12 replies to this topic

#1 W13

W13
  • RS Name:W13
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:32 AM

Posted Image
Download Episode 17

In this episode the team of daring adventurers discusses the new castle wars revamp and the incident in Cumbria.

Edited by Silverguy, 13 June 2010 - 05:48 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Can't tan pon it long, naw eat no yam, no steam fish, nor no green banana" - Sean Paul

#2 AGS Lover

AGS Lover

highly illogical.

• RS Name:Submersion
  • Clan:None

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:33 AM

Yay, a new episode! Should be interesting as last time.

#3 mariohat2

mariohat2

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:00 PM

2 questions Why do i have to download it, cant i just listen to it like usual. Also why arnt they in itunes? only up to episode 14 is in itunes.
is that suposed to happen?

#4 Lil

Lil
  • RS Name:Lilmikee
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:09 PM

the iTunes feed is based on the RSTop server, which is currently down. We're working on getting a new server up. I'm not sure what you mean by "listen to it as usual" though, as we've only ever provided download links.

~Lil~

#5 mariohat2

mariohat2

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:34 PM

View PostLilmikee, on 11 June 2010 - 12:09 PM, said:

the iTunes feed is based on the RSTop server, which is currently down. We're working on getting a new server up. I'm not sure what you mean by "listen to it as usual" though, as we've only ever provided download links.

~Lil~

Before i would click on it and media player would pop up and id listen to it, now its downloading the file, idk my i did somthing?(btw u rock Posted Image )
is that suposed to happen?

#6 dTwizy

dTwizy

• RS Name:dTwizy
  • Clan:zchat

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

Downloading now, no Lilmikee on this one? :thumbsup:

#7 Mike Wazowski

Mike Wazowski

Member of the Midnight Crew

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:32 AM

Yay, I always enjoy listening to these. I shall go do just that right now. Once it's finished downloading :cry:

Posted Image

Retired Global Moderator | Retired Achievements Co-Leader | Retired Aotm Leader

#8 Jackie Clay

Jackie Clay

スレイヤー

• RS Name:Jackie Clay
  • Clan:TSG

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:47 AM

View Postmariohat2, on 11 June 2010 - 12:34 PM, said:

View PostLilmikee, on 11 June 2010 - 12:09 PM, said:

~Lil~

Before i would click on it and media player would pop up and id listen to it, now its downloading the file, idk my i did somthing?(btw u rock http://forums.zybez.net/public/style_emo... )
Yeah, did the same for me. Previous episode just went to a page where quicktime began playing the file. This episode had to be downloaded and played in itunes.
Posted Image
"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky

Slay on.

#9 Feral Being

Feral Being

• RS Name:Feral Being

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:56 PM

I know this is something small, but the podcasts have changed a bit it seems, since the originals.

I don't like the way they're edited; it doesn't seem like a casual conversation is being shared. Time is squeezed together so much, it seems like I'm getting words thrown at me with the lack of pauses in between thoughts and sentences. Transitions between speakers is pretty unnatural and tough for me to listen to.

I understand that you're probably trying to limit the amount of time it takes to get more data thrown at the audience, which is what a listener would want ultimately, but I think it's a bit overdone in this case.

#10 Lil

Lil
  • RS Name:Lilmikee

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:35 PM

View PostOneEngineer, on 15 June 2010 - 03:56 PM, said:

I know this is something small, but the podcasts have changed a bit it seems, since the originals.

I don't like the way they're edited; it doesn't seem like a casual conversation is being shared. Time is squeezed together so much, it seems like I'm getting words thrown at me with the lack of pauses in between thoughts and sentences. Transitions between speakers is pretty unnatural and tough for me to listen to.

I understand that you're probably trying to limit the amount of time it takes to get more data thrown at the audience, which is what a listener would want ultimately, but I think it's a bit overdone in this case.

It actually depends which person is doing the editing. As editor we have an hour-long discussion that needs bringing down to 20 minutes and amongst our three editors the results can be quite different. Silverguy wants to stick rigidly to the 20-minute format, Wriste13 meticulously stitches together the conversation to make sure it all sounds smooth, and I refuse to cut anything out of the discussion that I deem interesting. Sometimes the result is a 45 minute podcast (Silver was a little annoyed with me over that one) or one sounding a bit disjointed, but we're still improving our technique. In future Silver all of us Silver will be focusing more on keeping the conversation running more smoothly.

~Lil~

#11 Wristé13

Wristé13

The mysterious stranger

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:36 PM

Ehh, that's an issue we're working on. Some of our editors do that, some of them don't, and it's a habit that's worth breaking - the logic behind it is sound, but the end result, as you said, seems rushed and unnatural. We'll be sure to work on that in the future :huh:
Okay, so you pronounce my name like this: "Rist'ay thur'teen.' It's not "Rist," "Riste," or "Rist'uh," and if you spell it "Wristle," you will meet a very, very painful death.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Feral Being

Feral Being

• RS Name:Feral Being

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:56 AM

[quote name='Lilmikee' date='15 June 2010 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1276641340' post='12885516']
[quote name='OneEngineer' date='15 June 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1276639017' post='12885404']

[/quote]

It actually depends which person is doing the editing. As editor we have an hour-long discussion that needs bringing down to 20 minutes and amongst our three editors the results can be quite different. Silverguy wants to stick rigidly to the 20-minute format, Wriste13 meticulously stitches together the conversation to make sure it all sounds smooth, and I refuse to cut anything out of the discussion that I deem interesting. Sometimes the result is a 45 minute podcast (Silver was a little annoyed with me over that one) or one sounding a bit disjointed, but we're still improving our technique. In future [s]Silver[/s] [s]all of us[/s] Silver will be focusing more on keeping the conversation running more smoothly.

~Lil~
[/quote]

[quote name='Wrist

#13 Paradoxical Enigma

Paradoxical Enigma

Training Range since the Han Dynasty.

• RS Name:Islands44
  • Clan:Clan

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

I'm listening to it right now and I really love it. I can't wait until they're on iTunes.
[Insert philosophy/epic quote here]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: