Dan

Community Guard

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:07 PM

My short suggestion: Allow the options to check through Friend list and ignore while going through bank. I find it annoying exiting out of my bank to speak to friends.

Who's with me?
Suggestions Competition Winner (December 2007, August 2008)

中国国家足球队和广州恒大球迷 。

(Profile updated since January 28, 2013)

#3 Rubbercow

Rubbercow

• RS Name:Rubbercow X

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

I was thinking, is i a good idea only jadgex mods if they have something really important to tell rather than a update then they could yell something like"yell: All Runescape players there is a riot in the Middle Of Varrok Over The End Of Wildy" or something like that because if its just in 1 world they shouldn't really put it on the main menu they should just have the option to yell it to a certain world rather than every body. Please tell me what you think.And tell me if they already have something like this or not....

Thanks for your time!  
Rubbercow ^_^

#4 wolfblood22

wolfblood22

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:12 PM

A staked clan war. It would be almost exactly like duel arena but if I staked 100k for my clan, the whole clan would have to contribute to the lump sum. The game would do the math and divide 100k say among 51 clan mates(odd number for a purpose) Since the it is an odd number the person who made the stake would pay more for being the one who made the challenge. Items could be staked but that gets sort of complicated so I'm staying with just money for now

#5 tezzamonkey

tezzamonkey

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:28 AM

Mods have to type \ in front of their text to make it everyone can hear them even if they have got it on ignore.

Eg.

Now:

MOD: Hey mate wats up?

(This is with Public chat off)

After update:

I wouldn't be able to hear this, but if it was important....

MOD:\Update to RULE #1

#6 Zanaril

Zanaril

i can haz pixelz

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:39 PM

New animations for attacks and defences.

Such as:

The defending character blocks the opponent if they are dealt no damage.
The defending character attempts to block but staggers slightly if they are dealt damage.

The attacking character attacks viciously if they deal damage.
The attcking character is blocked and staggers slighly if they deal no damage.

Arrows/missiles appear stuck in opponents for a moment if they deal damage.
Arrows/missiles bounce off the opponent if they deal no damage.

Might be hard to add, but it would spice up combat a bit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Blessed are those who care for care that is given to them,
Damned are those who care for care that is not,
And Free are those who care not for the care of either.

#7 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:43 PM

View Posttezzamonkey, on Mar 26 2008, 09:28 AM, said:

Mods have to type \ in front of their text to make it everyone can hear them even if they have got it on ignore.

Eg.

Now:

(This is with Public chat off)

After update:

I wouldn't be able to hear this, but if it was important....

MOD:\Update to RULE #1

Messages entered into the chatbox by Jagex moderators and player moderators (without the \) will be seen by ordinary players in their chatbox even if their public chat is turned off :wub:. What your suggesting is already possible :suspect:.

Such as:

The defending character attempts to block but staggers slightly if they are dealt damage.

Thats all very well, but wouldn't it prolong melee duels?

Edited by Satan Kid, 26 March 2008 - 03:45 PM.

Posted Image[/url]
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#8 Mike

Mike

I got blisters on my fingers!

• RS Name:recone94
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:43 PM

I believe they should change the abilities of the Ring of Life. While it's life-saving capabilities are useful, I believe I have a far better suggestion.

When you reach 10% of your health, the ring, much like the Retribution prayer, should restore a portion of your life. You can enchant it multiple times, increasing the health regenerated by 5 hp each time. The ring can be enchanted a maximum of 10 times.

Note: The only time this item may be used in PvP is in Bounty Hunter. All other PvP mini-games do not allow the ring to be used.

~Mike

Edited by Mike, 26 March 2008 - 04:45 PM.

Posted ImageMike says:
It is imperative that you look at my signature
Ste says:
Self-portrait then?
Mike says:
Well, I mean I wasn't wearing my make-up
Ste says:
No amount of make up hides your horrendous size
Mike says:
The camera adds 10 pounds

#9 Cxkslei2

Cxkslei2

Sword Dance

• RS Name:Cxkslei2

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:32 AM

My list:

1. Make the Sandwich Lady not appear during combat. I don't know how many times I got this while at Daggonoths and it's IMPOSSIBLE to talk to her.
2. Have Random Events NOT APPEAR in areas it's difficult to see them in. Eg: Clan Wars, Castle Wars, Bounty Hunter, Grand Exchange, Falador Party Room and so on. Do I really need an explanation for this one?
3. Add NPCs across NPC with the skillcapes, that do the emote so we stop getting asked "Emote Please!" or "Show me emote now!" I find both sickening. The other option which would be much simpler and would be great if you could do is add a video on the Capes of Achievement page that shows every emote in one video. AND DON'T tell me that's impossible!
4. On the Slayer Gem add either a right click option "Task Remaining", which immediately brings you to the dialogue with the Slayer Master telling you how many left, or add a counter to the Slayer Gem. The counter would probably be easier.
5. Randoms that teleport you for the event, GET THESE OUT OF COMBAT. I'm ranging black demons, black dragons, choose anything, get teled to the Pinball random, whoops at 8 I miss the right one and end up starting over, now I lose arrows and time.
6. On Slayer Masters add a right click option "Get Assignment" to get a new assignment without the useless dialogue.
7. Anyone who's tried catching 100 rats for that Cat Training Medal knows how much your hands hurt afterwards, on a Cats Summoning Menu nake an option to Catch Rat so I don't end up with 500+ clicks and hurt hand, it's more like 300.
8. Beneath Lumbridge in the passage, on Kazgar make a right click option "Travel to Watercellar", "Travel to Mine", and vice versa on Mistag.
9. REMOVED
10. On the Temple Trekking NPC's add right clicks for "Begin Trek" and "Give Food".
11. Add right click "Travel" option to Bill Teach.
12. Add right click "Enter Village" option to Mosol Rei.
13. We worked for our Lunar Magics and Ancient Magicks and between both of them there's only ONE teletab? Allow us more teletabs from this book, you have no idea how useful they can become.
14. On the Farmers near plots that sell you stuff, make a right click trade option already! Why do I have to talk instead of just opening a trade window to buy the items. That 5 seconds several times has been the difference between my plants dying, or growing. Also on the Farmer's near Tree Patches add Secateurs to their list, common sense ftw?
15. Ghostspeak Amulet, all it does is sit in my bank taking up space! Make a quest already in which we destroy the amulet and are infused with the knowledge to talk to ghosts so we don't keep carrying around this item that is a bank hogger!
16. Add a right click "Report" option to players, and also add it on the chat right click as well. You have any idea how hard it is to tell someone's name when it's like Oooo0Oo oo0o! I'm trying to guess how many letters!
17. House Portals, add a right click option so we don't end up making two clicks, it's one and you have no idea how much time this would save over the longrun. Right click options: "Enter House", "Enter House in Build", "Enter Friend's".
18. Allow me to cancel G.E. offers from ANY bank! Here's one, maybe I got the item so now I need to go to Varrock and remove it, why can't I just remove it by using a bank!. Oh wait, I bought it, so now I have doubles and need to sell one!
19. Add right click "Travel" to the Sailor in Relleka, and add it to him on Miscellania as well.
20. The moment we are attacked, or attack, we are in combat! I don't know how many times I've attacked a Greater Demon in Brimhaven Dungeon and before it responds I'm being attacked by dogs so now I'm in combat with a useless DOG!
21. Give high level thieves the option to Stow Away on Ships without paying and I mean HIGH level thieves (like 90?)
22. Give the option to attempt to sneak past the guard in Shantay Pass by using Agility and Thieving, it's ridiculous that I have to pay EVERYTIME to go into the desert (also make this high level)!
23. Give me an option to demolish my entire house for like 5k! I don't like my current design and want to destroy it all at once, k?
24. Let the Ring of Charos effect be used on Charter Ships. ~ Mytheiya

Edited by Cxkslei2, 29 March 2008 - 02:49 PM.

http://sig.seiha.org/Cxkslei.gif [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#10 Zanaril

Zanaril

i can haz pixelz

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:43 AM

View PostSatan Kid, on Mar 26 2008, 09:43 PM, said:

Such as:

Thats all very well, but wouldn't it prolong melee duels?

It shouldn't, it would just replace the current attacking animations. And they could allways have different animations for different weapons depending on the weapon speed (I think they've already done this for 2 handed swords).

View PostCxkslei2, on Mar 27 2008, 06:32 AM, said:

My list:

9. I DESPISE walking to the Pyramid to change Ancient Magicks back to the normal spellbook, make a new spell already! Here it is for you, make it simple: Teleport to Temple, 1 Air Rune, 1 Earth Rune, 1 Water Rune, 1 Fire Rune, 1 Law Rune. Does NOT give xp, 50 magic to cast. Teleports us back to the altar room from Desert Treasure inside the Pyramid.

Doesn't the camulet teleport you there?

Edited by Zana Taru, 30 March 2008 - 11:18 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Blessed are those who care for care that is given to them,
Damned are those who care for care that is not,
And Free are those who care not for the care of either.

#11 Patben

Patben

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:36 AM

View PostZana Taru, on Mar 27 2008, 06:43 AM, said:

My list:

9. I DESPISE walking to the Pyramid to change Ancient Magicks back to the normal spellbook, make a new spell already! Here it is for you, make it simple: Teleport to Temple, 1 Air Rune, 1 Earth Rune, 1 Water Rune, 1 Fire Rune, 1 Law Rune. Does NOT give xp, 50 magic to cast. Teleports us back to the altar room from Desert Treasure inside the Pyramid.

The Camulet doesn't, but the Pharaoh's Sceptre has a teleport to the DT Pyramid.  The last choice I believe.

#12 Cxkslei2

Cxkslei2

Sword Dance

• RS Name:Cxkslei2

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:49 PM

View PostPatben, on Mar 27 2008, 09:36 AM, said:

View PostZana Taru, on Mar 27 2008, 06:43 AM, said:

My list:

The Camulet doesn't, but the Pharaoh's Sceptre has a teleport to the DT Pyramid.  The last choice I believe.
Wasn't aware of that. I'll remove it.
http://sig.seiha.org/Cxkslei.gif [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#13 I r ze lvl 3

I r ze lvl 3

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:44 PM

I think it'd be cool if Jagex set up Rs kind of like a democracy.  For example when thinking about making an update, they poll the players and whatever the players decide they get to keep.  I think that'd be a lot cooler than the sort of communist/extremist right wing form of running the game that they have now.
Former CL of Clan Discussion and Pk Run Ins

#14 Beny Boy

Beny Boy

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:53 PM

i would like a staked clan wars that would be awsome
Posted Image

#15 Justin

Justin

I need it before it's too late

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:39 AM

As of now Black Demons have very poor drops for there level, and the few good things that they drop are much too rare. What I think needs to be done to them is to improve their charm drops to three at a time with a drop rate of about 25%, and to make it so that all rune drops are increased to an approximate chance of 3%.

I feel that these changes are more than fair since these monsters are so strong, and so often assigned as a slayer task.

Posted Image
Do not PM me about price guide unbannings. Use this thread.

#16 bobmario511

bobmario511

• RS Name:game ruler7
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:37 PM

make it so things like fletching and smelting ore have a make all option. would save a small amount of time

#17 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:56 PM

View Postbobmario511, on Apr 2 2008, 06:37 AM, said:

make it so things like fletching and smelting ore have a make all option. would save a small amount of time

Thats why it's not needed. Because there will be no substantial benefit. The current "make x" feature is fine. Theres no need to go and replace it.

If anything it's firemaking that desperately needs something along the lines of a "light all" feature :-P.

Edited by Satan Kid, 02 April 2008 - 12:57 PM.

Posted Image[/url]
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#18 Justin

Justin

I need it before it's too late

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:09 PM

View PostSatan Kid, on Apr 2 2008, 11:56 AM, said:

View Postbobmario511, on Apr 2 2008, 06:37 AM, said:

Thats why it's not needed. Because there will be no substantial benefit. The current "make x" feature is fine. Theres no need to go and replace it.

If anything it's firemaking that desperately needs something along the lines of a "light all" feature :-P.
As I've said every time someone mentions "Light X": the skill is already excessively fast and cheap, it does not also need to be made excessively easy.

Posted Image
Do not PM me about price guide unbannings. Use this thread.

#19 Euro

Euro

Men do less than they ought, unless they do all they can.

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:57 AM

My little suggestion is to make Trimmed Rune Boots, you got trimmed rune armour so why not boots too? :thumbsup: (Zammy, Sara, Guthix, (t) and (g)), is also possible with Addy and Black boots too.

#20 Dan

Dan

Community Guard

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:48 PM

View Post~Euro~, on Apr 4 2008, 01:57 PM, said:

My little suggestion is to make Trimmed Rune Boots, you got trimmed rune armour so why not boots too? :-) (Zammy, Sara, Guthix, (t) and (g)), is also possible with Addy and Black boots too.
Pretty soon all armors will be trimmed = more work for Jagex and people still not satisfied.  :thumbsup:
Suggestions Competition Winner (December 2007, August 2008)

中国国家足球队和广州恒大球迷 。

(Profile updated since January 28, 2013)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: