A Couple Of Dungeoneering Tips.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Forty Lashes

Forty Lashes

Fear Thyn Buckit.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:08 PM

POPULAR

Hello, I doubt these have been posted, but since many do large maps this can make the map a little easier for some.

Whenever killing saggitare on large maps, usually with a team with at least lvl 100 player average - you are very likely to receive a saggitarian longbow, a tier 11 longbow that most won't or can't use.
My simple tip is to bind it if you have an open slot and don't range, perhaps the arrows as well; then your next map - high alch it and thats 120k not including the arrows, once you do this once however - you must wait until you get saggitare again to get another bow - although they arent that rare.

My second dungeoneering tip is a good tactic of killing rammernaut, this tactic allows easy soloing of him for any map size, with any amount of teammates, he can even be solo'd without using food or overheads.
This tactic is to simply create around 20-30 gatestones as well as 100-200 casts of bolt+ spells.
First run into the boss room and drop a gatestone in a corner.
Next mage him while running along the walls, similar to how people do saradomin god wars dungeon, until you reach the opposite corner.
Upon arrival to the opposite corner, stay there and mage him until he is close, and then gatestone teleport to the opposite corner, drop another gatestone, and repeat.
Using this technique I have solo'd rammernauts over 380 combat - that even maxed mains have died on - while being a mere 77 combat myself.
Getting hit 600s isn't fun, but getting the david award on 5 man maps is :D

Here is a vid showing the strategy, maybe not the greatest example - but the only one that I recorded.
[url="]

My last tip is for the farmers, alot will leave edicap mushroom seeds or cave potato seeds on the ground, well a good way to make your cave morays, blue crabs, or eels heal higher is by growing mushrooms and potatoes.Similar to how tuna potatoes are made in rs, you can add edicap mushrooms to a cave potato, and finish with a cave moray - and you now have food that heals 370 instead of the normal 250.

Other than that I would like to add that I feel small maps 1-20, medium maps 20-32, and large maps 33-35 is the best exp - although some may disagree, I mainly find this to be better exp because large maps tend to take a long time and teammates may decide to leave if they are killed... sometimes making the map in-completable and wasting your time, therefor the less larges you do, the less likely that is to happen. In addition to this, medium maps are easily 1/4 to 1/3 of the time - and still give around 10-15k average for prestige.

Anyways - those are my tips, hope that they help a few of you.

EDIT: ONE MORE TIP. Always try to be on a team with someone with 90+ slayer for your large maps on floor 33-35, there is a monster called "edimmu" that drops a VERY good item called a Blood Necklace... which you will definitly want to bind.

The Blood necklace is a special drop from Edimmu, the level 90 Slayer monster in Daemonheim. Its special ability activates every 10 seconds, dealing 40 damage to all enemies adjacent to the player and healing the player for half of the damage dealt.
quoted from rswiki - here.

Edited by Chokexx, 24 May 2010 - 08:32 PM.

Posted Image

Coming back depending on how the pvp system returns.

#2 ronzomanzi

ronzomanzi

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:40 PM

For the binding of the bow, you should never have a free binding slot.  You should have a platebody and good weapon, preferably a spear bound.

#3 chaosvirus1

chaosvirus1

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

View Postronzomanzi, on 24 May 2010 - 06:40 PM, said:

For the binding of the bow, you should never have a free binding slot.  You should have a platebody and good weapon, preferably a spear bound.

rather, u should bind the arrows because they alch for 3k each and can also be used for lexicus runewright to avoid being damaged by recoil and also hit hard, as well as hobgoblin geomancer

#4 Tensore

Tensore

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

Thanks dude! I have yet to start dungeoneering but as soon as I do I'll prolly use some of these =]
Posted Image

#5 October Sky

October Sky

The Original Tomb Raider

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

Wow, I didn't know....any of this. It's sad, but thanks a lot!

#6 Forty Lashes

Forty Lashes

Fear Thyn Buckit.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:30 PM

No problem, thanks for the rep so far - I added a short vid of the rammernaut tactic... although if anyone wanted to make a better one if they had free time I would definitly appreciate it.

Posted Image

#7 Vinny`

Vinny`

Keep it simple .

• RS Name:Vinnn
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:41 AM

usefull tips,going to bear them in mind if i ever start to dungeoneer :thumbsup:

Sleeping is for dreamers

#8 Pity

Pity

There are strange things done in the midnight sun.

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:12 PM

I killed an edimmu or whatever the other day but didn't get the necklace I was very sad :(

Posted Image
Pity on SwiftIrc You Can Find Me In #Pity
EX Maxed Tank, Currently Maxed Main
126 F2p
138 P2p

#9 Forty Lashes

Forty Lashes

Fear Thyn Buckit.

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:06 AM

View PostPity, on 29 May 2010 - 07:12 PM, said:

I killed an edimmu or whatever the other day but didn't get the necklace I was very sad :(

I'm not sure of the drop rate, but I still have yet to come across a edimmu on my 5man large maps - all I know is that when I see one, I'll be doing some begging to my 90+ slayer teammates haha :D

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: