• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Lil

Lil
  • RS Name:Lilmikee
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

View PostTheJaizin, on 18 May 2010 - 05:25 PM, said:

Hey guys, great responses! You guys are all right. I do admit I was being a little touchy about the whole "poke at those Yanks" comments but it just seems that the US is getting hated on by, well, the rest of the world. We are not all crazy liberals or fundamentalists; there are a lot of people in the US who are just as fed up with our government (BOTH parties) as the rest of the world. Hopefully we can gradually change the world's opinion on us but it's gonna be awhile I guess.

Well, we're not all deep-seated yank haters; we English just love poking fun at other people, be they American, European, Middle-Eastern, or just other English people. Our humour generally comes at the expense of others.

Anyways, I posted that before I had listened to the whole podcast and I have both a suggestion and a comment. The suggestion relates to the sound quality. I listen to a lot of audio podcasts and they are always striving to improve their, as they put it, production values. I think there are many podcasts available that can help you improve yours. That community is always willing to help other podcasters with advice on the equipment and software you might need to get a truly great sound quality.

Well we'll make it a goal to do some investigating and see what we can improve, although at least as far as equipment goes it won't be possible there's only so much we can do. We have a rotating panel every episode and occasional guest speakers, and it's a harsh regime to demand top-quality headsets from everyone with a passing interest.

The comment is about one of the voices on the podcast. I'm not sure who it was but it sounded like you had just had a tooth pulled or were talking with a mouthful of marbles! Anyways, I know podcasting isn't easy and takes a lot of time to do, so good luck on your future podcasts and keep on improving.

That's probably my accent. Sounds like someone went for my vocal chords with a cheese grater.

I don't need to be forgiven.

Posted Image

#22 Alberta_A

Alberta_A

Shadow Of Guthix

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

Its just typical stuff people making fun of others countrys, hear it all the time. but i do love when some people try and call me a yankee, since im canadian so i just laugh it off, and when people are smart enough to relize i am canadian they usually start singing the blame canada song that was sung on south park, its all in fun, its like high schools making fun of each others high schools when they probably hate stuff about the high school them selves. These guys did not direct the comment to be offensive to someone but more of a joke, just some cant handle it as well as others.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Joe Baby

Joe Baby

• RS Name:Joe Baby
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:26 AM

I saw this on Zybez's front page and to be honest I thought..."Podcast, what a bunch of sad acts!"

Then I though, "Go on then, I'll have a listen." So I started to listen to it, and it was quite interesting. The guys were funny and brought up some interesting topics.

It was the first podcast I've listened to and you'll be happy to know, I no longer think that their sad acts, haha and I think I will be listening in the future!

Check out my band's Facebook here.

#24 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

• RS Name:Stl Arrow
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:VR
  • Team:TT

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

Not bad, not bad at all.

Ex Phalanx Posted ImageWarlord | Ex Valhalla Posted ImageWarlord | Ex Collision Posted ImagePk Leader | Ex Violent Resolution !Captain

Currently: Nostalgia Elder | Violent Resolution Member | Team Trinity ~Warlord

#25 Alc Jr

Alc Jr

Retired 09er

• RS Name:Alc Jr
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:50 AM

View PostJoe Baby, on 20 May 2010 - 04:26 AM, said:

I saw this on Zybez's front page and to be honest I thought..."Podcast, what a bunch of sad acts!"

Then I though, "Go on then, I'll have a listen." So I started to listen to it, and it was quite interesting. The guys were funny and brought up some interesting topics.

It was the first podcast I've listened to and you'll be happy to know, I no longer think that their sad acts, haha and I think I will be listening in the future!
A convert! Yes!

Good podcast, as a "yank" some of the accents are quite interesting to me :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
-Supporters add this (NEW!) ^
- CL of PK Discussion and Fitness , PM me for help with anything!
-SeMe 10/31/09- Better than candy!
- RuneScape and Cigarettes: Both are addicting and both take your life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: