Things To Do In Rs While You're Busy.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 f4t4l_b

f4t4l_b

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:16 AM

Have you got something else that needs doing and want to play Runescape WHILE you work?

This only became possible when Jagex update the auto log out to 5 minutes. Its very useful!

Well here are some skills that you can do whilst you work next to your computer, without much concentration at all!

Fishing

Fishing Monkfisk - At nearly 40k xp per hour(with Granite Lobster) and with current prices of monkfish 200k gp per hour aswell.
Pros - Very close to a bank - only a few seconds between invo to bank which means more time to work.
Fishing spots are always rather close together.

Living Rock caverns - I have no Experience of this due to having 99 fish before they came out. Are they Afkable succesfully? someone let me know and ill update.

Sharks - Sharks are rather slow exp - 20-32k Per hour. and 250-350k Cash per hour.
Pros - Reaching 99 would net you a boat load of cash!

These are the only methods I suggest using because of the time between invos is 4mins+ which give you sufficent time to crack on with solving some hard Differential Equations! - which is what im meant to be doing instead of writing this guide.

Woodcutting.

Cutting Ivy - This is definatley all you should consider unless you are very money concsious.
At about 60-75k xp per hour this is the fastest method of woodcutting, there are many places you can do this
so finding a quite world or place wont be hard.
Pros- You NEVER NEVER need to bank - you can cut ivys from 70-99 in one invo if you really liked, but of course collecting those
Nests and seeds and random event rewards will mean banking eventually!

I suggest this method because of the lack of banking and great Xp/h rewards.

Smithing.

Making Cannonballs - This takes about 3 minutes per inventory (using Edgville Furnace). Leaving lots of time to work and only seconds to bank.
Nets only about 30k xp per hour however but nearly 300k Cash per hour!
Pros - Very easy to bank, Each inventory is a constant time and you do not need to click ONCE
until you have finished you inventory - Very easy to do.

Any other method such as making bars into items or smelting gold is just to fast for you to concentrate on doing work. Plus Making C-balls nets you a nice little bit of profit.

Mining.

I want to be able to say that Mining concentrated gold or coal can be Afkable but with only 66 mining I have never tried so if any one could elabarate i will add it - you shall be credited ^_^

Thoose are all the skills i would suggest training whilst you work, it works very well and i have gotten 99 Fishing from monkfish whilst i revised for my A-levels last year :)
I am now approaching 97 Wc using the ivy method revising for my University exams.

Super tip!

The only tip that is a 100% must have is having the sound ON! If you are not looking at the screen listening out for the sound of you stopping doing anything lets you know when u need to click, ALWAYS listen to the sound!

Hope you enjoy this tip or guide :rolleyes: My fist one Posted Image Let me know of any skills or activities I can add for other people - i only added the ones i think are best.

Goodluck Runescaping! And of course goodluck with thoose exams!

Proto: All these things are great to do while you cook, get ready for work, read RSC, all sorts. =]

View PostProtoman1600, on 08 June 2010 - 12:02 PM, said:

Oh, and to clarify. AFKing is against the runescape rules, but only when it means what it stands for (away from keyboard). Over the years AFKing has become synonymous with any method of training that requires very little attention. If you're still sat at your computer, you're not manipulating the log out system and you're not macroing, then you're fine.

Edited by Protoman1600, 09 June 2010 - 11:26 AM.
discontent regarding combining revision and rs

Posted Image
1593rd To 99 Farm, 21/7/08.

#2 sajdood

sajdood

Saj

• RS Name:Sajdood
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:21 AM

POPULAR

This is what I did last year, don't do it.

Basically you're going to have to check the screen sometime within the 5 minutes e.g. banking or whatever so that leaves a few minutes to revise and since youre being interrupted by banking, chances are you won't remember most of your revision because some of that info in short term memory is being lost with that interruption.

It's only a few weeks of exams so make the most of it and it's your future - so forget the games for a few weeks. This is only a game and many of us won't even be playing when we're adults because we will have jobs and life to contend with.

Edited by sajdood, 08 June 2010 - 05:21 AM.

#3 Ryan-Elephant

Ryan-Elephant

Just an elephant on a trampoline...

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:31 AM

View Postsajdood, on 08 June 2010 - 05:21 AM, said:

Basically you're going to have to check the screen sometime within the 5 minutes e.g. banking or whatever so that leaves a few minutes to revise and since youre being interrupted by banking, chances are you won't remember most of your revision because some of that info in short term memory is being lost with that interruption.

It's only a few weeks of exams so make the most of it and it's your future - so forget the games for a few weeks. This is only a game and many of us won't even be playing when we're adults because we will have jobs and life to contend with.
Yeh, but if you afk ep at mage bank with sounds on, its so easy to ep + revise.

Posted Image

In a dying clan? -1 me. In an alive clan? +1 me, simple.

#4 f4t4l_b

f4t4l_b

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:33 AM

I got good results ^_^
Posted Image
1593rd To 99 Farm, 21/7/08.

#5 MeyerS

MeyerS

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:39 AM

View Postsajdood, on 08 June 2010 - 05:21 AM, said:

Exactly I just don't play much while exams trust me.. or your grades will go down down down ha :d ..

Just study for good grades and don't scape much, then you can pass and have free holiday ;) scape when you want ha :d

Posted Image

#6 Lemon bonbons

Lemon bonbons

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:56 AM

If you have to bring yourself to play Runescape while you revise at the same time, you may as well not revise at all. This might seem like a viable solution to gaining experience, but you sacrifice your concentration on your revision as a result, which destroys the purpose of revising altogether. While I'm here, the point of playing a game is to have fun. By playing and revising at the same time, you are first of all unnecessarily clicking away and distracting yourself, and secondly are loosening your studying time. I confess that I have tried this for perhaps a day or two, and trust me, it will NOT work.

I'm afraid I have to -1 this post. In my opinion, it is somewhat damaging to the community, and will not work as much as you would like it to.

Posted Image  Posted Image

こんにちは皆さん、レモンボンボンです。日本語が好きだけど、下手です。それで終わります。よろしくお願いします。

#7 Christley

Christley

Failing since '03

• RS Name:Therealbest

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:59 AM

you must be an incredible multitasker.
but ive done this and i got best grades.

but still i could only do it with combat. other skills sucked to do it.

and this is really common sense. i think everyone knows you can semi-afk runescape
Posted Image

#8 tonton

tonton

• RS Name:superdavo2

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:10 AM

I wouldn't recommend playing runescape properly during exams. I would recommend using runescape to take a 5 minute break very 1 and a half hours from studying. Just do a hrb run, don't bother with proper skilling. However, if it's written homework it can be done at the computer because writing doesn't mean you have to learn it.

#9 Granite Hart

Granite Hart

PyroMauler

• RS Name:Granite Hart

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:15 AM

Don't ruin your study by tricking yourself into thinking you're being diligent and are 100% focused whilst you're actually being distracted by a game sitting in front of you.

Not a good idea. ^_^
Posted Image

PKD Moderator - feel free to PM me with any PKD-related queries

CLICK HERE to go to my most recent PK Video (Youtube link)

__________________________________________________________________________________

#10 Mog Time

Mog Time

#1 Youtube Hero

• RS Name:Mog Time
  • Clan:None

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:33 AM

I'd stick to AFK eping/fishing or woodcutting.

Posted Image

View PostHOz, on 29 July 2011 - 07:36 PM, said:

crashing your next fight now, good luck.

#11 Etalim

Etalim

• RS Name:Etalim

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:34 AM

View Postf4t4l_b, on 08 June 2010 - 05:16 AM, said:

Living Rock caverns - I have no Experience of this due to having 99 fish before they came out. Are they Afkable succesfully? someone let me know and ill update.

IMO, Rocktails in the LRC are the best fish you could possibly do! The fishing spots rarely move so you could do 2 - 5 invos on the same spot! Rocktails can go as far as up to 2.9K - 3K each so it's massive cash flow. Also, there's a pulley lift where you can deposit (Note: deposit, not bank). Bringing a familiar should not be a problem, as there's a small obelisk at the entrance. Cash per hour range between 200 - 300K cash per hour (depending on level and familiar) and the XP per hour can be 30 - 50K per hour (depending on level and familiar) - and that's really not bad for AFK! ;)

Think you can start mining the mineral deposits at 73 mining (living minerals). And concentrated coal at 77, then concentrated gold at 80.

This is only efficient if you're doing it in the "official" LRC world ( 84 ).

Edited by Etalim, 10 June 2010 - 10:56 AM.

Posted Image

#12 DJ_Jules

DJ_Jules

• RS Name:kaiba3
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:Clanless

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:34 AM

If your gonna study, concentrate on one thing and forget about rs rofl..
Posted Image
Posted Image RSN:                       ~Mr_fosbinder~Posted Image

#13 The Tortured

The Tortured

Failin'

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:53 AM

1. You shouldn't be thinking about how to get experience on rs while studying for exams!

2. Semi-afk mining LRC isn't that great of an idea unless your on the mining golds world, even then you can still be taken out by one of those pesky creatures.
Posted Image

#14 gilles336

gilles336

• RS Name:gilles336
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:54 AM

Gotta say its a bad idea to even get on rs while studying, really doesnt work(I speak from experience)
Sold account.

#15 W13

W13
  • RS Name:W13

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:59 AM

Think of it this way: the time you'd normally spend just 'scaping, now you can spend hybriding on both homework and also 'scaping.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Can't tan pon it long, naw eat no yam, no steam fish, nor no green banana" - Sean Paul

#16 Medo

Medo

• RS Name:Medo Z G

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:23 AM

If you can't focus on studing then don't afk,if you can then afk.Simple as that.
Btw great tip  ^_^
Posted Image

Mamiću odlazi!

#17 Lemon bonbons

Lemon bonbons

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:25 AM

View PostW13, on 08 June 2010 - 08:59 AM, said:

Think of it this way: the time you'd normally spend just 'scaping, now you can spend hybriding on both homework and also 'scaping.

You're a miracle W13, I'll follow you for the rest of my life!

^_^

On a side note, we've probably established this already.

Edited by Man Bon, 08 June 2010 - 09:29 AM.

Posted Image  Posted Image

こんにちは皆さん、レモンボンボンです。日本語が好きだけど、下手です。それで終わります。よろしくお願いします。

#18 Protoman1600

Protoman1600

Life is too short to be living somebody else's dream.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:41 AM

So many negative 1s  ^_^

I've played a lot of my rs career doing other things as well as runescape. When i had exams, this is one of the things i did. I stuck to what i knew though and often did just monks, this topic outlines all the possibilities though. By keeping yourself from getting bored, you can revise for longer, and the external stimuli means you store the information in different parts of your memory. It's good and will help you, so +1 from me.

Posted Image

#19 MERT

MERT

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

Yeah this tip is not bad at all lol.Wonder why millions of people -1'd it...Yeah the afk - homework and exam study combo works great as i did 99 woodcutting while studying to my exams , doing homeworks , and playing cod mw2 at my ps3.
-1 all my posts please going for -1000:D

#20 Protoman1600

Protoman1600

Life is too short to be living somebody else's dream.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

Oh, and to clarify. AFKing is against the runescape rules, but only when it means what it stands for (away from keyboard). Over the years AFKing has become synonymous with any method of training that requires very little attention. If you're still sat at your computer, you're not manipulating the log out system and you're not macroing, then you're fine.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: